Lightspeed Logo

Lightspeed

9.9

With the belief that commerce belongs to everyone, Dax Dasilva founded Lightspeed in Montreal, Canada, in 2005. Lightspeed was named one of Canada’s "200 Fastest Growing Companies by Profit" in 2012. In 2013, Lightspeed built their first US office in New York. The company is out to help businesses manage their online and in-store business with e-commerce integration and offers a cloud-based, point of sale  (POS) software system. Lightspeed has never only focused on the ability to generate sales transactions through POS features like a number of other POS providers. Instead, it has focused on helping entrepreneurs, small business owners, and other entities to work smarter and create the best possible experience for each customer.

The Good

• Integrated Ecommerce Platform
  • Cloud POS Features
  • POS for Retailers
  • Restaurant POS
  • Consumer Reviews

Integrated Ecommerce Platform

Lightspeed integrates an e-commerce platform with its POS sale software tools to help each business combine their respective brick-and-mortar and online stores. This provides a way for any retail business to manage both its physical store and e-commerce store in one centralized POS system. Customers are able to see the inventory available and make purchases online with the use of a credit card or other purchasing means such as debit cards, gift cards, and cash. This e-commerce solution not only saves time, but makes running your business much easier.

Cloud POS Features

One of the great advantages of using Lightspeed POS software is the cloud-based system. This software is able to run when connected to the internet in any location. Both cloud-based restaurant POS and cloud-based retail POS are available.

POS for Retailers

Lightspeed provides a wonderful POS solution to retailers with its POS software that caters to a retailers' needs. This software includes inventory management features, centralized purchasing, employee management, manageable software variations, pricing and cost tracking, inventory customization, data analytics, and low-stock alerts. Users are also able to create customer profiles to better understand what their customers are interested in as well as past purchases they have made there. Other features include, but are not limited to: customer loyalty programs, special order capabilities, layaways, and a variety of payment processing options. Transactions can be made with mobile payments, credit and debit cards, and contactless transactions. Gift cards are also accepted by these POS terminals for retailers.

For business owners, a key feature is the data analytics feature providing real-time data around the clock. This data is exportable and allows for remote reporting. These advanced reporting management features enable the businesses to be much more aware of how the business is doing in one or multiple locations.

Restaurant POS

Point of Sale software created for the food industry provides users with many features to boost customer satisfaction through excellent customer support. Different types of restaurant POS software provided are: bakery and cafe, quick service, fine dining, bar and nightclub, and hotel restaurants. When beginning, new users can link their favorite accounting apps to the software for credit card processing, etc. These POS terminals facilitate table-side ordering, offline mode functioning without internet connection, and a cloud-based database.

For Restaurant POS in hotels, customers are able to order menu items quickly and easily using the mobile device mobile POS features on a mobile app. This app makes the purchasing process significantly easier. It is as if you had given customers their own pocket-size POS terminals. One of the integrations that has great potential is customers paying from their phones. This has been facilitated by the new credit card capabilities available online.

Similar to the POS for retailers, Lightspeed restaurant POS is equipped with easy-to-use customer loyalty programs. Through this program you can track purchase orders, offer bonus points to frequent visitors, send automated campaigns to members, and analyze consumer insights. The Lightspeed restaurant point of sale solution also boasts real-time data analytics with exportable reports and reporting and employee management between multiple locations.

One other feature that is unique to the food industry is the self-order menu. Here, customers can order menu items from the comfort of their table without the assistance of a waiter or waitress. All of these software features come with new and improved POS hardware which facilitates credit card, debit card, and gift card transactions with its multifaceted card reader and printing receipts with a receipt printer. This eliminates the need for an older traditional cash register, cash drawers, and other out-dated sales integrations.

Consumer Reviews

The majority of Lightspeed's reviews on Bestcompany.com commend the company for its user-friendly platform and remarkable customer service. One of the only complaints against the POS system is that Lightspeed eCom doesn't integrate as easily with all available extensions. Overall, customers are happy with how robust (but easy to navigate) the system is and Lightspeed's 24/7 customer service representatives who were praised for their knowledge and friendliness.

The Bad

• High Monthly Fee
  • Not a Good Fit for Certain Businesses

High Monthly Fee

Lightspeed systems have a higher monthly fee when compared to other point of sale software companies. It is around $69 per month, but can vary depending on which point of sale program you purchase. The $69 monthly retail plan includes one register, up to five employee capabilities, personal on-boarding, free automatic updates, and other basic tasks. The basic package may not provide the volume of hardware and integrations needed by a medium or large retail business. As such, it could become quite costly to invest in bigger packages for these larger retail businesses.

Not a Good Fit for Certain Businesses

Unfortunately, Lightspeed has a few feature limitations such as weight scale integration, expiry date tracking, and fractional quantity tracking. Because of these limitations, Lightspeed is not a good fit for the following business types:

• Consignment stores
  • Sports facilities
  • Food trucks
  • Arts and crafts studios
  • Pizza delivery restaurants
  • Services (legal services, veterinary services, travel agencies, co-working spaces, catering services, consulting services, printing services, tattoo parlors, pet grooming/pet boarding, insurance services, mechanics, car washes, hairdressers/salons)

The Bottom Line

We recommend the Lightspeed restaurant and retail POS platform systems to any business that is looking for a long term POS system and is willing to pay for it. Because the basic package starts out more expensive, it can be more cost effective for a smaller business since the bigger the company, the more expensive the sale software becomes. If retail businesses, restaurants, or small business owners are also looking to incorporate a full-service e-commerce platform or find a POS software system designed specifically for their type of business, this is a good program to use. It facilitates quicker and more efficient customer service and customer support to better sell its product with a variety of customization options. We support that Lightspeed provides each customer with a good sale POS product and encourage you to look into the pros and cons to see how they align with your current POS needs.

View Top Rated Companies

4.9

Marchelle knapp Longview, WA

We are so pleased with the restaurant POS system we have with Lightspeed. We shopped many providers and selected Lightspeed for the features and ease of program. The system is so easy to use. The program is very reliable we have never had any software issues. The service team is outstanding. We are a very happy customer for the past 4 years.

Kenzie Jones Draper, UT

We've been using Lightspeed since around 2014 when we were first transitioning from an old school manual register to a computerized one. Lightspeed was our second go around with a fully computerized and integrated POS system because we needed something that could easily be mobilized when we had pop-up shops. There have been ups and downs over the years particularly when we were expanding into eCommerce back in 2017 and there wasn't an easy way for our brick-and-mortar and our eCom to sync and talk. When Lightspeed came out with their eCom.and it fully intergraded and synced with our retail POS it was a game changer. We've been using it for over a year and it has revived our business and honestly helped us not just survive the pandemic, but thrive a little in it. We have some not super tech savvy employees and they have been very happy with how user friendly they've found Lightspeed to be. Yet, it's not overly simplified. We can still do complex things with the system without having to jump through loops with tech support. Speaking of tech support, sometimes you can get ahold of someone instantaneously and sometimes you can't. Everyone has busy period and slow periods. What's nice is that their "call you back" function works. You don't have to spend ages on the phone. You can request that they call you and get on with other tasks while you wait. It works. They call you back rather quickly. There's only been a couple of times that support hasn't been able to help me fix my problem right then. That was because it was a super tricky and complex problem. The advanced support team super kept me in the loop and I knew exactly what they were doing to fix it. We at Poco Loco Swim Shop are huge fans of Lightspeed. It's that plain and simple.

Ruth Rosales Chicago, IL

Lightspeed is a great POS system, customizable software to my needs and professional customer service.. i am glad i choose lightspeed for my business. Ruth Rosales Coffee Break and Lunch

LaRuelle Mtl Montreal, QC

I highly recommend Lightspeed . Our team agrees that the POS software is highly intuitive. Best of all , whenever we have an issue , 24 hrs availability and quick response time with customer service makes trouble shooting a breeze. Tweaking the menu and being able to push it instantly to 3rd party delivery apps is one of the main reason we selected Lightspeed. Nearly 1 year in, we are confident we made the right decision.

Doug Choptiany Leduc, AB

Being brand new to business, I needed i wanted something all in one and worked with my accounting software (Quickbooks) and Lightspeed did fit that bill, at first i was very frustrated, and some features which I was told where part where not, but after a couple weeks I was able to get my full retail, up and running and 1.5 months after was able to get my Ecomm running and had my first order on it some 24 after of going live. The customer service imo is 2nd to none.

Abdelmalek Saoudi Dartmouth, NS

Before we opened our restaurant we shopped around for the best POS System and Lightspeed was by far the best of them all, pricing was competitive, customer service was exceptional...The system is user friendly and the team is always available to answer our questions. We highly recommend Lightspeed Abdelmalek. S Casablanca Authentic Moroccan Cuisine

Josh Smiths Falls, ON

We use the restaurant POS and it's always met our needs. The ipad solution is mobile, we use it for our catered events, as well as our brick and mortar locations. They invest heavily in product improvement and have even added features that we personally requested. Cloud reporting is a must and their solution is functional and easy to use. We can monitor real time sales from multiple locations at once. Highly recommend!!

Malcolm Kojokaro Toronto, ON

We started with Lightspeed about 2 years ago and have pivoted a few times during the last year and a half. Lightspeed has done a lot to improve during the lockdown and we have benefitted by adding on a few new modules. Having everything integrated has saved time and money. Setting things up can be tedious and figuring out how to work around Lightspeed is incapable of is a chore. Once all the laborious tasks are completed, it is all worth it. The technical support team is very helpful and available 24 hours a day.

Melanie Ferreira Laval, QC

Love that its all in one system. Easy to use. Great for a combined brick and mortar store and ecom. Im small business that before Lightspeed, I was struggling with 2 systems that didnt combine well together. many errors and mistakes. the fact my company is in expansion, I wanted a software that will make that easier and better! I sure took the right decision. Price wise is only reason I doubted to join. And during the process of setting everything up, had difficulties with translations mostly, french to english and all. With support though, helped me through my difficulties so is not that bad!!! Customer service + support is important in my business so I need to do business with company that is the same.

Thiva Sri Markham, ON

We are using lightspeed restaurant POS. We really like the system for its user friendly navigation and tools for modifications.

Daniel Youngren San Diego, CA

Amazingly responsive customer support, especially in our early months of configuring our account and training our team on features. Very impressed with the continuous upgrades / fixes!

Peter McGarry Lethbridge, AB

Lightspeed is a fantastic POS. Reliable, easy to program good functionality. Don't need a computer degree to set up or program. In 3 years our POS has not crashed or stalled. Customer support is remarkable. The team is knowledgeable and professional. My questions are answered the same day. One less thing I have to worry about.

Primavera YUMARI Kann Arcata, CA

Hello, I just want to said thank you lightspeed you are awesome guys I highly appreciate your help and the way that you guys take care and solve every single situation that come to my business, Kofe to go feel happy to suggested to everyone work with this amazing team.

Sandrini Shoes Pointe-Claire, QC

From the beginning when we chose Lightspeed as a POS, we were treated with great customer service, training and support after-sales. Over the past 2 years, every time we have encountered issues, Lightspeed support agents listen to our issue and put through a solution. A support email is then sent to review and verify that our issue has either been resolved or is being worked on. We are still discovering great tools and put them to good use as we have evolved with the system. The training for our staff was simple and easy to carry out. Lightspeed is very user friendly.

Game Bro Tucson, AZ

Lightspeed is hands down the best program I have ever used. I have used some of the big brand names in POS and inventory management, and Lightspeed goes above and beyond with so many awesome features, all while remaining simple and user friendly. I cant imagine a business that would not benefit from having this program and the customer support ensures that if you do have questions, you will get answers fast. Their pricing is competitive and the integrated payment processing means you do not have to deal with other payment processing companies. Sometimes a company will charge more for convenience, but I personally found that their pricing for payment processing is actually MORE competitive than any other offers we found. I cannot say enough good things about Lightspeed and would recommend it without hesitation to everyone. Whether you have 5 or 5000 sku's, you can and should be using this software. The reports give you ease of access on demand. To give you an idea... I needed my inventory for end of the year for tax purposes, but because of COVID, we were not able to get to it in time. In February, when my accountant asks for year end Inventory, it takes me 1 minute to pull up a report generated by lightspeed that gives me my totals as of 12/31 end of day. Amazing!

DeNatale Marketing Bayville, NJ

Lightspeed has taken our small business of about 10 people from brick and mortar to online in no time at all. Entering items into their system is simple and you can add them to an online store within minutes. The checkout experience is changing my business for the positive. The system and interfaces are easy to use and set up. We are very happy with Lightspeed and highly recommend it!

Steve Johnson Beverly, MA

My company has used Lightspeed for going on 4 years now and has been able to increase both sales & efficiency as a result. The POS, eCommerce, Accounting and Data Analytics work incredibly well together and, once they're properly set up, work with little to no issues. With the data export to Quickbooks, our financials are kept up-to-date with minimal time invested. The data analytics allows us to formulate budgets and identify areas of opportunity. Yes, there have been a few work-arounds, but with development of new modules and features ongoing, I have had some requests already answered with new capabilities. I really appreciate the customer support which is available 24/7. Being able to have a question answered in the wee hours of the morning if I'm trying to make off-hour changes is incredibly beneficial.

Lin Smith Squamish, BC

By far what sets Lightspeed apart from all the others is their support and customer service. Not only does their Retail POS and Ecomm platform delivery what they promised they are a company what wants you to succeed. From day one they have been there to assist in the set up, go live and any other questions we had. We are a small pet shop but have thousands of SKUs so other platforms did not have a robust enough inventory management system as Lightspeed. This was a brand new system for us and the onboarding, web help and one and one sessions made the transition very easy and we were experts right out of the gate. The POS system is user friendly, intuitive and able to tackle any in store promotions we can think of. The back end inventory system is very well thought out. It is logical and we did not have to change any of our procedures to match the system, Lightspeed adapted to us. The Ecomm platform makes your online store look very professional and easy to adapt and customize making it minimal effort on our part.

Ian Chandley Kingston, 01

We operate 4 Cannonball Cafés in Jamaica. This is our second year of using Lightspeed. When we bought the business in 2016, we installed another company's system which, after a few months use, revealed it's weakness for use in a multi-unit business. We plodded along for awhile under the "Better to stay with the Devil you know..." philosophy until a sharp eyed customer got very upset because she noticed the price of one of our specialty coffees at one location was vastly different from another location... we had made a late night keystroke mistake entering the updated prices! What caught our eye with Lightspeed was the powerful Back-of-House infrastructure that allows us to make REMOTE CHANGES to our menus, our controls etc IN AN INSTANT on our phones, tablets or computers: last year on a trip to China, we got a text from one of our managers requesting a menu addition - somewhere over the Pacific at 40,000 feet, my wife added the item and went back to sleep!!!! The level of detail that supports our business goes far beyond what we could imagine - while a lot of detail & thought has to go into setting up Lightspeed initially, that effort pays dividends when using the system. Finally, the support we get from the Technical Support team is amazing - the Techs are all very well trained, are extremely knowledgeable and can resolve problems that are outside their Lightspeed purview: in September, a store was having a weird connectivity problem that was traced by Catherine in Tech Support back to a DHCP problem with our Wi-Fi (nothing to do with Lightspeed). She sent me the steps to fix the problem, stayed with me while the changes were made, and then followed up later to ensure everything was working properly. Their Support Team takes time to resolve problems, rather than rushing us offline to keep up with some productivity metric.... (Did I say I LOVE Lightspeed??!!)

Becca M Katy, TX

We have been using Lightspeed for over 3 years. It has been a great system for our retail book and gift store. We did a lot of research on point of sale systems and it was (and still is) the best system we can find. Specifically, the software is easy to use, adaptable to most business models, and accessible anywhere. The inventory management feature continues to be superior. We are able to precisely track inventory at all times. The reporting menu is also extensive, which is super helpful. Aside from a few lengthy wait times on support (90% of the time the support is fantastic and our issue has been resolved), Lightspeed has been a great decision for us!

Marie Pilote Vancouver, BC

The full POS is base on an application Ipad. the back office can be use from any computer and it's live with the POS. Took a lot time to set up the back office the first time but we get support and training to help us.

Heidi Geffen Napa, CA

I have been using Lightspeed in my retail business for several years, and have been happy since day one. The system is very easy to navigate, and customer service is top notch.

Pamela Dagher Roxboro, QC

We have been with Lightspeed for 3 months now and we love it! POS super easy and friendly to use. Also, their customer service is amazing, always here to help! 100% recommended!!!!

Andrew Desiderio San Diego, CA

We are a 40 year Brick and Mortar AND E-commerce company that carries 1000s of unique skus. Needing a software that is heavier than just the POS is essential. Inventory management and the ability to integrate with E-commerce was a non-negotiable for my next POS. Lightspeed does have some frequent, mostly minor bugs, it is nice that they constantly update and enhance their program. There often seems to be a disconnect between software designers and the retail experience, but this program bridges the data management needed to go with the point of sale functionality. Product management has been efficient. Customer service has been very helpful via telephone or chat and are always available which is nice. Even better, the amounts of time to need to contact customer service is minimal. After one year of use, I can say I use this program with confidence and I believe it packs the punch needed to handle scale. Most cloud POS seemed geared for start up or micro retail. Lightspeed had the best blend of power needed to handle a sizable company as well as the agility to be cloud based and utilize mobile platforms. The ability to have an integration with Shopify as well as the integrated customer support was the perfect nudge to migrate to Lightspeed

EmbellishMe Greenville, SC

What an amazing POS!! It takes some time setting up, but once you do, it really can save your business! Customer service is very helpful when it comes to teaching you and your team the system. Lightspeed helps you cut purchase ordering time in half with automatic reordering. Inventory counts and reconciliation helps you manage your inventory appropriately and effectively. The more you invest your time into setting up the system, the more it gives back to you. Would and do recommend to any business 100%

TLC Pool & Spa Services Charles Town, WV

This retail system does it all! It has been a wonderful experience from the start. The inventory tracking, the invoicing, Quickbooks integration, time clock, rewards program, and the list goes on of all the awesome features! The customer service is top notch, they are always able to help if you have a question or an issue to resolve (which there are not a lot of issues!!). Highly recommend this!

Bill Larson Portland, OR

CyclepathPDX has been with Lightspeed from its very early days. It was the best POS system at the time for many reasons and allowed us to affordably go with a computerized, bar code inventory system when we were still a young company. Being Cloud based, it eliminated all the finicky master/slave network issues of that time. Cloud based, it allowed me to log onto the system from home to work. It wasn't rosy every single step of the way... Lightspeed has had it's share of growing pains, but has changed a lot since those early years. We can say we personally helped them troubleshoots bugs and offer advice to create functionality we wanted to see. Today Lightspeed is a very well run/operating system and offers us all the functionality we ever wanted. We are very pleased with the service. Bill

Greg B Las Vegas, NV

LS is the best POS I have used for multi store operation. In the last eight years I have broken Bindo, NCR and Quickbooks. None of them could accurately track inventory transfers. Sometimes they would not populate or would just add ghost products and our inventory was a disaster. I would spend hours trying to get it straight. Trying to place PO's when you cannot trust your inventory counts is unacceptable. I have used LS the last four years and have never had an issue with multi store PO's or transfers and I execute an average of 15 per week with multiple vendors. The hours saved is well worth the few extra dollars. Like and believe in LS so much I invested in their stock.

Simone Brothers Myrtle Beach, SC

I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment's notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It's such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I've been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It's been a developer's dream.

Ecology Center Albany, CA

We have only been using Lightspeed for a short time. We switched from a very old POS system, and the LS team helped up a lot in transferring our information over. We love that the Retail platform is completely integrated with the eCom platform. That cuts down on half the workload! The interface is super easy to use and easy to train staff on. I also appreciate the online training modules available so that staff can learn at their own pace. It would be great if there was a 24-hour chat option available on eCom. There is a 24-hour customer service line available, but sometimes there is a long wait before getting connected to a tech. I did appreciate the call-back feature so that I didn't need to wait on hold the whole time. The whole team at Lightspeed has been really wonderful to work with. I'm really happy that we chose to go with them for our retail POS and eCom. Our reps and points of contact were really wonderful to work with. They were friendly, knowledgeable, super on top of emails, and have done everything in their power to get our shop set up for success. Because Lightspeed doesn't have personal emails for techs, our rep was great to have on the inside and could help relay messages or assist with answering questions on the fly. Throughout our buildouts of both Retail and eCom, we've had really great experiences with everyone that supported us along the way!

Ewan D Mason Brampton, ON

I really like this platform for my business as I run a combo bike store and team sports store. The convenience of viewing all info from anywhere due to cloud access is key for me. The ability to provide a quote in the system and send it direct to the customer for approval saves a lot of hassle and provides a detailed work template for all bicycle repairs that all staff can access to verify at any one time. The number one capability of Lightspeed for me though is the Reports tab. From dated inventory to compartive sales reports the system really has it all for someone who wants to stay on top of their biz Ewan Berts Sports

Natalie forrest Golden, BC

While the customer service is knowledgeable and quick, the ability to track inventory through an actual store and the online store is good. There are a lot of quirks and frustrating things that are enraging especially when using the ecom&retail together. Their loyalty program doesn't sync with the retail so you (and your customers) have to do things two or three times. You are forced to use SMS to contact your customers not email, you also have to pay for use above a certain amount. You have to pay for any "add-ons" - like booking appointments. You have to use their gift cards to work properly. It didn't work with our computer so had to buy a new one...so many little annoying things. What they have done is bought various things (like the online platform and loyalty program) from different companies and they aren't easily compatible which means that you have to do more work manually. It's not intuitive or progressive. But if you care about none of that.

Brunmillers Brenham, TX

We really recommend Lightspeed. We have both the POS and the eCommerce, which are seamlessly integrated. They make keeping up with inventory much easier than any previous programs used. We also like the excellent customer service both for the POS and for the website support.

Sara Jones Seattle, WA

Lightspeed was so easy to implement and train our employees. So much of the software is very intuitive. The customer service and onboarding was excellent. We felt very supported. The big take away is the integration between Lightspeed POS, Lightspeed Payments and eCommerce. The analytic tools are so much more than what we had before. Honestly, it's hard to come up with anything negative to say. It does seem a bit pricey and while I appreciate discounts and deals like the next person, I don't appreciate having to make a decision to buy based on a specific deadline in order to get the better price. Overall Lightspeed POS has improved our workflow and efficiency. We seem to stumble on new cool tools frequently. We are very happy with the product.

Todd Warner Granada Hills, CA

Lightspeed is very user friendly, Training is made very simple. The reports are easy to run from anywhere. The customer service has been great and Lightspeed is always working on making new improvements. I also use Lightspeed ecomm which has been a lifesaver during covid. My overall experience with lightspeed has been great. I love that as my business expands Lightspeed has made it seamless. Everyone at Lightspeed has been wonderful in helping me with all and any questions that my team or myself might have.

Sandrine Campeau Montreal, QC

Lightspeed has made my life as a small business owner in the food business much easier. Their reporting is solid, their interface is very intuitive and I can update menu items within seconds. I had shopped around around systems, downloaded their demos and nothing compares to Lightspeed. And as a bonus this is a Montreal based company with EXCELLENT customer service. I will be a loyal client for life!

Elysian Fields Sarasota, FL

When I purchased an existing business, I had a list of priorities and Lightspeed checked them all off, from inventory management to eCom. From the ease of use and intuitive toolbars to the basic functionality. The added apps that work with Lightspeed, such as Homebase, just were icing on the cake for me. I have over 35 years in retail with fortune 50 companies and this POS for a single store, is equal or better! I have no problem recommending Lightspeed and am open to answering any specific questions anyone may have regarding the use of this product.

Mamie Causey Greenville, MS

Lightspeed is easy to use for front and back of the house! Customer service is top notch!

David Henry Memphis, TN

I have installed numerous POS systems in my 30+ years of experience. LightSpeed is by far the most comprehensive system, yet easiest system to implement and use. There support mechanism is second to none. If you look your question up in help, there will be documentation to answer your question, and chances are there is a video that walks you step by step through the solution. If you feel like you want to get live help, there chat mechanism is one of the best, better yet, the support people on the chat are the most patient and knowledgeable support people in the business. Simply the best. David

Marie Harrell Lexington, SC

We love how easy this was to set up. It does not require buying $20,000 worth of equipment like our first POS system did back in 2008. In fact it can easily be used with just an iPad! We are not computer savvy at all and this system has never confused us or new employees. We love everything about this system! So much that if we ever strike up a conversation with a fellow business owner that mentions they are thinking about a new system you better believe they are going to hear all about this one! You can read all about the features and I could tell you everything that we love or you can just be smart like we were and just try it. If you do want to talk to an actual person that is using the system you can certainly get in touch with one by calling one of the helpful reps at Lightspeed. They will connect you with a business owner that will tell you everything you want to know about their daily experience. It helped us make the decision to pull the trigger and get the ball rolling!

Amanda Smith Ottawa, ON

We are a retail and repair shop that has 1 location. We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed. There are very few things we would change about this platform. Its nice that as the company develops, they listen to customers needs and make relevant changes based on that. It's almost a 1 stop shop for being able to run a successful business. Pros:- ecom and retail link seamlessly -open and close cashes easy for staff -each staff has own login to track sales progress and customers - can limit staffs access to certain tabs that are irrelevant -painlessly easy to submit orders, and create new product -can easily provide quotes for potential customers -easy to do inventory checks from your cell phone, great for purchasing at trade shows or counting stock in warehouse. Cons: -Limited integrated payments -Limited ways to get content linked to other selling platforms -Blog -doesn't do penny rounding for cash sales (canada doesn't use pennies) - creating a work order- we cannot add or remove tabs that show on work orders -system crashes during work hours, (bugs in system) approx every 3 months, which means we have to use manual receipts and cash only.

Wanda Louise Lynnwood, WA

We are a women's clothing boutique and formal wear rental, single location brick and mortar store. Lightspeed has been amazing in all aspects. The systems customer profiles makes custom ordering, contact information, notes, etc., simple to manage and organize. Their cloud platform allows the flexibility we need to constantly be in different locations throughout the store and even away and on different devices. Their customer service team is easy to work with, efficiently solving every issue we have had. From technical problems, training on updates, setting up new devices... They off different plans for every sized company and need. We needed that flexibility and they were more then happy to work with our needs and limits. I highly recommend using them for your POS needs.

Chris White Spokane, WA

I have used Lightspeed in a bike shop and it has been absolutely key to success. The ability to use a POS from anywhere, on most platforms is amazing. Support is also a key, and they have been great. Super stable, in 2 years there have only been 2 times the server went down, and both were fixed in under 10 minutes. We have 4 stores, and with a shared inventory, it has made things simpler. Lot's of small customizable menu's gives a range of flexibility. Some con's, to make this a honest review. 1. Building a Special order, and transferring it, is clunky, and hard to train staff on. It works, but could use some streamlining. 2. It uses a shared search, for all of the different tabs. So if you are trying to search for a just a labor type, you have to select labor, every line. Still works, just clunky. 3. Lastly, if you sell an item, not in inventory, there is only a yellow warning, at the top of the screen. would be better if it had a "are you sure" and a red warning. All of this aside, the inventory, labor management, reporting, POS, Work Order, and PO to SO tracking, makes this so much easier. Chris White Store Manager Wheel Sport Bikes Spokane, WA

Jennifer Flores New Braunfels, TX

Hands down one of the most efficient, effective and user-friendly Retail POS systems we’ve ever worked with! The LightSpeed team made our switchover to them and setup happen with ease. Their system is cost friendly, reliable and aesthetically pleasing. Training new staff on the system is a breeze. The reporting options are so helpful for close out financials, ordering, staff hours, etc. I can’t speak highly enough about their customer service. It is unlike any support I’ve ever experienced. They not only have the incredible chat feature, but their personable phone support team works with you with such patience and understanding of your issue and walks you through the solution. Then the follow through is unparalleled! I highly recommend LightSpeed to anyone for their POS needs. We have the ipad terminal set up and love it.

Cherye

Griffin Jewelry has been using Lightspeed for 4 1/2 months. This cloud based system has transformed the way we do business. We are able to readily assist customers, maintain accurate records for inventory, and jewelry repairs/work orders. The cloud based system has simplified the way we track sales and profits. Lightspeed offers a large array of reports to monitor all aspects of our business. Lightspeed is compatible with the use of iPad and Google Chrome. The customer service online chat is available to answer any questions regarding the use of the system. I would highly recommend Lightspeed to anyone looking for a point of sale system that is user friendly.

Kaila Seguin

Lightspeeds customer service has been impeccable since day one. You can reach their customer service team at any time of the day, and they always follow up with a ticket to make sure the issue gets resolved. I am so happy I went with a cloud-based POS system for my retail store, and having it integrate with my online store has been a game changer. Lightspeed's inventory management is very detailed, which was an important factor when choosing a POS system because I have over 3000 skus in store. The loyalty program is very customizable and modern, and customers love that they dont have to download an app.

Stephanie Dietelbach Warren, OH

I was referred to Lightspeed by a friend who has used it for her business. We had a home decor and gift shop. Lightspeed was amazing. Their system was robust, but easy to navigate. They were thorough with scheduling one on one calls to get us set up as well as following through to make sure all was going well. Whenever we had an issue, they were easy to reach. Their inventory system was the best. We had vendors as well as our own products and it was simple to categorize them in a way that made reporting individual sales simple. They have just about everything a business could need! Highly recommend!

Gregory Dadd Ruther Glen, VA

I own a pet supply retail store and grooming salon and have been using Lightspeed since 2015. Lightspeed has consistently exceeded my expectations and become an integral part of our operations. The customer service is amazing when we have questions or need guidance on any aspect of the system. The cloud-based retail system gives me visibility of sales, inventory, and reporting anywhere that I have internet access. I love the flexibility of Lightspeed as it offers a multitude of integrations and options for expanding programs to our customers. We use their gift card and customer loyalty integrations every day. Lightspeed Analytics are an add-on to the price of the standard POS but it's worth every penny! It's like having an analyst crunching numbers for you but for a fraction of the price. 100% recommend.

Scott M

We have been using this product for over 10 years. We find it a perfect fit for our retail and service shop. We used OnSite for years, but wanted to have a E-Com Site, so we upgraded to Cloud base. The integration to the new improved Lightspeed was seamless. What blows me out of the water is the customer support with the system. Support from simple chat features to telephone support. Everyone is friendly and knowledgeable. If they dont have a solution for at that moment, they will find it for you. Customer Service is so important and Lightspeed dose not fail in that category. The integration from retail to E-com is amazing to. We love that we can build a website and be fully functional in no time. Would be lost if we didnt have Lightspeed as our POS and E-com application.

Sara Lesieur

One of my favourite things about this system that sets it apart from others I have used is the ability to work remotely. I can log onto this program on my personal computer and stay in touch with my store and do work even when I am not physically there. They offer 24-hour customer assistance and all team members are highly responsive. I have also found that they have a large number of videos that help you learn the software and self-train if any questions come up when trying to navigate the system at first. That being said, the system is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. This is the 3rd POS system I have used and the best one by far! I wish I had made the switch years ago!