Best POS System Logo

Best POS System

8.3

Best POS System, provided by reseller Paysafe (formerly known as iPayment) is a full-service point-of-sale solution that gives you immediate access to more than 200 free and paid apps. Delivered through an integrated platform Paysafe has connected businesses and consumers over 200 pay types in over 40 currencies. Best POS System, provided by the reseller Paysafe, strives to provide businesses and consumers with seamless transactions and processing solutions.

Best POS System is a leading reseller of Clover POS, which is one of the fastest growing suites of point-of-sale business transaction systems to accept cards. There's no early termination fee, pci compliance fee, and is great for payment processing. There are account representatives available as well to assist with customer.

The Good

• Clover POS Suite
  • Offers
  • Customer Engagement Portal
  • Restaurant Point of Sale

Clover POS Suite

The Clover suite, provided by reseller Paysafe, boasts a variety of different options for merchant account clients, namely the Clover Station, which provides businesses with features like scanners, kitchen printers, and more. The full range of Clover Suite products is sure to provide for the needs of any business:

• Clover Station: Clover Station is a full service point-of-sale solution that gives customers immediate access to more than 200 free and paid apps. It provides assistance with everything from scheduling, tracking, and accounting to check acceptance, mobile ordering, and more. Clover Station is preloaded with Register POS software that enables customers to manage inventory, stay on top of orders (modify, combine and exchange), and track item-level profitability. Additionally, it is fully secure and PCI compliant. The Clover Station has a 11.6-inch swivel touch-screen display, a high-resolution camera for QR code and barcode scanning, and four USB ports for peripheral connectivity.

• Clover Mini: Clover Mini is an all-in-one solution that provides businesses with a choice between a free basic payment acceptance solution or a paid upgrade to Register Lite (inventory management, limited access to Clover App Market, and item level taxes) or Register (complete business management solution with enhanced inventory, order management, and full access to the Clover App Market). Clover Mini features an integrated thermal receipt printer, WiFi/3G connectivity, 7-inch touch screen display, barcode scanner/camera, and acceptance of any payment type: swipt, EMV®, or contactless.

• Clover Flex: Clover Flex gives merchants the flexibility to take payments anywhere at any time. Clover Flex also serves as both a countertop and handheld device; it accepts EMV, PIN, contactless, and swipe payments. Additionally, Clover Flex is e-signature capable and has an embedded printer, camera, and QR scanner. It’s also WiFi/3G enabled and is fully integrated with the complete line of Clover devices. Like Clover Mini, customers may choose between different software options.

• Clover Go: A hand-held device that allows a business owner to accept payments in and outside of the business. Run from your own smartphone or tablet, Clover Mobile has many of the same features as Clover Mini and Clover Flex, including software flexibility, a 7-inch touchscreen, and electronic receipts.  The terminal allows payments such as: credit and debit cards, EMV, and contactless payments (Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™ and Android Pay™).

Paysafe's sales team can help customers choose the Clover or traditional payment solution that is right for their business.

Offers

Paysafe offers merchants month-to-month agreements for upfront Clover equipment purchases. However, there are also various Clover-based promotional offers, including discounts on Clover Station and a free Clover Mini. Some offers carry requirements like a 3-year agreement or early termination fees.

Clover POS offers credit card processing, merchant account and customer service for small businesses. In addition to the credit card processing, they also have tiered pricing on their total merchant services, which is beneficial. With no application fee or cancellation fee, it is cost effective. There is a monthly fee. For most payment gateways, there is a termination fee, so this is something to keep in mind.

Customer Engagement Portal

A wonderful form of customer service, the proprietar customer engagement portal, iAccess is available to those who purchase Clover POS through Paysafe free of charge. This service gives businesses 24/7 access to daily, weekly, and monthly sales information, batch information, chargebacks, statements, industry and general business management content, and special promotions. Customers can set up email and/or text alerts through iAccess to notify them about important activities.

Restaurant Point of Sale

One of the great advantages of using Clover POS systems provided by Best POS System is the access that it provides to restaurant point of sale software and hardware. The restaurant point of sale system can service both Quick-service Restaurants and Full-service Restaurants. Specific features for each of these restaurant POS solutions include the following:

• Quick-service Restaurants — To begin, you can connect the front and the back of the house. This means that tableside orders including "extra cheese" or "sauce on the side" will be seen immediately in the kitchen to ensure quality service. This feature also will inevitably boost customer satisfaction and generate greater customer loyalty. Faster ordering is made possible with self-serve kiosks allowing your customer to complete their own transaction while your staff focuses on providing quality service. Each payment can be streamlined as Clover pos terminals accept credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, NFC, and mobile payment from both iOS and Android devices. This feature is even available when the WiFi is down. Restaurant POS systems should include features to help increase customer loyalty which is why Clover software allows you to create customer profiles and send promotions to each customer via test, email, and even on individualized printed receipts. This type of loyalty program is crucial to developing a large pool of frequent customers. This restaurant POS solution also helps restaurant owners to participate in employee management, inventory management, see real-time reporting with real-time data, manage online ordering and takeout and much more all on a cloud-based software. Tailor made accessories made just for restaurants are not common in restaurant POS systems providers, but you are able to have a receipt printer, cash drawer/cash register, or kitchen display custom made just for your business model.
  • Full-Service Restaurants — This restaurant POS solution includes a number of the same features as the quick-service restaurants features with additional exclusive services. This POS solution allows you to customize your floor plans to ensure that every seat is filled during service hours. Tableside payment processing allows guests that may be in a hurry to avoid waiting for a credit card or other form of payment to be processed and a receipt, card, or change returned. As an integrated mobile point-of-sale solution, this software includes a number of mobile apps to ensure that bar tabs, tips, shifts, and even happy hours are well-organized. Clover Dining is a unique software that is compatible with most Clover POS Hardware.

The Bad

Few Pre-Purchase Resources

Though it depends on which reseller the consumer goes to, there is not much helpful blog content on Best POS System provided by reseller Paysafe. Blogs allow potential customers to research extra information about a product or service before purchasing. Without a blog, some merchant account customers may look elsewhere for additional information. Additionally, once a customer buys a Clover POS system from Paysafe, there are some basic functionality features that can only be accessed by purchasing apps, which can become expensive.

The Bottom Line

The Clover Suite includes four different products which adequately cover the basic POS needs of most small- and medium-sized businesses. Though Best POS System provided by Paysafe does not have a blog for curious customers, its robust suite of products and vast app marketplace give customers plenty to work with. If you are thinking about buying a Clover Suite product, consider purchasing through Paysafe. Not only do you get the benefit of having Clover’s app marketplace, but you also get access to Paysafe customer engagement portal.

Be sure to read our Best POS System Reviews as well to see what customers have to say.

*The CLOVER name and logo are trademarks owned by Clover Network, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of First Data Corporation, and registered or used in the U.S. and many foreign countries.

4.0

Puppy Love Pet Spa Santa Rosa, CA

I needed something mobile that I could take to a client's house and pull it out if I needed to. That way I could take everything off my personal cellphone and have it be separate from that. I think it's really awesome. I've gotten so many compliments from my clients and I've told a couple of small businesses about them too. It can read cards, do gift cards, etc. We can even use it for accounting to keep track of cash and checks. Every time I have a question or anything, I can just call them up and they answer immediately and fix my problems. Everything has worked out great. The only problem I ever had with it was when I went to a house and didn't have reception. I had to run the card anyways and the charge came out incorrectly, but eventually I was able to make a call and fix the situation. I think that happened because I'm in California. The network that Clover runs in doesn't get great service out here so I'm usually on the red with it. They should improved that, though I'm not sure how you can go about doing that. I still think it's a great product, I love it.

Bada Bing! Burger Joint Mart, TX

They were one of the services that we found and it has worked pretty good so far. The equipment and software are all up to date and they work. It's also very easy to use them and fairly straightforward. I've had people that don't really use technology that much and it has been super simple to teach them how to use the machine. I do wish they were a bit more clear on the kind of things that it can do. I didn't realize that there was an option to put the brand and logo of the company on the receipt. They also have this little point system that I haven't quite figured out. I just haven't had the time to test it. It would be useful if they had a day of training or something of the sort just so that you could learn to use those things. That would be good.

Matt Galindo

Another company that we're using recommended them to us. We were looking at a couple of options and it mainly came down to the processors and how things actually worked. Setting things up was pretty quick and easy. Everyone seems to be pretty competent. They actually helped us address a problem we were having with one of the features. All I had to do was tap the little icon on the station to contact customer service and I was connected to someone that was able to help me out. They were able to look at the specific model and equipment that we had and provide a solution. I definitely liked that. For the most part the system looks like it's working and it's easy to use. There are a few features that we haven't been able to take advantage of, but we're just getting started with it. Right now we're kind of in a weird position where we have a system that we're transitioning from and we have the full intention of integrating somethings from their system into our business model. Everything is pretty fluid. We've done transaction tests and we also ran a transaction for a customer that came in. It looks like it all went well and it was all very smooth. We were able to pull up the information that we needed and did it all pretty quickly for the customer. Everything seems legit too. They're very transparent about things and everything is pretty clean cut as far as the processing of things. Everything shows up in our bank account within a day or two. We still got one thing we want to order which is the wireless scanner. We were supposed to get it originally since we have a warehouse facility network and that would work well for our inventory. They sent out a scanner, but it seems like it's just a regular checkout scanner, it's not actually wireless so we can't really do what we need to do with that. The thing is that we have both a storefront and an online store, but most of our business goes through the internet. Since most of our products are shipped out on a regular basis, having the ability of managing our warehouse this way would be great. That way if we get an order from eBay or Amazon we can just scan the UPC code on the shelves and build a ticket in real time that way and process the order. The price is not necessarily a harsh payment that's over our heads, we actually have the equipment on a lease for 4 years, it doesn't really affect our bottom line as of right now.

Oc Tanning Ocean City, MD

In all honesty, I went with creditcardprocessing.com and they had you guys as their POS at the time. I was a first time business owner and I was a bit desperate as things were coming together so I just went with it. The system is easy to use. Everything is packaged and organized in different categories, which makes it easier to deal with accounting and bookkeeping. Most of my experiences with them were probably 90% great. I had one girl though that was just real cocky when she was helping me change some of the settings. I mean, she was just doing her job, I get that, but the manner in which she was talking was just very condescending. Other than that, I'd like them to be a bit more clear about some of the charges when you sign a contract with them. They didn't really tell us about two different charges that we got, one was a $199 security charge and the other one was a $100 yearly charge. They should explain that verbally to their customers when you first sign up. That'd make it a lot easier to understand why those charges are being made.

Alex Gonzalez

My brother was the one that recommended to me. I've run into a couple of issues since getting it, but all I've had to do to fix them is call customer support. They solve things right away. They also communicate and follow up with me very well, usually through phone or emails. Clover also just keeps up with technology really well and I think that's great. The device is actually well made, good quality, and it's very easy to use. It has a printer built in and it's a tablet at the same time. It's a nice looking terminal. I don't have any complaints...though it is kind of expensive.

Patrick Mastrorilli

I picked this one because the machine was easy to use. The staff and I just found it very easy to perform the functions that we needed to perform. My only suggestion would be letting people reprogram the terminal for different merchant processes if needed. I'm very happy with Clover though. For $399 a month I think I'm getting a good value out of it.

Jim Idyllwild, CA

Works well and quickly. Easy for my employees to understand. However, the printer prints out too low on the front and curls underneath the Flex making it difficult and unwieldly to tear the receipt off. The Foex easily slips off the charger just far enough to not charge but the user thinks it's still charging. I had to wait a LOOONG time on the phone for assistance.

Keith Post Falls, ID

Very easy to manage,reliable,credit cards go through so good,oh my I just love it... I wish I had the bar scanner I need that for inventory or I want it it'll be so much easier to scan for inventory, I would totally get there machines over anyone out there...

Geno And Hana Wazwaz

I did some research and, as far as I could see, Clover was just perfect for my business. Customer support is very helpful and they seem to know what they're doing. The POS is easy to use, though the scanner on the pad itself is not that great, it's kind of hard to scan bigger items with it. There are a couple of updates that I need for my business, but they've said they're still working on those. So we'll see how that goes.

Smokefx

I heard about them through a friend. Everything has been great so far. We had a bit of an incident once, but they were not really the ones to blame for it, it wasn't their fault. Their customer support is great and so far it has been good for my business.

Hometown Family Restaurant Marinette, WI

I want the speaker that was offered to me, that's why I got it. I have never been able to reach an associate that I can understand. The system is high quality though, I'm very satisfied with it. There are a few glitches I have in mind that I still got to work out, but it's nothing serious. I'm very happy with it.

Emmanuel Ebai

I went with it because they had the lowest rates. Sometimes when I call them it does take me a long time to get to the right person. That's frustrating. Typically, the equipment and software just work, but sometimes it freezes on me. When that happens I have to reboot the whole equipment and that takes a really long time, which is worst if I'm dealing with a customer. It gets worst if it needs to update. Besides solving that, I'd like them to sell an offline printer that is compatible with the device and also offer some sort of protective case. That way if I accidentally drop the thing it won't break.

Roy Hernandez

Clover was recommended by our payment services, so I signed up. Everything is very easy to navigate and very user friendly. I like the design of their pen pad, everything is very easy to read and the process is very straightforward. All you have to do is tap on it and it takes you through every step.

Paul Meola

We were hoping to get something that we could use to check on our restaurant while we were off site. We've had several different customer service experiences. It all depends on who you're talking to, some of their people are very knowledgeable. As for the software, we don't really like the fact that you can't assign tips to a specific waitress when they give good service. All the tips get lumped together. It would be great if the waitress that took the order could be the same waitress that gets the tip. Still, based on the price that we pay for it, I'd say they have a good value.

Anonymous Half Moon Bay, CA

Right now I'm not a super fan of Clover to be honest. I got it because I wanted to be able to print store credits and gift cards and they offered something that could do that. So far though I've realized that they will charge you extra for any app that might be useful. I also had lot of trouble understanding the support person that I talked to when I called. They should make sure that their people in customer support can speak clear English.

Thomas Hillman

I liked the looks of it actually, it seemed easy to use. It has made my job a lot easier and my business works better with it. Every time I call them, they answer any questions that I have right away.

Deadhead Archery Queen City, TX

I have a new business and since it was recommended to me I gave it a try. Customer support has always answered all my questions and it's easy to use the software. I really like that.

Kevin'S Garage Montandon, PA

We really needed to be able to read checks, so we got it for that. Everything has been great, the system is very easy to use. I've had a little trouble getting a hold of someone when I had some questions. But that only happened once in the past.

Faisal Ahmed

I got it since it was an easy software, very useful, and it has a lot of applications for my business. Whenever I have a question and call them, they answer me and call me back. The equipment is good for its purpose.

Kelly Vanderwende

I turned to Clover because of the pricing they had. For retail businesses, it works well. But when I compared them to other POS systems in terms of features for restaurants, Clover just didn't meet the needs that I had. Besides, all the apps cost extra. They should have more apps geared towards restaurants and small take out establishments. Customer support is friendly and knowledgeable though. They answered my questions quickly.

The Place Canute, OK

It's worth the money for all the things they do. Customer support always helps me through any problems. The software hasn't failed me at work. It's handy and it does a lot of things for me.

I just researched online, found them, and signed up. They are very friendly and responsive. I like their product, it offers me good value and I've had a positive experience so far.

Intervon Shipping And Moving Universal Hyattsville, MD

We were having some trouble with the company that we used before and when we found Clover we decided to try it. The equipment works the way it's supposed to. The only problem I ever ran into happened last year. At some point we ran over the limit that they had given us and they ended up holding onto some of our funds for quite a long time. What they should do to improve on that kind of situation would be to just, you know, just hold on to the funds in question rather than holding everything. If I went over by $200 they should just hold on to those $200.

Can Style Largo, FL

The service is very easy to use and they're very professional. I've never had an issue with the software, everything is easy to use, it's always super fast, and I can take it with me anywhere I go.

Douglas Molina

Since other businesses were using it and it's very convenient, we decided to get it. There have been times when I've asked questions but they never got back to me with the answers on time. They should have a better explanation of the system itself and how to use it up on their website. Right now I'm desperate since I'm still missing the box.

Steven Price

I liked it because the credit card reader gives out paper receipts, but I've run into problems with the machine a lot. I've had occasions when I'm at the farmer's market and the person in the stand next to me will have the same type of clover machine I do, the clover flex. Then all of a sudden I'll lose internet and phone service, but they would still have connection! When that happens I have to go and reboot the machine at very inopportune times. If something is wrong with my machine, they should just replace it. Instead I have to call and speak to 67 different people to see if they can help me fix the problem.

Chaps And Bags Llc Edgewater, FL

Since it was affordable, I got it. I haven't had to call customer support, but that's just because I haven't had any problems. The equipment is just really easy to use.

Crazy 8'S Package Store Winfield, TX

I got it because I needed to do gift cards and it lets me do just that. Sometimes it's hard to get a hold of customer service. I've had problems with the software where it locks up and I have to restart it and redo things. They should make it so you don't have to restart it all the time. That and fix their software issues.

Barking Boutique Pet Salon Waterloo, IL

The initial contact was great but once I signed on the dotted line, service went south. I'm not sure what is going on and I understand that sometimes things happen. But I can't seem to get the answers I need and I will not be using any equipment until I am certain that what was agreed upon originaly is what is really what I'm getting.

mari Emory, TX

The clover station is a really good POS. It very simple for small business. There are aps you can download to help you manage your employees.

Awesome! NA

Clover is very user friendly. The devive is a mini computer that fulfil all business need. I have a mini clover very fle

Blue Water Garden Center Detroit, MI

Small easy convient. Does inventory tracking also, but Customer service is the worst! Once they get you to buy it, trying to get a response from them is impossible!!

Ultimate Fitness Magnolia, AR

We have had a great experience with Clover. The terminal is very user friendly and efficient and the customer support is fantastic.

Fachanda Tucker

I haven't used it quite yet, I just got it. We've been trying to get into it, but I think they've done a good job overall.

Surtidora del hogar, Colorado Springs, CO

Easy of use complete with applications easy setup with technical support a phone call away even comes with a button to call

Joy Barr

It all works really well. Customer support is fast and they give good information. The system is easy to use and navigate.

Scott Gage

Since it had the best reviews, I got it. There have been some questions that they just couldn't answer right away. The system is easy to use and operate.

Sun & Moon Beauty Spa Columbus, OH

The reason I went with them was because they were cheaper than the other software I compared it to. It's hard to get a hold of a person from their customer support. I usually have to figure it all out by myself whenever I have a question. I wish there was a phone from which I could contact them more easily.

Elk Grove Elks Sacramento, CA

Clover has a great reputation, but I have not had the pleasure of using it yet. My vendor shipped the wrong model, and I waiting for them to replace it.

Eye For Beauty Day Spa Merrillville, IN

Easy to use and great customer support . Looks more professional than square. I like giving a paper receipt.

Eye For Beauty Day Spa Merrillville, IN

Davis Designs Hamilton, IN

I have still not gotten my clover it's been 3 months since I was told it was sent out then a month later after calling a hundred times I was told I gotta pay 75 to get it shipped out then the sales man said he was gonna try to wave fee and get back to me that was 2 months ago lol

Anonymous Bay City, MI

It works well, easy to learn, and has an assortment of apps to choose from to personalize the experience to my shop

Rachel Tucker Sweet Water, AL

I was told that it would met all my needs as a Point of Sales System. #1 It doesn't offer invoices, which I was told it would have. #2 It doesn't work for Sales & Service Small Repair Shop at all. It is designed for restruants.

a small business owner Agency, MO

it lacks some features that are needed for my business to run smoothly and it lacks the ability to connect to quickbooks as I was told it would

Escape This Live, Frederick Arlington, VA

It works fine for what we need it and has given us no problems. There are a lot of free apps to use.

Josh'S Farmers Market Mooresville, NC

The system is very well organized and it's very easy to use. They also always have someone available from customer support if you need them.

Peter Wilson

They offered us what we needed for our restaurant. The software works well, we haven't had any issues.

Best device and service a round! Katy, TX

This is the most simple user-friendly device I have ever you and so professional looking

Miranda Simmons 59840

Customer service didn't make me aware of all the steps necessary to get it set up, so unfortunately i was unable to use the device at my sale.