Apria Healthcare Group offers solutions for home enteral nutrition, sleep apnea, wound care, non-invasive ventilation, pharmaceutical needs, and respiratory therapies. Apria operates more than 400 retail home medical store locations nationwide and serves more than 1.8 million patients yearly.

The online store, ApriaDirect, sells discounted oxygen tubing, batteries, and backpacks to patients with an Inogen portable oxygen concentrator.

Read customer Apria Healthcare Reviews

Inogen chevron_right
Caire Medical chevron_right

The Good

• Patient Education
  • Discounted Accessories
  • Returns Accepted
  • Accepts FSA/HSA Cards
  • Other Respiratory Services and Supplies

Patient Education

As a healthcare organization, Apria offers not just equipment but also caring support from staff. When delivering equipment, specialists talk to patients and caregivers and evaluate the home environment. Patients requiring oxygen therapy can receive one-on-one education from a licensed Respiratory Therapist via Apria. Apria Healthcare's customer service and supplementary resources give the impression that Apria is involved in their customers' well-being.

Discounted Accessories

ApriaDirect currently sells the following highly-discounted accessories for Inogen’s G3 and G4 portable oxygen concentrators:

• Single battery
  • Backpacks
  • Hip bags
  • Carry straps and bags

Return Policy

Apria products can be returned within 30 days of ship date for a full refund less shipping costs. However, products must be in the original packaging, unopened, and unused to be refunded. Medical devices are considered opened if removed from product packaging.

Accepts FSA/HSA Cards

Customers can use their Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts to purchase Apria Health's medical devices. Purchasers must ensure their order contains eligible equipment.

Other Respiratory Services and Supplies

Patients with sleep apnea can also purchase their own devices through ApriaDirect. Products include both in-home and travel oxygen therapy.

ApriaDirect also offers a wide range of supplies for home medical care:

• Wheelchair accessories
  • Gloves
  • Briefs
  • Grab bars
  • Etc.

The Bad

• Only One POC Available
  • ApriaDirect Does Not Accept Insurance

Only One POC Available

ApriaDirect only has one portable oxygen concentrator available onsite: the Inogen One G4. While the Inogen One G4 is a quality POC, patients might want to browse a larger selection of concentrators before choosing. Here are some features of the Inogen One G4 portable oxygen concentrator:

• 3-year warranty
  • 2.8 lbs
  • 1–3 flow settings
  • 2.7 hour battery life on single battery
  • FAA compatible

ApriaDirect Does Not Accept Insurance

While ApriaDirect does accept FSA and HSA cards, the supplier does not process health insurance claims. This does not mean the equipment available on ApriaDirect isn't covered by insurance, but it means a customer will have to manually work through their insurance company to see if their purchase will be deductible.

The Bottom Line

While their selection does include many respiratory aids and durable medical equipment, Apria is unique in that it does not currently carry a selection of portable oxygen concentrators. However, the ApriaDirect inventory is equipped with every accessory imaginable for the Inogen brand portable oxygen concentrators and most of these items are highly discounted. Customers who use an Inogen oxygen concentrator will definitely want to check out ApriaDirect.

1.0

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
Winfield Pate
October 8th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

I prefer to pay my bills online; however Apria has a very primitive online system which can't seem to account for payments that were made by mail. Also, I neither understand nor do I trust their customer representative who calls my home to report that my payment is late. I have complained to my health insurance company and they have worked with Apria. They require a 4-hour window for maintenance checks; and I have been stood up at least twice. I recall visiting one of their local offices; and I was appalled at their condescending attitude towards the customers. I will not tolerate such behavior; and I will not have my time wasted!

Nancy S
October 1st, 2019 Cortland, NY DETAILS

I have been with Apria for over 10 years and used to love dealing with them. Within the last year, the company outsourced their billing and customer service to the Philippines. Since that time, the robocalls have been nonstop. As soon as I blocked one number, they start calling with another number. I placed an order in February and then again in August. I have excellent insurance and I was told what my co-pay would be while on the phone ordering supplies. I gave them my FSA debit card to pay for those co-pays knowing exactly what amount was being charged. To my surprise, I was charged $130.00 more than I was told. When I called, I could barely understand the person on the phone. Finally, I understood that my insurance company denied my claim. So, I called my insurance company only to find out that Apria never even put the claim through to my insurance. My insurance company put me on hold and contacted Apria. They told Apria to submit the claim as it was never billed through my insurance. They too struggled to communicate with the person on the phone. Finally the Apria representative said they would submit it. Well, it has been three weeks since that call with no word on the claim. So, I again called my insurance company and they contacted Apria again and put me on hold. After holding for 35 minutes, my insurance company got back on the line with me and said that the Apria representative states they didn't charge my flex card. So, I called my FSA company to verify that the charge was from Apria and it was definitely charged by Apria. To say that I am livid is an understatement. I have had to spend my time and energy to rectify what some person in the Philippines messed up. After reading other reviews on Apria Heathcare, I'm not alone in my anger and frustration! I even wrote an email to the president of Apria with no response. I'm submitting this review so others can avoid the headaches that I and others are enduring.