Apria Healthcare Logo

Apria Healthcare

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: November 12th, 2021

Apria Healthcare Group offers solutions for home enteral nutrition, sleep apnea, wound care, non-invasive ventilation, pharmaceutical needs, and respiratory therapies. Apria operates more than 400 retail home medical store locations nationwide and serves more than 1.8 million patients yearly.

The online store, ApriaDirect, sells discounted oxygen tubing, batteries, and backpacks to patients with an Inogen portable oxygen concentrator.

Read customer Apria Healthcare Reviews

Inogen Logo
Inogen chevron_right
Caire Medical Logo
Caire Medical chevron_right
DeVilbiss Healthcare Logo
DeVilbiss Healthcare chevron_right
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Patient Education
  • Discounted Accessories
  • Returns Accepted
  • Accepts FSA/HSA Cards
  • Other Respiratory Services and Supplies

Patient Education

As a healthcare organization, Apria offers not just equipment but also caring support from staff. When delivering equipment, specialists talk to patients and caregivers and evaluate the home environment. Patients requiring oxygen therapy can receive one-on-one education from a licensed Respiratory Therapist via Apria. Apria Healthcare's customer service and supplementary resources give the impression that Apria is involved in their customers' well-being.

Discounted Accessories

ApriaDirect currently sells the following highly-discounted accessories for Inogen’s G3 and G4 portable oxygen concentrators:

• Single battery
  • Backpacks
  • Hip bags
  • Carry straps and bags

Return Policy

Apria products can be returned within 30 days of ship date for a full refund less shipping costs. However, products must be in the original packaging, unopened, and unused to be refunded. Medical devices are considered opened if removed from product packaging.

Accepts FSA/HSA Cards

Customers can use their Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts to purchase Apria Health's medical devices. Purchasers must ensure their order contains eligible equipment.

Other Respiratory Services and Supplies

Patients with sleep apnea can also purchase their own devices through ApriaDirect. Products include both in-home and travel oxygen therapy.

ApriaDirect also offers a wide range of supplies for home medical care:

• Wheelchair accessories
  • Gloves
  • Briefs
  • Grab bars
  • Etc.

The Bad

• Only One POC Available
  • ApriaDirect Does Not Accept Insurance

Only One POC Available

ApriaDirect only has one portable oxygen concentrator available onsite: the Inogen One G4. While the Inogen One G4 is a quality POC, patients might want to browse a larger selection of concentrators before choosing. Here are some features of the Inogen One G4 portable oxygen concentrator:

• 3-year warranty
  • 2.8 lbs
  • 1–3 flow settings
  • 2.7 hour battery life on single battery
  • FAA compatible

ApriaDirect Does Not Accept Insurance

While ApriaDirect does accept FSA and HSA cards, the supplier does not process health insurance claims. This does not mean the equipment available on ApriaDirect isn't covered by insurance, but it means a customer will have to manually work through their insurance company to see if their purchase will be deductible.

The Bottom Line

While their selection does include many respiratory aids and durable medical equipment, Apria is unique in that it does not currently carry a selection of portable oxygen concentrators. However, the ApriaDirect inventory is equipped with every accessory imaginable for the Inogen brand portable oxygen concentrators and most of these items are highly discounted. Customers who use an Inogen oxygen concentrator will definitely want to check out ApriaDirect.

Evissam Erie, PA

My husband had COPD and had leased oxygen equipment and tanks from Apria Healthcare. He passed in April of this year at 79, and my I paid two final bills. The last because they claimed they were never paid. In October Apria Healthcare sent my a check in my husband's name in the amount of $26.40, knowing he was deceased, because I had in fact overpaid. I called them to have them send a check in my name because I was unable to do anything with a check in his. They said the needed a copy of the death certificate emailed to [email protected], and said to reference the check #, state my relationship to the deceased and provide my mailing address. My son did this for my because I is technologically illiterate. After a couple weeks, when I never received the check, I called and got the run around. They claimed they never received the email. My son owned a small website development and hosting company for 18 years. He said when you send an email to an email address that does not exist, the mail server bounces the email back to you. This is how we know it was received. Whomever I talked to said that they didn't have to send my a check because the account was not in my name. I went to the local Apria Healthcare office and got the same treatment. I filed a BBB complaint and their response was I refused to send the copy of the death certificate, which is a lie. They received the email with the attached death certificate, they just want to keep $26.40 from the widow of a former customer. It's sick! IMO, people need to be think carefully about dealing with Apria Healthcare. They love to game play. Consumer, Beware.

Will B New York, NY

I like the machine that I received This time it's much smaller and more convenient . I wish that the Emergency tank was smaller because it's to big and bulky.

Lesly J La Trinidad, BEN

Aaron went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer experience and to ensure that I got everything that I needed as a patient. I truly appreciated everything that he did to make sure I got the equipment that was needed for my condition. He should be recognized for his commitment to customer satisfaction and care.

Larry T New York, NY

A wonderful experience, albeit a little frustrating dealing with out of state hospitals. The local sales and technical stall were outstanding. Helpful and courteous and willing to go the extra distance for me. I appreciate their help and support and look forward to working with them in the future. A special shout out to Melissa M. of APRIA health care for her patience, persistence and professionalism. Without her assistance I would have given up on placing this order.

Tom S La Trinidad, BEN

Very reassuring that I can always count on Apria representatives professionalism and care when ordering and reviewing my equipment . At 71 I will Very satisfied with the attention to detail and professionalism relating to my equipment and healthcare needs with Apria. Looking forward to a long and positive relationship in the months and years ahead.

Tim J Los Angeles, CA

The receptionists who answered my questions on the phone were well informed and more helpful than any of my other contacts with Apria.

Vicky T Baguio City, BEN

Abbie was the person that explained everything about the BIPAP machine to me and it was very easy to follow. I would recommend Apria Healthcare to everyone. Thank you so much for helping me sleep better.

Billy A New York, NY

Your customer service representative help me to purchase the order and I received fast ..thank you and appreciate all your help

Tony C Phoenix, AZ

Account set up at clinic, ordering and billing set up, easy from there. Particularly like the emails when it is time to place another order on your website..

Baron K La Trinidad, BEN

A bit confusing and some missed voicemails, but I think this was just due to Covid. Employees I talked to mentioned they were working from home and trying their best. All employees were super helpful and courteous

Elly C Baguio City, BEN

I already had a CPAP so I did not need someone to come to my house. It was all set up and ready for me to go. However, a rep did call to make sure I did not need help. Very pleasant to talk to.

Vincent E New York, NY

1st time having to utilize your services and it was an easy transition.

Cathy H

After a simple logistical misunderstanding, it was expeditiously resolved the very next morning. Very commendable.

Tyler M Baguio City, BEN

Abe was nothing short of miraculous in handling our complicated and dire situation. You're extremely lucky to have him! OUR HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!!!

Paola C Baguio City, BEN

This far my CPAP treatment is running smoothly thanks to Apria. Thanks to my treatment, I am experiencing the best sleep I’ve had in years

Robert Jackson Baguio City, BEN

A walker was delivered to my home the same time I got a walker upon my hospital discharge. Thanks for picking up this other walker today you had delivered.

tarao9463138 La Trinidad, BEN

Apria employee did not visit us but rather we make contact over the phone as we needed replacement parts - Fran N. was VERY knowledgeable, courteous and helpful!!!

Alex P New York, NY

I was very satisfied with the employee who delivered my Apria machine. I am also very satisfied with the company and their excellent service.

Cid M Dallas, TX

great people, exceeded all my expectations. information I received has helped me a lot. Can't THANK the staff enough.

Winfield Pate Colorado Springs, CO

I prefer to pay my bills online; however Apria has a very primitive online system which can't seem to account for payments that were made by mail. Also, I neither understand nor do I trust their customer representative who calls my home to report that my payment is late. I have complained to my health insurance company and they have worked with Apria. They require a 4-hour window for maintenance checks; and I have been stood up at least twice. I recall visiting one of their local offices; and I was appalled at their condescending attitude towards the customers. I will not tolerate such behavior; and I will not have my time wasted!

Nancy S Cortland, NY

I have been with Apria for over 10 years and used to love dealing with them. Within the last year, the company outsourced their billing and customer service to the Philippines. Since that time, the robocalls have been nonstop. As soon as I blocked one number, they start calling with another number. I placed an order in February and then again in August. I have excellent insurance and I was told what my co-pay would be while on the phone ordering supplies. I gave them my FSA debit card to pay for those co-pays knowing exactly what amount was being charged. To my surprise, I was charged $130.00 more than I was told. When I called, I could barely understand the person on the phone. Finally, I understood that my insurance company denied my claim. So, I called my insurance company only to find out that Apria never even put the claim through to my insurance. My insurance company put me on hold and contacted Apria. They told Apria to submit the claim as it was never billed through my insurance. They too struggled to communicate with the person on the phone. Finally the Apria representative said they would submit it. Well, it has been three weeks since that call with no word on the claim. So, I again called my insurance company and they contacted Apria again and put me on hold. After holding for 35 minutes, my insurance company got back on the line with me and said that the Apria representative states they didn't charge my flex card. So, I called my FSA company to verify that the charge was from Apria and it was definitely charged by Apria. To say that I am livid is an understatement. I have had to spend my time and energy to rectify what some person in the Philippines messed up. After reading other reviews on Apria Heathcare, I'm not alone in my anger and frustration! I even wrote an email to the president of Apria with no response. I'm submitting this review so others can avoid the headaches that I and others are enduring.

Bianca E Baguio City, BEN

About ! Third time using service...Very good and quick.. Start was exceptional and very courteous. Thanks