Photobucket is a photo sharing site that was founded in 2003 and is based in Denver, CO. Photobucket hosts more than 100 billion images from 100 million registered members.

#1 CanvasPeople chevron_right
#2 Google Photos chevron_right
4.8
#3 Instagram chevron_right

The Good

• Free Account
  • Mobile App Available
  • Create Merchandise

Photobucket offers a free account that allows you to store 2 GB worth of photos, videos and GIFs. You can choose to integrate your social media accounts with your Photobucket account for easy sharing to Facebook, Twitter, blogs and more. If you need more storage space, you can opt for one of several PLUS plans, which are priced at $5.00-$33.33 per month. You can upload photos and videos in three ways:

• Photobucket Mobile App
  • Text Message

Photobucket's photo editor will give you the option to make minor changes to your pictures, such as resizing, cropping or enhancing the brightness, contrast or color tones. You can also add stickers and filter effects. You'll have the option to use your photos (or other public photos featured on Photobucket) to create gift items such as prints, mouse pads, phone cases and canvas or metal wall art. Products are often on sale or offered for promotional prices. Photobucket also offers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: if you're unhappy with your order for any reason, you can contact Photobucket to have the product replaced at no cost to you. You retain all rights and ownership to any content you submit, upload or display while using Photobucket. If you choose to mark any photos and videos as "public" on Photobucket, they are considered public information and may be copied or further distributed by others in accordance with Photobucket's Terms of Use. If geotags are included with your photos or videos, those will be viewable, too, but PhotoBucket does offers the ability to disable this information in the Account Settings section. Any photos or videos that you upload as "private" will not show up in public search results, however you can give close friends and family members access to private content by giving them passwords that will allow them to view your private albums. Photobucket has a Help page where you can find information about Privacy and Account Settings, Payments, Mobile, General Knowledge and Troubleshooting, Uploads and Downloads, Organizing and Editing, Hashtags and Stories, and Sharing and Linking. Photobucket does not offer the option to call or live chat through the site, however you can email technical support if you upgrade to one of the PLUS plans.

The Bad

• Limited Features
  • No Tutorials

Photobucket doesn't offer any additional features for professional or aspiring photographers: there are no advanced editing features, no option to receive user feedback or leave comments, and no option to get paid if another user prints one of your public photos. You also won't be able to watermark your images through Photobucket - if you want to watermark your photos and videos, you'll have to do so before uploading them to Photobucket. This means that Photobucket may be best for families or friends simply looking for a convenient place to store, edit and share photos. Photobucket does not offer any tutorials for uploading or editing photos or videos, however the features are intuitive and user-friendly, so you should be able to catch on with minimal experience.

The Bottom Line

Photobucket offers several ways to upload and share photos, as well as use them to create gifts for friends and family. Although it doesn't include higher-level features for professional photographers, it does have plans to suit varying budgets and storage needs for the amateur shutterbug.

1.9
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Natalia Correa MDTribe

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Photobucket was super helpful to keep a hold of my pictures. I highly recommend it if you're a photo junkie!

Steve Baslow

January 19th, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company stinks to high heaven. I have 1000's of pictures stored on it for almost 2 decades and you're telling me to make a copy of 1 picture at a time to make albums to give to my 4 kids for a copy of them growing up after their mother just died of breast cancer. This is bad. I find it disgusting that I trusted you to protect and make my copyright not available to me in a bulk download. I am contacting a copyright attorney and finding out how this is possible. When I originally signed up for your service I was able to bulk load any amount of pictures by just tagging them and do a backup to my computer for any reason. Your telling me that is is okay for you to hold me hostage to this outrageous reason you can't figure it out how to do that in a world of technology. Bull crap!!

Pissed

July 18th, 2019 West Greenwich, RI

They suddenly changed their free account space. Now I'm suddenly 300% over my limit. After deleting some photos I'm still 200% over. Their help section is useless. It tells you how to download a complete album. ONE Big problem. They've taken that option away and now I can only download 1 photo at a time. Seriously I have over 1000. What they are doing is extortion. I will gradely loose all my photos if this means Photobucket goes bankrupt over this mafia style move.

Richard Ostroski

March 15th, 2019 Newark, NJ

Photobucket gave me an extra 2 5gb for signing up from a family members link. Now they are holding my pictures hostage saying I used more memory that allowed. I'll stick with my Onedrive account.

Paige

January 6th, 2019 Bridgeport, CT

I started using Photobucket 12 years ago to store all of my photos. While I switched to a different free service about 6 years ago, I still kept my Photobucket account, as I have thousands of photos from when I was in high school, which hold a lot of sentimental value, and did not want to go through the hassle of downloading all of my files and reuploading to another serivce. Within the past several years, I noticed that it became increasingly more difficult as they began displaying more invasive ads, such as ones that would force redirect to scam pages on mobile, either claiming you won a free gift card or had a virus. This made me want to transfer my photos to a different platform, but the ad bombardment made it nearly impossible, so I let it be. However, now I am left with no choice. I received an email from Photobucket in December 2018 informing me that they are now reducing the amount of storage allowed for free accounts, and if free accounts do not fit into this new limit or pay for more storage, they will start downsizing those accounts automatically by 1/15/2019 so that they do fit within the new storage limit. So, even though Photobucket has not improved it's service within the past 12 years, and in fact made it worse, I have to either give them money they have not earned, allow them to dispose of my precious memories, or spend hours navigating through ads and frozen browser tabs to collect my files and reupload them to a decent service. Photobucket simply wants to gouge it's loyal users for money while not putting any work into their service to earn the money they are now demanding.

Eric

November 20th, 2018 San Diego, CA

Photobucket is great for storing photos if you want o use an alternative to the cloud. It has an easy to use interface that someone with even a limited understanding of the internet should be able to use.

Sara Jane

July 18th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used photobucket as a photo host back at the dawn of the social internet. It did it's job. But I don't think it kept up with the tech. I have since moved to other hosts but still have my original PB account.

James Billington

February 16th, 2018 Round Rock, TX

Photobucket used to be a place where old MySpace people could go to host their photos and in order to use HTML to link their backgrounds and such to it. More than just MySpace though! They were a great free site to host photos for personal websites and similar. Now they took an upgrade ad and put it in place of all my photos that tells me that I need to pay nearly $400.00/year to use their services any longer. I pay less than that for Netflix and Hulu each year and they give me unlimited access to videos. Not to mention... why wouldn't you use Google Pics (Right Click - Copy Link Location) to embed it with HTML code yourself? I mean most people can just look up how and do it in 5 minutes. So all my photos are inaccessible after a decade and a half of loyalty to them for photo hosting.

Patrick

December 15th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Photobucket is a great platform to save and organize your photos. You get a great amount of storage space for free. I would really recommend it.

Dani Lane

August 22nd, 2017 Wyoming, MI

I really try to be a positive person, but occasionally you have to post something negative to help your fellow man. Here it is: Photobucket stinks! We had a Photobucket account for years. Not too long ago, they restricted their free accounts from linking to third parties. For example you couldn't put a link to a photo in a forum, blog or Facebook unless you upgraded to a paid account. And not just any paid account, you had to upgrade to a $400/year account. Plus, for a couple of years, We couldn't post a link to a slideshow that would exceed 48 photos. Now, I am more than willing to pay for a service that I like and that does what I want. But I went to his account and you could barely navigate through the ads. It was horrible. I tried every browser available and tried from multiple computers. I had to decide whether to pay for Photobucket, but I wasn't impressed. So I tried to download an album of photos. Couldn't do it. I tried to download a single photo and was successful but it took about 5 minutes of clicking through ads and waiting for long running scripts to end. I emailed them and they responded that the download album feature was not working, that they were aware of it. No indication of when it would be fixed. They suggested that I download photos one at a time. So to get rid of the ads, I paid them $60 for a year's worth of ad-free access. It helped. I still couldn't download an album, but I could download photos one by one. And that's what I did. Thousands of photos, one by one. Took me about 10 days with about 4 clicks per photo. Afterward, I contacted Photobucket to cancel the account and to please refund a prorated portion of my annual fee. Well, they can't do that. That annual fee was non-refundable, even though the site wasn't working (no album downloads and no ETA for fixing that.) I knew there weren't any refunds but thought that I'd appeal to their decency since I only used it for 10 days. They couldn't cancel the account either unless I first ended my subscription to the ad-free version. Um, what part of cancel my account did they not understand? And they kindly informed me that they would cancel my automatic payment, which means that they were going to bill me every year for their sucky site that won't let us link photos to other sites or complete a slide show or even download an album. So we, in effect, paid a ransom for our photos. I have Amazon Prime so I'm going to look at that for storing photos, and we have our phone photos going up to Google. But there's my sad tale on Photobucket. Lesson learned was that you should always keep your photos in more than one place. Well, that and Photobucket stinks!

Lincoln Kroll

August 18th, 2017

I have been storing my Family photos on Photobucket for many years, and now want to download them to my compurter, only to find out this is only possible one photo at a time, and at a reduced resolution. I have been paying for the "pro" account, but there is nothing "pro" about Photobucket. A scam, and a heartbreak.

Barbara Fox

July 29th, 2017 Apple Valley, CA

I've had a image hosting Photobucket account since 2003. I never used it for profit. Now they tell me that I have to pay $400 a year for what used to be free. That's their right, I guess. But they say I won't lose the ability to retrieve my images (cartoons I drew.) BUT when I try to look at them (to decide which ones to keep), on some, I can only get a thumbnail. When I click on the image, it doesn't show me the image, just a big "upgrade now" grey rectangle. So they lied (again.) I can't retrieve all my images.

BOb

July 24th, 2017 Littleton, CO

Just tried to log back in to my account to delete because I really don't need it that much after they jacked the prices for 3rd party hosting and it couldn't have been much worse of an experience. I tried 2 different browsers and unfortunately I had to turn off all the adblockers, script blockers, etc. to use the PB site which is just a horrific experience and exactly why I have various blockers in the first place. The account side pages all have broken formatting, the page response was shockingly slow for a modern website but the worst abuse was literally having ads on top of ads plus autoplay audio files that you can't stop. Using this site is like a bad dream of godawful code from the 90's from 12 year old that learned how to write html and javascript to make scrolling banners. Do yourself a favor and find a different site because these clearly do not value the customers they have left.

Robert Chesley

July 9th, 2017 Orem, UT

..all I well until they freeze my photos an say $400 if you want them back..

Ken Fisher

July 4th, 2017

Introduced extortionate forced payment plan that essential kills every 3rd party image hosted. Unjustified, sneaky and undoubtedly the death of Photobucket.

d680ae

June 29th, 2017

Recent (yesterday's) update of terms of use has made PB useless for linking and 3rd party hosting, unless you are happy to feed them annually with 400 $.

John Hoy

November 2nd, 2016 York Haven, PA

I have used photobucket for a number of years. In the beginning I thought they had the best features of all the sites I tried, and I tried as many as I could. However After several changes that they made I started having difficulty uploading my photos, and the site became less responsive and more difficult to use with change they made. By the time I left it would drop 1/3 of a group of pictures that I tried to upload and then there was the laborious task of determining which ones did not upload, hampered by slow response time from the site and sometimes not being able to access the site at all sometimes for days. Every time I had new photos to upload I would dread the thought of all the time I would have to invest to get a simple task like that done. So I left.

Rishi G

April 16th, 2016 Indianapolis, IN

Where there are so many online photo printing options, the only reason I decided to try PhotoBucket was that I had some coupons that allowed me to spend very little. The reason I will not use them, other than the print quality, is that there is no reason to get hold of anyone at PhotoBucket. Even the web links on their own site do not work. Very disappointed.

Debi Lundgren

April 28th, 2015 Bismarck, ND

I have been a memeber of PB for several years..they stink!! everytime you get used to a feature they come along and change it and actually make it worse. I am thinking this recent change is horribel and I am looking for somewhere else that is STABLE!

Elissa

December 21st, 2014 North Las Vegas, NV

SUPER IMPRESSED WITH CANVAS PRINTS!!!! I just orderd 8 canvases from Photobucket and I was SUPER impressed with the quality! Colors came out exact, they were very tightly bound, and even had a hard backing with hooks already attached so you can hang it either portrait or landscape! OH and they were a good inch thick, not the typical 1/2 inch like most companies. Last year I ordered a canvas from Easy Canvas and it was loosely wrapped, didnt have a backing and the frame was a bit crooked.. so I was extremely happy with these!