Facebook Logo

6.5

LAST UPDATED: May 19th, 2021
Facebook is a social media site that was started in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook is mainly used for social networking; however, they have recently added quite a few photo sharing and storage features which makes Facebook a popular option for photo storage since they already have over 1.44 billion active users. Facebook's mission is to "give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected." On Facebook, users can create a personal profile where they can share photos with their different social circles. The privacy on each post can be adjusted so the each user has control over who can see their posts. In each Facebook post you can add a picture, video, GIF, or comment and tag your friends.

CanvasPeople Logo
#1 CanvasPeople chevron_right
Google Photos Logo
#2 Google Photos chevron_right
Instagram Logo
#3 Instagram chevron_right

The Good

• Free account
  • 2GB of storage
  • Popular site
Since Facebook has over a billion users, most people want to use their image storing features simply because it is extremely convenient for them. If you already have a Facebook account, you can activate photo syncing from your smart phone, and Facebook will automatically sync all of the photos you take on your phone to a private Facebook photo album. This syncing is done only when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, so it does not use up your data plan and also gives you the option to share your photos faster since they have already been uploaded to your Facebook account. Here are a few other features that Facebook photo sharing offers:
  • Free use when you sign up for a Facebook profile
  • Up to 2GB of automatically synced storage
  • Up to 1,000 photos in every photo album
  • Each file size can be up to 25 MB
  • Ability to comment on friends photos
  • Ability to tag friends in your photos
  • Adjustable privacy settings
  • Some editing abilities
  • Mobile app available
  • Post directly from privately synced photos
  • Can post videos, photos, and GIFs
  • Facebook requires a true identity check
  • Ability to comment with photos
The sheer popularity of Facebook makes it a convenient and easy option for basic photo storage. Even though the storage is limited to 2GB for privately synced storage, Facebook has not set a limit on pictures that are posted publicly to your profile. Facebook is a great way to use picture storage, especially if your main focus is social sharing.

The Bad

• Strict policies
  • Limited storage
  • No merchandise
Facebook is an excellent site for social photo sharing. However, for professional photographers or people who need more storage, Facebook might not be the best option. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
  • Facebook has strict policies and procedures
  • Limited storage space
  • Limited resolution
  • Limited editing options
  • No merchandise
Facebook is not focused on simply photo sharing and storage. It is mainly a social media site where people share webpages, blogs, videos, and comments. The photo quality of Facebook is good for on screen image viewing but any images that are downloaded from Facebook will be lower quality. Facebook is definitely a social option and would not be suited for a professional photographer that is concerned with high quality photos. Also, professional photographers might be wary of Facebook since their website does not offer download protection.

The Bottom Line

We recommend Facebook as a great option for Facebook users to conveniently store more photos online. Facebook photo syncing is also good for avid social media users since it allows you to directly post photos to your timeline without uploading. Facebook might not be the best option for professionals, but the average user would benefit from Facebook's photo sharing options.

4.1

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I really enjoy the ease of facebook. I love that it is a quick way to connect with people around the world with similar interests. I like that I can also use it as a tool to market my business and reach the max amount of people possible. It is not only something that people can use to connect with those in their past, you can also use it to find other people that may have similar interests.

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

I think Facebook is great but it's confusing to use in my opinion. I think it is really cool that we can have a profile picture and a cover photo though.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

Facebook used to be the superior photo sharing app, but over the years it has become an app for older generations. Too many old people complaining about politics on facebook. However, it is useful to stay in touch with international friends!

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I started on Facebook when my Uncle was heading overseas for mikitart service. He wanted to stay in touch with everyone. I really enjoy Facebook for that reason alone, being able to stay up to date on what’s going on with family and friends!

Lindsey American Fork, UT

Facebook is a wonderful social media platform. I enjoy other social media sites more because I enjoy pictures of people rather than statuses and news articles and links people share on Facebook. This is a great tool to keep in touch with people and family though!

Derek Heiner Centerville, UT

I like how Facebook will show you old photos as memories, things that happened a long time ago it will pop up on my timeline to remind me of the good times i've had. I also like how easy it is to upload photos and add captions and tag people.

Blake Wilcox Salt Lake City, UT

Facebook is a easy way to share your pictures. I like the options to categorize everything by album, that makes it easier to find specific pictures. Also, I like the option to tag all of your friends and share your pictures with them.

Sav Flo

The thing about Facebook is that literally anybody can put what they are doing every second of every day and if I'm really interested I can know of what those people are up to. It is a good way to stay connected to people and communicate with them.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been on Facebook for several years and like that I can connect to family and friends that I haven't seen in a long time and share my life memories with them. It is a great way to stay connected. I am not crazy about all the advertising though and was disappointed with some of the things that popped up. I believe they have fixed that issue. It can often be a time waster though.

Theodore Niemann Boulder, CO

Great way to keep in contact with friends and family, but it is mostly used now by older individuals and has failed to keep up with other social media apps that are more appealing to the youth.

Eric San Diego, CA

I cannot give Facebook 5 stars simply due to the amount of actual fake news that is circulated. The photo sharing part of FB is great and allows you to post as many photos as you want.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Facebook is easy to post on and easy to keep track of those I am interested in. Especially great for people who live a long ways away, but you can still be a part of their lives.

Patrick Orem, UT

Facebook is great for uploading and sharing photos but keeping everything organized is difficult. If your friends aren't on facebook, it is hard to share those photos. I find myself scrolling so much to search for photos.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

Facebook is really easy to use and it is great to stay connected to friends and family. Lately they've been throwing out a bunch of adds and it gets kind of annoying, but it's free so I can't complain too much.

Hunter Nobles Olivehurst, CA

Great way to keep in touch with family and friends. I always love seeing pictures of my cousins in a totally different state every time I open Facebook.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Facebook makes it easy to stay in touch with my family! They have plenty of security settings making it an easy tool to decide who you share what with.

Jacobrobot321 Baton Rouge, LA

I use facebook to communicate with my family and see post about the band and my family members! it’s great for family engagement

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Facebook is perfect for sharing photos to family and friends. Everything is neatly set up but u feel like someone is listening.

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I like facebook for the social aspect, but I do believe there is a bit too much advertisement allowed on people's feeds.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

They do a great job of giving everyone access to friends, and the ability to share with each other wonderful moments in life and to stay connected.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

I like how easy it is to share photos with family and friends but I don't like how much facebook knows about me.

OwenE. Hattiesburg, MS

Always keeps me up to date with my friends. Easy to use and is never slow.