Facebook Logo

6.5

Facebook is a social media site that was started in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook is mainly used for social networking; however, they have recently added quite a few photo sharing and storage features which makes Facebook a popular option for photo storage since they already have over 1.44 billion active users. Facebook's mission is to "give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected." On Facebook, users can create a personal profile where they can share photos with their different social circles. The privacy on each post can be adjusted so the each user has control over who can see their posts. In each Facebook post you can add a picture, video, GIF, or comment and tag your friends.

CanvasPeople Logo
#1 CanvasPeople chevron_right
Google Photos Logo
#2 Google Photos chevron_right
4.8
Instagram Logo
#3 Instagram chevron_right

The Good

• Free account
  • 2GB of storage
  • Popular site
Since Facebook has over a billion users, most people want to use their image storing features simply because it is extremely convenient for them. If you already have a Facebook account, you can activate photo syncing from your smart phone, and Facebook will automatically sync all of the photos you take on your phone to a private Facebook photo album. This syncing is done only when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi, so it does not use up your data plan and also gives you the option to share your photos faster since they have already been uploaded to your Facebook account. Here are a few other features that Facebook photo sharing offers:
  • Free use when you sign up for a Facebook profile
  • Up to 2GB of automatically synced storage
  • Up to 1,000 photos in every photo album
  • Each file size can be up to 25 MB
  • Ability to comment on friends photos
  • Ability to tag friends in your photos
  • Adjustable privacy settings
  • Some editing abilities
  • Mobile app available
  • Post directly from privately synced photos
  • Can post videos, photos, and GIFs
  • Facebook requires a true identity check
  • Ability to comment with photos
The sheer popularity of Facebook makes it a convenient and easy option for basic photo storage. Even though the storage is limited to 2GB for privately synced storage, Facebook has not set a limit on pictures that are posted publicly to your profile. Facebook is a great way to use picture storage, especially if your main focus is social sharing.

The Bad

• Strict policies
  • Limited storage
  • No merchandise
Facebook is an excellent site for social photo sharing. However, for professional photographers or people who need more storage, Facebook might not be the best option. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
  • Facebook has strict policies and procedures
  • Limited storage space
  • Limited resolution
  • Limited editing options
  • No merchandise
Facebook is not focused on simply photo sharing and storage. It is mainly a social media site where people share webpages, blogs, videos, and comments. The photo quality of Facebook is good for on screen image viewing but any images that are downloaded from Facebook will be lower quality. Facebook is definitely a social option and would not be suited for a professional photographer that is concerned with high quality photos. Also, professional photographers might be wary of Facebook since their website does not offer download protection.

The Bottom Line

We recommend Facebook as a great option for Facebook users to conveniently store more photos online. Facebook photo syncing is also good for avid social media users since it allows you to directly post photos to your timeline without uploading. Facebook might not be the best option for professionals, but the average user would benefit from Facebook's photo sharing options.

4.1

MindyV Lubbock, TX

I love Facebook. It's a great way to share pictures and other information with friends and family. But Facebook REALLY needs to leave politics out of their business!!!! They need to stop removing people from their site because they are republicans. And they really need to stop removing conservative content. They just REALLY need to leave ALL politics out of their business and website!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

I think Facebook is great but it's confusing to use in my opinion. I think it is really cool that we can have a profile picture and a cover photo though.

Donald Gustafson Colorado Springs, CO

they don't care about freedom of speech and would rather have independent fact checkers covering up the truth but yet they will allow being being threatened

Matthew Cota Albuquerque, NM

I have a Facebook page, I love it , meet new friends from all around the world, get to see pictures, post comments on pictures, buy sell trade groups , book groups, several groups to choose from , see where your nearby friends are get to wave at them , have video chats, live videos, get to see funny memes , and you can even share posts with friends and friends all over the world , Facebook is fun because you can post photos of yourself and friends and post any type of photos that can be shared to people or groups, like if you have a phone of a vehicle and wanna sell it people can share it with others all around, and can get it sold quickly, or photos of family you can share with others to show family to them or show photos of animals to give away like puppies or cats of whatever else like photos of food Facebook is all around fun

Andrea Diaz-Cepeda Tallahassee, FL

I've been a Facebook user for about 10 years now. This has allowed me to watch Facebook grow into the social media platform it is today. I enjoy quite a few features of the app but the one I like the most is the unfollow/follow feature. Rather than unfriending someone, I like how I have the option to unfollow. This allows me to still be friends with the individual but not see their feed.

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

Facebook is a good place to keep in touch with all of my long distance relationships with family and friends. I can keep everyone updated on how I’m doing with this easy to navigate website. Pictures that I post load in high quality.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

I really enjoy the ease of facebook. I love that it is a quick way to connect with people around the world with similar interests. I like that I can also use it as a tool to market my business and reach the max amount of people possible. It is not only something that people can use to connect with those in their past, you can also use it to find other people that may have similar interests.

Sara Jane Crestwood, KY

Facebook is the mother of all social mediums still. The fact that they have survived at the top for this long is astounding. I am not happy about the newest algorithm. Makes life far too difficult for non-profits and has sent us scrambling to new venues to reach audiences. But as an individual, it can't be beat.

Megan Rigby

I have been on facebook for quite some time now. I enjoy being able to keep connected to friends I don't ever see anymore. Viewing pictures, videos of there kids and family life is fun, easy and enjoyable. I enjoy being able to update my own page so others can have the same joy of seeing and feeling like they are apart of my life.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

Facebook used to be the superior photo sharing app, but over the years it has become an app for older generations. Too many old people complaining about politics on facebook. However, it is useful to stay in touch with international friends!

cb Irving, TX

Facebook is the most personal form of social media out there. You can share pictures of yourself and of other things and is my go to to plan things such as events, group chats, etc.

Emily Tallahassee, FL

An easy way to connect to my family and show them what I am up to, I also like that I can plan events and parties in an easy way and have all of my friends be able to be interactive.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Facebook is a leader in photo sharing. Its ease of use, tons of storage space, and ability to share unlimitedly is awesome. Keep up the fantastic work and Facebook will continue to grow and succeed.

Jesse Rice Biloxi, MS

Facebook is great it makes it to where I can share photos of my family with my family that lives overseas. It also makes it great for military families to stay in touch easier.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

I started on Facebook when my Uncle was heading overseas for mikitart service. He wanted to stay in touch with everyone. I really enjoy Facebook for that reason alone, being able to stay up to date on what’s going on with family and friends!

Hunter Kasprzyk Gilbert, AZ

Great way to get in contact with family members that you would normally only see in a family reunion and when I do see them they understand who I am a little bit by seeing whats on facebook which is nice.

Natasha Salt Lake City, UT

Very enjoyable, I really like that it is easy to keep updated on family and friends. It is simple to use and does a good job at keeping you updated on changes as they are made. Good security.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

Facebook is a wonderful social media platform. I enjoy other social media sites more because I enjoy pictures of people rather than statuses and news articles and links people share on Facebook. This is a great tool to keep in touch with people and family though!

Derek Heiner Centerville, UT

I like how Facebook will show you old photos as memories, things that happened a long time ago it will pop up on my timeline to remind me of the good times i've had. I also like how easy it is to upload photos and add captions and tag people.

Blake Wilcox Salt Lake City, UT

Facebook is a easy way to share your pictures. I like the options to categorize everything by album, that makes it easier to find specific pictures. Also, I like the option to tag all of your friends and share your pictures with them.

Sav Flo

The thing about Facebook is that literally anybody can put what they are doing every second of every day and if I'm really interested I can know of what those people are up to. It is a good way to stay connected to people and communicate with them.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been on Facebook for several years and like that I can connect to family and friends that I haven't seen in a long time and share my life memories with them. It is a great way to stay connected. I am not crazy about all the advertising though and was disappointed with some of the things that popped up. I believe they have fixed that issue. It can often be a time waster though.

Theodore Niemann Boulder, CO

Great way to keep in contact with friends and family, but it is mostly used now by older individuals and has failed to keep up with other social media apps that are more appealing to the youth.

Eric San Diego, CA

I cannot give Facebook 5 stars simply due to the amount of actual fake news that is circulated. The photo sharing part of FB is great and allows you to post as many photos as you want.

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Facebook is easy to post on and easy to keep track of those I am interested in. Especially great for people who live a long ways away, but you can still be a part of their lives.

Charlotte Ash Sandy, UT

Its wonderful to share Photo's of family and friends near and far and to catch up with others lives too. My kids can post things as there families grow.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I don’t really post photos on Facebook much anymore. I used to when I was younger, but now I only post photos when I have a big life event. Photos are really useful, especially when you need to find out things about other people. Just disappointed that FB is so political and biased.

Patrick Orem, UT

Facebook is great for uploading and sharing photos but keeping everything organized is difficult. If your friends aren't on facebook, it is hard to share those photos. I find myself scrolling so much to search for photos.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

Facebook is really easy to use and it is great to stay connected to friends and family. Lately they've been throwing out a bunch of adds and it gets kind of annoying, but it's free so I can't complain too much.

Jonny Hancock Salt Lake City, UT

Facebook is overrated! It has become a political, religious, and personal shaming board. Individuals are able to write novel length post where they share their fears, lost loves, or opinions on why they are right and their friends/ family are wrong. Facebook needs to limit the word count per post. If you are an opinionated law student I would highly recommend using Facebook, for the rest of the world I'd suggest thinking about the cons before logging on.

Maile Curtis Salt Lake City, UT

I have shared a lot of pictures on Facebook and its always simple. I like the security options that Facebook offers. However, sometimes downloading a lot of pictures on Facebook takes a lot of time. They need to come up with better options on downloading photos.

Wendy Park City, UT

Facebook is a great way to stay caught up with friends and family. I wish there weren't as many ads. Sometimes I feel like that is all I am seeing.

Zabsanti Silverhill, AL

Facebook has been a good platform for me. I use it mostly to corrdinate with groups and it has been an efficient platform

Hunter Nobles Olivehurst, CA

Great way to keep in touch with family and friends. I always love seeing pictures of my cousins in a totally different state every time I open Facebook.

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

Facebook has been a great app to keep in touch with old friends and family out of town. I love that you can sell stuff on there.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Facebook makes it easy to stay in touch with my family! They have plenty of security settings making it an easy tool to decide who you share what with.

Pete Centerville, UT

I've had Facebook for a very long time and i feel like it's gone downhill, especially for businesses. You have to pay for everything, and they make it really hard to get your name out there unless you pay. It is still really good at staying connected to people that live far away, but other than that I'm not the biggest fan of Facebook.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

For sharing photos, Facebook isn't bad but there are much better ways to do it now. I worry about when trying to delete a photo that it might be deleted but in the grand scheme of things, anyone could have copied and re-posted it or it could just be floating around in the interwebs. Who knows.

Jacobrobot321 Baton Rouge, LA

I use facebook to communicate with my family and see post about the band and my family members! it’s great for family engagement

Eric Gagnard Dallas, TX

This is one of the biggest social media platforms for a reason. Simple and it’s never been easier to stay connected

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Facebook is perfect for sharing photos to family and friends. Everything is neatly set up but u feel like someone is listening.

Katie Marz Orem, UT

I like facebook for the social aspect, but I do believe there is a bit too much advertisement allowed on people's feeds.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

They do a great job of giving everyone access to friends, and the ability to share with each other wonderful moments in life and to stay connected.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

Facebook is great to share and save the most important times. It has great protection of your personal information.

Sherry Wootton Ogden, UT

Best way to stay in touch with those you care about and love. Don't like all the advertisements that pop up.

Anne Starley Mukilteo, WA

Love myself some Facebook. Great way to keep up with family and friends around the world. Their click-bait lures me in like a bug to a porch lamp.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

Awesome site to use. Easy to connect with people. Helps you avoid weirdos by detecting spam!

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

I like how easy it is to share photos with family and friends but I don't like how much facebook knows about me.

Jacinda E Sandy, UT

So easy to take a picture on a phone and post it on social media. Great way to store pictures

Lindsay H. Draper, UT

Facebook is still pretty good for promoting events, but other than that I do not use it much. It's crowded with political arguments and is not the best place for photo sharing.