CanvasPeople

8.6

LAST UPDATED: October 25th, 2021

CanvasPeople was started in 2009 with the goal of preserving memories as art. CanvasPeople employees are lovers of photography and home décor and figured it would be a great idea to combine them. Fast forward several years, and the company has become a quality source for photo canvases and other personalized products.

CanvasPeople takes pride in delivering exceptional products to its customers. Photo Canvases was the company’s first and flagship product, but now it also offers mugs, throw pillows, desktop plaques, and more.

Google Photos Logo
#2 Google Photos chevron_right
Instagram Logo
#3 Instagram chevron_right
Facebook Logo
#4 Facebook chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Simple Ordering Process
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Simple Ordering Process

Creating a personalized gift with CanvasPeople is a simple and straightforward process. All consumers have to do is select a photo, choose a size, select any artistic effects, and add a frame (optional). After that, CanvasPeople will take it from there. CanvasPeople customers can expect their customized product to be meticulously wrapped and all prints will be finished with an environmentally friendly protective coating. Lastly, hanging equipment will come with the canvas.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

CanvasPeople guarantees its products. The company simply asks that all requests for replacements are submitted within 30 days of the date that the item is received. All replacement requests must be sent through the company’s contact form.

The Bad

• Limited Refund Policy
  • Shipping Limitations

Limited Refund Policy

Because CanvasPeople creates custom personalized items, most of the products cannot be refunded for reasons other than defects in materials or workmanship.

Shipping Limitations

Currently, CanvasPeople doesn’t ship orders internationally. Also, express and priority shipping options are currently only available on single item orders.

Additionally, CanvasPeople will only guarantee the shipment date if the consumer was shown a shipment guarantee while placing an order. The guarantee only applies to orders that don’t include services such as photo editing (edits, enhancements, etc.). If an order is not shipped out before the guaranteed shipping date, CanvasPeople may offer a 50 percent refund on the shipping and handling cost.

The Bottom Line

CanvasPeople is an excellent option for people looking for a personalized gift. Ordering a canvas (or another item) is an easy process and the company prides itself on delivering its products promptly. However, CanvasPeople has a few shipping limitations, such as not being able to ship outside the continental United States, and the fact that there is no express or priority shipping on single canvas orders. If you plan on ordering a product as a holiday gift, it might be best to order sooner rather than later.

Mayo Fort Worth, TX

I purchased 3 at once as a gift. They were a big hit at Christmas! Everyone loves them and the quality was pretty awesome. The price was unbeatable as there was a sale going on. The only reason I’m not giving 5 stars isn’t because the cost of shipping. While the items are in the cart and you don’t seem to be spending very much, wait until the shipping’s added. The total price shoots up quite a bit. Not sure what the local pharmacy’s charge for the same product, but I know they offer them. Overall, great products a great prices (while on sale) but shipping could be better. Especially when so many other websites offer free or low cost shipping.

Anne Murphy Draper, UT

The canvases I ordered arrived and there was no damage. I ordered 22 framed pieces and five wrapped pieces. One of the wrapped photos had the sawtooth hanger on the wrong side. Overall, all of the pieces are beautiful. The bad part is that I sent four emails to CanvasPeople and only received automated responses. A human response would have been appreciated since I was trying to schedule with a client. There was no phone contact phone number.

Gina Staunton, IL

My package was supposed to arrive before Christmas (there was a guarantee listed on the website that if I ordered by a certain date it would be there. For days my shipment said estimated delivery dec 21. Dec 21 came and went. Tracking still said dec 21. Dec 24 I sent the Facebook page for canvaspeople a message and they told me there was still time to receive it before Christmas. I felt like they didn’t even read my message at that point. I received it on Dec 27 so my boyfriend didn’t get to open it on Christmas which was the point and extremely disappointing.

Taylor East Haven, CT

I always have a great experience with CanvasPeople, however, I had a request for a small change to my order two minutes after my order was placed and it was not fulfilled because it took two days to receive response and by that time my order was already shipped. Luckily the gift receiver did not care about the difference in photos, but I wish there was a way they can connect your requests to your order so that the message would have been flagged prior to the order being shipped out.

MaryP Deerfield, WI

I paid extra for two day shipping on two of my orders and the third order, which I placed a day or two later, did not give me that option. When I was trying to track their delivery, it showed initially that all three would get here well after the two days and even after Christmas. I wrote a letter of disappointment to your company. Sure enough, all three arrived before Christmas. While the payment option for two day shipping didn't actually materialize, I'm glad they all made it in the end.

John Henningson Guilford, CT

My latest order was a canvas print of a photo of one of my paintings. I learned that the printing out of a photo of a painted canvas is qualitatively different than a photo of a real 3 dimensional object. The flaws in the original painting were more obvious in the print vs the original canvas. However, because the print is also on canvas, I was able to apply acrylic paint with a small brush was very effective to obscure the flaws. In close, I learned an important technique to improve print copies of my work but also how the detect and correct flaws in the original art. Thank you.

Alice Clarkson, KY

I was worried about ordering from Canvas People but I was very pleased with my order of my canvas print! Thank you for your prompt arrival even though it was the Christmas season, got sooner than I thought! I ordered from another company Canvasdiscount at the same time and still haven’t received my canvas or can’t get a response from them, but they sure took my money so they won’t be getting anymore of my business, and I will tell people how they treat their customers!!

Kim J Athens, TN

I took advantage of an offer for a free canvas print. I was pleasantly surprised with the ease of ordering, quality of the photo, and quick delivery. I will need several canvases a year for work projects and wanted to see if this company would deliver an exceptional product. I will be using them in the future for all my canvas photo needs.

Tiffany Sunbury, OH

The ease of ordering was outstanding! Delivery was as expected. The quality of the canvas was ok. It is a little grainy (canvas threading/ texture?) for the size I got. I would definitely go with a larger size for that style of photo. It was a distance shot of the family (6) and the canvas was a 11x14.

Bella Delano, CA

Overall, I feel in love once the canvas were delivered! The only reason I gave 4/5 stars was because tracking my order gave me a headache. For 2 weeks, I kept having to track my order with no current updates available other than the shipment label was created.

Ronette Nashville, TN

CanvasPeople was prompt in their shipping, timely in responding to questions, and their canvas product is very nicely done. We also purchased a metal print from them which is a good product. The only drawback I have with it is that they do not supply a wall mount cleat with the metal print which makes it difficult to hang.

TR Collinsville, IL

The product was very nice and vibrant . However the shipping calendar was confusing . There was a big calendar showing what day you should order to get by Christmas but that was for the canvas only you had to click around to get the calendar for the pillow So it was “late” since I followed the calendar that was upfront as if it were for all

Jessica Mancilla Saint Pauls, NC

My first time ordering from canvas people and I love it. I was very satisfied with my canvas I received. It was a gift, given to my husband. Our oldest daughter recently passed and the canvas was of all four of our daughters. He loved it.

Etta Lovington, NM

The picture I purchased was a Christmas present for my husband. He loved it!! I chose the wrap around not realizing that one of the faces would be wrapped around the side, so that might be something you want to specify. Also the shipping took longer than I expected, but I did get it by Christmas so it was ok.

Sheila Leon, IA

The product was great, however, if I knew it was shipping UPS innovations I would have ordered from Shutterfly. I ordered in plenty of time for it to arrive for Christmas but UPS innovations screwed that up. I will never order a product shipping this way again.

Vanessa Siebrass Omaha, NE

After what felt like forever, I FINALLY received the canvas I ordered. The item arrived unscathed, in beautiful condition. The reason for 4 out of 5 stars is that I do NOT like the shipping method - started out with UPS and then switched over to USPS. This change is what made my item take so long to arrive.

Kimberly Roemmich Kearney, NE

I think the picture turned out really well! Will be ordering in the future for sure! I ordered over the holidays so it took a little longer than others I have talked to but still pretty quickly considering.

Mercedes Weston, MA

I had a very seamless experience ordering from Canvas People. The website for uploading the pictures works well and the canvases turned out beautiful and were delivered ahead of schedule. Very pleased overall.

Deanna St Louis, MO

I used CanvasPeople for the first time. It was very simple and easy. I uploaded my photo and in a very short period of time, I had a beautiful canvas at my door. Thank you so much. It looks great!

Paula Wellington, MO

I like the canvas. It came out nice. Shipping was a bit extended. I am assuming it was because it was the Christmas season. It sat in the Kansas City post office for 2 full weeks before it came to our local post office.

Karen Lewiston, MI

It was supposed to be guaranteed delivery for 12-25 but arrived to my son on 12-26. I haven’t seen the canvas but my son & daughter-in-law said it was very nice. My first time ordering through your company.

Lisa Carpenter Richardson, TX

The overall experience was great due to the price, timing, etc. I wish I had been notified that the quality of the photo I sent was not a great quality or I would have sent another photo. But overall good experience.

riverwildlife Westmoreland, NH

Job Well Done by Prawin for having the professionalism and patience working with me until I was completely satisfied with my canvas purchase. He explained things thoroughly and I'm very happy with the result of my canvas.

Tammy Lynne Biggs

My two canvas prints were lost during holiday shipping. I emailed the company and they reprinted and reshipped them immediately with now extra charge or complications. Love this company.

Anika Cotton Muskegon, MI

My order was more than I expected the picture I used was not the best quality but Canvaspeople still did a beautiful job with it have recommended your company to my family and friends.

Katie Nashville, TN

The site was straightforward and easy to use, and the finished product was nice. I wish there had been a little more flexibility with the design, but overall I was pleased with the experience.

Jim Casa Grande, AZ

Pictures came out great. I did no up grades. My wife loved them. Also customer service was excellent. I had a issue that was my fault, they handled it professionally and very understanding. This company is top notch.

Mackenzie Virginia Beach, VA

Luckily the photo I chose had a side border but if it hadn’t our faces would have been cut off so that would have been nice to know. If I had purchased mine and it came like I would have been very mad.

Robin Gray-Woodall Decatur, IL

I didn't get my original orders but spoke with a representative at Canvas People and she sent replacements by priority delivery and received them before Christmas as promised.

Bethany Norcross, GA

I was very happy with the canvas but the frame was cracked and bent from shipping. Better packaging to prevent damage to the frame would have gotten a five star rating.

Reply from CanvasPeople

Hello Bethany, Thank you for the review and feedback. We're sorry to hear that your frame was cracked and bent. If you have not already, please send us an email at with the picture of the canvas you received and your order details so that we may assist you further. We hope to hear from you soon! Heather-Customer Service

Feb. 7th, 2020

Shawna Hachey Orono, ME

Was a little worried because no emails for a week or so giving me the status of my order. The canvases were wonderful and exactly what I was hoping for.

Brad Killbuck, OH

The photo is wonderful. I only had one complaint, I paid for expedited shipping because it said it would arrive before Christmas. It did not. I received it 2 days later.

Peter Manting Ludington, MI

The print came out very nice, but the shipping for the price I paid was exceptionally slow. Arrived several days after it was shown as the delivery date.

Stacey Uhlenhopp Hampton, IA

I am happy with my purchase. It did take awhile for the delivery, although it was not a gift so it wasn't an issue but I did expect it to arrive earlier than it did.

Kathie

I had never used or purchased canvas before so I decided to order and when I received my print I ordered three more. I am pleased with my canvas prints .

Terry Gilchrist Greenwood, SC

I did get my order. I got a confirmation that it had been shipped and I would have it by 12/20 which was great since it was Christmas gifts. I got the package 12/26 :(!!!

Marilyn Beach Columbus, OH

This is my 4th order from you and I couldn't be happier with all of my purchases. They are worth every penny. They were all gifts and they all loved them

Amanda Eugene, OR

The only downfall is when you look at the canvas while holding it, the quality is not that great. But when you hang it up on the wall or set it further away, it looks great.

Tom Ludwigson Viroqua, WI

Everything turned out very nice but, the picture is off center a little bit. Could have done better. Thank you, Tom Ludwigson

Daemere Buford, GA

The picture look great but it’s wasn’t centered like it was suppose to be the face Runs off on the left side it’s doesn’t look like the receipt

Reply from CanvasPeople

Hello Daemere, Thank you for the review and feedback. We're sorry to hear you were not pleased with your order. If you have not done so already, please send us an email at with the picture of the canvas you received and your order details so that we may assist you further. We hope to hear from you soon! Heather-Customer Service

Feb. 7th, 2020

K. Clem Murfreesboro, TN

Very nice pillow. Smaller than I thought even though we were given the dimensions. But very well done and SOOO soft! I love it!!

Christina Middletown, CT

I love my canvas... so i ordered 2 more.. only problem was with delivery.. didn’t come when they said it was but other than that i will order again.

Nicole Theriac Newburgh, IN

Very good quality, good price, and decent shipment time. Didnt really allow me to track my package and keep seeming to love the delivery date.

Eric Wildermuth Palm Springs, CA

The products are good, but your website is horrible--it doesn't provide real time order status information--it's truly worthless.

Angela Hammang Columbus, MT

Products are good... Not amazing. Wish canvases could show the actual clarity of the photo, but I understand they can't.

patti

easy experience to use your website. satisfied with quality of picture and timely delivery of picture. the offer i had was amazing!

Marilyn LaMartina Dwyer Pittsford, NY

It was a gift . Recipient was happy. But you gave me no way to send it as a gift. She had to do process of elimination 🤪

Lisa Decatur, IL

I loved the quality of my canvases. However, shipping time was disappointing, as one was a Christmas present and didn’t arrive until 12/29.

Carrie McCall Lewisville, TX

It took me contacting the company to get shipping information but after that initial contact I received my item really quick.

Teresa Madison, AL

I was disappointed the wording on the canvas I ordered rolled onto the bottom border when it did NOT show that it was too low on the preview.