CanvasPeople Logo

CanvasPeople

8.6

LAST UPDATED: September 17th, 2021

CanvasPeople was started in 2009 with the goal of preserving memories as art. CanvasPeople employees are lovers of photography and home décor and figured it would be a great idea to combine them. Fast forward several years, and the company has become a quality source for photo canvases and other personalized products.

CanvasPeople takes pride in delivering exceptional products to its customers. Photo Canvases was the company’s first and flagship product, but now it also offers mugs, throw pillows, desktop plaques, and more.

Google Photos Logo
#2 Google Photos chevron_right
Instagram Logo
#3 Instagram chevron_right
Facebook Logo
#4 Facebook chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Simple Ordering Process
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Simple Ordering Process

Creating a personalized gift with CanvasPeople is a simple and straightforward process. All consumers have to do is select a photo, choose a size, select any artistic effects, and add a frame (optional). After that, CanvasPeople will take it from there. CanvasPeople customers can expect their customized product to be meticulously wrapped and all prints will be finished with an environmentally friendly protective coating. Lastly, hanging equipment will come with the canvas.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

CanvasPeople guarantees its products. The company simply asks that all requests for replacements are submitted within 30 days of the date that the item is received. All replacement requests must be sent through the company’s contact form.

The Bad

• Limited Refund Policy
  • Shipping Limitations

Limited Refund Policy

Because CanvasPeople creates custom personalized items, most of the products cannot be refunded for reasons other than defects in materials or workmanship.

Shipping Limitations

Currently, CanvasPeople doesn’t ship orders internationally. Also, express and priority shipping options are currently only available on single item orders.

Additionally, CanvasPeople will only guarantee the shipment date if the consumer was shown a shipment guarantee while placing an order. The guarantee only applies to orders that don’t include services such as photo editing (edits, enhancements, etc.). If an order is not shipped out before the guaranteed shipping date, CanvasPeople may offer a 50 percent refund on the shipping and handling cost.

The Bottom Line

CanvasPeople is an excellent option for people looking for a personalized gift. Ordering a canvas (or another item) is an easy process and the company prides itself on delivering its products promptly. However, CanvasPeople has a few shipping limitations, such as not being able to ship outside the continental United States, and the fact that there is no express or priority shipping on single canvas orders. If you plan on ordering a product as a holiday gift, it might be best to order sooner rather than later.

Judy Stavely Henderson, TN

It was very easy to get the order entered because the app was so detailed. The turnaround time was true to their statement. The canvas itself was incredible. Loved the process.

Supaflyy

MY EXPERIENCE WITH CANVAS PEOPLE WAS GREAT. THEIR CANVAS PRODUCTS ARE VERY GOOD QUALITY & THE PRODUCT WAS SHIPPED TO ME IN A VERY TIMELY MATTER. I LOVE HOW CANVAS PEOPLE MAKE THE PRODUCT VERY PROFESSIONAL LOOKING & I WILL CONTINUE TO GET CANVAS FROM THEM. I WILL ALSO LET MY FRIENDS KNOW ABOUT THEM AS WELL.

Jan Thomas Dallas, TX

Love them! I have 2. They completed the look I was going for. Celebrating our 30th Anniversary with pictures over the years. These are quality Canvases. Would make amazing Gifts for loved ones and Friends. Highly recommend!

Olivia Merkhofer Tallahassee, FL

Thank you so much! The picture quality and general quality of the canvas is fantastic! It was a perfect birthday gift for someone who "doesn't need anything" haha. I love this website they always have deals to make things affordable right when holidays and birthdays are coming up and their products are always impeccably well made!

Margo Dutile Oakdale, CT

The size I ordered with the photo I sent ended up cutting off part of the photo..husband was holding a parrot and the nose of parrot was cut off. Colors great and nice and clear..

Sherry Pento Jaffrey, NH

I placed an order on Dec 14th, as a Christmas present for my in-laws in FL. Initially I had their address for shipping information. However, the very next morning our family had an emergency and my in-laws decided they needed to be with us all in NH. I requested to change the shipping address as soon as I found out they were on their way. Unfortunately, my order had already been processed and was unable to be changed. Then Susi, a Customer Service Manager contacted me to let me know they would like to offer to make me a new canvas and ship it to the address I needed it changed to, at no extra cost! What a wonderful Christmas gift, that was! And the quality of their work has always been outstanding! Absolutely wonderful company with wonderful customer service!

melissa reis Honolulu, HI

Always a great experience. I have used canvas people over 1 dozen times.. always exceptional everything

Tracy C Virginia, MN

I am a digital artist & am thrilled w/ the results of seeing my digital work on canvas, the clarity of my work and integrity of the paintings is perfect!

Laura Mackay Peterborough, NH

Easy ordering process and quality canvases!

Shelly Masters Los Angeles, CA

Good quality product. Was very happy with the picture! Love it!

Ginger Rylant Dahlonega, GA

Ive never really liked canvas type picture.. I always thought they was ugly.. But I needed a picture done for my DIL since her mom recently passed... I took a chance... When I got it .. I was floored how beautiful it was... But that picture was done in black n white.. So I took a chance.. And had a canvas done of a group picture of all my children in color.. Oh my!!! U have changed my mind bout canvas type pictures... You are amazing!!! Thank you

Kim Gorman

I've ordered several canvases from this company. I love my nieces and nephews and their children and I really love the pics they send me. I have so many of these beautiful pictures on my walls now. The quality is excellent. The prices, especially when I get one of their fantastic sales, are fantastic!! I've recommended CanvasPeople to so many of my friends and they love their memories turned into canvases too!

APorter Providence, RI

I was a little apprehensive to order because it was an ad that I saw on Facebook. I ordered on the 16th and it arrived on the 24th just in time for Christmas. (I live on the east coast for reference.) The pillow was perfect! The picture was detailed and brightness of the colors popped! I got the pillow with a picture of my bff grandma on it who had passed away. She loved it and even cried immediately after opening. Would recommend.

Saribel Saint Augustine, FL

I ordered an 11x14 of my boyfriend of six years who died unexpectedly in September. It turned out great so I ended up giving it to his mother and ordered another for myself. They both came quickly. Then I ordered another of him and me and had it up for Xmas and when his mom saw that one,well I had to get her one of that one too! I am pleased with the quality, the fact it was ready to hang and the promptness. I will order more.

Jacquline Baxter, TN

I ordered a pillow with my sweet puppy on it and I absolutely love it. So precious. The picture I chose wasn’t the best quality and the website warned that it might be grainy, but I am more than happy with the quality of the photo. I can only imagine what they can do with a higher quality picture file and I will likely purchase from them again. I am thinking I need a matching blanket!

Rich Brewer, ME

The site and products of Canvas People are great. The tracking of the packages leave something to be desired however. They are given to UPS which in turn delivers them to USPS. Once the USPS has been notified of the package, tracking goes out the window until suddenly a few days later it is at the local post office or is "out for delivery." Often, the package arrives on a day other than the one initially estimated. With "porch pirates" in abundance, better tracking would be a plus.

Emily Nikolaison

We ordered our first piece and it is beautiful. We didn't know there was a small imperfection on the photo. When it was blown up and hung on the wall it became very apparent! So I contacted customer support and they were so kind. They helped us out and are going to send us a new panel with the imperfection edited out. I will be making more purchases from them and will recommend them to everyone. Any company can make a good canvas, but good customer service will get you much further.

Barb D Maple Grove, MN

another company Lost my order. yup. So I decided to try CanvasPeople. They offered even a larger size canvas at a very low price, so I went with it not knowing if this was a good move or not. Not only did Canvas People get my order here in good time, the work they did making it was Superb! I totally recommend them to anyone. VERY very pleased with their work!

Tonya Hudson, FL

We used a coupon code for a Christmas present for our 13 year old. She has been dabbling in photography as a hobby and we used one of her sunset photos for the canvas. It turned out beautiful and we will definitely be purchasing more in the future. Our daughter was so happy when she opened it that she got teary eyed. Even without the coupon it would have been well worth the valued price!

Tina Killeen, TX

I ordered it as a Christmas gift for my husband, it was a picture his father had sent me in messenger of him and my mother in law. It was a very colorful picture and y’all did an amazing job. I fell in love with it. My husband was so overjoyed when he saw it that he video chatted my father in law to show him. I will definitely be using y’all again.

Mayo Fort Worth, TX

I purchased 3 at once as a gift. They were a big hit at Christmas! Everyone loves them and the quality was pretty awesome. The price was unbeatable as there was a sale going on. The only reason I’m not giving 5 stars isn’t because the cost of shipping. While the items are in the cart and you don’t seem to be spending very much, wait until the shipping’s added. The total price shoots up quite a bit. Not sure what the local pharmacy’s charge for the same product, but I know they offer them. Overall, great products a great prices (while on sale) but shipping could be better. Especially when so many other websites offer free or low cost shipping.

Laura Frank Hartford, WI

I've had a great experience with canvaspeople. My items have been done well and efficiently. The canvases have turned out great. The deals are great. The only thing that I wish is that they had a mirror border option as some have that way you don't lose a chunk of your image if you want the images on the borders vs black and white. I had 2 great canvases done as gifts and they were both here before Christmas.

Evelyn Duffy Palm Coast, FL

Beautiful.. So happy with it..can't wait to order another one. .... everyone love how beautiful my Great granddaughter looked. Thank you....I think some if not all of my family will be ordering from you. The picture looks so much better on canvas...At first I was a little skeptical but when I opened that box and saw her on canvas it took my breath away. Thank you so much for a beautiful treasure.

Rose Genoa, IL

I had ordered a 16 x 20 picture with black trim. When I receive the picture delivered by the US post office it was crushed and broken and it was close to Christmas. I called and spoke to an amazing lady Who immediately re-ordered my picture on a rush basis and rush mailing. I received the picture December 18 and was able to give it as a gift as I had intended. I can’t say enough about canvas people. You made me a believer. I think you and wish you all a happy new year.

Joy Harrell Wilson, NC

Great pictures for a great price. The first order I received in 5 days. I was so pleased I placed 3 more orders of pictures all in a months time. One of my orders was a Christmas for my daughter. We exchanged gifts before Christmas and the pictures had not come but did come the next day like the order said it would. I wrapped up the order form and put in a box. She could not believe what I paid. She was very pleased.

LeAnn Reed Clarksburg, MD

This was the first time I have ordered canvas prints. I ordered an 11x14 for a friend to give yo her husband for Christmas. I was so pleased at with the size and colors. I also ordered a 16x20 for my daughter in a karate pose. I also added the floating frame. I am so pleased with the quality of the prints and can’t wait to order more. I will definitely use CanvasPeople again for other clients.

Lynette Huntsville, AR

I ordered a picture on canvas for my in-laws for Christmas. My in-laws were very pleased with their gift as evidenced by the fact that my mother-in-law hung up the canvas right away. The ordering process was very clear and delivery was quick and easy to track. I personally haven’t seen the canvas, but if it was an excellent reproduction of the original picture, it would not have been hung on the wall as soon as it was opened!

Ailyn Augusta, ME

I got a picture put on canvas as a gift for my fiancee. I have to say that I am very impressed by the canvas!! They put it together beautifully and there is so much attention in detail to every facet of my gift. The canvas is wrapped around so nicely that you can see it will not come apart easily or as time passes. The colors were vibrant! They put rubber pieces on the back of the canvas to balance them out when hung. This gift was my fiancee's favorite gift this Christmas. I definitely will be ordering more canvases and products from the wonderful company!!!!

Melissa Vanderman Independence, MO

I have ordered from them a few times and I havent had a problem besides this one time I emailed them because my package was not delivered yet it took and I ordered it 3 weeks ago and they emailed me back promptly and got the problem solved . It wasn't on there end it was the post office and failing to send it out. Over all I havent had any problems with this company.

Juan Carlos Quezada Los Angeles, CA

Loved our frame ... Can't complain especially for the pricing... Good quality Highly recommend

Anne Murphy Draper, UT

The canvases I ordered arrived and there was no damage. I ordered 22 framed pieces and five wrapped pieces. One of the wrapped photos had the sawtooth hanger on the wrong side. Overall, all of the pieces are beautiful. The bad part is that I sent four emails to CanvasPeople and only received automated responses. A human response would have been appreciated since I was trying to schedule with a client. There was no phone contact phone number.

Kathy Rankin Portland, OR

I love that the canvas turns out just as I expected to and it was easy to make it happen. The problem with shipping is not with Canvas People it is with USPS. They get stuck at the post office for several days because they probably don't have enough employees working.

KIM Rickert Rutland, VT

I ordered a pillow for Christmas. it was perfect. super cute perfect size for the child I ordered it for. soft and comfortable. They even come in a zipper removable cover which is awesome since it was for a kid. I have nothing but good things to say about this product or this company

Lori Dalton, MA

I was very happy with my purchase! Very happy with the ease of the website and creating my canvas... I was very happy that the system shows you the recommended size for your photo you upload... will defiantly be ordering again!

G-ma Hibbs Wichita Falls, TX

I have used canvas people several times and love them. One time I received a canvas that was crooked and didn’t hang right and they immediately sent me another one plus a gift! This is a great company and their work is beautiful!

Cassidy Lehi, UT

I've ordered multiple times and been extremely happy with everything. The last order I paced was a last min Christmas gift, I didn't think it would be here on time. To my surprise they showed up 2 days after I ordered them and I hadn't even paid for expedited shipping. Will reorder again every time

Jessica Hardin Sellersburg, IN

I love all my canvas I had made for my family and the best ones was of my sister and a special person we lost that one the most touching. And of the family dogs was very lovely as while as of all the photo that came out beautifully. Thank you very much.

Carol Mulvin Phoenix, AZ

The pillow is awesome. My mother-in-law just passed away last month and we got my father-in-law a pillow with a picture of him and her on it. Their anniversary is Saturday. They would have been married for 35 years. The pillow is a little overstuffed, but it does make it look better, the longer I look at it. :)

Shannon McDonald Sequim, WA

I had 2 great experiences! I ordered a canvas and was so happy I ordered again... this time right before Christmas. I had big hopes it would show on Christmas eve like they said. It showed one day early and i was so happy! Great quality and fast shipping not to mention affordable!

Sheila Vinson Wilburton, OK

Loved it!! I have bought from canvas people before & I have never been disappointed. The canvases are always perfect!! I have gave them as gifts also & always gotten a positive reaction!! They are great gifts and great to keep also!! I love the memories that I now have hanging on the wall!!

Adam Hanna City, IL

This was my first purchase from Canvas People. When I got my canvas picture in the mail i checked it out because I've seen great canvas pictures and I've seen horrible but Canvas People do great work and I am very happy with my purchase. I would recommend them to everyone! Thank you!

Gina Staunton, IL

My package was supposed to arrive before Christmas (there was a guarantee listed on the website that if I ordered by a certain date it would be there. For days my shipment said estimated delivery dec 21. Dec 21 came and went. Tracking still said dec 21. Dec 24 I sent the Facebook page for canvaspeople a message and they told me there was still time to receive it before Christmas. I felt like they didn’t even read my message at that point. I received it on Dec 27 so my boyfriend didn’t get to open it on Christmas which was the point and extremely disappointing.

machelle skogen Elk Point, SD

I'm very happy and satisfied I will recommend them to everyone I will definitely be purchasing more of your products all of my family were very impressed of how good it turned out I was Leary but when I got it I was amazed how great it turned out it put tears to my husband eyes that's hard to do so that says something thank you so much

Kelli Blackford Higbee, MO

Ordered my canvas before Christmas and was guaranteed to receive it before Christmas, it still was stuck at USPS 2 weeks after Christmas. I emailed and Customer Service was great they sent me a replacement for the one that still hadn't came in and gave me a code for a free canvas! I received my canvas on 1/6/20.. the canvas looked great other than the fact my boyfriends head "hat" looked chopped off... i ordered the wrapped canvas so I guess we are going to try to un-staple pull it down to where his head is completely in it and try to re-staple. I am not sure if they have quality control.. but I would think someone would have seen that and fixed it before sending it out..

CanvasPeople Logo

Reply from CanvasPeople

Hello Kelli, Thank you for the review and feedback! We're sorry to hear you were not pleased with your order. I will be following up with you via email to further assist you. Hope to hear from you soon! Heather-Customer Service

Jan. 21st, 2020

K Hund Kissimmee, FL

OMG!!! I could not have been more pleased. More like...blown away. I have used other services for canvas prints and I cannot believe the difference. The colors are so vibrant. Thank you so much for an awesome job. I will be back for more.

Britany Washington, NC

I love the quality of the orders placed by Canvas People, my fincé was genuinely pleased with the canvas that was made for him. The shipping time is impeccable! I have already told friends and family about using this website for all of their photo printing needs.

Wendy Golden, CO

I relish the picture of my sweetheart and I. This is such a beautiful concept. The joy of seeing the man I love , and knowing the picture will lasted my lifetime. The image of him when he was healthy and we were so in love ... transcends my sorrow to joy. Thank you for this.

Kris Mansfield, TX

When I ordered them, they were supposed to be here by Christmas. They were delivered 3days after Christmas. I was so upset they didn’t arrive before Christmas and I contacted customer service where Heather helped and made the situation more than ok!

Helen Jacksonville, FL

I bought this canvas white frame to surprise my mom, I received an amazing offer of this product free just paying the shipping cost. I never tried canvas before but I had an amazing experience. Mom loved it. I would definitely recommend this site and will buy more products in the near future.

Keri North Charleston, SC

They were easy to order from and quick on delivery w/great prices! Lots of size options, too. The only thing I would include would be a frame for the different sizes in different styles. Every customer sldorsnt prefer the modern style frame.