Many of the Petco reviews (read below) show that customers are happy with Petco's product selection, fast delivery time, and easy-to-use website. With over 50 years of experience in the pet industry, Petco is a reliable company that pet owners can depend on for their pets' needs.

Here's how Petco is doing today:

Petco is guided by its vision to have healthier pets, happier people and a better world. Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides pet products, services, advice, and experiences.

Petco employs more than 26,000 partners and operates more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, which includes more than 80 Unleashed by Petco locations. Petco boasts that Petco’s prescription services and supplies are from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster and Smith and the health advice is delivered through PetCoach and petco.com.

The Good

• Repeat Delivery
  • Pals Rewards
  • Shop By Pet
  • Petco Services
  • Exclusively From Petco

Repeat Delivery

Petco’s Repeat Delivery service now includes nearly all your pet supplies including top food and treats. Pet owners can experience how a regular dog or cat food delivery and other pet supply shipments can help take care of your furry family members. Members can enjoy and save up to 20% on select brands on qualifying orders with Repeat Delivery.

Members can choose from thousands of eligible items including dog food, cat litter, flea and tick medication and more. Simply select “Save with repeat delivery” on the product or in the shopping cart, then choose the quantity and frequency. Another benefit of Repeat Delivery? Add-on items ship for free, even if the items have to be shipped separately. Also, members can pause or cancel this feature at any time.

Pals Rewards

Petco offers the Pals Rewards program which allows customers to get 5% back. There is no purchase necessary to become a Pals Rewards member, only an email address. Members will get 1 point for every 1 dollar spent. When a member reaches 100 points, they will receive a $5 reward to spend on anything in the store or online. To redeem points members can:

• Load it onto their account for automatic redemption at in-store checkout
  • Print reward voucher and present it at the in-store checkout
  • Add to shopping cart or edit payment when checking out online

For members who chose to save up their points, Petco will issue the $5 Reward Dollars to the account. If a member earns 200 points in one transaction, $10 Reward Dollars will be added. However, customers should be aware that Reward Dollars can’t be used on same-day purchases.

Shop By Pet

Petco’s extensive selection of pet products is beneficial for pet owners. Petco offers products for the following animals:

• Dogs
  • Cats
  • Fish
  • Small Pets (gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, etc.)
  • Reptiles
  • Birds

For dogs and cats, pet owners can find products such as wet and dry food, toys, collars, leashes, apparel, bowls, crates, carriers furniture protection, treats, as well as health and wellness supplies. For fish, customers can find fish food, aquariums, pumps, heaters, decor and more. For those with small pets, reptiles and birds expect to find, cages and habitats, specialized toys, and other products.

Petco Services

Petco offers a variety of services. Pet parents can get their pet groomed, attend pet training classes, sign their pet up for sitting and walking services, receive veterinary care and services, as well as attend pet adoption events.

With the pet grooming services, Petco offers customers to set up a grooming appointment online. Customers can log in to their Petco account, select the grooming location, what kind of grooming service they would like their pet to receive, and select the time and a particular stylist.

The veterinarian care offered by Petco can be a simple vaccination to a full-service consultation. Customers can visit the Vetco Vaccination Clinic or a Vet Hospital.

Vetco Vaccination Clinic

• Parasite Prevention
  • Infectious Disease Screening
  • Microchip Placement
  • $19 microchipping and registration for dogs and cats

Vet Hospital—includes all the services provided by the Vetco Vaccination Clinic plus the following:

• Routine Blood Work
  • Chronic Illness Management
  • Complete Diagnostic Testing

Exclusively From Petco

PupBox

Petco offers a monthly box of various products and training information for new puppy owners. Inside the box can be toys, treats, chews, and other accessories all handpicked based on the puppies age and physical characteristics; every month the contents of the box will change as the puppy grows older, and if the customers are not satisfied with a product Petco will replace it.

Customers have the option to chose between 4 plans (all plans ship free and are paid monthly):

12 Month Plan:

• $34/month

1 Month Plan:

• $39/month

Heads and Tails by Petco

Petco’s iOS app where pet owners can win money for taking a selfie with their pet.

Customers take a selfie with their furry or scaly friend, upload it to the Heads and Tails app, and share with family and friends. If the photo gets 100 likes in 30 days or less, Petco will give users a $10 Petco gift card.

The Bad

• Shipping Prices and Exclusions
  • Backorders

Shipping Prices and Exclusions

Shipping costs are determined by the packages weight and shipping method selected. There is Everyday Free Shipping on orders over $49. However, several products are excluded from this feature such as cat litter, dog litter, ice melter, wild bird food, live fish and rock, aquatic gravel and accents; crickets, live food, and frozen food; out-of-stock items, Donations, Petco or Unleashed by Petco Gift Cards and eGiftcards. Also, the items, cat litter, dog litter, wild bird food, live and frozen food, and oversized items may incur additional per-item shipping and handling fees.

Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands or P.O. boxes will result in a surcharge.

Backorders

If an order cannot be immediately fulfilled, Petco will ship the items in stock. However, the items that are not available will be canceled from the order. Customers will have to go in and reorder the items once they are back in stock.

The Bottom Line

Petco is a great option for a variety of pet parents. The company offers numerous products for all types of animals, as well as pets themselves. Petco provides the convenience of shopping online but has plenty of stores to select from. Customers looking to order their pets supplies online should be aware of the shipping limitations, as it applies to various pet products, as well as the backorder policy. However, the fact that Petco offers so many services and products makes for a successful one-stop shopping experience.

Petco or Unleashed by Petco store will gladly accept the return of petco.com orders within 60 days of the initial shipment date. Before returning merchandise to a Petco or Unleashed by Petco store, be sure to print the receipt. If customers don't have their receipt, they will be issued a merchandise credit for the listed store price or allowed to exchange the product for something else. Shipping charges are non-refundable, and personalized items and prescription food can't be returned to a store. For returns made after 60 days, customers will be issued a merchandise credit for the paid price or allowed to exchange the product for something else.

3.5

Carol Smith

October 12th, 2018 Bellaire, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hate to leave 1 star. I guess the 1 is for the girl who cut my dogs toenails. The worst grooming manager in this dept. I had issue with him last time when I made an appt with him for grooming. I brought my dog at the correct time when this grooming manager said he couldn't groom my dog maybe for the entire day even though I had an appt. At that time the store manager was good. The manager talked with the grooming manager about the appt issue and it was corrected to my satisfaction. I have now been taking my dog in only for toenail cuts and anal openings. I had paid 10.00 for these treatments over 3 visits. Today I went in and found this awful grooming manager. He said I would need to pay double this. That there were notes in the system about my behavior. I just couldn't believe it. Then he refused to take my dog even though my dog was hurting with a broken toenail. He escorted my dog out. Unbelievable!! I then talked to the store manager who was no help like the previous store manager had been. I finally asked the store manager if they could just cut my dog's toenails since she was hurting. I got them to cut the toenails, but if Petco ever sees my face again, it will just not happen. Petco is keeping a File on you and can make up anything they want. What a way to deface a customer !! Store manager was just not a good store manager. He had no authority !!

Susie K Spair

October 2nd, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The first time I had to call to complain about receiving canned cat food that was expired, I was refunded. The second time I noticed that our next delivery was also expired I attempted to contact the same girl who had given me her email address previously, and after 13 days have gotten no response. So I feel the need to let others know to look closely at the expiration dates on any food you might purchase from Petco. Very sad. I have dropped my repeat orders from this company and will be purchasing our pet food elsewhere now.

Dylan Findlay

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco is a great place to shop if you need just basic things for your pet. Prices are reasonable

Thomas Hullinger

August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have a good selection of items for pets. They are also full of information to pet owners and how to do certain things. They are easy to use and ordering and shipping is easy as well.

Lesa Burgess

August 21st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I attended the dog training with my puppy Bane at the classes in Salt Lake City. My dog worked with their trainer who was a great coach. Having a Weimaraner, it's not easy to train this specific breed because of their crazy behavior. However, our dog did great in learning the basic commands & being trained in a positive well. Highly recommend these dog training classes at Petco!

Mariah

July 26th, 2018 Weehawken, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried to purchase prescription dog food for my son’s dog. I frequently watch the dog when my son travels for work. I sent Petco the script the vet provided. Because the address on the script (son’s address) did not match the delivery address (my address), Petco refused to process the order. How ridiculous is that. I have no problems picking up my son’s prescriptions or my mom’s prescriptions at CVS. BUT I CANNOT GET DOG FOOD. Corine at customer service could not help me. I guess the dog will have to do without his prescribed food.

Loyal customer

July 6th, 2018 Greeley, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with the store, however one employee, Denise, is nothing but rude to us when we come in for crickets. She huffs when we ask for specific amounts, she will go help other customers after being asked to get crikets making us wait for the crickets and then shakes them around while she brings them up. Every other employee is very nice but Denise is rude and it's getting really old. We are regular customers at the store and she makes the visit very annoying l.

Hunter Kasprzyk

July 2nd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco has been my go to online pet store. I used to go into the physical store because it's fairly close and they had everything I need but using the online store is just as effective and much more convenient.

Rebecca Craft

May 14th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco store # 1766 in jacksonville fl has the best Aquatics people. Kaitlyn is very best. I have 4 kids and an husband that love shrimp. We went in today for mother's day to buy some females guppy. And Kaitlyn was very patient and helpful. I husband was asking all kinds of question because he has shrimp and doesn't want them eaten. Kaitlyn helped us get some wood for our shrimp and my guppy even through my kids were being loud. Lol but Kaitlyn handle it like an pro. She was caring, kind and very sweet to my kids. And had all the answer to my husband question. We were very pleased and happy. She need an raise. Kaitlyn is awesome. Sorry if I missed spelled her name. But really wonderful job. Thank you

K Robison

April 30th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good place to get pet supplies. They always have the most helpful staff.

Trent

April 30th, 2018 Provo, UT

Good site to use to compare prices and availability before going into the store

Jeff Martin

April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got a lot of stuff here for my dog but found the prices to be a little pricier than other places. Great service and awesome store, but not the cheapest.

Mark DuFine

April 18th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This grooming salon is a DANGER to your pets. On 3 occasions I have not been contacted for hours that my pet was ready for pickup. My dog was in the kennel for that period of time (3 hours) when he could be out and about at home. My most recent event with this salon was for a simple bath. I checked that my number was correct and told the groomer I would have my cell with me for a quick pickup. After multiple hours I contacted the store. After a bit of shuffling they said my pet had been ready for a while. I asked why no phone call. The girl stated that they had called my cell and it went to voicemail. Interesting because there was no incoming call and my voicemails are transcribed as well as recorded. I asked who called and they couldn't tell me. I told her I would address this when I came to the store, if she could find out who called. Upon my arrival the groomer handed me the receipt for payment. I again questioned who called me as I didn't receive a call. The groomer Jordan had no clue what I was talking about. I went to pay and discuss this with the store manager. While I was waiting to pay Jordan came out with my dog and told me in fact no one called and he should have. I first asked why someone would lie to me on the phone saying that they had called when they hadn't. I attempted to explain that this was the third episode (and final one) of this occurring. Jordan just looked off into the distance and was not paying attention to me so I told him I would speak with the manager. Speaking with the manager was also a worthless effort. Rather than taking a moment to acknowledge a system problem that was brought to his attention he kept asking me if I was signed up for text messaging. Yes I was but my question here is why are you throwing this back on me even if I wasn't. If they didn't CALL ME do you think they were going to TEXT ME? I couldn't get him off this train of thought. At any rate he said he would look into it and call me back. No call backs in 2 days. I spoke with corporate customer service line. They took the information and said they would turn it over to the store manager. I told them I spoke with him and he didn't get that he had a problem. They then assured me that they were interested and would have the district manager call me Monday. When best? Anytime. Guess what...you guessed it. No call from anyone at Petco. For a company that claims they care they have yet to prove that to me. Petco let me ask you this question? In the past few weeks one of your competitors was in national news. Not for their good service or goodness to pets. For pet deaths and injury. You may be headed down the same path leaving animals in kennels for prolonged periods of time. Those of us who try to inform you of problems are just ignored.

Michael

April 16th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great place to find stuff for your 4 legged friend.

Anne Marie Milne

April 16th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I buy a lot of pet stuff and Petco and always find great stuff. I also love how they are always doing adoption Saturdays because it gives people a chance to save animals. They are a part of a great cause and they have great products. Love their employees as well.

Landon Robison

April 12th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always have a good experience going to Petco. Their staff is really helpful, and I can tell they treat all of their animals good. However, their items are pretty expensive, so I always have to check other places before I go there because a lot of times they don't have the lowest prices. Overall, a good shopping experience if you can find their reasonably priced items.

Brette

April 10th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always find greats deal here! Customer service is always nice and friendly

Monica Gambino

February 26th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The adoption group that facilitates at their Round Rock location located in Texas. My son adopted a precious kitten back on Xmas Eve 2017. It was obvious he was sick in some kind of way. He was sneezing and stuff would come out of his nose and mouth. And then just well later they were told he had a deathly diesase and would have to be put down. His name was SchoolBoy. A little tiger stripped bundle of joy. He passed away from this diesase on Valentine's day this year. It was horrible.. one of the hardest things I have had to endure. My point is, is that I don't feel this adoption group are telling the truth. I think they are getting the money from this adoptions and are knowing adopting out sick animals. I have made contact with them. They offered to refund half of what my son paid to adopt SchoolBoy. It's not about the money, it's about a little kittens life, and other animals lives. They claim to not keep records. Vet records and adoption records. Well I have never heard of that in my life. I think they should be investagted. I am sure the IRS and pet groups would be interested in knowing where the money from contributions and donations are going. Makes me wonder....so sad in KC. We love and miss that little boy ..???

Mike

February 16th, 2018 East Elmhurst, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Went in to petco in Jackson Heights to buy a dog clipper, found one I liked and asked the male clerk to get one from the case. It took him 10 minutes to find the key so he could open the case. After he finally was able to open the case I reached for the clipper, he said no u can’t have it. My comment was “do you think I will steal it” he said yes and stormed away. I’m a 60 year old male and got quite disturbed from the comment of this clerk. Luckily there is Amazon where I can buy my pet food in the future.

Philip Mau

December 27th, 2017 Carbondale, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The managers dont care about their employees. Petco is possibly the worst place to work for. I am a veteran and decided to help out my local petco saltwater section. I did all I could and turned the whole fish section around. I was employee of the month and never got a bad mark for the year that I worked there. One day a cat tree goes on sale and a bunch of customers buy one. I ask my manager if it's ok to buy one, she said yes. Our GM at the store didn't care about his employees at all, because he received any email stating that employees are not allowed to buy the cat tree, but failed to tell a single other manager or employee. I ended up getting fired because of this and Los prevention is charging me $500 for the cat tree. I'm so glad Petco treats ours veterans like this.

Jerry McCahan

December 8th, 2017 Tyrone, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Number one, they will charge you 2 times what you would pay buying the exact name brand items as you would ordering it from site like amazon. Example: API Stress Zyme plus 16oz bottle is $14.69 from Petco. The exact same thing on amazon cost $11.39. That’s just that one item. Everything is priced like this. Second: they have phone numbers on their own websight that are for customer service. I had to search the internet for half an hour and call four different numbers till I finally got through to a real working number. The first three numbers would ring, have a machine or recording say they have to redirect you, and once it does, you get nothing but a busy sound. I called all three numbers several times each. After I finally got through to a real number, I was on hold for 30 minutes. The reason for my call was to cancel my order I placed on a Monday night around 8pm. By 9pm I was able to finally talk to someone. I explained I ordered freshwater shrimp for my aquarium, but realized I still needed to buy some other products before getting the shrimp. He said he would try to cancel it but I waited to long to call in and he may not be able to cancel the order. He asked me to wait on hold again, and I said ok. He got back to me in a few minutes saying they were sold to me by a third party, even though I bought them from petco’s website. He also said it was already sent to the warehouse and he would have to put me on hold so he can put in for a cancellation hoping it goes through. After twenty five minutes of waiting and hearing him take other calls, he heard me getting upset and all the sudden was back on the phone saying he was done. He asked if that was it and I said no. I asked how I would know if it is canceled or not. The line went silent for a second, so I said by email, phone call, and he said email. When all said and done I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes trying to cancel an the 8 minute spent ordering four shrimp and a koi swordtail fish. Third, I payed for a next day air on this order which cost more than the shrimp did. So the next day I check hoping they got my order canceled, and surprise, no email saying sorry, we got your cancellation order to late to stop it. Nothing even saying I tried to cancel my order was sent to my email. But I did have a UPS email stating they got my package sometime around 11am, saying it would be here on the next day. That would be a Wednesday since Tuesday was the day I got the email stating it would be here on 12/6/17. So seeing they never canceled my order. I got a small aquarium out, put in water, an air pump and stone, and a water heater so while I was at work my family could put them in that tank till I got home. I also got ready early and went to Petco before work, a forty five minute drive, so I could buy all the items needed to take care of the shrimp. They never showed up. Now coming to the forth problem, the next day air lie. If your like me, you believe next day air means exactly what it says. So today I call the same number I did when I so called tried to cancel my order. Once again on hold waiting for 23 minutes for customer service. Same guy answered but tried to act like it was his associate who spoke to me on Monday. I explained what was going on and said I would like my money back that I paid for” next day air.” I had to explain I still did not have my order and was only calling for a refund for my shipping charge. After several more minutes explaining what I want, he finally put me on hold. After only three minutes he gets back to me saying that the order was still considered under the next day air shipping rights. I asked how an order made Monday night, A UPS email on Tuesday at 11:52am stating it would be here on Wednesday, and now being Thursday at 1:30pm was still next day air. Then I said f-it, keep my money but it will be the last you get from me and I’ll be posting everything on there reviews, and hung up. When I receive my order I will be posting that info to as I’m sure they are dead.

Liubov

September 18th, 2017 Oyster Bay, NY

I placed an order in Petco for 3 positions, one of them was prescription food. I received my order after 3 working days but without prescription food. Inside the package was information that second part will be delivered later. To the next day, I contacted customer service and they wrote me that part of my order was delayed because they couldn't contact a clinic. Nobody has contacted me although I left my phone and email! I sent the prescription to Petco email and operator in customer service wrote me that order will be shipped during 24hours. When delivery date appeared in my account I stayed at home whole day, but I didn't receive my order. When I checked information in my account status of delivery was "Attempt - Lock Out / No Access" and date of delivery was changed on tomorrow. I want to notice that I had other deliveries that day and have not any problems with them. I was at home the next day all day but I have not received my order again. Status of my order was changed on "Delivered to Sender". I have waited two days and I have received nothing! My order was not delivered after 6 working days! I canceled my repeated delivery and placed it in another shop. I will recommend this shop nobody!

Pollyanna Baca

September 11th, 2017

Santa Fe Petco Groomers are great, Venus did a great job on our dogs Kratos N Ali, and Blake was awesome for helping me get my dogs out to our car. Thank you guys!!! Appreciate you!!

Erika

July 19th, 2017

*** PETCO FALSE/ERROR ADVERTISEMENT ** Encouraging you to read the visitors posts that were left on Petco's page for false advertising sale items. On Sunday, July 16, 2017, Petco had an online sale with some items that were discounted up to 99% off (they were listed with the discounted prices on petco.com all day Sunday), so a lot of us did the obvious and grabbed those deals. After chatting with some of people, I found out that some of us called to confirm the price/transactions and Petco said the transactions look good, and they would be sent once they receive them. Well without notice Sunday night and through out the day Monday they cancelled orders, they did this little by little without posting anything on Petco FB page, stating what happened and what they were going to do about it, or at least just say, "apologize it's an error and we are going to refund your money." But no, instead we just had to wait to see if we did or didn't get ours cancelled, because some people did get their selected items on Monday morning. Now personally speaking, I understand that it was an error and they changed their mindset in not honoring price listed, but at this point, I'm just posting this to bring awareness as to how unprofessional Petco has been with us. We have received different answers, some people were still able to get the price and the rest of us our transactions were cancelled, or others went to the store to find out if they would or wouldn't honor the price match. Some people were offered a different discount % and others were told if they wanted the item they had to pay full price. And the list can go on n on, so you are more than welcome to take a moment and read some of the posts that begin on Sunday. **As of today Petco has not posted a notice to provide us any information in regards to this issue, and to the date some people have not been refunded on their credit card transactions, and customer service is very rude. I'm pretty sure Petco lost a lot of customers... you should have been more open with us and admitted your wrongdoings, and not keep us hanging... https://www.facebook.com/Petco/posts_to_page/

Michael Lyman

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I live close to a Petco and really like the huge selection of toys and treats they have. I am kind of a nerd, and really loved their Star Wars dog items they have had in the last couple of years. I bought my dog a chewbacca toy that he loves and a Kylo Ren rope toy that has lasted a long time (with a dog who destroys everything). I will definitely continue to shop with them and recommend other people to use them as well.

Quen Wilson

June 12th, 2017 Provo, UT

Petco offers a wide range of product for whatever animal you have at a low affordable price. They're always the first place I go to fill all my pet needs or spend a day looking at the animals.

Susan Stewart

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

We live close to a Petco and a Petsmart and have gone to both for our dog and cat needs. I like Petco for their cool items they get in. We bought my daughter some Star Wars dog stuff for her puppy last year and she just went nuts. I think the food is overpriced though.

Doyal Stewart

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Petco is a pretty nice pet store. The people who work there are always very friendly and knowledgeable. I'd say their stuff is a bit expensive, but high quality for the most part. We did have one incident like ten years ago. We bought our son a pet rat from there. This Petco only carried female rats. A few days later the rat had 12 babies. We were not prepared for this at all.

Kenneth Okerlund

June 9th, 2017

They have some really good products but I just don't feel like they have enough variety/in stock (in store).

Chelsea Stewart

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I don't have a pet, and my situation doesn't allow me to, however I love to bring my little ones to pet stores to look and experience animals. We aren't annoying and mostly look, but some pet stores are rude and grumpy to us. Petco has always been kind and encouraging to us to take our time and enjoy looking at animals. Thanks!

Ms. Joachim

March 6th, 2017

I have always enjoy shopping for my puppy at PETCO as well as taking him there to be groomed. I took my puppy there on yesterday 3/2/2013 to be groomed and when it was time to pick him up from being groomed, I paid for the grooming as well as purchased a new collar for him. I failed to try on the collar while we were in the store, and only realized that it didn't fit when I got home. Having been a repeat customer and Pet Pals member for many, many years, I didn't see any problem in me returning / exchanging the collar for the right size. My only shortfall was that I didn't have the receipt for my purchase. I got to the register and stated my issue to the cashier who called me up to his register. The cashier immediately "We technically don't exchange or refund pet collars w/o a receipt". I said where does it say that? He immediately asked the cashier next to him to hand him the sign reading their return policy. Once I read it, I asked for him to "go get his manager. He left and headed to the back or the store some where". About five minutes later, he came from around the corner asking me if I " had a Pet Pals account"? I said "yes, I do"? I also asked him "Why didn't he ask me if I had a Pet Pals Account in the first place"? He was being escorted from around the corner with the manager of duty (a female) It was around 1pm in the day when I attempted to exchange the collar for the right size. The manager stated that "normally we don't make exchanges or refunds w/o the receipt". I said "I now understand that, however my issue is that I never took the collar out of the package, and the cashier never attempted to provide true customer service to me. He could have gotten my Pet Pals Account which would indicate that I did make the purchase only the day before". This was extremely disappointing to me, because it indicates that if I didn't ask for the manager, this extra step wouldn't have been applied. Could it be that the cashier didn't know the process to provide full customer service to their customers? Tough to say; but the cashier was very stern and rude when I initially told me "I wasn't able to exchange the item". It didn't end there....... I provided my phone number for them to double check my account status and the manager told the cashier to go see if the purchase is listed on my account from yesterday. I repeated my phone number to the cashier twice, because it appeared that he was flustered and unable to write it down correctly the first time. He started to walk off to check on the information, and then stopped in his track to ask me for the SKU!# for the item I purchased. My immediate thought, now you want information from me. WHY!!!!!! I thought your store policy was to not return items w/o a receipt. And in fact, I if I did purchase the item, it would have the correct SKU# listed on my purchase history. So don't ask me for anything else. If your store policy is to provide full support to all customers, I don't feel that I receive that either from him or from his manager; who was on duty. This store has lost a customer and the ability to service my dog in the future. Morale to this story, is to provide equal service to everyone, not pick and chose who will receive what service. A VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER..... ANBOUT TO BOUNCE.

Robert Deck

May 28th, 2016 Baytown, TX

I went into the Baytown Texas store and the aisles were jammed with pallets on what the manager called "freight night" where they stock the shelves. I had to move pallets to get to aisles and when I spoke to the manager he didn't apologize but said it was what the store manager wanted. He didn't even have a name tag. I wrote Petco and then called and was promised a call back that never came. A Petsmart is opening down the road and I am going there. What a bad experience

Elyse C Silverman

April 4th, 2016 Myrtle Beach, SC

I haven't had a problem with the store, but online isn't good at all! It started when I asked to be notified when something I was interested in was back in stock (actually 2 things). Then I placed my order & they had a promotion going on for extra pals rewards that I didn't receive & have been chasing them to give that to me, even though I was told I was going to get it...I'm still waiting. I got my order, tried to call them a few times & had trouble simply getting through. My order was messed up, somethings were opened (seal was open) & other things were clearly used. When I did speak with a rep, I was told the ONLY way I could return to store was by an e-mail but I can't print it & don't have internet on my phone...I couldn't speak with a supervisor then either because call volume was SO high & I have already written asking for a call from a supervisor or manager so we will see if I ever get a call from one now. NOT GOOD!

Teresa Dodson

July 31st, 2015 Seattle, WA

I love the Petco groomers My little dog Lucky has seizures and they take really good care of him. We have had groomers in the past that we took him to and when he came home he would start having seizures. He has not once had a seizure when I would pick him up at Petco.

Janet

July 30th, 2015 Cecil, WI

My fur babies favorite store. We shop at the Manitowoc WI store, the people who work there are the best. I also foster for a rescue and they always welcome my fosters with open arms. Thanks Petco

Sandy

July 29th, 2015 Sherburne, NY

I have been going to Petco in Johnson City, NY for the last 10 years. Each and every time I went in the store, I was greeted by wonderful employees. My lab was treated wonderfully, at the grooming dept. Even got a little report card. I always find what I am looking for in this store. I never once had a complaint about this store and always will continue going there.

Cindy Seidel Hout

July 28th, 2015 Temple, TX

I had the worst employee in the grooming dept here in Temple, Tx. She was rude, really rough with the pet that was on her table. Smart mouth and when I spoke to the manager David, he apologized, but did nothing about it. I have been taking my pet to the groomer at Petco for many years, not anymore. I shop at Petsmart for now on. Thanks

Lyndie Crawford

July 28th, 2015 London, KY

This was my very first visit to Petco. I drove about 75 miles to reach the store in another city. I was there to purchase two aquariums (a 40 gallon and a 55 gallon) which were on sale for $1.00 per gallon. I walked up to an employee who was cleaning the fish tanks, and I asked if he could find someone to assist me with the aquariums. He was friendly and stopped what he was doing to help me. I paid for the two aquariums, and this employee and another one carried the tanks to my car for me rather than making my friend and myself do it. The price for these tanks was extremely fair, and the employees were courteous and helpful! I would definitely shop there again!!

Susie Jones

July 27th, 2015 Beardstown, IL

I live 60 miles away from Petco, but every time I am in the city I go to Petco to get my pet food & cat litter. The prices are right & the employees are very helpful & friendly. It seems like every time I`m in a store they have lots of items on sale.

Sandy Willis

July 27th, 2015 Spokane, WA

I find they are not as helpful or friendly as PetSmart. I also can find more of the products I prefer at PetSmart. I have to travel further, but I still prefer PetSmart.

Sherri Lewis

July 23rd, 2015 Chesapeake, VA

Not thrilled with the brands and amounts of cat food that they are carring. Over the last 2 years I have exspressed concern to store management that they seem to be cutting back on what they carry and often the stock is very low only to be told both times that they are in process of a reset. If this is so it's the longest reset of a store that I have ever seen. I am now so discusted at the inability to purchase what my cats want that after my last visit in June I will no longer shop there but go directly to PetSmart. Sad...Petco had been my go topet store until the last year and a half