Many of the Petco reviews (read below) show that customers are happy with Petco's product selection, fast delivery time, and easy-to-use website. With over 50 years of experience in the pet industry, Petco is a reliable company that pet owners can depend on for their pets' needs.

Here's how Petco is doing today:

Petco is guided by its vision to have healthier pets, happier people and a better world. Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides pet products, services, advice, and experiences.

Petco employs more than 26,000 partners and operates more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, which includes more than 80 Unleashed by Petco locations. Petco boasts that Petco’s prescription services and supplies are from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster and Smith and the health advice is delivered through PetCoach and petco.com.

The Good

• Repeat Delivery
  • Pals Rewards
  • Shop By Pet
  • Petco Services
  • Exclusively From Petco

Repeat Delivery

Petco’s Repeat Delivery service now includes nearly all your pet supplies including top food and treats. Pet owners can experience how a regular dog or cat food delivery and other pet supply shipments can help take care of your furry family members. Members can enjoy and save up to 20% on select brands on qualifying orders with Repeat Delivery.

Members can choose from thousands of eligible items including dog food, cat litter, flea and tick medication and more. Simply select “Save with repeat delivery” on the product or in the shopping cart, then choose the quantity and frequency. Another benefit of Repeat Delivery? Add-on items ship for free, even if the items have to be shipped separately. Also, members can pause or cancel this feature at any time.

Pals Rewards

Petco offers the Pals Rewards program which allows customers to get 5% back. There is no purchase necessary to become a Pals Rewards member, only an email address. Members will get 1 point for every 1 dollar spent. When a member reaches 100 points, they will receive a $5 reward to spend on anything in the store or online. To redeem points members can:

• Load it onto their account for automatic redemption at in-store checkout
  • Print reward voucher and present it at the in-store checkout
  • Add to shopping cart or edit payment when checking out online

For members who chose to save up their points, Petco will issue the $5 Reward Dollars to the account. If a member earns 200 points in one transaction, $10 Reward Dollars will be added. However, customers should be aware that Reward Dollars can’t be used on same-day purchases.

Shop By Pet

Petco’s extensive selection of pet products is beneficial for pet owners. Petco offers products for the following animals:

• Dogs
  • Cats
  • Fish
  • Small Pets (gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, etc.)
  • Reptiles
  • Birds

For dogs and cats, pet owners can find products such as wet and dry food, toys, collars, leashes, apparel, bowls, crates, carriers furniture protection, treats, as well as health and wellness supplies. For fish, customers can find fish food, aquariums, pumps, heaters, decor and more. For those with small pets, reptiles and birds expect to find, cages and habitats, specialized toys, and other products.

Petco Services

Petco offers a variety of services. Pet parents can get their pet groomed, attend pet training classes, sign their pet up for sitting and walking services, receive veterinary care and services, as well as attend pet adoption events.

With the pet grooming services, Petco offers customers to set up a grooming appointment online. Customers can log in to their Petco account, select the grooming location, what kind of grooming service they would like their pet to receive, and select the time and a particular stylist.

The veterinarian care offered by Petco can be a simple vaccination to a full-service consultation. Customers can visit the Vetco Vaccination Clinic or a Vet Hospital.

Vetco Vaccination Clinic

• Parasite Prevention
  • Infectious Disease Screening
  • Microchip Placement
  • $19 microchipping and registration for dogs and cats

Vet Hospital—includes all the services provided by the Vetco Vaccination Clinic plus the following:

• Routine Blood Work
  • Chronic Illness Management
  • Complete Diagnostic Testing

Exclusively From Petco

PupBox

Petco offers a monthly box of various products and training information for new puppy owners. Inside the box can be toys, treats, chews, and other accessories all handpicked based on the puppies age and physical characteristics; every month the contents of the box will change as the puppy grows older, and if the customers are not satisfied with a product Petco will replace it.

Customers have the option to chose between 4 plans (all plans ship free and are paid monthly):

12 Month Plan:

• $34/month

1 Month Plan:

• $39/month

Heads and Tails by Petco

Petco’s iOS app where pet owners can win money for taking a selfie with their pet.

Customers take a selfie with their furry or scaly friend, upload it to the Heads and Tails app, and share with family and friends. If the photo gets 100 likes in 30 days or less, Petco will give users a $10 Petco gift card.

The Bad

• Shipping Prices and Exclusions
  • Backorders

Shipping Prices and Exclusions

Shipping costs are determined by the packages weight and shipping method selected. There is Everyday Free Shipping on orders over $49. However, several products are excluded from this feature such as cat litter, dog litter, ice melter, wild bird food, live fish and rock, aquatic gravel and accents; crickets, live food, and frozen food; out-of-stock items, Donations, Petco or Unleashed by Petco Gift Cards and eGiftcards. Also, the items, cat litter, dog litter, wild bird food, live and frozen food, and oversized items may incur additional per-item shipping and handling fees.

Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands or P.O. boxes will result in a surcharge.

Backorders

If an order cannot be immediately fulfilled, Petco will ship the items in stock. However, the items that are not available will be canceled from the order. Customers will have to go in and reorder the items once they are back in stock.

The Bottom Line

Petco is a great option for a variety of pet parents. The company offers numerous products for all types of animals, as well as pets themselves. Petco provides the convenience of shopping online but has plenty of stores to select from. Customers looking to order their pets supplies online should be aware of the shipping limitations, as it applies to various pet products, as well as the backorder policy. However, the fact that Petco offers so many services and products makes for a successful one-stop shopping experience.

Petco or Unleashed by Petco store will gladly accept the return of petco.com orders within 60 days of the initial shipment date. Before returning merchandise to a Petco or Unleashed by Petco store, be sure to print the receipt. If customers don't have their receipt, they will be issued a merchandise credit for the listed store price or allowed to exchange the product for something else. Shipping charges are non-refundable, and personalized items and prescription food can't be returned to a store. For returns made after 60 days, customers will be issued a merchandise credit for the paid price or allowed to exchange the product for something else.

3.5

Ashley

May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My favorite thing about Petco online is the free shipping. You don't need to spend a certain amount and you don't need a promo code! If you have never tried it you should because the first order of your repet delivery is 30% off!

Jennifer

May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overpriced! That's probably the best word I can find to describe Petco. You can easily find all of their products online for much, much cheaper. They do have great customer service but that doesn't make their prices better. Do yourself a favor and look online before heading to Petco.

Reese

May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco stores are very convenient and have a great selection of products and services for my pets. I love that I can find everything in one place and that they have the latest and greatest products for my pet.

Tim Sherwood

April 29th, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The site is horrible the products are cheap crap. Petco bought Fosters and Smith and ruined pet product shopping on the net foreve.

Kathryn

April 17th, 2019 Anchorage, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I made a purchase of dog items online. Each price was a good deal and there was a promotion going on if you spend more then $65 you get $10 off. Great! When I got the emailed receipt everything was a different price! Every item was at least 10% more! And I didn’t get the $10 discount either. I thought it was just a computer error. Ok it happens but the only way to contact Petco is to call them. I called and waited for someone to pick up for over 1.5 hours! I was told it was an error. Ok fine just fix it. I was told they can’t fix it until the items ship. The associate would make a note and adjust it when it goes through but they never did! I had to call again and wait another 1.5 hours! I’m tired of the bait and switch!

Eliza Anne Jones

April 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Petco website is easy to shop on. The website lets customers shop in their price range so that they can find exactly what they are looking for in their personal budget. I easily found training classes and the perfect chew toys for my dogs.

Beth Russell

April 11th, 2019 Myrtle, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There customer service is a joke and they can not tell you the status of your order and make no apology for that. I had been a customer of Dr. Foster and Smith and I guess they were bought by Petco so my account was transferred but I will now be looking for another pet pharmacy and I will not use Petco for any other pet needs either.

Ashley

April 1st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a bearded dragon and always run to Petco for food. They are always quick and inexpensive with great costumer service.

Abby Driggs

March 28th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Store has a lot of pet products and not as many pets as I had hoped. I also felt like the products were a little overpriced.

HDAC2009

March 27th, 2019 Alexandria, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

PETCO customer service is atrocious. After I waited on hold for 15 minutes, I was ‘assisted’ by an associate who was extremely difficult to understand and who had extreme difficulty in copying my order number. I asked to speak to another associate and a supervisor to which he replied no one was available. I then attempted to use the “Live Chat” feature but I was rejected stating all their ‘Chat’ associates were busy. The transition from [email protected] for Rx has not been seemless.

Allison Driggs

March 27th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We own a bearded dragon and frequent petco often to get crickets to feed him and supplies for his care. Everyone is always friendly and available to help with whatever needs I have. I think they are knowledable and available which you can’t always say about big stores. I recommend petco to all pet owners.

gary k

March 26th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

their takeover of drs foster-smith pharmacy is terrible. trying to get prescriptions refilled that they should already have on file and the only information I've seen is waiting for veterinarians approval for prescriptions with refills available on file already meaning it's already been approved.

Dee

March 13th, 2019 Urbandale, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give Petco zero stars I would . I bought two products online a month ago , one product came and the other one did not . I waited a week, still nothing so I called, they informed me that the product was out of stock (funny cuz it wasn’t out of stock at the time of my order) so I canceled the order and they told me it would be 5 to 7 business days for my refund. I still have yet to receive my refund and I’ve called about it twice . I’m about ready to file a complaint against petco, this is poor customer service you don’t take peoples money and run .

kpick

March 8th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On 2/15/19 I contacted Dr. Fosters letting them know I did not need my auto-ship order sent due to a move. They assured me the order would not ship. Then on 2/19 when the Petco and Dr. Fosters systems merged Petco automatically placed three separate orders for the auto-ship item that I requested not be shipped in the first place. I called them immediately and requested that they cancel those unauthorized orders and refund my money. On 2/24 I received an email from a Petco representative assuring me the orders had been cancelled. On 2/27 I inquired again to the status of my refund. I was told to be patient and wait at least 7 days. 3/7 I call Petco because no refund had been processed, and was told be patient because they just sent the cancellation request over on 3/6. 16 Days after the initial request had been made and a week after I had received a confirmation email stating the orders were indeed cancelled. I was again told to be patient, and I would get my money back (for unauthorized orders) once the orders had indeed cancelled. When I told the supervisor I would reach out to the company via other methods and most likely they had lost a customer I was told the other methods would not work any better than speaking to her because those other departments just report to her anyway.

Ponch Thompson

February 13th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have bought food and supplies for our pooch. We get deals and codes delivered to our email. Online prices are code and shipping is typically free if you spend $50-$75. They also have classes that can assist in being more prepared.

Cristiana

February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bought a product at Petco.com just to test if would be a better experience and I really liked. They sent the product that I bought and also sent a treat sample for my dog. The delivery was faster than what they planned. I

S Suguturaga

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can find most products I need for my dog at a competitive price and I can go in to a store as well.

Christy Suguturaga

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We started our aquarium hobby with petco and we have found everything we need and replaced parts and added accessories and gotten great advice and saved tons of money. We are so happy with the selection of fish and fun things to make our aquarium spectacular!!

JAKE

February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Petco online all of the time to order food and other things for our fish. Its so nice not always having to go to the store to get it. The layout of their website makes it very easy to find what I need. I have always received it in a timely manner. I would recommend Petco online.

Brody B

February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anytime we need to buy anything online for our dog we always use Petco. They have high quality products for very reasonable prices. We haven't ever had to return anything . Completely happy with our experience with them.

Ann Bailey

February 7th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have purchased dog supplies from petco.com. Items have arrived quickly and were reasonably priced.

faith

February 4th, 2019 Camano, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco is the best place if you’re looking for some new treats or toy for you’re pet wether it be a dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, fish, and many more. I love getting my dog new treats and toys! Petco has a good variety and are very welcoming to people and pets!

janalee sanders

February 1st, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven't ordered from Petco a lot but the times that I did order everything has gone great. my orders came complete and they were shipped rather quickly. I needed to return an item and I was able to do it without a hassle.

McKenzie Christiansen

January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco has everything I needed for my pet parakeet. When I first got a bird, I didn’t know what I needed or how to properly care for it, but their website had everything I needed from food to toys.

Shayla Hankins

January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco is the best place for pet supplies period. Nobody beats their prices or their delivery time. Also, they have more products then any website out there. I love petco.

Katie Marz

January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to return something online and it was super easy to do. They were understanding and willing to make sure I left happy.

Hailey Nilson

January 16th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Petco. Their online service is clear and easy to use! The ordering process was very smooth as well.

Cayla robinson

January 16th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a Brittany spaniel and am really concerned about what is in her food. Petco is the only place I trust because their ingredients are really and will make my dog healthy. I also love the toys and so does penny! Wouldn’t shop anywhere else!

Alain

January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco has just what I need for my new pet Zeus, he is a Bearded Dragon Lizard and couldn’t be happier with his new tank and new worms that I got him for Christmas.

MaKayla Christiansen

January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a pet parakeet and Petco helped me find exactly what I needed for my cute little bird. It was my first time owning one and they had everything I needed to keep my bird happy. I always use petco to get my Budgies needs.

Dasha Directo

January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Petco website isn't the nicest. It's definitely not my go-to when I shop online for my dog. I don't think the selection is as good as in person too.

Autumn Kallunki

January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They always have great things for my dog! Customer service is great and they ship to my house quickly after I order.

Madalyn Johnson

December 19th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Delivery of my order was quick, ordering was easy, and all the products were easy to find on the website!

Cori Jacobsen Ollerton

December 10th, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Large store. At times it is hard to find what I needed. Not alot of staff to help out. They seem over burdened with to much holiday shoppers. Overall, store seems a bit pricey as well.

Grant

December 6th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have purchased fish products for my tropical fishtank online from Petco. It is quick and easy to check out and the shipping was fast!

Fernando Delgado

December 6th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love using Petco website has everything you need for your pet and also even has a pharmacy option to buy medication for your pet another great feature they have is a 24/7 help line in case you need help from experts.

Nancy L.

December 5th, 2018 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco is always one of my go to stores for pet food. I have found them to be well informed and always willing to answer questions that I might have regarding my cat.

Sam Ekberg

December 3rd, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Petco is a great way for animal owners to provide for their pet needs. They have everything from food, to hygiene, to bedding for these animals. They are also very friendly and kind to their customers. Their online service helps you get an idea of what you are to expect in the store and it helps a lot!

Justin Knorr

November 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Petco has a great variety of products for pets and is very helpful when we are looking for products for our pets.

Angela Pyrah

November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I was a little kid we got our first dog from a rescue agency that worked with petco, so I have always gone where to get pet supplies. The online tools are a great help is getting what we need when we need it. Always an easy experience.

Lisa Hanson

November 5th, 2018 Calabasas, CA

Good selection, prices ok. Sometimes really great product info is available, especially on food.

Rachel B

November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is where I get all the supplies for my cats. They actually had really tall cat trees and I got two of them. Great company!

Jill B

November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great place for animal supplies. Been around for awhile and will still go to Petco for needed products.

Mitch Krull

November 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Decent selection with fair enough prices. shipping was reasonable. Would shop again.

Jocelyn stevens

October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the staff was very friendly with my kids. They were helpful and answered my questions.

Kristen Schow

October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a great pet store! They always are having sales and have everything I need for my two little pups!

cami harward

October 30th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great dog food. great price. I come here when I am in town. There isn't one very close to me

Alyssa Scott

October 24th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very pricey compared to amazon but has anything you could need to care for your pet.

Ken Curtis

October 22nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great place to find stuff for our cat and dogs. They are always so friendly to our pets when we bring them in.

B

October 18th, 2018 Wasilla, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When something is in stock online, and we go to the store to just buy it there, they don't have it! If you order it online, it goes to a shipping order to the store and you get to wait for it. Also prices seem a little higher or lower and never actually match store prices, not sure what that is about...