Many of the Petco reviews (read below) show that customers are happy with Petco's product selection, fast delivery time, and easy-to-use website. With over 50 years of experience in the pet industry, Petco is a reliable company that pet owners can depend on for their pets' needs.

Here's how Petco is doing today:

Petco is guided by its vision to have healthier pets, happier people and a better world. Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides pet products, services, advice, and experiences.

Petco employs more than 26,000 partners and operates more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, which includes more than 80 Unleashed by Petco locations. Petco boasts that Petco’s prescription services and supplies are from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster and Smith and the health advice is delivered through PetCoach and petco.com.

The Good

• Repeat Delivery
  • Pals Rewards
  • Shop By Pet
  • Petco Services
  • Exclusively From Petco

Repeat Delivery

Petco’s Repeat Delivery service now includes nearly all your pet supplies including top food and treats. Pet owners can experience how a regular dog or cat food delivery and other pet supply shipments can help take care of your furry family members. Members can enjoy and save up to 20% on select brands on qualifying orders with Repeat Delivery.

Members can choose from thousands of eligible items including dog food, cat litter, flea and tick medication and more. Simply select “Save with repeat delivery” on the product or in the shopping cart, then choose the quantity and frequency. Another benefit of Repeat Delivery? Add-on items ship for free, even if the items have to be shipped separately. Also, members can pause or cancel this feature at any time.

Pals Rewards

Petco offers the Pals Rewards program which allows customers to get 5% back. There is no purchase necessary to become a Pals Rewards member, only an email address. Members will get 1 point for every 1 dollar spent. When a member reaches 100 points, they will receive a $5 reward to spend on anything in the store or online. To redeem points members can:

• Load it onto their account for automatic redemption at in-store checkout
  • Print reward voucher and present it at the in-store checkout
  • Add to shopping cart or edit payment when checking out online

For members who chose to save up their points, Petco will issue the $5 Reward Dollars to the account. If a member earns 200 points in one transaction, $10 Reward Dollars will be added. However, customers should be aware that Reward Dollars can’t be used on same-day purchases.

Shop By Pet

Petco’s extensive selection of pet products is beneficial for pet owners. Petco offers products for the following animals:

• Dogs
  • Cats
  • Fish
  • Small Pets (gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, etc.)
  • Reptiles
  • Birds

For dogs and cats, pet owners can find products such as wet and dry food, toys, collars, leashes, apparel, bowls, crates, carriers furniture protection, treats, as well as health and wellness supplies. For fish, customers can find fish food, aquariums, pumps, heaters, decor and more. For those with small pets, reptiles and birds expect to find, cages and habitats, specialized toys, and other products.

Petco Services

Petco offers a variety of services. Pet parents can get their pet groomed, attend pet training classes, sign their pet up for sitting and walking services, receive veterinary care and services, as well as attend pet adoption events.

With the pet grooming services, Petco offers customers to set up a grooming appointment online. Customers can log in to their Petco account, select the grooming location, what kind of grooming service they would like their pet to receive, and select the time and a particular stylist.

The veterinarian care offered by Petco can be a simple vaccination to a full-service consultation. Customers can visit the Vetco Vaccination Clinic or a Vet Hospital.

Vetco Vaccination Clinic

• Parasite Prevention
  • Infectious Disease Screening
  • Microchip Placement
  • $19 microchipping and registration for dogs and cats

Vet Hospital—includes all the services provided by the Vetco Vaccination Clinic plus the following:

• Routine Blood Work
  • Chronic Illness Management
  • Complete Diagnostic Testing

Exclusively From Petco

PupBox

Petco offers a monthly box of various products and training information for new puppy owners. Inside the box can be toys, treats, chews, and other accessories all handpicked based on the puppies age and physical characteristics; every month the contents of the box will change as the puppy grows older, and if the customers are not satisfied with a product Petco will replace it.

Customers have the option to chose between 4 plans (all plans ship free and are paid monthly):

12 Month Plan:

• $34/month

1 Month Plan:

• $39/month

Heads and Tails by Petco

Petco’s iOS app where pet owners can win money for taking a selfie with their pet.

Customers take a selfie with their furry or scaly friend, upload it to the Heads and Tails app, and share with family and friends. If the photo gets 100 likes in 30 days or less, Petco will give users a $10 Petco gift card.

The Bad

• Shipping Prices and Exclusions
  • Backorders

Shipping Prices and Exclusions

Shipping costs are determined by the packages weight and shipping method selected. There is Everyday Free Shipping on orders over $49. However, several products are excluded from this feature such as cat litter, dog litter, ice melter, wild bird food, live fish and rock, aquatic gravel and accents; crickets, live food, and frozen food; out-of-stock items, Donations, Petco or Unleashed by Petco Gift Cards and eGiftcards. Also, the items, cat litter, dog litter, wild bird food, live and frozen food, and oversized items may incur additional per-item shipping and handling fees.

Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands or P.O. boxes will result in a surcharge.

Backorders

If an order cannot be immediately fulfilled, Petco will ship the items in stock. However, the items that are not available will be canceled from the order. Customers will have to go in and reorder the items once they are back in stock.

The Bottom Line

Petco is a great option for a variety of pet parents. The company offers numerous products for all types of animals, as well as pets themselves. Petco provides the convenience of shopping online but has plenty of stores to select from. Customers looking to order their pets supplies online should be aware of the shipping limitations, as it applies to various pet products, as well as the backorder policy. However, the fact that Petco offers so many services and products makes for a successful one-stop shopping experience.

Petco or Unleashed by Petco store will gladly accept the return of petco.com orders within 60 days of the initial shipment date. Before returning merchandise to a Petco or Unleashed by Petco store, be sure to print the receipt. If customers don't have their receipt, they will be issued a merchandise credit for the listed store price or allowed to exchange the product for something else. Shipping charges are non-refundable, and personalized items and prescription food can't be returned to a store. For returns made after 60 days, customers will be issued a merchandise credit for the paid price or allowed to exchange the product for something else.

3.4

Keeli Hansen
July 15th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Petco has everything I need for my bunnies and my dog I love taking them there to get toys

Paige Baldwin
July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS

I used Petco one time to purchase something for my dog when I couldn’t find it elsewhere. It arrived in a timely manner and the quality was good. I just don’t usually use this website.

Maria
July 9th, 2019 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

Don't ever buy anything from Petco.com. I ordered a six month supply of Heartgard ($33) and Nexgard($101) last month. The Heartgard expires in May 2021. Fine. The Nexgard expires 12/19. Why? By the time I give my dog the last pill it is already old. They are trying to unload old stuff and it is not acceptable. Pharmacy items are usually at least good for one year. I just bought the same thing locally and it is good until April 2021. It costs more to buy it here but at least I can see if the product is still good. That's the problem with ordering online.You have no control of expiration dates. I called Petco.com several times (8 by now), each time a different person would just say they will look into it. Their website says easy returns? After each call they send a survey to ask how they did. Duh? Finally spoke to a supervisor who said pharmacy items cannot be returned or exchanged. THEN DON'T SEND ME OLD STUFF! Then he said he might be able to give me a 50% refund. Really? Are you kidding me? After spending thousands of dollars in your store the last three years? Sorry Petco but you just lost a very good customer.

Chloe Adams
July 8th, 2019 Morgan, UT DETAILS

Petco has a decent website; but as far as ads go I don’t pick petco first. It’s bland in comparison to other pet supply stores. Quality is great! But the marketing needs to be looked at.

Ethan Crisp
July 5th, 2019 Columbus, IN DETAILS

For the most part my experience has been positive with the online services, although things can get a little pricey, especially when shipping is added.

Janice
July 3rd, 2019 Berkley, MI DETAILS

NOT AT ALL LIKE DRS. FOSTER AND SMITH!! Was a former customer of Drs. Foster and Smith for decades then Petco purchased them and has eliminated so many of the products available through Drs. Foster and Smith!! Petco Pharmacy is so SLOW at processing prescriptions. I will never order pharmacy drugs from Petco AGAIN!!

Jason
June 27th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like Petco because they always have the pet products my family needs and the delivery is quick.

Nicholas
June 18th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

I really like how affordable the prices for Petco are. The animals that they have are really adorable too. (♡°ω°♡)

Anna Lower
June 17th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

A bit expensive, usually there are a lot of good options you don’t find anywhere else

Kathy
June 13th, 2019 Rootstown, OH DETAILS

I love Petco , the Brimfield, Ohio store inputicular. They always go out of their way to make sure you are getting help. And finding what you need. They go above and beyond for their customers. Thank you. ( Krista. )

Ken Francis
June 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I appreciate the layout of their website. Fun to view the different products. They have a good variety of fish. They don't let you buy as many as you want though. It is frustrating when you are trying to buy mass amounts of goldfish.

Tracy Hill
June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

We have two large dogs at home so buying dog food for both of them is quite a hassle. We use petco to order their dog food and we love it. We’ve never had an issue with it and it delivers quickly.

Nicole LeBaron
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Petco is great. I love using their website to order toys or food for our dog. Their website is easy to use as well, which is great!

Beth Farmer
May 24th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Petco is way over priced. I find that anything they sell you can find on Amazon for cheaper. We didn't know better when we first had an iguana and spent way too much money on the things we needed at Petco. We should have just shopped on Amazon!

Rosie Hansen
May 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Petco has always been the best pet store for us and our fur family! Customer service is great and the extra classes and services they offer to the customers is excellent! Not to mention, they are right down the street from our house so we can walk there with our dogs!

Nana Asiata
May 20th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

The service that they provide for me and my pet is amazing. The shop is in good shape too!

catherine
May 17th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

So, I'm a pals member and have shopped here forever. I buy a few fish a week ago and one didn't look right off the bat. It dies a couple days later. They have a 30 day return policy. This fish was only $3-4. I called ahead of time as this location was not the closest one to me and was assured they could look up the receipt on my pals card to just bring the fish in. I go there and the girl at the cash register say's I have to have a water sample. I told her I called and no one mentioned that and I drove a distance. She says she has to check and can she help other customers? I went to look for my dog food, take a look to see if they even still have that type of fish. Every tank has dead fish in it. I go back to the cashier and she says the manager is too busy to look up my pals account and tries to give me the dead fish back and tells me to come back another time!!! I told her to throw it away - that it will cost more for gas than the fish is worth. Then she says "have a nice day". How passive aggressive can you get. I didn't think Petco was stupid enough to loose a customer (with three dogs and a pond) over $3. Supposedly you can return opened food and such so why be so stupid about fish? Clearly their water quality is awful so why question mine? I have a large tank and the other fish are all healthy. I'm shopping at Petsmart from now on. Cancel that repeat delivery on the dog food, etc.

kerry perez
May 17th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Pecto stores are always clean and welcoming, we took our dog there with us every time we had to purchase her food and she loved the store and staff that always paid attention to her

Ashley
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

My favorite thing about Petco online is the free shipping. You don't need to spend a certain amount and you don't need a promo code! If you have never tried it you should because the first order of your repet delivery is 30% off!

Jennifer
May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Overpriced! That's probably the best word I can find to describe Petco. You can easily find all of their products online for much, much cheaper. They do have great customer service but that doesn't make their prices better. Do yourself a favor and look online before heading to Petco.

Reese
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Petco stores are very convenient and have a great selection of products and services for my pets. I love that I can find everything in one place and that they have the latest and greatest products for my pet.

Tim Sherwood
April 29th, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS

The site is horrible the products are cheap crap. Petco bought Fosters and Smith and ruined pet product shopping on the net foreve.

Kathryn
April 17th, 2019 Anchorage, AK DETAILS

I made a purchase of dog items online. Each price was a good deal and there was a promotion going on if you spend more then $65 you get $10 off. Great! When I got the emailed receipt everything was a different price! Every item was at least 10% more! And I didn’t get the $10 discount either. I thought it was just a computer error. Ok it happens but the only way to contact Petco is to call them. I called and waited for someone to pick up for over 1.5 hours! I was told it was an error. Ok fine just fix it. I was told they can’t fix it until the items ship. The associate would make a note and adjust it when it goes through but they never did! I had to call again and wait another 1.5 hours! I’m tired of the bait and switch!

Eliza Anne Jones
April 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

The Petco website is easy to shop on. The website lets customers shop in their price range so that they can find exactly what they are looking for in their personal budget. I easily found training classes and the perfect chew toys for my dogs.

Beth Russell
April 11th, 2019 Myrtle, MS DETAILS

There customer service is a joke and they can not tell you the status of your order and make no apology for that. I had been a customer of Dr. Foster and Smith and I guess they were bought by Petco so my account was transferred but I will now be looking for another pet pharmacy and I will not use Petco for any other pet needs either.

Ashley
April 1st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I have a bearded dragon and always run to Petco for food. They are always quick and inexpensive with great costumer service.

Abby Driggs
March 28th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Store has a lot of pet products and not as many pets as I had hoped. I also felt like the products were a little overpriced.

HDAC2009
March 27th, 2019 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

PETCO customer service is atrocious. After I waited on hold for 15 minutes, I was ‘assisted’ by an associate who was extremely difficult to understand and who had extreme difficulty in copying my order number. I asked to speak to another associate and a supervisor to which he replied no one was available. I then attempted to use the “Live Chat” feature but I was rejected stating all their ‘Chat’ associates were busy. The transition from [email protected] for Rx has not been seemless.

Allison Driggs
March 27th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

We own a bearded dragon and frequent petco often to get crickets to feed him and supplies for his care. Everyone is always friendly and available to help with whatever needs I have. I think they are knowledable and available which you can’t always say about big stores. I recommend petco to all pet owners.

gary k
March 26th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

their takeover of drs foster-smith pharmacy is terrible. trying to get prescriptions refilled that they should already have on file and the only information I've seen is waiting for veterinarians approval for prescriptions with refills available on file already meaning it's already been approved.

Dee
March 13th, 2019 Urbandale, IA DETAILS

If I could give Petco zero stars I would . I bought two products online a month ago , one product came and the other one did not . I waited a week, still nothing so I called, they informed me that the product was out of stock (funny cuz it wasn’t out of stock at the time of my order) so I canceled the order and they told me it would be 5 to 7 business days for my refund. I still have yet to receive my refund and I’ve called about it twice . I’m about ready to file a complaint against petco, this is poor customer service you don’t take peoples money and run .

kpick
March 8th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

On 2/15/19 I contacted Dr. Fosters letting them know I did not need my auto-ship order sent due to a move. They assured me the order would not ship. Then on 2/19 when the Petco and Dr. Fosters systems merged Petco automatically placed three separate orders for the auto-ship item that I requested not be shipped in the first place. I called them immediately and requested that they cancel those unauthorized orders and refund my money. On 2/24 I received an email from a Petco representative assuring me the orders had been cancelled. On 2/27 I inquired again to the status of my refund. I was told to be patient and wait at least 7 days. 3/7 I call Petco because no refund had been processed, and was told be patient because they just sent the cancellation request over on 3/6. 16 Days after the initial request had been made and a week after I had received a confirmation email stating the orders were indeed cancelled. I was again told to be patient, and I would get my money back (for unauthorized orders) once the orders had indeed cancelled. When I told the supervisor I would reach out to the company via other methods and most likely they had lost a customer I was told the other methods would not work any better than speaking to her because those other departments just report to her anyway.

Ponch Thompson
February 13th, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

We have bought food and supplies for our pooch. We get deals and codes delivered to our email. Online prices are code and shipping is typically free if you spend $50-$75. They also have classes that can assist in being more prepared.

Cristiana
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Bought a product at Petco.com just to test if would be a better experience and I really liked. They sent the product that I bought and also sent a treat sample for my dog. The delivery was faster than what they planned. I

S Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I can find most products I need for my dog at a competitive price and I can go in to a store as well.

Christy Suguturaga
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

We started our aquarium hobby with petco and we have found everything we need and replaced parts and added accessories and gotten great advice and saved tons of money. We are so happy with the selection of fish and fun things to make our aquarium spectacular!!

JAKE
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I used Petco online all of the time to order food and other things for our fish. Its so nice not always having to go to the store to get it. The layout of their website makes it very easy to find what I need. I have always received it in a timely manner. I would recommend Petco online.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Anytime we need to buy anything online for our dog we always use Petco. They have high quality products for very reasonable prices. We haven't ever had to return anything . Completely happy with our experience with them.

Ann Bailey
February 7th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I have purchased dog supplies from petco.com. Items have arrived quickly and were reasonably priced.

faith
February 4th, 2019 Camano, WA DETAILS

Petco is the best place if you’re looking for some new treats or toy for you’re pet wether it be a dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, fish, and many more. I love getting my dog new treats and toys! Petco has a good variety and are very welcoming to people and pets!

janalee sanders
February 1st, 2019 Valley Center, CA DETAILS

I haven't ordered from Petco a lot but the times that I did order everything has gone great. my orders came complete and they were shipped rather quickly. I needed to return an item and I was able to do it without a hassle.

McKenzie Christiansen
January 16th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Petco has everything I needed for my pet parakeet. When I first got a bird, I didn’t know what I needed or how to properly care for it, but their website had everything I needed from food to toys.

Shayla Hankins
January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Petco is the best place for pet supplies period. Nobody beats their prices or their delivery time. Also, they have more products then any website out there. I love petco.

Katie Marz
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I had to return something online and it was super easy to do. They were understanding and willing to make sure I left happy.

Hailey Nilson
January 16th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I love Petco. Their online service is clear and easy to use! The ordering process was very smooth as well.

Cayla robinson
January 16th, 2019 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I have a Brittany spaniel and am really concerned about what is in her food. Petco is the only place I trust because their ingredients are really and will make my dog healthy. I also love the toys and so does penny! Wouldn’t shop anywhere else!

Alain
January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Petco has just what I need for my new pet Zeus, he is a Bearded Dragon Lizard and couldn’t be happier with his new tank and new worms that I got him for Christmas.

MaKayla Christiansen
January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I have a pet parakeet and Petco helped me find exactly what I needed for my cute little bird. It was my first time owning one and they had everything I needed to keep my bird happy. I always use petco to get my Budgies needs.

Dasha Directo
January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

The Petco website isn't the nicest. It's definitely not my go-to when I shop online for my dog. I don't think the selection is as good as in person too.

Autumn Kallunki
January 9th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

They always have great things for my dog! Customer service is great and they ship to my house quickly after I order.