Petco Logo

Petco

6.0

Many of the Petco reviews (read below) show that customers are happy with Petco's product selection, fast delivery time, and easy-to-use website. With over 50 years of experience in the pet industry, Petco is a reliable company that pet owners can depend on for their pets' needs.

Here's how Petco is doing today:

Petco is guided by its vision to have healthier pets, happier people and a better world. Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides pet products, services, advice, and experiences.

Petco employs more than 26,000 partners and operates more than 1,500 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, which includes more than 80 Unleashed by Petco locations. Petco boasts that Petco’s prescription services and supplies are from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster and Smith and the health advice is delivered through PetCoach and petco.com.

The Good

• Repeat Delivery
  • Pals Rewards
  • Shop By Pet
  • Petco Services
  • Exclusively From Petco

Repeat Delivery

Petco’s Repeat Delivery service now includes nearly all your pet supplies including top food and treats. Pet owners can experience how a regular dog or cat food delivery and other pet supply shipments can help take care of your furry family members. Members can enjoy and save up to 20% on select brands on qualifying orders with Repeat Delivery.

Members can choose from thousands of eligible items including dog food, cat litter, flea and tick medication and more. Simply select “Save with repeat delivery” on the product or in the shopping cart, then choose the quantity and frequency. Another benefit of Repeat Delivery? Add-on items ship for free, even if the items have to be shipped separately. Also, members can pause or cancel this feature at any time.

Pals Rewards

Petco offers the Pals Rewards program which allows customers to get 5% back. There is no purchase necessary to become a Pals Rewards member, only an email address. Members will get 1 point for every 1 dollar spent. When a member reaches 100 points, they will receive a $5 reward to spend on anything in the store or online. To redeem points members can:

• Load it onto their account for automatic redemption at in-store checkout
  • Print reward voucher and present it at the in-store checkout
  • Add to shopping cart or edit payment when checking out online

For members who chose to save up their points, Petco will issue the $5 Reward Dollars to the account. If a member earns 200 points in one transaction, $10 Reward Dollars will be added. However, customers should be aware that Reward Dollars can’t be used on same-day purchases.

Shop By Pet

Petco’s extensive selection of pet products is beneficial for pet owners. Petco offers products for the following animals:

• Dogs
  • Cats
  • Fish
  • Small Pets (gerbils, hamsters, ferrets, rabbits, etc.)
  • Reptiles
  • Birds

For dogs and cats, pet owners can find products such as wet and dry food, toys, collars, leashes, apparel, bowls, crates, carriers furniture protection, treats, as well as health and wellness supplies. For fish, customers can find fish food, aquariums, pumps, heaters, decor and more. For those with small pets, reptiles and birds expect to find, cages and habitats, specialized toys, and other products.

Petco Services

Petco offers a variety of services. Pet parents can get their pet groomed, attend pet training classes, sign their pet up for sitting and walking services, receive veterinary care and services, as well as attend pet adoption events.

With the pet grooming services, Petco offers customers to set up a grooming appointment online. Customers can log in to their Petco account, select the grooming location, what kind of grooming service they would like their pet to receive, and select the time and a particular stylist.

The veterinarian care offered by Petco can be a simple vaccination to a full-service consultation. Customers can visit the Vetco Vaccination Clinic or a Vet Hospital.

Vetco Vaccination Clinic

• Parasite Prevention
  • Infectious Disease Screening
  • Microchip Placement
  • $19 microchipping and registration for dogs and cats

Vet Hospital—includes all the services provided by the Vetco Vaccination Clinic plus the following:

• Routine Blood Work
  • Chronic Illness Management
  • Complete Diagnostic Testing

Exclusively From Petco

PupBox

Petco offers a monthly box of various products and training information for new puppy owners. Inside the box can be toys, treats, chews, and other accessories all handpicked based on the puppies age and physical characteristics; every month the contents of the box will change as the puppy grows older, and if the customers are not satisfied with a product Petco will replace it.

Customers have the option to chose between 4 plans (all plans ship free and are paid monthly):

12 Month Plan:

• $34/month

1 Month Plan:

• $39/month

Heads and Tails by Petco

Petco’s iOS app where pet owners can win money for taking a selfie with their pet.

Customers take a selfie with their furry or scaly friend, upload it to the Heads and Tails app, and share with family and friends. If the photo gets 100 likes in 30 days or less, Petco will give users a $10 Petco gift card.

The Bad

• Shipping Prices and Exclusions
  • Backorders

Shipping Prices and Exclusions

Shipping costs are determined by the packages weight and shipping method selected. There is Everyday Free Shipping on orders over $49. However, several products are excluded from this feature such as cat litter, dog litter, ice melter, wild bird food, live fish and rock, aquatic gravel and accents; crickets, live food, and frozen food; out-of-stock items, Donations, Petco or Unleashed by Petco Gift Cards and eGiftcards. Also, the items, cat litter, dog litter, wild bird food, live and frozen food, and oversized items may incur additional per-item shipping and handling fees.

Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands or P.O. boxes will result in a surcharge.

Backorders

If an order cannot be immediately fulfilled, Petco will ship the items in stock. However, the items that are not available will be canceled from the order. Customers will have to go in and reorder the items once they are back in stock.

The Bottom Line

Petco is a great option for a variety of pet parents. The company offers numerous products for all types of animals, as well as pets themselves. Petco provides the convenience of shopping online but has plenty of stores to select from. Customers looking to order their pets supplies online should be aware of the shipping limitations, as it applies to various pet products, as well as the backorder policy. However, the fact that Petco offers so many services and products makes for a successful one-stop shopping experience.

Petco or Unleashed by Petco store will gladly accept the return of petco.com orders within 60 days of the initial shipment date. Before returning merchandise to a Petco or Unleashed by Petco store, be sure to print the receipt. If customers don't have their receipt, they will be issued a merchandise credit for the listed store price or allowed to exchange the product for something else. Shipping charges are non-refundable, and personalized items and prescription food can't be returned to a store. For returns made after 60 days, customers will be issued a merchandise credit for the paid price or allowed to exchange the product for something else.

3.6

Maggie Zou Atlanta, GA

I have been buying from Petco for several years. My cat loves Wholehearted which you can only get from Petco. However, recently I always received case-opened cat food. (The kind of one case with 12 individual canned food/package.) It is not damaged during the process because half of the case is gone! I doubt that they are just taking something from the store shelves and shipped them to the customers. Also, they always ship your items in one order separately, sometimes even individually. For example, if you have three items in your order, then you will receive three packages at different times, and most of the time in a huge box which is ridiculous and causes huge waste. And here is another thing that makes me decide not to buy from Petco anymore. Today, I RECEIVED CAT FOOD THAT IS ALREADY EXPIRED! Already expired more than half a year!!!!!!! I just canceled all my repeated delivery subscriptions and decided to try somewhere else.

Rebecca Craft

Petco store # 1766 in jacksonville fl has the best Aquatics people. Kaitlyn is very best. I have 4 kids and an husband that love shrimp. We went in today for mother's day to buy some females guppy. And Kaitlyn was very patient and helpful. I husband was asking all kinds of question because he has shrimp and doesn't want them eaten. Kaitlyn helped us get some wood for our shrimp and my guppy even through my kids were being loud. Lol but Kaitlyn handle it like an pro. She was caring, kind and very sweet to my kids. And had all the answer to my husband question. We were very pleased and happy. She need an raise. Kaitlyn is awesome. Sorry if I missed spelled her name. But really wonderful job. Thank you

Sandy Sherburne, NY

I have been going to Petco in Johnson City, NY for the last 10 years. Each and every time I went in the store, I was greeted by wonderful employees. My lab was treated wonderfully, at the grooming dept. Even got a little report card. I always find what I am looking for in this store. I never once had a complaint about this store and always will continue going there.

Lyndie Crawford London, KY

This was my very first visit to Petco. I drove about 75 miles to reach the store in another city. I was there to purchase two aquariums (a 40 gallon and a 55 gallon) which were on sale for $1.00 per gallon. I walked up to an employee who was cleaning the fish tanks, and I asked if he could find someone to assist me with the aquariums. He was friendly and stopped what he was doing to help me. I paid for the two aquariums, and this employee and another one carried the tanks to my car for me rather than making my friend and myself do it. The price for these tanks was extremely fair, and the employees were courteous and helpful! I would definitely shop there again!!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I attended the dog training with my puppy Bane at the classes in Salt Lake City. My dog worked with their trainer who was a great coach. Having a Weimaraner, it's not easy to train this specific breed because of their crazy behavior. However, our dog did great in learning the basic commands & being trained in a positive well. Highly recommend these dog training classes at Petco!

Michael Lyman Salt Lake City, UT

I live close to a Petco and really like the huge selection of toys and treats they have. I am kind of a nerd, and really loved their Star Wars dog items they have had in the last couple of years. I bought my dog a chewbacca toy that he loves and a Kylo Ren rope toy that has lasted a long time (with a dog who destroys everything). I will definitely continue to shop with them and recommend other people to use them as well.

Larson Riverton, UT

PetCo has a great selection of animal products. They have pet food and treats, cages, beds, shots and medicine. They also sell different live animals too. We have purchased many things from PetCo and the customer service was excellent. The workers help you find anything that you need. If you are busy you can order the products you would like online. It saves a lot of time.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

My dad bought me a pet lizard one time from here and it was my favorite pet lizard I ever owned. It also was a steal of a deal, super affordable. I even bought a cage and food for really good prices. Ordering online from Petco is easy as well. They offer really great deals throughout the year and we can find items online that aren't in the store, which is great.

Toni Purdy Bullhead City, AZ

The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They have a wide variety of products and the prices are good.

Flynn St. Petersburg, FL

We had our cat getting blood tests etc and waited as we were told we could. A Petco manager screamed at us “you’re not allowed to wait in here!” “You cannot loiter here!” “You have to wait in your car!” This after 10-12 pet adopters had stood and sat around in the same room for an hour! I have never been so rudely treated in my entire life by someone who is supposed to be in management. I will never set foot in that Vets office again.

Tiffany Nguyen Atlanta, GA

The store is great, however, I do have some critics about the way they treat the animals. I believe they should put the bettas into bigger tanks, not much, instead of the cups. It would prevent them from dying more often. As for the rodents, put them into bigger spaces, so they won’t feel so cramped. And please to the workers, try your best to take care of them animals, they have feelings and deserve better.

Kathy Rootstown, OH

I love Petco , the Brimfield, Ohio store inputicular. They always go out of their way to make sure you are getting help. And finding what you need. They go above and beyond for their customers. Thank you. ( Krista. )

Hunter Kasprzyk Gilbert, AZ

Petco has been my go to online pet store. I used to go into the physical store because it's fairly close and they had everything I need but using the online store is just as effective and much more convenient.

Pollyanna Baca

Santa Fe Petco Groomers are great, Venus did a great job on our dogs Kratos N Ali, and Blake was awesome for helping me get my dogs out to our car. Thank you guys!!! Appreciate you!!

Teresa Dodson Seattle, WA

I love the Petco groomers My little dog Lucky has seizures and they take really good care of him. We have had groomers in the past that we took him to and when he came home he would start having seizures. He has not once had a seizure when I would pick him up at Petco.

Janet Cecil, WI

My fur babies favorite store. We shop at the Manitowoc WI store, the people who work there are the best. I also foster for a rescue and they always welcome my fosters with open arms. Thanks Petco

Susie Jones Beardstown, IL

I live 60 miles away from Petco, but every time I am in the city I go to Petco to get my pet food & cat litter. The prices are right & the employees are very helpful & friendly. It seems like every time I`m in a store they have lots of items on sale.

Austin Stelmach Boulder, CO

I have two golden doodle puppies who love our trips to Petco. Petco always has what we need, and if they don't, the employees are always happy to point us in the direction of another place. I highly recommend shopping here if you have a dog or a cat!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

I simply love Petco. I have bought a ton from their website as they have a great variety and add the convenience of direct shipping to my home. I feel that I can find most anything I need that is pet related at Petco.com. That makes it easy and well worth the money.

Rosie Hansen Salt Lake City, UT

Petco has always been the best pet store for us and our fur family! Customer service is great and the extra classes and services they offer to the customers is excellent! Not to mention, they are right down the street from our house so we can walk there with our dogs!

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

My favorite thing about Petco online is the free shipping. You don't need to spend a certain amount and you don't need a promo code! If you have never tried it you should because the first order of your repet delivery is 30% off!

Allison Driggs Salt Lake City, UT

We own a bearded dragon and frequent petco often to get crickets to feed him and supplies for his care. Everyone is always friendly and available to help with whatever needs I have. I think they are knowledable and available which you can’t always say about big stores. I recommend petco to all pet owners.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

We started our aquarium hobby with petco and we have found everything we need and replaced parts and added accessories and gotten great advice and saved tons of money. We are so happy with the selection of fish and fun things to make our aquarium spectacular!!

Faith Camano, WA

Petco is the best place if you’re looking for some new treats or toy for you’re pet wether it be a dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, fish, and many more. I love getting my dog new treats and toys! Petco has a good variety and are very welcoming to people and pets!

MaKayla Christiansen Provo, UT

I have a pet parakeet and Petco helped me find exactly what I needed for my cute little bird. It was my first time owning one and they had everything I needed to keep my bird happy. I always use petco to get my Budgies needs.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I buy a lot of pet stuff and Petco and always find great stuff. I also love how they are always doing adoption Saturdays because it gives people a chance to save animals. They are a part of a great cause and they have great products. Love their employees as well.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

Always have a good experience going to Petco. Their staff is really helpful, and I can tell they treat all of their animals good. However, their items are pretty expensive, so I always have to check other places before I go there because a lot of times they don't have the lowest prices. Overall, a good shopping experience if you can find their reasonably priced items.

Julio Santos Oxford, MA

10:50am called Petco (877.738.6742), foreign rep "Fan" answered, indicating the order can't be canceled since it's been shipped. Argued w/ the rep that the shipment may have been processed, but that it's still in Petco's possession, not yet picked up by UPS (tracking shows "Shipment Ready for UPS"), so it's not yet in UPS' possession, and the order needs to be canceled with a full refund back to my credit card. rep indicated she can't cancel the order herself, put in a request to have the order cancelled, and for me to return the order if I should be in receipt of it today. asked rep how I would receive it today if it hasn't even been shipped out, and that we need to find someone to cancel the order if she can't do it, whether it's a spvr or director, and that I don't want to waste my time with someone else that can't cancel the order. rep advised no spvr available at this time, will have one call back on the home tn when they're available. Non-one ever called back again after she got me off the phone.

meems 2catsmom Burbank, CA

ordered online to be picked up at store (the Petco located at Missouri and Westwood). payment for order was to include $5.00 rewards credit when i went to pick up the order 3 cans were missing and i was told that the store did not have them in stock- i asked about credit and was told that it would be on my credit card. IT ISNT !!!!!!! not only that, i was given a rewards credit of $3.05 - not $5.00 as indicated on my order.... so basically you have screwed me out of almost 4.00 on my credit card and another $1.95 on my rewards. this is really crappy service and i will copy and paste this for Yelp reviews. wish there were a zero-star rating......

GyrlGeorge * McKinleyville, CA

Originally I’d given Petco 5 Stars, as I like my local store, but now I’ve dropped it to one Star unfortunately. I do feel bad in doing so but I’m upset and angry! I purchased a dog sofa ( I know I know!) for $289 . I chose Petco over everywhere else because they had the best price, and if there were any issues I figured I could go to my local Petco for help. Well Petco decided to over ride or just plain ignore my address and sent it to an old address where I haven’t lived in years! When I placed my order I certainly had my correct shipping and billing address (obviously) and I purchased this through PayPal using PayPal credit and they certainly have my correct address. Now this is where I get really pissed off . Ok, mistakes get made right? So I call them and the lady on the phone says “Well that’s the address we have for you” . She made it sound like it was my fault.! Places the blame on me! I’m online looking straight at my Petco profile while I’m speaking with her and my address is correct, and nowhere in my account information does my old address even exist! So she tells me all they can do is TRY to get UPS to go back and get it and return it to Petco and then I will get a refund! Unbelievable! This isn’t UPS’s fault. Why would they want to do this? So it’s been over a week and NOTHING has been done. I’ve no idea where the , I’m assuming, very large box is. Did the folks it was delivered to just keep it? I’m definitely getting the feeling Petco doesn’t give a *&$# about this. It’s $289 ! This is a LOT of money! So I’m going to turn it over to PayPal. Hopefully they can shake Petco down to refund my money. And I’ll have less aggravation. Listen up Petco! It’s the way you handled this error ( YOUR error) that angers me. Placing the blame on the customer! Leaving this up in the air hoping somehow magically the box will be returned to you and then be so kind to refund my $289. NO I DO NOT RECOMMEND PETCO

Carol East Stroudsburg, PA

I signed up for repeat delivery and the website said the price was guaranteed for each subsequent delivery. I was given a 20% discount off my first shipment which was great. 2nd shipment came on time and at the right price. Shipments 3 & 4 came in at almost double the price. I called Cust Svc and was told "sorry there was a price increase" nothing we can do. They don't notify you of the price increase, they don't confirm any pricing on repeat deliveries or their email confirmations. They are engaged in deceptive business practice by luring in a customer in and then overcharging them. I didn't even have the option to cancel my order! And they absolutely refuse to refund $7.00+ on each shipment. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Maria Honolulu, HI

Don't ever buy anything from Petco.com. I ordered a six month supply of Heartgard ($33) and Nexgard($101) last month. The Heartgard expires in May 2021. Fine. The Nexgard expires 12/19. Why? By the time I give my dog the last pill it is already old. They are trying to unload old stuff and it is not acceptable. Pharmacy items are usually at least good for one year. I just bought the same thing locally and it is good until April 2021. It costs more to buy it here but at least I can see if the product is still good. That's the problem with ordering online.You have no control of expiration dates. I called Petco.com several times (8 by now), each time a different person would just say they will look into it. Their website says easy returns? After each call they send a survey to ask how they did. Duh? Finally spoke to a supervisor who said pharmacy items cannot be returned or exchanged. THEN DON'T SEND ME OLD STUFF! Then he said he might be able to give me a 50% refund. Really? Are you kidding me? After spending thousands of dollars in your store the last three years? Sorry Petco but you just lost a very good customer.

catherine San Diego, CA

So, I'm a pals member and have shopped here forever. I buy a few fish a week ago and one didn't look right off the bat. It dies a couple days later. They have a 30 day return policy. This fish was only $3-4. I called ahead of time as this location was not the closest one to me and was assured they could look up the receipt on my pals card to just bring the fish in. I go there and the girl at the cash register say's I have to have a water sample. I told her I called and no one mentioned that and I drove a distance. She says she has to check and can she help other customers? I went to look for my dog food, take a look to see if they even still have that type of fish. Every tank has dead fish in it. I go back to the cashier and she says the manager is too busy to look up my pals account and tries to give me the dead fish back and tells me to come back another time!!! I told her to throw it away - that it will cost more for gas than the fish is worth. Then she says "have a nice day". How passive aggressive can you get. I didn't think Petco was stupid enough to loose a customer (with three dogs and a pond) over $3. Supposedly you can return opened food and such so why be so stupid about fish? Clearly their water quality is awful so why question mine? I have a large tank and the other fish are all healthy. I'm shopping at Petsmart from now on. Cancel that repeat delivery on the dog food, etc.

Kathryn Anchorage, AK

I made a purchase of dog items online. Each price was a good deal and there was a promotion going on if you spend more then $65 you get $10 off. Great! When I got the emailed receipt everything was a different price! Every item was at least 10% more! And I didn’t get the $10 discount either. I thought it was just a computer error. Ok it happens but the only way to contact Petco is to call them. I called and waited for someone to pick up for over 1.5 hours! I was told it was an error. Ok fine just fix it. I was told they can’t fix it until the items ship. The associate would make a note and adjust it when it goes through but they never did! I had to call again and wait another 1.5 hours! I’m tired of the bait and switch!

kpick Kansas City, MO

On 2/15/19 I contacted Dr. Fosters letting them know I did not need my auto-ship order sent due to a move. They assured me the order would not ship. Then on 2/19 when the Petco and Dr. Fosters systems merged Petco automatically placed three separate orders for the auto-ship item that I requested not be shipped in the first place. I called them immediately and requested that they cancel those unauthorized orders and refund my money. On 2/24 I received an email from a Petco representative assuring me the orders had been cancelled. On 2/27 I inquired again to the status of my refund. I was told to be patient and wait at least 7 days. 3/7 I call Petco because no refund had been processed, and was told be patient because they just sent the cancellation request over on 3/6. 16 Days after the initial request had been made and a week after I had received a confirmation email stating the orders were indeed cancelled. I was again told to be patient, and I would get my money back (for unauthorized orders) once the orders had indeed cancelled. When I told the supervisor I would reach out to the company via other methods and most likely they had lost a customer I was told the other methods would not work any better than speaking to her because those other departments just report to her anyway.

Carol Smith Bellaire, TX

I hate to leave 1 star. I guess the 1 is for the girl who cut my dogs toenails. The worst grooming manager in this dept. I had issue with him last time when I made an appt with him for grooming. I brought my dog at the correct time when this grooming manager said he couldn't groom my dog maybe for the entire day even though I had an appt. At that time the store manager was good. The manager talked with the grooming manager about the appt issue and it was corrected to my satisfaction. I have now been taking my dog in only for toenail cuts and anal openings. I had paid 10.00 for these treatments over 3 visits. Today I went in and found this awful grooming manager. He said I would need to pay double this. That there were notes in the system about my behavior. I just couldn't believe it. Then he refused to take my dog even though my dog was hurting with a broken toenail. He escorted my dog out. Unbelievable!! I then talked to the store manager who was no help like the previous store manager had been. I finally asked the store manager if they could just cut my dog's toenails since she was hurting. I got them to cut the toenails, but if Petco ever sees my face again, it will just not happen. Petco is keeping a File on you and can make up anything they want. What a way to deface a customer !! Store manager was just not a good store manager. He had no authority !!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

They have a good selection of items for pets. They are also full of information to pet owners and how to do certain things. They are easy to use and ordering and shipping is easy as well.

Loyal customer Greeley, CO

There is nothing wrong whatsoever with the store, however one employee, Denise, is nothing but rude to us when we come in for crickets. She huffs when we ask for specific amounts, she will go help other customers after being asked to get crikets making us wait for the crickets and then shakes them around while she brings them up. Every other employee is very nice but Denise is rude and it's getting really old. We are regular customers at the store and she makes the visit very annoying l.

Mark DuFine Charlotte, NC

This grooming salon is a DANGER to your pets. On 3 occasions I have not been contacted for hours that my pet was ready for pickup. My dog was in the kennel for that period of time (3 hours) when he could be out and about at home. My most recent event with this salon was for a simple bath. I checked that my number was correct and told the groomer I would have my cell with me for a quick pickup. After multiple hours I contacted the store. After a bit of shuffling they said my pet had been ready for a while. I asked why no phone call. The girl stated that they had called my cell and it went to voicemail. Interesting because there was no incoming call and my voicemails are transcribed as well as recorded. I asked who called and they couldn't tell me. I told her I would address this when I came to the store, if she could find out who called. Upon my arrival the groomer handed me the receipt for payment. I again questioned who called me as I didn't receive a call. The groomer Jordan had no clue what I was talking about. I went to pay and discuss this with the store manager. While I was waiting to pay Jordan came out with my dog and told me in fact no one called and he should have. I first asked why someone would lie to me on the phone saying that they had called when they hadn't. I attempted to explain that this was the third episode (and final one) of this occurring. Jordan just looked off into the distance and was not paying attention to me so I told him I would speak with the manager. Speaking with the manager was also a worthless effort. Rather than taking a moment to acknowledge a system problem that was brought to his attention he kept asking me if I was signed up for text messaging. Yes I was but my question here is why are you throwing this back on me even if I wasn't. If they didn't CALL ME do you think they were going to TEXT ME? I couldn't get him off this train of thought. At any rate he said he would look into it and call me back. No call backs in 2 days. I spoke with corporate customer service line. They took the information and said they would turn it over to the store manager. I told them I spoke with him and he didn't get that he had a problem. They then assured me that they were interested and would have the district manager call me Monday. When best? Anytime. Guess what...you guessed it. No call from anyone at Petco. For a company that claims they care they have yet to prove that to me. Petco let me ask you this question? In the past few weeks one of your competitors was in national news. Not for their good service or goodness to pets. For pet deaths and injury. You may be headed down the same path leaving animals in kennels for prolonged periods of time. Those of us who try to inform you of problems are just ignored.

Monica Gambino Kansas City, MO

The adoption group that facilitates at their Round Rock location located in Texas. My son adopted a precious kitten back on Xmas Eve 2017. It was obvious he was sick in some kind of way. He was sneezing and stuff would come out of his nose and mouth. And then just well later they were told he had a deathly diesase and would have to be put down. His name was SchoolBoy. A little tiger stripped bundle of joy. He passed away from this diesase on Valentine's day this year. It was horrible.. one of the hardest things I have had to endure. My point is, is that I don't feel this adoption group are telling the truth. I think they are getting the money from this adoptions and are knowing adopting out sick animals. I have made contact with them. They offered to refund half of what my son paid to adopt SchoolBoy. It's not about the money, it's about a little kittens life, and other animals lives. They claim to not keep records. Vet records and adoption records. Well I have never heard of that in my life. I think they should be investagted. I am sure the IRS and pet groups would be interested in knowing where the money from contributions and donations are going. Makes me wonder....so sad in KC. We love and miss that little boy ..???

Mike East Elmhurst, NY

Went in to petco in Jackson Heights to buy a dog clipper, found one I liked and asked the male clerk to get one from the case. It took him 10 minutes to find the key so he could open the case. After he finally was able to open the case I reached for the clipper, he said no u can’t have it. My comment was “do you think I will steal it” he said yes and stormed away. I’m a 60 year old male and got quite disturbed from the comment of this clerk. Luckily there is Amazon where I can buy my pet food in the future.

Philip Mau Carbondale, IL

The managers dont care about their employees. Petco is possibly the worst place to work for. I am a veteran and decided to help out my local petco saltwater section. I did all I could and turned the whole fish section around. I was employee of the month and never got a bad mark for the year that I worked there. One day a cat tree goes on sale and a bunch of customers buy one. I ask my manager if it's ok to buy one, she said yes. Our GM at the store didn't care about his employees at all, because he received any email stating that employees are not allowed to buy the cat tree, but failed to tell a single other manager or employee. I ended up getting fired because of this and Los prevention is charging me $500 for the cat tree. I'm so glad Petco treats ours veterans like this.

Jerry McCahan Tyrone, PA

Number one, they will charge you 2 times what you would pay buying the exact name brand items as you would ordering it from site like amazon. Example: API Stress Zyme plus 16oz bottle is $14.69 from Petco. The exact same thing on amazon cost $11.39. That’s just that one item. Everything is priced like this. Second: they have phone numbers on their own websight that are for customer service. I had to search the internet for half an hour and call four different numbers till I finally got through to a real working number. The first three numbers would ring, have a machine or recording say they have to redirect you, and once it does, you get nothing but a busy sound. I called all three numbers several times each. After I finally got through to a real number, I was on hold for 30 minutes. The reason for my call was to cancel my order I placed on a Monday night around 8pm. By 9pm I was able to finally talk to someone. I explained I ordered freshwater shrimp for my aquarium, but realized I still needed to buy some other products before getting the shrimp. He said he would try to cancel it but I waited to long to call in and he may not be able to cancel the order. He asked me to wait on hold again, and I said ok. He got back to me in a few minutes saying they were sold to me by a third party, even though I bought them from petco’s website. He also said it was already sent to the warehouse and he would have to put me on hold so he can put in for a cancellation hoping it goes through. After twenty five minutes of waiting and hearing him take other calls, he heard me getting upset and all the sudden was back on the phone saying he was done. He asked if that was it and I said no. I asked how I would know if it is canceled or not. The line went silent for a second, so I said by email, phone call, and he said email. When all said and done I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes trying to cancel an the 8 minute spent ordering four shrimp and a koi swordtail fish. Third, I payed for a next day air on this order which cost more than the shrimp did. So the next day I check hoping they got my order canceled, and surprise, no email saying sorry, we got your cancellation order to late to stop it. Nothing even saying I tried to cancel my order was sent to my email. But I did have a UPS email stating they got my package sometime around 11am, saying it would be here on the next day. That would be a Wednesday since Tuesday was the day I got the email stating it would be here on 12/6/17. So seeing they never canceled my order. I got a small aquarium out, put in water, an air pump and stone, and a water heater so while I was at work my family could put them in that tank till I got home. I also got ready early and went to Petco before work, a forty five minute drive, so I could buy all the items needed to take care of the shrimp. They never showed up. Now coming to the forth problem, the next day air lie. If your like me, you believe next day air means exactly what it says. So today I call the same number I did when I so called tried to cancel my order. Once again on hold waiting for 23 minutes for customer service. Same guy answered but tried to act like it was his associate who spoke to me on Monday. I explained what was going on and said I would like my money back that I paid for” next day air.” I had to explain I still did not have my order and was only calling for a refund for my shipping charge. After several more minutes explaining what I want, he finally put me on hold. After only three minutes he gets back to me saying that the order was still considered under the next day air shipping rights. I asked how an order made Monday night, A UPS email on Tuesday at 11:52am stating it would be here on Wednesday, and now being Thursday at 1:30pm was still next day air. Then I said f-it, keep my money but it will be the last you get from me and I’ll be posting everything on there reviews, and hung up. When I receive my order I will be posting that info to as I’m sure they are dead.

Liubov Oyster Bay, NY

I placed an order in Petco for 3 positions, one of them was prescription food. I received my order after 3 working days but without prescription food. Inside the package was information that second part will be delivered later. To the next day, I contacted customer service and they wrote me that part of my order was delayed because they couldn't contact a clinic. Nobody has contacted me although I left my phone and email! I sent the prescription to Petco email and operator in customer service wrote me that order will be shipped during 24hours. When delivery date appeared in my account I stayed at home whole day, but I didn't receive my order. When I checked information in my account status of delivery was "Attempt - Lock Out / No Access" and date of delivery was changed on tomorrow. I want to notice that I had other deliveries that day and have not any problems with them. I was at home the next day all day but I have not received my order again. Status of my order was changed on "Delivered to Sender". I have waited two days and I have received nothing! My order was not delivered after 6 working days! I canceled my repeated delivery and placed it in another shop. I will recommend this shop nobody!

Erika

*** PETCO FALSE/ERROR ADVERTISEMENT ** Encouraging you to read the visitors posts that were left on Petco's page for false advertising sale items. On Sunday, July 16, 2017, Petco had an online sale with some items that were discounted up to 99% off (they were listed with the discounted prices on petco.com all day Sunday), so a lot of us did the obvious and grabbed those deals. After chatting with some of people, I found out that some of us called to confirm the price/transactions and Petco said the transactions look good, and they would be sent once they receive them. Well without notice Sunday night and through out the day Monday they cancelled orders, they did this little by little without posting anything on Petco FB page, stating what happened and what they were going to do about it, or at least just say, "apologize it's an error and we are going to refund your money." But no, instead we just had to wait to see if we did or didn't get ours cancelled, because some people did get their selected items on Monday morning. Now personally speaking, I understand that it was an error and they changed their mindset in not honoring price listed, but at this point, I'm just posting this to bring awareness as to how unprofessional Petco has been with us. We have received different answers, some people were still able to get the price and the rest of us our transactions were cancelled, or others went to the store to find out if they would or wouldn't honor the price match. Some people were offered a different discount % and others were told if they wanted the item they had to pay full price. And the list can go on n on, so you are more than welcome to take a moment and read some of the posts that begin on Sunday. **As of today Petco has not posted a notice to provide us any information in regards to this issue, and to the date some people have not been refunded on their credit card transactions, and customer service is very rude. I'm pretty sure Petco lost a lot of customers... you should have been more open with us and admitted your wrongdoings, and not keep us hanging... https://www.facebook.com/Petco/posts_to_page/

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

Petco is a pretty nice pet store. The people who work there are always very friendly and knowledgeable. I'd say their stuff is a bit expensive, but high quality for the most part. We did have one incident like ten years ago. We bought our son a pet rat from there. This Petco only carried female rats. A few days later the rat had 12 babies. We were not prepared for this at all.

Quen Wilson Provo, UT

Petco offers a wide range of product for whatever animal you have at a low affordable price. They're always the first place I go to fill all my pet needs or spend a day looking at the animals.

Chelsea Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I don't have a pet, and my situation doesn't allow me to, however I love to bring my little ones to pet stores to look and experience animals. We aren't annoying and mostly look, but some pet stores are rude and grumpy to us. Petco has always been kind and encouraging to us to take our time and enjoy looking at animals. Thanks!

Ms. Joachim

I have always enjoy shopping for my puppy at PETCO as well as taking him there to be groomed. I took my puppy there on yesterday 3/2/2013 to be groomed and when it was time to pick him up from being groomed, I paid for the grooming as well as purchased a new collar for him. I failed to try on the collar while we were in the store, and only realized that it didn't fit when I got home. Having been a repeat customer and Pet Pals member for many, many years, I didn't see any problem in me returning / exchanging the collar for the right size. My only shortfall was that I didn't have the receipt for my purchase. I got to the register and stated my issue to the cashier who called me up to his register. The cashier immediately "We technically don't exchange or refund pet collars w/o a receipt". I said where does it say that? He immediately asked the cashier next to him to hand him the sign reading their return policy. Once I read it, I asked for him to "go get his manager. He left and headed to the back or the store some where". About five minutes later, he came from around the corner asking me if I " had a Pet Pals account"? I said "yes, I do"? I also asked him "Why didn't he ask me if I had a Pet Pals Account in the first place"? He was being escorted from around the corner with the manager of duty (a female) It was around 1pm in the day when I attempted to exchange the collar for the right size. The manager stated that "normally we don't make exchanges or refunds w/o the receipt". I said "I now understand that, however my issue is that I never took the collar out of the package, and the cashier never attempted to provide true customer service to me. He could have gotten my Pet Pals Account which would indicate that I did make the purchase only the day before". This was extremely disappointing to me, because it indicates that if I didn't ask for the manager, this extra step wouldn't have been applied. Could it be that the cashier didn't know the process to provide full customer service to their customers? Tough to say; but the cashier was very stern and rude when I initially told me "I wasn't able to exchange the item". It didn't end there....... I provided my phone number for them to double check my account status and the manager told the cashier to go see if the purchase is listed on my account from yesterday. I repeated my phone number to the cashier twice, because it appeared that he was flustered and unable to write it down correctly the first time. He started to walk off to check on the information, and then stopped in his track to ask me for the SKU!# for the item I purchased. My immediate thought, now you want information from me. WHY!!!!!! I thought your store policy was to not return items w/o a receipt. And in fact, I if I did purchase the item, it would have the correct SKU# listed on my purchase history. So don't ask me for anything else. If your store policy is to provide full support to all customers, I don't feel that I receive that either from him or from his manager; who was on duty. This store has lost a customer and the ability to service my dog in the future. Morale to this story, is to provide equal service to everyone, not pick and chose who will receive what service. A VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER..... ANBOUT TO BOUNCE.

Elyse C Silverman Myrtle Beach, SC

I haven't had a problem with the store, but online isn't good at all! It started when I asked to be notified when something I was interested in was back in stock (actually 2 things). Then I placed my order & they had a promotion going on for extra pals rewards that I didn't receive & have been chasing them to give that to me, even though I was told I was going to get it...I'm still waiting. I got my order, tried to call them a few times & had trouble simply getting through. My order was messed up, somethings were opened (seal was open) & other things were clearly used. When I did speak with a rep, I was told the ONLY way I could return to store was by an e-mail but I can't print it & don't have internet on my phone...I couldn't speak with a supervisor then either because call volume was SO high & I have already written asking for a call from a supervisor or manager so we will see if I ever get a call from one now. NOT GOOD!