NomNomNow all started with Dr. Justin Shmalberg’s dedication to his dog, Liberty. Liberty suffered from intractable seizures and after trying conventional medicine — which was of little help — Dr. Shmalberg decided to try a combination of conventional care and complementary treatments. Happily, after being given a natural diet and supplements, as well as lifestyle changes, Liberty’s health drastically improved.

Dr. Shmalberg’s mission is to help pet owners find the best integrative health solutions for their pets. The core philosophy behind NomNomNow is that the best medicine for pets is preventative medicine — a concept grounded in nutrition, wellness, and a natural approach.

The Good

• Pre-Portioned Meals
  • NomNomNow for Dogs
  • NomNomNow for Cats
  • Variety Pack
  • Care-Grade Guarantee

Pre-Portioned Meals

NomNomNow goes above and beyond for pets because that’s what they deserve. The company provides pre-portioned meals that are prepared, delivered, and served fresh. The meals are even perfectly portioned to meet a pet’s unique calorie and nutritional needs.

Simply fill out the online form by giving your pet’s weight, age, activity level, and any health issues. Then select from one of NomNomNow’s dog or cat recipes and that’s it. NomNomNow will provide a free nutrition consultation to ensure a pet’s needs are being met.

Everything from NomNomNow is made from fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients that are never frozen. NomNomNow inspects every ingredient and if it doesn’t meet the companies standard, it won’t be used in the recipe.

Pet owners don't have to worry about how much to give their playful pup or their frisky feline. All meals are portioned based on Dr. Shmalberg’s recommendations, then measured and sealed in their own bags.

Meals are delivered free of charge just days after being prepared. Pet owners just need to store the meals in their fridge or freezer until they are ready to serve. Pet parents can choose from the following delivery frequencies:

• Weekly: Most Frequent
    • 14 meals per delivery
  • 2 Weeks: Most Popular
    • 28 meals per delivery
    • One delivery every two weeks
  • 4 Weeks: Best Value
    • 56 meals per delivery
    • One delivery every four weeks
    • Free shipping

Depending on whether customers are ordering for a cat or a dog, the weight of each meal will change.

NomNomNow for Dogs

Dog owners looking for the best food for their dog will be pleased to hear that NomNomNow exceeds AAFCO standards for dog food formulation for all life stages. Dogs will enjoy real, whole food ingredients and perfectly portioned meals. Take a look at the following NomNomNow dog food recipes to find out what goes into these healthy meals:

Heartland Beef Mash:

• All natural and gluten free
  • Ground beef: Provides protein, vitamins, and minerals for strong bones
  • Potatoes: Energy producing and potassium-packed
  • Carrots: Vitamin A — and more — for keeping eyes healthy
  • Peas: Fiber, Vitamin A, C, K, and B6
  • Egg: Protein, calcium, iron, and zinc
  • Fish Oil: Omega fatty acids for a healthy coat

Tasty Turkey Fare:

• Gluten free
  • Ground turkey: Excellent source of protein
  • Brown rice: Carb and mineral morsels to keep up energy
  • Carrots: Vitamin A — and more — for keeping eyes healthy
  • Spinach: Full of dietary fiber, vitamins, folate and manganese
  • Egg: Exactly the protein, calcium, iron and zinc dogs need
  • Fish oil: Omega fatty acids for a healthy coat

NomNomNow for Cats

Cat owners looking to satisfy their cat’s unique dietary needs can find high protein, naturally high water, and better ingredients from NomNomNow’s feline meal plans. NomNomNow includes the two following meals for cats:

Chicken Chow-Meow:

• Chicken thigh, breast, and liver: Tasty source of protein, vitamins, and minerals (iron, copper, vitamin D)
  • Asparagus: Excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium to keep any cat’s heart healthy
  • Carrot: Beta carotene serves as an antioxidant
  • Spinach: Boosts the immune system and strengthens the digestive system
  • Cantaloupe: Packed with beta carotene, potassium, amino acids, and antioxidants — plus that melon flavor cats can’t resist

Flavorful Fish Feast:

• Tilapia: Protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids for a luxurious coat
  • Salmon: More omega-3s, vitamins, and minerals — plus a tasty flavor cats love
  • Beef fat: A source of choline and unsaturated fatty acids for a healthy coat and skin
  • Yuca: Calcium, vitamin C, and minerals galore for strong bones
  • Carrot: Beta carotene serves as an antioxidant

Variety Pack

NomNomNow realizes that not every pet parent is ready to sign up for a subscription right away. That’s why the company offers dog owners to try the Variety Pack. The Variety Pack contains 150g bags of all four of the dog recipes — Heartland Beef Mash, Tasty Turkey Fare, Chicken Chow-Wow and Porkalicious Potluck. Each Variety Pack is only $15, and there is no subscription necessary.

Each variety pack includes:

• Vet nutritionist formulated recipe containing human-grade ingredients cooked fresh every week by a professional chef
  • Four unique recipes per pack, each 150 grams and vacuum sealed
  • Meals will be received in a cold, insulated box
  • Can be served as a full meal for small dogs or mixed with existing food

Care-Grade Guarantee

If a pet owner doesn’t see any results or benefits from the NomNomNow fresh diet after 30 days of feeding, the company urges customers to contact them via email within the first 10 days of the 30th-day feeding. NomNomNow will reimburse the customers up to $40 of their next food purchase upon receiving valid proof of purchase of an alternative product.

The Bad

• Little Shipping Information
  • Can Get Pricey
  • Only Delivers to the Continental U.S.

Little Shipping Information

NomNomNow gives little information about shipping or delivery information. The Terms of Service simply states that all orders for delivery are sent through third-party carriers and that NomNomNow may change the delivery zones at any time and without notice.

Can Get Pricey

Purchasing quality ingredients and having them delivered for a pet is going to cost more than buying food in bulk from a local store. NomNomNow also has recurring payments, so customers who would like to cancel need to do so before the day their payment is taken out in order to not be charged.

Only Delivers to the Continental U.S.

NomNomNow delivers to all of the 48 states in the continental U.S. Customers who live outside the service areas are advised to send NomNomNow an email and the company will notify them of when their area will be serviced.

The Bottom Line

NomNomNow is an excellent option for pet owners wanting to try a cat and dog food delivery service that provides pets with meals packed with the nutrients found in fresh ingredients. However, before committing to a subscription, pet parents might want to check out if NomNomNow delivers to their area and take into consideration the costs of buying vet nutritionist formulated recipes.

Many other pet food companies lack the vitamins and minerals that pets need to live a long and happy life. With NomNomNow, each meal is freshly prepared, vacuum sealed, and shipped in an insulated box. Pet owners can subscribe and have the meal packs delivered every week, every two weeks or every four weeks, but for pet owners who want to try out the product before signing up, a Variety Pack option is available for $15.

We recommend pet owners looking for a natural pet food delivery service look into NomNomNow.

Lorenzo South
August 20th, 2019 Rancho Santa Fe, CA DETAILS

NomNomNow is a wonderful option for dogs and cats. It’s fresh, personalized and they deliver. My cat Stacey and dog Griffin both receive a box of food every other week and they love it. I tell all my friends about it as this is the future. I looked at a few other options but NomNomNow has the best reviews and we are very happy after five months.

Pamela
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

The quality of food seems very good, but the cat has a lukewarm response. Our vet says the food is good with his medical condition but felt strongly each packet should be labeled with an expiration date. She also noted the use of fruits/vegetables for a feline diet is not needed and is filler or for aesthetic reasons. The customer service staff is superb and usually quite responsive. However, I will gradually transition my cat off this food because of their multiple issues with missing deliveries. While the company did credit me, they refuse to use another shipping carrier and the one they use in my region is known for its unreliability although they are much cheaper. In addition to not receiving orders or receiving them late and unusable, NomNomNow indicated they can't even change the day of the week so if its late its not a weekend where we may be away. Their high cost warrants better reliability

Chelsea
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

The product is good, my cats both really like it. When it is delivered it's usually boderline starting to warm up, it would be nice if there was maybe a little more dry ice or something. I've had to throw away some packets because of this. It's also expensive.

Barb Rhodes
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Very happy! Good product! I only wish their cat food had lower phosphorus

Anna
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

It's a great company and my cats love the food!

J Kennedy
June 11th, 2019 DETAILS

Game changing! Our two cats couldn''t be happier and are markedly healthier looking once we switched - genuinely makes you wonder what they put in tinned food

Tamra Rocsko
June 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Great cat food that is not processed and costs less than high end processed canned food. Outstanding customer service.

Mira
May 29th, 2019 Pasadena, CA DETAILS

It really makes the difference giving my cats fresh food. I think they could improve their packaging but overall I'm satisfied. There is sometimes a delay getting through to customer support.

John
May 29th, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS

My dog really likes it. There has been a lot of issues with the packaging not having the correct food but other than that they do have results. I like that also offer cat food.

Lisa Wishers
May 28th, 2019 Boston, MA DETAILS

I love NomNomNow and my cats and dogs love it too. I love that it is fresh human-grade food that I could eat myself if I wanted to. The previous kibble I was feeding looks so gross compared to this. I've seen some benefits from my pets in terms of more energy and I'm sure there will be long term health benefits from eating much better food.

Stephanie
May 24th, 2019 Vista, CA DETAILS

I purchased this to get a better diet for my cats. I like that it's easy to prepare and that I can give my cats what they deserve in their daily diet. I have two cats that enjoy it, and one that doesn't care for it as much, but will seat some on occasion. I had one delivery that went bad in transit, and the cats tried to eat it, but would toss up. After that they would not even touch the fish from this delivery. The company did give me a $10 discount on my next purchase but I had to throw the entire shipment away. I just wish that had done a little bit more, since I have been with them for over a year at this point. I also wish there was more variety for the cat food - like different kinds of fish. I often find myself supplementing what they give us for a little bit of variety in their diet. On the plus side my cats absolutely love their jerky treats!

Tonka Malls
January 22nd, 2019 Del Mar, CA DETAILS

Great dog food unlike anything you have probably fed your dog before. My sister in law recommended this food to me after their dog and cat loved the food. I did some research and NomNomNow has really good reviews, so I ordered a weeks worth of food and my dog has been so happy after 6 months on it. He has a lot more energy and really enjoys food again!

Kendall Holbrook
January 15th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I have been feeding my cat, Jack, NomNomNow for a while now. At first he was hesitant to try it, but knowing what picky eaters cats can be, we stuck with it and kept feeding it to him. Luckily NomNomNow's customer service team was available to offer helpful tips to help make the transition as smooth as possible for Jack. I'm so glad we stuck with it, because my sweet boy finally enjoys his food. He's a large cat weighing in around 15lbs. Instead of packing on pounds from extra carbohydrates found in dry food, NomNomNow has helped him maintain a healthy weight. They also make treats that are safe for cats and dogs. I love that the treats are made from a single ingredient and Jack adores the chicken jerky. I recommend this product to all my friends with fur babies.

Castro Adams
January 15th, 2019 Lexington, MA DETAILS

NomNomNow has helped both my dog & cat so much in the last 8 months of feeding them fresh pet food. I fed them kibble before and it was really hard to portion the food appropriately plus it is very processed. NomNomNow cooks the food fresh and delivers it to my house. Such a better way to feed my pets!