Doctors Foster and Smith Logo

Doctors Foster and Smith

Is This Your Business?

3.2

Thomas Harper El Dorado Hills, CA

Ordered six cases of dog food. They were poorly packaged and too many in one box so the cans arrived badly dented, many near the seal. After jerking me around, they refused to refund my money. I had to file a paypal claim and notify UPS that the damage was packing and not shipping related so they can't blame UPS. Amazon would have refunded me immediately. AVOID!

Natalie W Groton, CT

Horrible customer service! I ordered a case of prescription food and while I was waiting for it my dog decided she did not want to eat it. I contacted them before it even shipped to cancel the order, but they would not cancel it. They also told me it could not be returned just because we didn't want it anymore. They offered nothing else and were very dismissive. Iw ill not buy another thing from this company. Chewy.com has excellent customer service and fast shipping. They will be my preferred site.

Marcy Wells Roanoke, VA

I placed my order on January 2nd and it didn't ship out until January 9th. This is for pet medication so I'll have to contact my vet and get additional meds to get my pups through until the pills arrive. This happens every time I order from them. Shipping may be free but it certainly isn't fast!

BeckyG Ocala, FL

My former 5 star rating has dropped because they have discontinued 2 of my favorite products, They will no longer sell the Country Classics canned dog food which I have used for several years. Also, the replacement cloth and plastic dog bed covers which were great for my incontinent dog, have also been removed from their product line.

Mlc34588 Petersburg, VA

Twice now they have elected to change their auto-ship program the day the item was supposed to ship. This time they took the cake. They called me at 5 p.m. Eastern standard Time on Friday December 21st to tell me that they were no longer going to auto ship the product I have been buying. This is really crappy business and really crappy customer service. I will have nothing to do with Foster and Smith from here out. Burned twice and not going for a third time.

Rebecca Queensbury, NY

I placed an order in the summer, cancelled autoship when my cats weren't fond of the food, and yet they sent the food again and acted like I had never cancelled in the first place! When I explained that they told me I could return the food for a refund, minus shipping. The shipping turned out to be 1/3 of the order! They literally stole from me and acted like it was my fault. Worst customer service of any pet order I've made (and I shop around).

dogmama4 El Dorado, AR

Great prices, discounts, sales and great customer service!! The company will make things right!! I love Drs. Foster and Smith!!

Matt Golden, CO

Purchased 500+ dollars worth of inverts for a large marine tank. They sent me an ammonia bomb (a bag full of dead mexican turbo snails) which wiped out the entire aquarium. Over $5000 worth of fish, coral and inverts completely wiped out in a tank that was stable for over 2 years. LiveAquaria (Doctors Foster and Smith) would not do anything to remedy the situation. I would not recommend LiveAquaria.

Heather Orange Park, FL

The prices are good and you can find some good coupons but the service is terrible. Shipping takes forever, they rarely contact you about issues, you have to guess. When you do conract them they dont keep track so you have to start over each time. For ordering Rx meds its a nightmare unless i order WELL in advance. There are just so many other companies to use.

Debbie Dlugosz Bayonne, NJ

I refilled an previous order for Heartguard on 7/11/17. They had to call my vet to refill and they finally shipped it on 7/17/17 and won't be delivered until 7/21/17. Why would a refill order take 10 days to fill? I called customer service and the lady I spoke to really didn't want to help me. So I will be ordering from somewhere else and returning this product when it FINALLY gets here. I will never use them again.... Also their prices were only 2 dollars cheaper than anyone else..... not worth it if your dog needs medication and you have to wait 2 weeks for it.

Char Walt Brevard, NC

I ordered critical pain medications a week ago. Yesterday I got an email saying they had shipped, but as of tonight the USPS site says they've only been notified that a shipment will be coming to them. A call to Customer Service got not even an apology. In the meantime, my dog is about to run out of medicine. This is the first and last time I'll use this company!

Linda Tufariello-Brenner Lake Ariel, PA

I have purchased SSSCat from you. Within the last year the price has gone from &17.99 to $30.00 which is ridiculous. I have now found this product $10.00 cheaper on Chewy.com with no shipping charges. I will be doing my purchases with them now for this product.

Denise Dee Boyd Waynesboro, VA

Products good, but CUSTOMER SERVICE is terrible! VERY disappointed as I like to do all of my shopping online. I will go back to PetSmart or will research other online pet companies. Also, I ordered a tube of toothpaste (yes, just toothpaste) on 11/29/15 and they just now charged my account for $4.20 on 2/6/16!!! I had forgotten all about it! Who has to wait almost 3 months for a tube of toothpaste!!!!????

L Healy Ventura, CA

Used to be great, now they suck with PetCo. I placed an vet scrip order last Tuesday and these idiots still haven't shipped out the order even though my vet approved it. So now my dogs won't get their monthly med on time. Oh and YOU KNOW they charged me before they even shipped it out. I will NEVER use their services again.

Melissa Glendale, CA

My pet died and although the company charged me a substantial amount in postage, they accepted the merchandise back. Another pet died this week and the company not only will not accept the merchandise back ($45), they had no compassion. Chewy.com not only refunded for merchandise, they asked me to donate it and not worry about the return.

Brenda San Marcos, CA

If I could rate this zero stars I would. I ordered 3 pieces of Mopani wood for an aquarium. It turns out I did not need the 3rd piece. I wanted to return but they would not accept unless it was defective. It was not stated clearly on the website. Very disappointed. Go to Amazon, Chewy's or Ebay. You may pay a little more, but it is worth it.

Deborah Jurgensen Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been a customer for many years but NO MORE !! They are NOT the same. They ship out old and nearly expired items that they are clearing out for good. Not toys but medical fluids !!!! When I instantly called to return I was told I had to pay shipping and a fee. I will never use them again for my animals.

recurve19 Edmond, OK

Wont be using this company. Offer you deals to take your money then waits weeks to tell you they wont be shipping your order. Then you get to wait weeks after before getting your money back. Will never order though here again.

Kristine L Kovacs Bath, PA

Placed an order 12/27. Received a tracking number 12/28. Kept checking the order to see where it is. Nothing in system. Finally today it shows they are just shipping it and I can expect it January 9th?? 2 weeks later?? If you need something fairly soon, shop elsewhere! Amazon could've had to me on the 28th for just $1 more!

Diane Gibbons Spofford, NH

Bought three dog beds from Dr Foster and Smith- two of them the covers tore at the zipper within months. They replaced one, the other one was past the 30 day warranty. Cheaply made and they didn't stand behind the product.

DJ Sheridan, WY

I realized Drs. Foster Smith was not up to its usual good customer service. Then they started deleting products I had been purchasing for years. That is when I discovered the are now PETCO. I attempted to delete my account and I was told it cannot be deleted. This does not make sense since I will never be using their "services" again.

rhino466 Rosemount, MN

I purchased a water bottle. It arrived with two different types of tape holding the packaging together. The bottle showed obvious signs of wear so I assume it was used. I posted a review almost identical to what is typed above. Today I received an email stating that they refuse to post my review.

Bradley Johnson Austin, TX

Now that Petco has bought Dr.s Fosters and Smith, the quaility dog beds are no longer available. So sad…

Chai'el Ma'etheius , GA

Bought from F&S for over 30 years and now I cannot find in any local pet stores what F&S provided.

Zandra Rise Albuquerque, NM

Killed my beautiful Westie with a sweet potato snack. And resulted in $ 1500.00 of veterinarian bills for my other Westie Brianna. I have laboratory tests that confirm this treat is the cause of their suffering

Lisa Memphis, TN

Doctors Foster and Smith was a wonderful company and then I started seeing things disappear. Found out they were now part of petco. So sad and disappointed that petco closed them permanently. Truly a huge loss.

Conned Killeen, TX

Workers unable to view shipping address on order history. When I contacted them prior to order about shipping address being different from billing address, they said no problem. They lied. They only ship to billing address.

Catrina Mathis Wasilla, AK

After calling just 15 minutes post order thwy were unable to alter my order as it had already shipped! That turns out to be a lie as they sent me the usps tracking code and it dis. Not ship till 5 hrs later.

Brian Marietta, GA

Ordered live fish from them. Most arrived dead. Nice people but difficult to get your money back. Don’t orderr live fish, they won’t make it alive!

Cliff Cincinnati, OH

I had a problem with the delivery of my most recent order. I contacted "customer service" Their response was to try and make their problem mine and give me additional work to resolve the issue. Will not shop here again.

Jennifer Galley Whitewater, WI

Great products if your order is correct, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE complete with finger pointing. Don't believe the satisfaction guaranteed, they don't care. The call center is 3rd party with access to their order system.

Eric Elliott Barton, MD

Ordered from Dr fosters and Smith since the 90s....great great great. Now,petco throws a big middle finger to all the loyal customers they had. Unreal!

Eric Houston, TX

Don’t trust them to get your medicine when you need it . They lie and do not document anything....they are a terrible company and I will NEVER use them again!!

PAUL J DUSHAY Monroe, CT

Been a customer of dfs since beginning but no more Fish always die since petco took over To bad petco does not go out of business too!

ckm San Francisco, CA

Reordered something from them and what arrived was a different size. They will not take ANY returns. Terrible vendor, just avoid them.

richard pezzimenti Danbury, CT

Outstanding customer service !!! Quality products !!

F Harris Gaithersburg, MD

I returned an unused item 4 weeks ago and am still waiting for the refund.