Doctors Foster and Smith Logo

Doctors Foster and Smith

Is This Your Business?

LAST UPDATED: November 16th, 2020

In 2015, the popular veterinarian-founded internet pharmacy Drs. Foster and Smith was acquired by Petco.

As of February 2019 Drs. Foster and Smith notified all customers that their log-in information, future orders, and recurring orders were moved to petco.com.

Petco has promised to provide the same product selection, genuine customer care, and great prices that customers received from Doctors Foster and Smith— in addition to perks such as faster shipping and 1,400+ stores nationwide.

A bit about Doctors Foster and Smith background in the pet pharmacy industry:

Over 30 years ago, four pet hospitals in Wisconsin decided to become one of the largest direct-to-your-door pet suppliers in America. Doctors Foster and Smith are committed to providing high-quality pet care at affordable prices. They have even created their own brand of pet products ranging from pet food to cat furniture. The two veterinarians that built the company, Dr. Foster and Dr. Smith, have backgrounds and experience in pet care and education. They have written books, created a television show, and maintain a non-commercial website (PetEducation.com) so people can be more informed on how best to care for pets.

Read what other pet parents are saying about Drs. Foster and Smith (below).

Petco Logo
#2 Petco chevron_right
3.6
PetSmart Logo
#3 PetSmart chevron_right

The Good

• Experience
  • Product Selection
  • Disclosed Shipping Rates

Experience

Doctors Foster and Smith have a lot of experience behind them in the pet service industry. Both doctors, co-founded the company, practiced as veterinarians and have had years of experience in taking care of and educating others on the care of pets. Their business has been around for 32 years and has experienced what pet parents are in need of most. They have grown with the industry and have had the quality customer service to keep them around and thriving.

Product Selection

Pet owners will be able to find a wide variety of products for their dogs, cats, fish, birds, small pets, and even horses. Most online pet stores don’t offer equine products (or offer a minimal selection) Drs. Foster and Smith provide hoof care products, stable supplies, equine wormers, joint supplements, and horse fence/paddock supplies.

Each of the animals provided has a wide range of products, from pet medications, food, shelter, toys, clothing, grooming, and treats to the less often found categories such as travel & containment. Each type of pet had their selection of products specific to their own needs. Also unique to their store is the variety of products from their own brand. The Doctors Foster and Smith exclusive brand has products for each of the animals provided for on the site. Their brand offers excellent quality products at an affordable price.

Drs. Foster and Smith have catalog quick order page where customers can add up to 10 products to their cart with only one click. Simply enter the prefix, item number, and the quantity.

Another useful feature offered on their site is the use of their pharmacy. They offer a full-service pet pharmacy and can fill pet prescriptions right there on the website. They do not need to go through another channel or company to get the pet medications customers need.

Disclosed Shipping Rates

Drs. Foster and Smith offer free economy ground shipping on all orders $19 or more as well as orders containing a prescription item or flea and tick control item. A low flat rate charge of $6.99 is applied to orders under $19. However, customers should be aware that the free shipping and low flat rate only applies to the economy ground shipping to the 48 connected U.S. states.

Drs. Foster and Smith offer the following shipping rates:

For orders $19 or more and orders containing a prescription item or flea and tick control item:

• Economy Ground: Free

• Expedited: $23.98
  • UPS 2nd Day Air®: $16.98
  • UPS Next Day Air®: $26.98
  • UPS Next Day Air® Saturday**: $34.97

**UPS Overnight Saturday delivery can be utilized where available based on zip code.

The Bad

• Lack of Services
  • Return Policy
  • Shipping Frustrations

Lack of Services

Because Drs. Foster and Smith only have one retail location in Rhinelander, Wisconsin; they don’t offer the same number of extra services that other pet stores do. Many pet stores offer grooming, daycares, or adoption events.

Return Policy

Pet owners unsatisfied with their purchase can return the product within 30 days. Drs. Foster and Smith partnered up with UPS to offer customers no upfront shipping fee. Once a return is received a return shipping fee of $7.99 will be deducted from the credit amount, or it can be applied as a balance to pay along with another order. Customers, however, cannot return or exchange prescription medications, and the method of a refund is determined by the original payment method.

A return form will need to be printed, in case a customer loses the original invoice. Some may find having to fill out the form for every return to be an added time-consuming step to the return process.

Shipping Frustrations

Drs. Foster and Smith’s return policy will refund 100% of the price, but they will unfortunately not return the shipping costs associated with the purchase.

Additionally, shipping fees may be added onto expedited or air orders. Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. territories will require air delivery.

The Bottom Line

Drs. Foster and Smith offer some of the highest-quality pet products for a vast range of pet owners. Animal owners will be able to find the products needed to care for the health and well-being of their pet, whether it be dry dog food or insulin and diabetes medications. Drs. Foster and Smith even have an email reminder service that helps owners never to forget to order treats or necessary medications again.  The company is very clear on its shipping prices and policies; however, some limitations might frustrate customers.

Overall, Drs. Foster and Smith have a thorough selection of animal products and offer plenty of sales and clearance items. The company features such as auto-delivery, email reminder system, and veterinary pharmacy are helpful to all types of pet owners. If any questions or concerns arise about the pet products or services, customers can contact a customer service representative through email, live chat or by phone.

Take a look at our top-rated Online Pet Stores and compare prices, shipping fees, and pet products.

2.2

PosterGirl's World Baltimore, MD

Omg! I miss doctor's Foster and Smith so bad when they merged with Petco I was so disappointed because Petco is highly overpriced and I knew that they would lose a lot of their integrity partnering with Petco. When they had their own business on their own website it was awesome they offered everything from a-z at a reasonable price and their products had good quality. I wish somehow they could get it back together and reopen their online store. Petco has ruined a business they had running for over 30 years by themselves and now we the consumers who love them and their products are suffering for it and so are our fur babies. Thanks a lot Petco!!

Nina Lorton, VA

I am very sad to hear that Drs Foster and Smith have sold out to Petco. I'm not a fan of negative comments toward any company unless they have harmed and deceived customers. I will say that Drs Foster and Smith have seen me through 4 beautiful pets, the most recent being an adorable Yorkie. I will miss the excellent customer service, the quick response and the fact that my pet needs were always in stock. Not too sure about the future with Petco, haven't been impressed with the local stores. Thank you Drs Foster and Smith. Where can I find the channel? I'd like to continue to learn about pet care. All the best to you!

VKC

So sad to find out Dr Foster & Smith have sold out to Petco, They were a very dependable company. I always ordered from them since the early 90s Dogs , Ferrets 4 birds and my baby a Great Dane 11 years had congestive heart failure and I ordered all her meds from them for about 8 months and NEVER had to miss a dose. They always had it to me fast. Loved and trusted Foster & Smith. If there was a problem with any of the meds I ordered they would call within 1 to 2 days. Now with Petco I am very unhappy, placed an order for Nexgard May 24 2019 they canceled June 6 said they contacted my vet by fax 3 times, so I called my vet and they never received a fax, confirmed fax # to both. Reorderd and had vet call in approval will see how long it will take to get order. So very unhappy to see a dependable pet supply site like Doctors Foster and Smith to go. :(

Kimberly Ehle Lake Placid, FL

The best company for dog supplies, esp. medication. I ordered a new medication for my dog and after getting approval from my vet, I then found out that I needed the meds earlier due to Hurricane Irma. I called and asked if I could change the delivery to get it in about 4-5 days and I would pay the extra. She came back on the line and informed me that the meds would be mailed to me UPS overnight and at no extra cost to me and then wished me and my family to be safe. I've used them for years for their Smart bones, but this is beyond anything I expected. They are also cheaper for meds that my vet.

John V. Lyman, SC

We have made a few online purchases over the years with Dr. Foster & Smith. Their products, prices and sales have been hard to beat. I recently received an order where one of the items was incorrect. I called their customer service who's representative was very personable. Not only did they correct the order but threw in a nice gift being close to Christmas. How wonderful was that? It's nice to know there are still great companies like this still out there and they should be proud of their company. I'll definitely continue business with them and I hope others will join me by ordering from them as well.

Diane Long Beach, NY

I bought from them for years, high quality products, never had any problems. I am very upset, loved their dog wee wee pads, I cannot find one like it. They are thick and absorbent. I bought the rubber holder that goes with them. I bought a lot when they were on sale and only have 1 package left. Other brands are cheap and flimsy. I also bought the best scratching post, it is a tripod and my cats need a new one, again, cannot find this particular product anywhere. If anyone knows where I can get these products, let me know, thanks.

Mr. L San Marcos, CA

I've been using Drs. Foster and Smith for almost 18 years, once I came across Drs. F&S they instantly become a #1 supplier of supplements for my dogs. Dealing with either digestive, or hips problems, or just nutritional supplements their pills/bites become more like treats than meds to my three generations of dogs. Now, I'm stuck like most of you on this thread loosing such reliable and resourceful one-stop-vet-shop. Anyway, big thanks and kudos to Drs F&S for everything you have done over the years for our pets.

Jackie Fort Walton Beach, FL

I am so sad to learn that I no longer have the opportunity to order from this loved and trused company We bought our first Doberman in 1987 and was introduced to Doctors Foster and Smith by the breeder. In 2018 we lost both of our senior Dobermans at 12 and 11 years old, thinking they would be our last ones, we had to no need to order from them...Until now! We just bought our 5th Doberman puppy :) and I was now looking for our tried and proven products from Doctor Foster and Smith. I am so sad because Petco is a joke! Chewy.com here we come!!

Savvy cat Knoxville, TN

This is a memorial post for Drs Foster and Smith. I started using them over 35 years ago from an overseas military post to keep up with the veterinarian info distributed through their mailed information bulletins. These veterinarians built a great company with accessible products and information. Of course, and unfortunately, this had to change through the years and the growth of mega-corporations and digital commerce. I will have to replace many of the items I used to purchase since the items have been discontinued. So long, and so sad to come into another era.

Pat Stuart, FL

I have been using Drs. Foster & Smith for over 15 years and have NEVER, EVER had one issue with them! Their website was great, prices were good and their customer service was quick and excellent. The very first order I placed with Petco was totally screwed up and their website is horrible. Sorry to see this great company was bought out. Refuse to shop online at Petco! Nothing but aggravation and headache.

susan haines New York, NY

Anything I have bought from Foster and Smith has been of top quality, i live in NYC and can find most items here, but Foster and Smith have it at a better price and it is delivered to my door. Their wee wee pads are thicker than any I have found in the city. I can easily find things such as Glandex not carried in most dog supply stores. There Customer Service that I have rarely used is attentive and positive result orientated. Cant ask for more

Robin Thomas Newark, DE

I've been ordering from www.drsfostersmith.com for 4+ years and have always received excellent products, reasonable shipping length / costs. I just had a great experience with customer service in regards to returning an item that was too small. Their inventory provides many more options than my local pet stores and their prices are lower. Plus they work well with my vet to fill prescriptions.

Linda Rodgers Rhinelander, WI

The customer service is fast and easy to deal with. The staff at Foster and Smith are extremely knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. They go above and beyond to ensure that you are happy. Shipping is fast and returns are easy as well. They have the best toys for my 2 Boxers at a great price. I also buy their brand of food for my puppies which they have a great program, buy 6 bags and the next is free. This is by far the BEST pet store I have ever dealt with.

C Lake Worth, FL

been a foster & smith customer for 20 years. great customer service. many of their prices are amazing and have not been increased in over a decade. recently ordered a mesh dog harness from them for $9 and comparable ones at petsmart are $26. their name id tags are only $3-6 including engraving. the f&s dog & cat dryfood is high quality, my pets love it. Their dog crates are about half the price you'd pay in store. I place large orders with them a few times each year to get the free shipping.. a giant 40+ pound box arrives and I spend less than $60.

Andrea J Glen Easton, WV

I always liked ordering from Dr Fosters and Smith,Polite customer service,and great responds to ordering.I would order and get my pet stuff in couple days,which they were always good about that.I liked there business and will miss them for sure.Thanks for all the years serving me and dogs.

Rich Eagle, CO

The best ever for quality and availability of wild bird products, now with Petco, that is all gone! The wild bird foods and seeds that were Dr. Foster-Smith have basically been discontinued at Petco. The products that Petco carries are trash in my mind. Sad that this happened to Dr. Foster- Smith.

Rita Winter Denver, CO

I want to thank you for reasonably priced and quality products. I was so lucky to find you. Plus, your assortment is great. I think you are simply the best when it comes to choice and quality for a loved pet. THANK YOU!!! Regards, Rita E. Winter

Tracy Oram Syracuse, NY

I ordered and recieved 2 three packs of the 3 x 1 inch silica airstones, 6 in all. One had a broken stem so I called customer service and they sent me an entire 3 pack, free of charge, in place of the defective one I still have. They didn't even want the broken one returned. I definately recommend these folks. I'll do business here more often.

Mike Park Forest, IL

Doctor Foster and Smith Was The Best Ever! Best customer service! Great people to deal with on any level. Sorry Petco, no deal here anymore. Bye but not forgotten Dr FnS. DE3MM22.

john p donahue New Braunfels, TX

Have used Dr. Foster and Smith exclusively over the years with no complaints. Their people were very helpful, and friendly with quick and free delivery. We will miss them! Not at all interested in dealing with Petco.

Diane Crites Brunswick, OH

I have been ordering pet items from this company for at least 10 years. Most importantly their premium ferret diet. It is a decent ferret food for a good price. It is the main part of my mix. Have never had a delivery issue. Have never had a customer service problem. But, lately there had been talk on facebook among the ferret community that they were discontinuing their premium ferret diet. Could not find any info about this. I emailed them and recieved a short two sentence email back. It said the food had been discontinued and they were out of stock. I wrote them back and asked what the heck was going on and why was I being lied too because they did have it in stock because I had some in my cart on their site. I did a little more research online and found that they had been bought by Petco, back in 2014. But it seems the issues have only recently started. Very confused and very disappointed in this company. I will now be purchasing my pet supplies elsewhere. :(

Murray Saint Cloud, MN

All I can say is that I enjoyed buy from Foster and Smith until they sold to Petco. I buy fish supplies, probably around $500 a year, so not a large buyer. I bought from F&S because the items were always in stock and they were much cheaper. Neither it true anymore. The out of stock is to frequent and the prices went up to the level of their retail stores. Terrible take over of a great company..... I am using Chewy now, not a big a variety as S&M had but much more reasonably priced and normally in stock. S&F did Chewy a huge favor by selling to Petco. They have run the business right into the ground in no time at all.....

AnnS Arivaca, AZ

As with so many of the comments here, I too have purchased products from Drs Foster & Smith for the last 30+ years. I labored over how many stars to give on this platform since Drs Foster & Smith deserve as many stars as possible. Petco on the other hand does not deserve any. I have relied on Drs Foster & Smith for all my dog products, parrot supplies and products for my horses for decades. So when I learned they were closing their doors and that Petco was buying them I was truly heartsick. I knew Petco would never maintain the quality, free shipping, product variety, availability and low cost, and unbelievable customer service that Drs Foster & Smith has always reliably provided year in and year out. I’ve already discovered I will no longer have a single source for my parrot food and toys, quality leather collars, beds and nutritional supplements for my dogs and annual wormers and vaccines for my horses. The care and dedication that Drs Foster & Smith, a family owned and operated company, routinely applied to their business practices and policies will never be matched by billion dollar corporations only interested in profit. I am unspeakably upset I will no longer have them to turn to when I need so many different pet supplies for my critters. It is truly a sad day when we lose companies who designed their business model around the needs of their customers and put quality of services and quality of products as their primary goal. 😢

Peggy

I ordered pet bird and wild bird supplies from this company for many years. Thier products were always top notch until they sold out to PetCo. The quality of the products declined steadily until finally, in 2019 when I got the announcement that PETCO was taking over, I was so unhappy but I finally understood the steady decline in quality of the products and lack of products I had been ordering for many years.! I have NEVER liked PETCO products for my birds as they were always way too expensive and never the good quality I got before Drs. Foster and Smith sold out. I can't find any bird products such as toys and bedding, cages that come close to the quality and price that DRs. Foster and Smith promoted. Another sellout to big business. And, I feel so sorry for the good employees who provided excellant customer service who have lost their jobs over this sellout. I guess there is no integrity left in the business world at this point. So disappointed, and PETCO will never ever get my business. BTW I own four birds and need a LOT of supplies for them.

Ursula G. Fort Lauderdale, FL

I used to order my pets' medicines from Foster and Smith and everything worked smoothly. Since they changed it to Petco the experience was a total nightmare. They could not fax, call or contact my vet for the prescription, while my vet could not get them to accept his prescription by phone. I lost 2 weeks making multiple phone calls back and forth and at the end nothing was done. I talked to 3 supervisors which were totally useless. One day they told me that my order was ready to ship. Next day they told me that my order did not have a prescription and it could not be processed. Their information is completely confusing. Also they said they were disconnected from their pharmacy department and they could not call them directly to solve the issue. I ended up cancelling the order, while my pets are due for their medicine. Do not order from these clowns. It has NOTHING to do with Foster and Smith. Petco "pharmacy" is a joke!

Sarah Kansas City, MO

The recent change to Petco to have your pets medications filled is an absolute nightmare and joke. I called in a refill for my dogs thyroid medication on 3/18/19 and have called multiple times and sat on hold for hours waiting to get answers. They told me they didn't have the order from the Dr then they told me they got it on 3/20/19 then they said the pharmacist needed to review it, then they said it would be shipped out on the 22nd or 25th and now it is tracked to be delivered on 4/2/19!!! My dog has been without his thyroid medication for far too long now and it is going to take over 2 weeks to get it from the time the order was placed and received by them. I am beyond furious. This medication is significant to the well being of my pet and it is not ok AT ALL! They told me when I placed the order that it would ship within 24-48 hours after the Dr signed the order. That is a LIE! This company SUCKS! DO NOT USE THEM FOR YOUR PETS MEDICATION NEEDS!!

Zippy Windham Center, ME

Formerly loved this company, so am extremely disappointed in what they have become. We ordered a pet carrier on sale for our 8-pound pomeranian just prior to a planned long road trip. When we went to use the carrier for the first time this morning while on the road, we discovered that its front entrance zipper was damaged, so the carrier could not be zipped closed. I called to discuss options, but they would consider only two: keep it or return it for a refund because it was a clearance item and no replacements are available. I suspect it was a broken returned item, not simply clearance, because the zipper was broken right out of the box. They were completely unwilling to simply pay the cost of repair of the zipper, which would be our preference and also less expensive for them. They were unwilling to think outside the box in any way and just stuck to the script. Will not be ordering from this company again.

Sara Manchester, CT

have never been so disappointed in the customer service I have received today. I have been in customer service myself for over 15 years and when someone is trying to explain a situation it is extremely rude for your customer service agent to speak over me. I called Monday the 28th to change my auto delivery date. When I set up the auto delivery i had two gift cards and a promo code at the time so my next purchase would only be 5.99. She said yes it is all set your card will he charged 5.99 for 12 months worth of heartguard when we hear back from the veterinarian and then when it ships it will be deducted from you account. Today received and email stating my order was denied do to payment. So I called and spoke with someone and again tried explaining my conversation to her from my Monday conversation and she was extremely rude. Spoke over, would hardly let me get a word in. I ordered a while back which gave me two $20 gift cards and which I applied to this auto refill and the promo code. She said I cannot do that, which I was unaware. So I said well you're telling me now that my two gift cards are gone because they're only good for 30 days. She agreed, and said yup exactly! I said i was not happy because I ordered things so I could receive gift cards and put them towards other purchases. She kept repeating herself and repeating herself and was absolutely rude. So I will admit I was rude back. I do not appreciate the customer service I have received and want my account cancelled. She was not willing to help me at all, look into what happened on Mondays call. So now you have lost a customer. I will be taking my business somewhere else. I will be sure to let my veterinarian as well who referred this company why I will not be using you any longer.

lucy ochoa Corona, CA

I'm so upset with this company Doctor Foster and Smith purchased 2 bags of dog food i called them to return the product do to my pets illness after eating this bad food as the ingested their bad dog food. all of it my 5 poodles were so ill i had to take them to the vet caused diarrhea for three days , after the ingested this bad food. i requested to speak to the supervisor it was almost like pulling teeth is horrible they refused to give me a refund ,then finally spoke to the supervisor , finally they offer the refund but i had to pay for postage not good. the supervisor was rude , and short not cool at all.

C. Falk Canyon Country, CA

I would have previously given them a 5 star review. I thought that they were wonderful, but their service has declined. They have discontined items and substituted items without informing me. I tried to order Feliway Cat Diffuser Refills, but could not longer find them online. I called and they gave me an updated item number, but it was for another brand, which I now discover does not properly work in the Feliway Diffuser. I called Customer Service and they would offer no any help. I ended up having to throw out 4 refills ($40.) and dispose of 2 ruined diffusers, which should have lasted another 2 months.

Tina T Englewood, CO

After reading the reviews provided about Foster & Smith I'm truly sorry I didn't do so before my first purchase. I bought an expensive ($50+) watering fountain and was very pleased with it. After using the filters for the unit that were provided and reordering two more boxes of filters I discovered that both the fountain and the replacement filters were no longer available. I was advised by "customer service" to order a filter for another fountain and "cut the filter to fit". Unfortunately the filter I need for this unit is in a plastic housing and therefore cutting another filter to fit is not possible. I purchased this fountain, in part, for the filtering benefit. I now have a fountain that has become a watering bowl with a pump. This is not what I was looking for. If you want to buy from a pet supply company that stands behind its products you need to look elsewhere. I won't be making anymore purchases from Foster & Smith in the future.

Maryann Hollywood, FL

I ordered Revolution from Drs. F & S. The package was misdelivered by USPS, and since Dr. F & S would not send another pack of Revolution, I was out $88. Shame on this company for not making good on my package AND for using USPS....the worst in the business. . I'm sure Dr. F & S send their packages insured, so I expected better when my Revolution was lost. Also, when I ordered flea med for my dog, it came from Petco. My dog continues to itch, so I question the quality of their products and how they are stored. Since this company is now Petco, we should have been advised. I am using another company now.

Danielle Evanston, IL

Never ever order any prescription from this company unless you want your pet to die. I had a critical cardiac medicine for my 18 year old cat on autoship. It was supposed to be sent December 6. When it didn’t arrive by yesterday, I called. First they said they’d called me on December 4 to notify me it was out. However, I have every email and every phone message going back months with nothing from them. They couldn’t tell me how they allegedly contacted me. Then I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with them— first asking why it was in stock now and not shipped (“because you didn’t reorder”) and then asking them to ship overnight. They refused and wanted to charge me for their error. After talking to TWO supervisors they finally caved. What a surprise it’s 9 pm and it hasn’t arrived and UPS tracking shows nothing but that a label was created. Not even shipped. I called and they won’t do anything about it. Alex, the supervisor I spoke to, actually said to me that she didn’t see why she should be held responsible for the problem! This company is heartless and completely irresponsible and cares nothing at all about your pet—just soaking you for money. Avoid them at all costs.

george noemail Schenectady, NY

I placed an order on the late evening of July 3rd. I then changed my mind on the order and looked for a cancel order button. None to be found. I then used the support email as directed and sent a polite email stating that it was my fault for changing my mind but could they please cancel my order. I received an email on July 4th (around noon) stating that they could not cancel the order because it was already shipped. I contacted chat support and asked for clarification because UPS doesn't ship on the 4th of July (holiday). They said "oh well UPS leaves trucks at our place and we fill them and your order is already on the truck". I could see I was getting nowhere. I just received an email stating that my order was just packaged and being shipped USPS. Now I am certain that USPS does NOT leave a vehicle parked at their warehouse. I sent a cancel email within 15 minutes of placing the order and they simply do not want to cancel it because they either think I will just keep it or they just can't be bothered to stop the order. I will be returning the items even if I am forced to pay the $8 return shipping and will never order from them again. Again it was my fault for changing my mind but I have NEVER had this kind of service from the big retailer that starts with an "A". I will find everywhere possible to repeat this review.

Leah Loveland, CO

While the prices may be discounted, if you need your meds soon-don't purchase with this company. We paid for 2 day shipping to have the meds arrive BEFORE thanksgiving and they did not arrive. They even had the script the Friday before Thanksgiving and were not able to the the script filled before they left on Friday. We called on Monday AM, asked they ship it 2 day instead of the 5-7 days. They said we would have the meds by Wed evening. Wed evening we did not have the meds, called Forsters and Smith, and the customer service did not apologize but transferred us to the pharmacy who said they would be able to refill the script on Friday and ship it and we could have the meds by Monday. What? Excuse me? Again, I explained we needed the meds BEFORE thanksgiving, and it was not going to take them 10 days to fill the script? Again there was no apology. But rather, she said we can't control what happens with UPS. Horrible customer service and no guarantees with their service. Why offer 2 day service, have us pay extra, and not be able to trust your carrier? We called Walgreens last night, and had them transfer the script. They cared more about getting the prescription filled for my dog than Fosters and Smith. VERY disappointed and would not ever use again when I need meds.

Patricia Regina

I ordered two dog beds 9/22 one of which arrived and the other was “lost “. I’ve called a total of 7 times each of which I was told I would receive a call back and never was contacted back. Two times I spoke to Sue, one of which I was told it was already shipped this Monday and the vendor would call me personally and never happened.today I was told it was shipped today. The person I spoke to prior to dealing with Sue told me it would be overnighted and it never was. Your level of customer service is sub par and I will NEVER purchase anything from your company never again and will share my experiences through all social media outlets. How on earth can such a large organization conduct business in such a way? I’ve never felt the need to complain about an experience as I feel we live in a society where that’s all we celebrate. But at the bare minimum train your team to do what they say and use reliable vendors when your name is on it.

Penny

This review is for international customers. I wanted to order a bottle of glucosamine with chondrotin for my small dog. I was unable to register online because my address did not include a US State or zip code. After several emails back and forth I was told to order via email, I expressed my concern with having to include my credit card details in an email. I was then told to send details (minus credit card details) and they would register for me after quoting shipping costs. The quote to post a small plastic bottle of pills to Australia was US$180! I replied that I recently bought bed linen from Macy's with a shipping cost for this heavy item being $48. I then had a reply saying they had searched for a deal for me and could ship the pills for $48! Too little too late. I can only surmise this is a shoddy company. Steer clear!

brittney postert Allen, TX

We will NEVER purchase this product again. My Healthy Lab went in, in February for a blood test to ensure everything was going well for her. Her test results came back wonderful! We decided to fix her dog food to Dr. Foster and Smith for her to get a "new" flavor. Within a few days her water intake, increased dramatically. With close monitoring, her intake continued to increase. After a few weeks I took her back into the vet and they drew her blood again. Two of her liver levels jumped over four times what her levels were a month ago. We took her off Dr. Foster & Smith Dog food, a few days later took her back to the vet, after an ultra sound since the vet was so alarmed at the increase in levels; and her blood results came back fine. We both, including the vet think it was linked to this dog food. DO NOT BUY THIS.

jason Lititz, PA

Products came in the mail, the chewy bones were great. but i ordered my other dog a pair of Pajamas, in a size that her sweater is a Medium, and they were way too big. Got in contact with them about an exchange or return. Talk about Highway Robbery, they told me I would have to pay for shipping to return the item. then i would owe them additional Monies, because they would take the shipping fee, off of what I my refund/exchange would be. So in order to get a new pair i would owe them more monies. How is that satisfaction Guaranteed? If the Pajamas were 13.99 and to return them via UPS is 7.99 so I would get 6 bucks back? Not fair at all. I told them to please discontinue the e-mails, AND to stop sending me books in the mail. And to think this was my First order with the Company, and IT will be my last

Jane Grosse Pointe, MI

I signed up for auto delivery to get 11th 30# bag of rabbit food free. Three bags into the program they withdrew the free bag program and offered a $10.00 gift certificate, which they did not apply to my next auto ship. When I received an email stating that I had 10 days to use the gift certificate I called and questioned what it wasn't applied. They said that they can't apply it to future auto ships purchases and it had to be used for something else. I cancelled the future auto ships, purchased one bag to use the gift certificate. When I complained and cancelled my autoship delivery they didn't offer to do anything and couldn't have cared less. I assumed when they offered the gift certificate to offset the future bag that I wasn't going to receive, Bad customer service, deceptive business practices, always changing programs, shipping fees...free, 19.00 min purchase, 50.00 min purchase. I will buy my food elsewhere.... Their pricing isn't even very competitive. They did not lock in the price of the food with autoship so I never knew what I was going to pay. One month I was charged full price and the food was on sale on line.... When I called they acted like I was being a jerk for checking. Terrible Company

New2reef Henderson, NV

Purchased some Ro di replacement filters from aqua FX from dr. Foster's and Smith website. Found out my di resin was depleting faster, right after replacement of sediment and carbon filter. Sediment and carbon filter not working properly and contaminating the water by adding small particles of the carbon filter to my membrane and ruining it. I contacted dr. Foster's and Smith by email and was told they could not help me because I was using this product outside of the manufacturer recommendations. Not sure what that meant as these are replacement filters for an RO/DI system I have a ro di system the filters just don't work. I informed them I have 2 TDS meters to obtain readings from tap water before sediment filter and after carbon filter before the membrane and after the membrane as well and noticed it raised my tds by about 60 after the carbon filter. Dont buy rodi filters from here.

Carolyn Martell Seattle, WA

This company is awful to deal with. Their website states, "Orders shipped Monday through Thursday typically ship the same or next business day... Though we process your orders 7 days a week, our carriers pick up packages Monday through Friday." This is wholly untrue. I've placed 2 orders with them. The first was a dog bed that took 5 days for them to ship and another 11 days for it to arrive. The second was a medication order that still had not shipped by day 5. I called and asked why it had not shipped yet and was told it was being processed and would ship "soon" (she couldn't say when). I again asked why it hadn't shipped and why after 5 days it was STILL being "processed" and mentioned what the website said about their turnaround time. She was rude and condescending and replied, "I didn't make the website." I then told her to cancel my order since it hadn't shipped and I knew delivery would be weeks out. She said since it was still being processed (because despite what the website says, they don't process orders on weekends) it may or may not still ship and if it did we could initiate a return once I got it. Of course, I'd be charged $156 in the meantime, and no doubt their return and refund procedure also takes weeks and numerous calls. If you don't mind rude customer service and waiting 3-4 weeks for your product, this is a great business. I'd recommend, however, any one of their competitors who get you your products within 4-5 days.

Blake Muzinich Reno, NV

This is for Petco Corporate, There is no point in acquiring a company and instantly destroying the very reason people shopped there. People shopped there for items that Petco did not carry. Not soon after the acquisition everything I bought there was no longer sold. Not only did you fail to expand your revenue stream, but you pushed consumers to your competitors. Your board of directors are a bunch of morons and I sincerely hope better online retailers force you into chapter 11, because you deserve it.

Karen Topeka, KS

Ordering from Doctors Foster and Smith, my experiences were always positive. Petco claims to carry the same merchandise, but when I tried to place an order for the prescription and the Dasuquin that I used to order from Foster and Smith, neither of these items were available. I will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

chuck Buffalo, NY

Before Petco I would have given them 10 stars! Petco can't compete so they are systematically buying and ruining on line sites instead of fixing their own on line store. Drs Foster and Smith customers have been shuttled to another on line fish site that didn't carry near the stock and was always out of stock. Since they sent everyone to Petco.com a useless site. In their arrogance they took the largest on line pet store and thought they could do it better. They couldn't! I refuse to buy anything from Petco. And I did buy a lot of fish related items from Petco.

A. M.Madalin Cary, IL

I used to love Drs. Foster and Smith, and trusted that the switch to PetCo would be smooth. Nope! I tried to get into my (F & S) account, using my regular password, and PetCo couldn't find it. Meanwhile, I'm still getting orders delivered, but want to CANCEL them. I am resorting to shopping the old fashioned way, going to ANOTHER store! I don't know what to do to stop the recurring deliveries other than to refuse them at the door IF I can catch the delivery person!

Donald Sonora, CA

Your transition to petco is horrible. Your site is always crashing, and no info canbe provided. Items like vetmedin which pretty much support our dogs life are non existent and far worse than when foster and smith filled our prescriptions. At least we could get updates by calling. Petco acts like they don’t even carry it. Rip off organization. Second rate store that only wants to sell dog food

Dennis North Port, FL

Wanted to orded an API Test kit $21.99 but out of stock until 2/23/2019. Now I went to site to order an they are now Petco and the price is $35.99. Check other item an all their prices are WAY out of line with old DFS and other vendors. They have lost a loyal customer (spend over $9,000.00 in 20 years). Plus, what I see from others they will not last unless they start listening to customer complaints about service and product pricing.

Autumn Hampshire, IL

Terrible customer service. Ordering on the phone or when they want to take your money they are very nice and eager to help. When it comes to returning a product or getting a price adjustment they only give you 24hours!! No help with trying to do something or meeting in between for a solution. Once they have your money they dont care about you being a customer anymore. I will make sure to not recommend this service anymore.

Thomas Harper El Dorado Hills, CA

Ordered six cases of dog food. They were poorly packaged and too many in one box so the cans arrived badly dented, many near the seal. After jerking me around, they refused to refund my money. I had to file a paypal claim and notify UPS that the damage was packing and not shipping related so they can't blame UPS. Amazon would have refunded me immediately. AVOID!