In 2015, the popular veterinarian-founded internet pharmacy Drs. Foster and Smith was acquired by Petco.

As of February 2019 Drs. Foster and Smith notified all customers that their log-in information, future orders, and recurring orders were moved to petco.com.

Petco has promised to provide the same product selection, genuine customer care, and great prices that customers received from Doctors Foster and Smith— in addition to perks such as faster shipping and 1,400+ stores nationwide.

A bit about Doctors Foster and Smith background in the pet pharmacy industry:

Over 30 years ago, four pet hospitals in Wisconsin decided to become one of the largest direct-to-your-door pet suppliers in America. Doctors Foster and Smith are committed to providing high-quality pet care at affordable prices. They have even created their own brand of pet products ranging from pet food to cat furniture. The two veterinarians that built the company, Dr. Foster and Dr. Smith, have backgrounds and experience in pet care and education. They have written books, created a television show, and maintain a non-commercial website (PetEducation.com) so people can be more informed on how best to care for pets.

Read what other pet parents are saying about Drs. Foster and Smith (below).

#1 Chewy chevron_right
#2 Petco chevron_right
3.4
#3 PetSmart chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Experience
  • Product Selection
  • Disclosed Shipping Rates

Experience

Doctors Foster and Smith have a lot of experience behind them in the pet service industry. Both doctors, co-founded the company, practiced as veterinarians and have had years of experience in taking care of and educating others on the care of pets. Their business has been around for 32 years and has experienced what pet parents are in need of most. They have grown with the industry and have had the quality customer service to keep them around and thriving.

Product Selection

Pet owners will be able to find a wide variety of products for their dogs, cats, fish, birds, small pets, and even horses. Most online pet stores don’t offer equine products (or offer a minimal selection) Drs. Foster and Smith provide hoof care products, stable supplies, equine wormers, joint supplements, and horse fence/paddock supplies.

Each of the animals provided has a wide range of products, from pet medications, food, shelter, toys, clothing, grooming, and treats to the less often found categories such as travel & containment. Each type of pet had their selection of products specific to their own needs. Also unique to their store is the variety of products from their own brand. The Doctors Foster and Smith exclusive brand has products for each of the animals provided for on the site. Their brand offers excellent quality products at an affordable price.

Drs. Foster and Smith have catalog quick order page where customers can add up to 10 products to their cart with only one click. Simply enter the prefix, item number, and the quantity.

Another useful feature offered on their site is the use of their pharmacy. They offer a full-service pet pharmacy and can fill pet prescriptions right there on the website. They do not need to go through another channel or company to get the pet medications customers need.

Disclosed Shipping Rates

Drs. Foster and Smith offer free economy ground shipping on all orders $19 or more as well as orders containing a prescription item or flea and tick control item. A low flat rate charge of $6.99 is applied to orders under $19. However, customers should be aware that the free shipping and low flat rate only applies to the economy ground shipping to the 48 connected U.S. states.

Drs. Foster and Smith offer the following shipping rates:

For orders $19 or more and orders containing a prescription item or flea and tick control item:

• Economy Ground: Free

• Expedited: $23.98
  • UPS 2nd Day Air®: $16.98
  • UPS Next Day Air®: $26.98
  • UPS Next Day Air® Saturday**: $34.97

**UPS Overnight Saturday delivery can be utilized where available based on zip code.

The Bad

• Lack of Services
  • Return Policy
  • Shipping Frustrations

Lack of Services

Because Drs. Foster and Smith only have one retail location in Rhinelander, Wisconsin; they don’t offer the same number of extra services that other pet stores do. Many pet stores offer grooming, daycares, or adoption events.

Return Policy

Pet owners unsatisfied with their purchase can return the product within 30 days. Drs. Foster and Smith partnered up with UPS to offer customers no upfront shipping fee. Once a return is received a return shipping fee of $7.99 will be deducted from the credit amount, or it can be applied as a balance to pay along with another order. Customers, however, cannot return or exchange prescription medications, and the method of a refund is determined by the original payment method.

A return form will need to be printed, in case a customer loses the original invoice. Some may find having to fill out the form for every return to be an added time-consuming step to the return process.

Shipping Frustrations

Drs. Foster and Smith’s return policy will refund 100% of the price, but they will unfortunately not return the shipping costs associated with the purchase.

Additionally, shipping fees may be added onto expedited or air orders. Alaska, Hawaii, and U.S. territories will require air delivery.

The Bottom Line

Drs. Foster and Smith offer some of the highest-quality pet products for a vast range of pet owners. Animal owners will be able to find the products needed to care for the health and well-being of their pet, whether it be dry dog food or insulin and diabetes medications. Drs. Foster and Smith even have an email reminder service that helps owners never to forget to order treats or necessary medications again.  The company is very clear on its shipping prices and policies; however, some limitations might frustrate customers.

Overall, Drs. Foster and Smith have a thorough selection of animal products and offer plenty of sales and clearance items. The company features such as auto-delivery, email reminder system, and veterinary pharmacy are helpful to all types of pet owners. If any questions or concerns arise about the pet products or services, customers can contact a customer service representative through email, live chat or by phone.

Take a look at our top-rated Online Pet Stores and compare prices, shipping fees, and pet products.

1.9
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Jackie
August 16th, 2019 Fort Walton Beach, FL DETAILS

I am so sad to learn that I no longer have the opportunity to order from this loved and trused company We bought our first Doberman in 1987 and was introduced to Doctors Foster and Smith by the breeder. In 2018 we lost both of our senior Dobermans at 12 and 11 years old, thinking they would be our last ones, we had to no need to order from them...Until now! We just bought our 5th Doberman puppy :) and I was now looking for our tried and proven products from Doctor Foster and Smith. I am so sad because Petco is a joke! Chewy.com here we come!!

Karen
August 11th, 2019 Topeka, KS DETAILS

Ordering from Doctors Foster and Smith, my experiences were always positive. Petco claims to carry the same merchandise, but when I tried to place an order for the prescription and the Dasuquin that I used to order from Foster and Smith, neither of these items were available. I will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

Murray
June 18th, 2019 Saint Cloud, MN DETAILS

All I can say is that I enjoyed buy from Foster and Smith until they sold to Petco. I buy fish supplies, probably around $500 a year, so not a large buyer. I bought from F&S because the items were always in stock and they were much cheaper. Neither it true anymore. The out of stock is to frequent and the prices went up to the level of their retail stores. Terrible take over of a great company..... I am using Chewy now, not a big a variety as S&M had but much more reasonably priced and normally in stock. S&F did Chewy a huge favor by selling to Petco. They have run the business right into the ground in no time at all.....

VKC
June 13th, 2019 DETAILS

So sad to find out Dr Foster & Smith have sold out to Petco, They were a very dependable company. I always ordered from them since the early 90s Dogs , Ferrets 4 birds and my baby a Great Dane 11 years had congestive heart failure and I ordered all her meds from them for about 8 months and NEVER had to miss a dose. They always had it to me fast. Loved and trusted Foster & Smith. If there was a problem with any of the meds I ordered they would call within 1 to 2 days. Now with Petco I am very unhappy, placed an order for Nexgard May 24 2019 they canceled June 6 said they contacted my vet by fax 3 times, so I called my vet and they never received a fax, confirmed fax # to both. Reorderd and had vet call in approval will see how long it will take to get order. So very unhappy to see a dependable pet supply site like Doctors Foster and Smith to go. :(

Zandra Rise
June 3rd, 2019 Albuquerque, NM

Killed my beautiful Westie with a sweet potato snack. And resulted in $ 1500.00 of veterinarian bills for my other Westie Brianna. I have laboratory tests that confirm this treat is the cause of their suffering

AnnS
May 29th, 2019 Arivaca, AZ DETAILS

As with so many of the comments here, I too have purchased products from Drs Foster & Smith for the last 30+ years. I labored over how many stars to give on this platform since Drs Foster & Smith deserve as many stars as possible. Petco on the other hand does not deserve any. I have relied on Drs Foster & Smith for all my dog products, parrot supplies and products for my horses for decades. So when I learned they were closing their doors and that Petco was buying them I was truly heartsick. I knew Petco would never maintain the quality, free shipping, product variety, availability and low cost, and unbelievable customer service that Drs Foster & Smith has always reliably provided year in and year out. I’ve already discovered I will no longer have a single source for my parrot food and toys, quality leather collars, beds and nutritional supplements for my dogs and annual wormers and vaccines for my horses. The care and dedication that Drs Foster & Smith, a family owned and operated company, routinely applied to their business practices and policies will never be matched by billion dollar corporations only interested in profit. I am unspeakably upset I will no longer have them to turn to when I need so many different pet supplies for my critters. It is truly a sad day when we lose companies who designed their business model around the needs of their customers and put quality of services and quality of products as their primary goal. 😢

Savvy cat
May 23rd, 2019 Knoxville, TN DETAILS

This is a memorial post for Drs Foster and Smith. I started using them over 35 years ago from an overseas military post to keep up with the veterinarian info distributed through their mailed information bulletins. These veterinarians built a great company with accessible products and information. Of course, and unfortunately, this had to change through the years and the growth of mega-corporations and digital commerce. I will have to replace many of the items I used to purchase since the items have been discontinued. So long, and so sad to come into another era.

Mike
May 22nd, 2019 Park Forest, IL DETAILS

Doctor Foster and Smith Was The Best Ever! Best customer service! Great people to deal with on any level. Sorry Petco, no deal here anymore. Bye but not forgotten Dr FnS. DE3MM22.

Andrea J
May 17th, 2019 Glen Easton, WV DETAILS

I always liked ordering from Dr Fosters and Smith,Polite customer service,and great responds to ordering.I would order and get my pet stuff in couple days,which they were always good about that.I liked there business and will miss them for sure.Thanks for all the years serving me and dogs.

john p donahue
May 10th, 2019 New Braunfels, TX DETAILS

Have used Dr. Foster and Smith exclusively over the years with no complaints. Their people were very helpful, and friendly with quick and free delivery. We will miss them! Not at all interested in dealing with Petco.

Rich
May 10th, 2019 Eagle, CO DETAILS

The best ever for quality and availability of wild bird products, now with Petco, that is all gone! The wild bird foods and seeds that were Dr. Foster-Smith have basically been discontinued at Petco. The products that Petco carries are trash in my mind. Sad that this happened to Dr. Foster- Smith.

Peggy
May 6th, 2019 DETAILS

I ordered pet bird and wild bird supplies from this company for many years. Thier products were always top notch until they sold out to PetCo. The quality of the products declined steadily until finally, in 2019 when I got the announcement that PETCO was taking over, I was so unhappy but I finally understood the steady decline in quality of the products and lack of products I had been ordering for many years.! I have NEVER liked PETCO products for my birds as they were always way too expensive and never the good quality I got before Drs. Foster and Smith sold out. I can't find any bird products such as toys and bedding, cages that come close to the quality and price that DRs. Foster and Smith promoted. Another sellout to big business. And, I feel so sorry for the good employees who provided excellant customer service who have lost their jobs over this sellout. I guess there is no integrity left in the business world at this point. So disappointed, and PETCO will never ever get my business. BTW I own four birds and need a LOT of supplies for them.

Pat
April 29th, 2019 Stuart, FL DETAILS

I have been using Drs. Foster & Smith for over 15 years and have NEVER, EVER had one issue with them! Their website was great, prices were good and their customer service was quick and excellent. The very first order I placed with Petco was totally screwed up and their website is horrible. Sorry to see this great company was bought out. Refuse to shop online at Petco! Nothing but aggravation and headache.

chuck
April 22nd, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

Before Petco I would have given them 10 stars! Petco can't compete so they are systematically buying and ruining on line sites instead of fixing their own on line store. Drs Foster and Smith customers have been shuttled to another on line fish site that didn't carry near the stock and was always out of stock. Since they sent everyone to Petco.com a useless site. In their arrogance they took the largest on line pet store and thought they could do it better. They couldn't! I refuse to buy anything from Petco. And I did buy a lot of fish related items from Petco.

Eric Elliott
April 17th, 2019 Barton, MD DETAILS

Ordered from Dr fosters and Smith since the 90s....great great great. Now,petco throws a big middle finger to all the loyal customers they had. Unreal!

Lisa
April 8th, 2019 Memphis, TN DETAILS

Doctors Foster and Smith was a wonderful company and then I started seeing things disappear. Found out they were now part of petco. So sad and disappointed that petco closed them permanently. Truly a huge loss.

A. M.Madalin
April 1st, 2019 Cary, IL DETAILS

I used to love Drs. Foster and Smith, and trusted that the switch to PetCo would be smooth. Nope! I tried to get into my (F & S) account, using my regular password, and PetCo couldn't find it. Meanwhile, I'm still getting orders delivered, but want to CANCEL them. I am resorting to shopping the old fashioned way, going to ANOTHER store! I don't know what to do to stop the recurring deliveries other than to refuse them at the door IF I can catch the delivery person!

Ursula G.
March 29th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

I used to order my pets' medicines from Foster and Smith and everything worked smoothly. Since they changed it to Petco the experience was a total nightmare. They could not fax, call or contact my vet for the prescription, while my vet could not get them to accept his prescription by phone. I lost 2 weeks making multiple phone calls back and forth and at the end nothing was done. I talked to 3 supervisors which were totally useless. One day they told me that my order was ready to ship. Next day they told me that my order did not have a prescription and it could not be processed. Their information is completely confusing. Also they said they were disconnected from their pharmacy department and they could not call them directly to solve the issue. I ended up cancelling the order, while my pets are due for their medicine. Do not order from these clowns. It has NOTHING to do with Foster and Smith. Petco "pharmacy" is a joke!

Sarah
March 28th, 2019 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

The recent change to Petco to have your pets medications filled is an absolute nightmare and joke. I called in a refill for my dogs thyroid medication on 3/18/19 and have called multiple times and sat on hold for hours waiting to get answers. They told me they didn't have the order from the Dr then they told me they got it on 3/20/19 then they said the pharmacist needed to review it, then they said it would be shipped out on the 22nd or 25th and now it is tracked to be delivered on 4/2/19!!! My dog has been without his thyroid medication for far too long now and it is going to take over 2 weeks to get it from the time the order was placed and received by them. I am beyond furious. This medication is significant to the well being of my pet and it is not ok AT ALL! They told me when I placed the order that it would ship within 24-48 hours after the Dr signed the order. That is a LIE! This company SUCKS! DO NOT USE THEM FOR YOUR PETS MEDICATION NEEDS!!

Donald
March 26th, 2019 Sonora, CA DETAILS

Your transition to petco is horrible. Your site is always crashing, and no info canbe provided. Items like vetmedin which pretty much support our dogs life are non existent and far worse than when foster and smith filled our prescriptions. At least we could get updates by calling. Petco acts like they don’t even carry it. Rip off organization. Second rate store that only wants to sell dog food

L Healy
March 4th, 2019 Ventura, CA DETAILS

Used to be great, now they suck with PetCo. I placed an vet scrip order last Tuesday and these idiots still haven't shipped out the order even though my vet approved it. So now my dogs won't get their monthly med on time. Oh and YOU KNOW they charged me before they even shipped it out. I will NEVER use their services again.

Dennis
February 25th, 2019 North Port, FL DETAILS

Wanted to orded an API Test kit $21.99 but out of stock until 2/23/2019. Now I went to site to order an they are now Petco and the price is $35.99. Check other item an all their prices are WAY out of line with old DFS and other vendors. They have lost a loyal customer (spend over $9,000.00 in 20 years). Plus, what I see from others they will not last unless they start listening to customer complaints about service and product pricing.

Melissa
February 8th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

My pet died and although the company charged me a substantial amount in postage, they accepted the merchandise back. Another pet died this week and the company not only will not accept the merchandise back ($45), they had no compassion. Chewy.com not only refunded for merchandise, they asked me to donate it and not worry about the return.

Zippy
February 6th, 2019 Windham Center, ME DETAILS

Formerly loved this company, so am extremely disappointed in what they have become. We ordered a pet carrier on sale for our 8-pound pomeranian just prior to a planned long road trip. When we went to use the carrier for the first time this morning while on the road, we discovered that its front entrance zipper was damaged, so the carrier could not be zipped closed. I called to discuss options, but they would consider only two: keep it or return it for a refund because it was a clearance item and no replacements are available. I suspect it was a broken returned item, not simply clearance, because the zipper was broken right out of the box. They were completely unwilling to simply pay the cost of repair of the zipper, which would be our preference and also less expensive for them. They were unwilling to think outside the box in any way and just stuck to the script. Will not be ordering from this company again.

Autumn
February 6th, 2019 Hampshire, IL DETAILS

Terrible customer service. Ordering on the phone or when they want to take your money they are very nice and eager to help. When it comes to returning a product or getting a price adjustment they only give you 24hours!! No help with trying to do something or meeting in between for a solution. Once they have your money they dont care about you being a customer anymore. I will make sure to not recommend this service anymore.

Sara
January 31st, 2019 Manchester, CT DETAILS

have never been so disappointed in the customer service I have received today. I have been in customer service myself for over 15 years and when someone is trying to explain a situation it is extremely rude for your customer service agent to speak over me. I called Monday the 28th to change my auto delivery date. When I set up the auto delivery i had two gift cards and a promo code at the time so my next purchase would only be 5.99. She said yes it is all set your card will he charged 5.99 for 12 months worth of heartguard when we hear back from the veterinarian and then when it ships it will be deducted from you account. Today received and email stating my order was denied do to payment. So I called and spoke with someone and again tried explaining my conversation to her from my Monday conversation and she was extremely rude. Spoke over, would hardly let me get a word in. I ordered a while back which gave me two $20 gift cards and which I applied to this auto refill and the promo code. She said I cannot do that, which I was unaware. So I said well you're telling me now that my two gift cards are gone because they're only good for 30 days. She agreed, and said yup exactly! I said i was not happy because I ordered things so I could receive gift cards and put them towards other purchases. She kept repeating herself and repeating herself and was absolutely rude. So I will admit I was rude back. I do not appreciate the customer service I have received and want my account cancelled. She was not willing to help me at all, look into what happened on Mondays call. So now you have lost a customer. I will be taking my business somewhere else. I will be sure to let my veterinarian as well who referred this company why I will not be using you any longer.

susan haines
January 31st, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Anything I have bought from Foster and Smith has been of top quality, i live in NYC and can find most items here, but Foster and Smith have it at a better price and it is delivered to my door. Their wee wee pads are thicker than any I have found in the city. I can easily find things such as Glandex not carried in most dog supply stores. There Customer Service that I have rarely used is attentive and positive result orientated. Cant ask for more

Thomas Harper
January 28th, 2019 El Dorado Hills, CA DETAILS

Ordered six cases of dog food. They were poorly packaged and too many in one box so the cans arrived badly dented, many near the seal. After jerking me around, they refused to refund my money. I had to file a paypal claim and notify UPS that the damage was packing and not shipping related so they can't blame UPS. Amazon would have refunded me immediately. AVOID!

Natalie W
January 22nd, 2019 Groton, CT DETAILS

Horrible customer service! I ordered a case of prescription food and while I was waiting for it my dog decided she did not want to eat it. I contacted them before it even shipped to cancel the order, but they would not cancel it. They also told me it could not be returned just because we didn't want it anymore. They offered nothing else and were very dismissive. Iw ill not buy another thing from this company. Chewy.com has excellent customer service and fast shipping. They will be my preferred site.

Brenda
January 22nd, 2019 San Marcos, CA DETAILS

If I could rate this zero stars I would. I ordered 3 pieces of Mopani wood for an aquarium. It turns out I did not need the 3rd piece. I wanted to return but they would not accept unless it was defective. It was not stated clearly on the website. Very disappointed. Go to Amazon, Chewy's or Ebay. You may pay a little more, but it is worth it.

Deborah Jurgensen
January 22nd, 2019 Ronkonkoma, NY DETAILS

I have been a customer for many years but NO MORE !! They are NOT the same. They ship out old and nearly expired items that they are clearing out for good. Not toys but medical fluids !!!! When I instantly called to return I was told I had to pay shipping and a fee. I will never use them again for my animals.

lucy ochoa
January 16th, 2019 Corona, CA DETAILS

I'm so upset with this company Doctor Foster and Smith purchased 2 bags of dog food i called them to return the product do to my pets illness after eating this bad food as the ingested their bad dog food. all of it my 5 poodles were so ill i had to take them to the vet caused diarrhea for three days , after the ingested this bad food. i requested to speak to the supervisor it was almost like pulling teeth is horrible they refused to give me a refund ,then finally spoke to the supervisor , finally they offer the refund but i had to pay for postage not good. the supervisor was rude , and short not cool at all.

PAUL J DUSHAY
January 14th, 2019 Monroe, CT DETAILS

Been a customer of dfs since beginning but no more Fish always die since petco took over To bad petco does not go out of business too!

C. Falk
January 10th, 2019 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

I would have previously given them a 5 star review. I thought that they were wonderful, but their service has declined. They have discontined items and substituted items without informing me. I tried to order Feliway Cat Diffuser Refills, but could not longer find them online. I called and they gave me an updated item number, but it was for another brand, which I now discover does not properly work in the Feliway Diffuser. I called Customer Service and they would offer no any help. I ended up having to throw out 4 refills ($40.) and dispose of 2 ruined diffusers, which should have lasted another 2 months.

Marcy Wells
January 9th, 2019 Roanoke, VA DETAILS

I placed my order on January 2nd and it didn't ship out until January 9th. This is for pet medication so I'll have to contact my vet and get additional meds to get my pups through until the pills arrive. This happens every time I order from them. Shipping may be free but it certainly isn't fast!

Tina T
January 8th, 2019 Englewood, CO DETAILS

After reading the reviews provided about Foster & Smith I'm truly sorry I didn't do so before my first purchase. I bought an expensive ($50+) watering fountain and was very pleased with it. After using the filters for the unit that were provided and reordering two more boxes of filters I discovered that both the fountain and the replacement filters were no longer available. I was advised by "customer service" to order a filter for another fountain and "cut the filter to fit". Unfortunately the filter I need for this unit is in a plastic housing and therefore cutting another filter to fit is not possible. I purchased this fountain, in part, for the filtering benefit. I now have a fountain that has become a watering bowl with a pump. This is not what I was looking for. If you want to buy from a pet supply company that stands behind its products you need to look elsewhere. I won't be making anymore purchases from Foster & Smith in the future.

Diane Crites
January 8th, 2019 Brunswick, OH DETAILS

I have been ordering pet items from this company for at least 10 years. Most importantly their premium ferret diet. It is a decent ferret food for a good price. It is the main part of my mix. Have never had a delivery issue. Have never had a customer service problem. But, lately there had been talk on facebook among the ferret community that they were discontinuing their premium ferret diet. Could not find any info about this. I emailed them and recieved a short two sentence email back. It said the food had been discontinued and they were out of stock. I wrote them back and asked what the heck was going on and why was I being lied too because they did have it in stock because I had some in my cart on their site. I did a little more research online and found that they had been bought by Petco, back in 2014. But it seems the issues have only recently started. Very confused and very disappointed in this company. I will now be purchasing my pet supplies elsewhere. :(

recurve19
January 8th, 2019 Edmond, OK DETAILS

Wont be using this company. Offer you deals to take your money then waits weeks to tell you they wont be shipping your order. Then you get to wait weeks after before getting your money back. Will never order though here again.

BeckyG
January 4th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS

My former 5 star rating has dropped because they have discontinued 2 of my favorite products, They will no longer sell the Country Classics canned dog food which I have used for several years. Also, the replacement cloth and plastic dog bed covers which were great for my incontinent dog, have also been removed from their product line.

Kristine L Kovacs
January 4th, 2019 Bath, PA DETAILS

Placed an order 12/27. Received a tracking number 12/28. Kept checking the order to see where it is. Nothing in system. Finally today it shows they are just shipping it and I can expect it January 9th?? 2 weeks later?? If you need something fairly soon, shop elsewhere! Amazon could've had to me on the 28th for just $1 more!

ckm
January 2nd, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

Reordered something from them and what arrived was a different size. They will not take ANY returns. Terrible vendor, just avoid them.

Mlc34588
December 31st, 2018 Petersburg, VA DETAILS

Twice now they have elected to change their auto-ship program the day the item was supposed to ship. This time they took the cake. They called me at 5 p.m. Eastern standard Time on Friday December 21st to tell me that they were no longer going to auto ship the product I have been buying. This is really crappy business and really crappy customer service. I will have nothing to do with Foster and Smith from here out. Burned twice and not going for a third time.

Maryann
December 19th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

I ordered Revolution from Drs. F & S. The package was misdelivered by USPS, and since Dr. F & S would not send another pack of Revolution, I was out $88. Shame on this company for not making good on my package AND for using USPS....the worst in the business. . I'm sure Dr. F & S send their packages insured, so I expected better when my Revolution was lost. Also, when I ordered flea med for my dog, it came from Petco. My dog continues to itch, so I question the quality of their products and how they are stored. Since this company is now Petco, we should have been advised. I am using another company now.

Danielle
December 14th, 2018 Evanston, IL DETAILS

Never ever order any prescription from this company unless you want your pet to die. I had a critical cardiac medicine for my 18 year old cat on autoship. It was supposed to be sent December 6. When it didn’t arrive by yesterday, I called. First they said they’d called me on December 4 to notify me it was out. However, I have every email and every phone message going back months with nothing from them. They couldn’t tell me how they allegedly contacted me. Then I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with them— first asking why it was in stock now and not shipped (“because you didn’t reorder”) and then asking them to ship overnight. They refused and wanted to charge me for their error. After talking to TWO supervisors they finally caved. What a surprise it’s 9 pm and it hasn’t arrived and UPS tracking shows nothing but that a label was created. Not even shipped. I called and they won’t do anything about it. Alex, the supervisor I spoke to, actually said to me that she didn’t see why she should be held responsible for the problem! This company is heartless and completely irresponsible and cares nothing at all about your pet—just soaking you for money. Avoid them at all costs.

Diane Gibbons
December 14th, 2018 Spofford, NH DETAILS

Bought three dog beds from Dr Foster and Smith- two of them the covers tore at the zipper within months. They replaced one, the other one was past the 30 day warranty. Cheaply made and they didn't stand behind the product.

Rebecca
December 10th, 2018 Queensbury, NY DETAILS

I placed an order in the summer, cancelled autoship when my cats weren't fond of the food, and yet they sent the food again and acted like I had never cancelled in the first place! When I explained that they told me I could return the food for a refund, minus shipping. The shipping turned out to be 1/3 of the order! They literally stole from me and acted like it was my fault. Worst customer service of any pet order I've made (and I shop around).

Conned
November 7th, 2018 Killeen, TX DETAILS

Workers unable to view shipping address on order history. When I contacted them prior to order about shipping address being different from billing address, they said no problem. They lied. They only ship to billing address.

Catrina Mathis
September 20th, 2018 Wasilla, AK DETAILS

After calling just 15 minutes post order thwy were unable to alter my order as it had already shipped! That turns out to be a lie as they sent me the usps tracking code and it dis. Not ship till 5 hrs later.

Brian
August 21st, 2018 Marietta, GA DETAILS

Ordered live fish from them. Most arrived dead. Nice people but difficult to get your money back. Don’t orderr live fish, they won’t make it alive!

george noemail
July 6th, 2018 Schenectady, NY DETAILS

I placed an order on the late evening of July 3rd. I then changed my mind on the order and looked for a cancel order button. None to be found. I then used the support email as directed and sent a polite email stating that it was my fault for changing my mind but could they please cancel my order. I received an email on July 4th (around noon) stating that they could not cancel the order because it was already shipped. I contacted chat support and asked for clarification because UPS doesn't ship on the 4th of July (holiday). They said "oh well UPS leaves trucks at our place and we fill them and your order is already on the truck". I could see I was getting nowhere. I just received an email stating that my order was just packaged and being shipped USPS. Now I am certain that USPS does NOT leave a vehicle parked at their warehouse. I sent a cancel email within 15 minutes of placing the order and they simply do not want to cancel it because they either think I will just keep it or they just can't be bothered to stop the order. I will be returning the items even if I am forced to pay the $8 return shipping and will never order from them again. Again it was my fault for changing my mind but I have NEVER had this kind of service from the big retailer that starts with an "A". I will find everywhere possible to repeat this review.