Chewy Logo

Chewy

9.9

LAST UPDATED: December 2nd, 2021

The majority of Chewy reviews (read below) reveal that customers are happy with Chewy's prices, two-day shipping, Autoship program, pharmacy, and variety of pet products. When shopping for pet supplies, Chewy is a reliable and convenient online destination for pet parents.

Here's a bit about the company and how they're doing today:

Chewy’s mission is to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet lovers and its partners—vets and service providers. Chewy measures its success by the happiness of the people and pets it serves, not simply by the number of pet supplies delivered. Chewy has over 1,000 brands customers know and love—including Pharmacy. Chewy offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on every item and order. The company provides free shipping on orders over $49 and 30% off a customers' first AutoShip order.

There are customer service representatives available to our customers 24/7 across phone, email, chat, and social media—holidays and weekends.

Chewy Pharmacy KY, LLC is a pharmacy licensed to dispense prescription drugs and other regulated products in all 50 states. Chewy Pharmacy has NABP (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy) and LegitScript accreditation.

The Good

• Autoship
  • Wide Variety of Pet Products
  • Pet Pharmacy
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • The Chewy Return Policy
  • Today’s Deals
  • Non-Profit Support
  • Pet Blog
  • Chewy App

Autoship

Chewy’s Autoship lets customers schedule regular deliveries of pet supplies. All customers have to do to set up Autoship is add items to their cart, proceed to checkout, and select “Yes” to Autoship and then their preferred schedule. Customers will receive 30% off their first Autoship order and every order after that will save an extra 5-10% on select brands for all of their future Autoship orders. Autoship even applies to prescription medications for a pet; as long as there is a valid prescription or remaining refills. There is no membership fee for Autoship and members can cancel at any time.

Wide Variety of Pet Products

Chewy has made it easy for pet lovers and their furry friends to find the pet care and pet products they need. Chewy's prices on the site are also reasonably low, although, there are more expensive items, but are generally on the larger items or the items in bulk. Chewy.com offers a wide variety of quality products, including dry, wet and canned food, treats, bowls, health and wellness, toys, cleaning, potty training (cat litter, potty pads, etc.), grooming, beds, and prescription pet food. So pet owners should have no problem finding grain-free dog treats or a holistic kitty litter. When selected, each category can be narrowed further by selecting a more specific sub-category, brands, life stage, breed, or material. This makes finding specific pet supplies fairly easy and browsing can be a more productive experience as well.

Whether you're looking for dog treats, a variety pack of cat food, or a hamster wheel, Chewy is most likely to have it.

Pet Pharmacy

Chewy knows that pet parents are busy and don't' always have time to visit the vet to pick up prescriptions. Instead, pet owners can order their pet's medication and have them delivered straight to their door.

Ordering pet meds is a simple and easy process. The company has a Chewy Rx team member contact your vet to approve any online medications. You can also add meds to your Autoship account.

24/7 Customer Service

One of the best things about Chewy is its customer service. The company puts its customers' needs first and Chewy shows this through its shipping rates, speed, and return policy.

Chewy's shipping costs are notable in the online pet store industry. Any orders on Chewy that are over $49 receive free one to two-day shipping. Any orders that are under $49 are given a flat shipping rate of $4.95. This low flat shipping rate is extremely helpful for customers who order heavy items such as dog food.

Chewy.com is known to have fast shipping. If the order is placed before 4 P.M., it will be shipped that same day and most customers report getting their products within 1-2 days of placing an order.

The company is also notorious for sending out handwritten notes with humourous pet puns, birthday cards, and some customers have even received a painting of their pet along with their order.

The Chewy Return Policy

Chewy’s return policy is also admirable. Offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee on ALL products sold. The company asks that the product(s) are unopened and in the original packaging it was shipped in, and Chewy will give a full refund with no other questions asked for 365 days after the original purchase. Chewy will also refund the shipping price that was paid.

Pet owners should be aware that Chewy does not accept returns or exchanges on prescription medications. However, the company will do an exchange if the product is incorrect or damaged. Chewy may issue a refund but this is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Today’s Deals

Pet owners looking for deals on their favorite brands for treats and pet foods should take a look at Chewy’s daily deals. Customers don't need a promo code or coupon code. Customers can just add the item to their shopping cart. For a pet parent looking for specific brands or products that are a little more expensive, this is a great feature as new products are added daily.

Compared to other pet goods suppliers, Chewy offers similar priced items. You will find similar prices on Amazon and PetSmart.

Pet Blog

Chewy has a pet blog that gives pet parents advice on numerous pet-related topics. Pet lovers and owners can find out what’s really in their pups dog food, whether to feed a pet dry or wet food, what vitamins and minerals to give a sick pet, what factors into a pet adoption or how to calm an anxious cat, whether or not you should buy grain-free dog food, and more. Having a blog on the site shows how much Chewy really knows about pets and how owners can provide the best supplies and pet care. Pet owners can read about pet nutrition, health, training, and behavior.

Non-Profit Support

Chewy supports several non-profit organizations such as Shelter Friends, All About Animals Rescue, Shelter Animals Advocates, and others.  Chewy provides food and other items to animals in these shelters.

Gift Guide

Whether you are looking for a Halloween costume for your dog or a Christmas gift for your cat, you can find all the best gift recommendations with Chewy's gift guide. The gift guide includes ideas for all the major holidays as well as guides for what to buy your new pet. As a pet owner, you won't have to run to the store last minute before the holidays. Simply, add the gift into your Autoship order for fast and easy delivery.

Chewy App

Ordering pet food just got one step easier. Chewy released an app for android and IOS users to quickly browse, select, and purchase pet supplies. The app includes all the best features of the website including daily deals and Autoship. Autoship connects seamlessly to the app to help you find your favorite pet essentials and control delivery schedule.

The app also allows you to connect with the Chewy team of experts. Any time of day, call or email customer support directly from your smartphone.

The Bad

• Shipping Limitations
  • Industry Experience
  • No Physical Locations

Shipping Limitations

While most of what Chewy.com does is at a high-quality level, there were a few things that the company lacks. There is no shipping available outside of the contiguous United States.

Chewy does not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, any other U.S. territories, Canada, or any other country.

Industry Experience

Compared to other companies in the pet supply/pet retailer industry Chewy has been around for a relatively short time.

No Physical Locations

Chewy is exclusively based online. While this is convenient for many, some pet owners enjoy taking their dog to the pet store to find which treat he or she likes best. However, since Chewy is owned by PetSmart, you should be able to find similar products at PetSmart stores.

The Bottom Line

Cat owners, dog owners, and exotic pet parents should definitely consider using Chewy as their go-to online pet store.

The company offers more quality products than most local pet stores — customers can find top brands for dogs, cats, horses, small animals, and reptiles. Chewy.com is one of the leading online retailers for various pet products and supplies (pet owners can even find prescription pet food).

Chewy is probably best known for their low shipping fees, fast delivery times, and lenient refund policy. The company return policy is extremely generous by giving a 100% satisfaction guarantee for life on all products sold. Although, Chewy does not currently ship any of its products outside the contiguous U.S.

The daily deals are also a great feature as it requires no Chewy coupon code or promo codes and all orders over $49 have free one to two-day shipping.  Whether customers are looking for top brand dog food or an online retailer that sells equine supplies, Chewy is a one-stop shop with an extensive amount of products for the pet supply industry.

Cynthia McWilliams Evans, GA

I don't write many reviews but I want people to know what a wonderful company Chewy's is. We have been using them for around 2 years. We normally shopped at Pet Smart but my daughter used Chewy's for her dog food delivery. I went online and found out the food I bought was cheaper than at the store. Plus the toys are a whole lot cheaper and my animals love their toys. I like that you can set up auto-ship and not have to worry about placing an order each month. It's really easy to add to your auto-ship if you want to order a toy, extra treats, or a bed they have it all. I usually get my shipment the next day. Although I have had to wait for 2 days before. Shipment is truly extra fast. One month we received our dry dog food, and it had an opening in it. So we called customer service to find out how to exchange the bag. Unlike other companies, there was no wait to speak to a customer service representative.The representative told us not to worry about returning the bag to throw it out and they would get us a new one out that day. They also refunded the price of the food just for the trouble. Tell me what other company does that. My 84-year-old mother started using Chewy's because of the great service I had received, plus she didn't have to go out each month for supplies for her dog. She has an older dog and ordered a set of steps to help her get up on the bed. These were not cheap stairs they were made of wood and cost over $100.00. Well, I went over to put them together for her, but they were way too big for her bedroom. So we called Chewy's and explained the situation. They immediately refunded my mother's money, ( she had it in 2 days) and told us to give the stairs to someone who might want them or to a local animal association that could use them. I recommend Chewy's to everyone I know or talk to that has a pet. I love Chewy's and their customer care is wonderful!

kathy griffin TX

My first delivery was great my second delivery got completely lost I reach out to them and they refunded me more than what it originally cost and the dog food finally showed up 4 days later so roughyall together it was lost for over a week which meant I had to search around to different vet offices since it was a prescription dog food my third encounter was the delivery driver drop it off at the end of my driveway by my trash and if it hadn’t been for a none trash day it would been thrown into the garbage truck needless to say my neighbor came home and saw it brought it up and put it into my house so to make a long story short I will not give them more stars then what they deserve

Lian Parris Newark, NJ

I just would like to say that I TRULY APPRECIATE AND THANK the Chewy family for providing EXPECTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE to my small family that included our very special Yorkie Poodle Max. He recently passed away this month and the Chewy Family sent us this beautiful arrangement expressing their condolences. Of all of the pet companies that I have spent my money with CHEWY IS THE BEST OUT THERE...PERIOD!!! They supplied us with everything from clothes to food to vitamins to bedding. The list was endless AND if by chance I was displeased with a purchase I was INSTANTLY REFUNDED MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY. All that they requested was for me to donate whatever the item was to a pet charity or shelter of my choice. I would recommend Chewy to anyone that is a pet lover hands down. I'll miss shopping with you Chewy...❤❤❤❤ L. Parris, valued customer

Linda Staten Island, NY

We have been dealing with chewy for many many years as pet parents to both cats and dogs. Though I have always known chewy was an awesome company with the best customer service I’ve ever experienced I never expected to receive condolence flowers after the loss of our beloved Kamots the other day. When I spoke to Kristi to cancel an automatic prescription renewal for Kamots we started talking about all of the recent losses our family has gone through - over the past 5 years we lost 2 of our 17 1/2 year old cats and 3 of our beautiful 15 1/2 year old Shihtzu’s. We also talked about our 2 newly acquired rescue cats and the stray colony we also feed. Kristi was so sweet and not only offered her sympathy but made me smile on a day when the tears wouldn’t stop falling. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if all companies were as amazing as chewy - by far the best company I have ever had the pleasure of buying from. For as long as we have pet’s we will forever be customers of chewy.

NKG NYC Brooklyn, NY

Chewy truly goes above and beyond! They never cease to amaze me. Today, I recieved an unexpected Halloween surprise in the mail. It was a beautifully wrapped painted portrait of my dog along with a card. I was blown away with this kind, thoughtful, unexpected gesture. Nothing was expected in return. I have been been a loyal customer of theirs for a long time because they are always dependable, always fair and they always do the right thing, even when it is to no fault of their own. One example of their outstanding customer service Is when my late dachshund passed away shortly before receiving her 25lb bag of prescription dog food. I called to return the food and they told me to donate it to a shelter of my choice and refunded me the full amount. Soon after that phone call, I was delivered flowers expressing their condolences for the loss of my dog. I cried so hard. The support they gave me during that hard time was so appreciative. I also find their prices to be fair (with some good sales along the way), and shipping to be as fast as possible.

L.L. Davis Missoula, MT

Best online company I've ever dealt with. And they also have real.. let me say that again REAL people on the phone, not a automated press buttons system. Love chewy and there employees are the best. And my 7 dog's and 6 cats, plus one Wolf love there food.

Robyn Luttrell Lockport, IL

I had been disappointed with chewy as a customer representative told me I was able to order freshpet fresh dog food then when I went to order I couldn’t because it was not available for shipping to my area. Obviously I was disappointed and upset because I was misinformed by a representative that said I could purchase the food so I wrote a review on chewy website. They then emailed me and said they were going to review and look into my claim I stated in my review. Then today I walked outside had a box from chewy that had an order of the freshpet food I wanted to purchase for my dog they had sent as an apology for the misinformation as well as to show they now ship to my area. It could not of come at a better time as my fiancé was just laid off of work and my dog is very sensitive eater she just ran out of food when this package arrived we were beyond shocked and so grateful I was in tears. We couldn’t be more appreciative and grateful for this. Chewy is a great company and i want them to be recognized for how amazing the customer service teams are!! I can’t say thank you enough I have called and thanked them personally but I want to place as many reviews as possible to share my story so they know how appreciative and grateful we truly are!!! We can’t thank them enough!! Thanks chewy!!!!

Randy D. Hanover, NH

I recently ordered a 30-lb bag of dog food. Shipment was delayed by FedEx, through no fault of Chewy's. By the time it arrived, I had already started my dog on another food that he likes and tolerated well. I messaged Chewy to see if I could return the unopened box. I got an immediate response that my purchase, including the shippng was being refunded. No need to ship the product back, just donate it to the local animal shelter. The entire customer service was unparalleled in my opinion. Refund was immediately received. The two email I received during the process were very responsive and caring. I cannot say enough about Chewy's exemplary service.

Grace Woodward Temecula, CA

Chewy used to deliver products quickly to my home address in CA. That is no longer the case. I just got off the phone with their customer service and the individual that I spoke to (Dillion) could have cared less that that I told him that I would start buying at stores because Chewy was no longer delivering in a timely manner. He sounded like he must have been working from home because he sounded very lethargic. Very disappointed but maybe it's time that more of visit the stores so they stay open.

bschurch100 Cordova, TN

Customer service is top notch. We have used Chewy for years. Our beloved dog Kiki recently passed and we cancelled the auto ship we set up. Chewy sent us a bouquet of beautiful flowers sending condolences. We are a customer for life.

Jenn Williamson Cartersville, GA

Chewy is an awesome company! Whenever I’ve had to contact Customer Service they seem to go above and beyond. With my dogs recent passing I contacted them to see if I could return a couple cases of dog food I had just purchased for him. I told the woman on the phone why and she gave me a full refund and told me to donate the food in his name. At the end of our call she also said if I need to talk to give them a call back and they were there for me. A couple days later I received a lovely flower bouquet from them. I recommend Chewy all the time and stand by that recommendation.

Amy M. Watertown, SD

We had been ordering our pets prescription medication from Chewy. Our sweet 14 1/2 year old beagle Lucy passed away last week. I did a live chat with Chewy asking if I could return the unopened medication. The customer service rep said they could not take the medication back, but he already had processed a full refund for the unused medication! We will be donating the medication to another pet in need. Yesterday our doorbell rang and it was a delivery of a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a sweet note from Chewy! We were always impressed with Chewy's customer service. Everything they have recently done goes above and beyond customer service. We hope to get another dog when the time is right, and when we do we will definitely be coming back to Chewy!

Abigail Land Tallahassee, FL

Way cheaper than in-person stores, great customer service including handwritten thank you notes and birthday cards, great quality with videos explaining how to use certain items, and quick shipping.

sharon delobo New Milford, CT

A few months ago, I called CHEWY and placed my usual order for my cat's food and treats. A very nice operator asked if I still had plenty of Breezy's food (Breezy was my dog) and I had to tell her Breezy had fallen ill and I had lost her. A few weeks later, I received a lovely bunch of roses with a condolence note from CHEWY. Cynics say it was just good PR work on the part of CHEWY but I disagree. They don't know if I will get another dog or not so they didn't do it to keep me as a customer. They did it because it was a very kind thing to do and it was very appreciated.

Cass Savage Glenmoore, PA

I have been ordering from Chewy for years and have found them to offer decent prices and prompt delivery. Their customer service is amazing. They are very responsive to requests for returns and refunds. I would like to commend Baylee M, who worked with me today on the chatline. She was sympathetic and extremely helpful to me. I will continue to be a loyal customer of Chewy!

Tom C. Mahopac, NY

I had two unused cases of prescription dog food purchased from Chewy left over when I had to have my dog Zeus euthanized. After he was diagnosed with cancer a prescription diet was the least of his problems and we fed him everything he loved. I wanted to donate the food to my vet who advised me to contact Chewy about a possible return. I started a chat with Brittany U on the Chewy site, and within minutes was credited more than $180 for the unused food and asked to donate the food to a local shelter. The process could not have been quicker or easier. Unlike with chats on other sites I seemed to have the Brittany's full attention. I received immediate responses instead of waiting several minutes for each response, which was my expectation based upon past experience with other chats. The outcome was more than could have expected thanks to Chewy's fantastic return policy and Brittany's prompt and courteous assistance. I will again be a happy Chewy customer when I take home my new Doberman puppy in a few weeks. Tom C.

Tony Lombardo Tallahassee, FL

I had only been a Chewy.com member for a few months when I read that they have artists on staff who paint portraits of your pets. I was so excited to have a portrait of my 10 yer old beagle done, so I set out to contact Chewy about the process. Before this happened, however, my beautiful Bailey was diagnosed with cancer in her spine. We had to put her down within a few after. I did end up emailing Chewy to let them know that my best friend was no longer with us, and that I would no longer be a Chewy customer. Within a day or two I received a very thoughtful return email giving their condolences. That was that. Today I received a large package out of the blue from Chewy. It wasn't a portrait of my puppers, but a dozen roses and a $100 Naked Wine gift card. It was completely unexpected and greatly appreciated. Chewy will always have a place in my heart. Tony Lombardo

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Got their pet boxes for my dogs for a long time, but eventually canceled because they built up a massive collection. As they destroy them I'll definitely sign back up.

Jefferson Davis Gwynn Oak, MD

Chewy is awesome if for some reason your pet can't digest the food or have a reason ie: Diarrhea consistently like I experienced they will refund your money and helped me select something more tolerable!!!!!

Johan Lourens Rosemary Beach, FL

Excellent Customer service. Fast and reliable. I have been using Chewy now for several years, and get excellent service everytime. Returns are also made super easy and fast. 10 out of 10

Meghan Bowman Bend, OR

Chewy has always provided fast deliveries, great customer service, and quality products. My grandma just lost her 15 year old dog and Chewy sent flowers and a kind note. Great and caring company.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I started using Chewy not long ago and I have enjoyed the service I have received. They have a bigger selection that my local pet supply store. They also have a very forgiving and understanding return policy and understand that sometimes an animal will not eat a certain brand of food. They allow returns up to a year out for certain items. The shipping has been quick in my opinion and the prices are fair compared to the local pet supply store.

Toni Montuori

I have been using Chewy for my pets need for several years with out incident. Their selection is awesome and the prices are good. Some sales are fab! I’ve spoken with their customer service on occasion and found them to be educated and polite. My dogs have enjoyed all the products I’ve chosen and they arrive quick and without damage.

Carlie Sami Pensacola, FL

I have been ordering from Chewy for about two years. The products are great, delivery is quick and in good condition...there was one time when the box was damaged from the delivery service and a few of the cans of pet food were dented. I contacted Chewy, sent them a pic of damage and they immediately sent me replacements with no shipping cost. The customer service is the best and they really care about their customers and pets. Will continue ordering my supplies from them.

Crystal F Conneaut, OH

Chewy has some of the BEST customer service! Very quick to respond to any questions and if there ever is a problem will correct immediately! I would say they make my top three for excellent customer service. ( The other two being Chick-Fil-A and Disney cast members) The shipping is fast, excellent quality, great prices and wonderful workers. Can’t ask for more.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

We really like Chewy to provide all we need for our 2 dogs. Chewy has a wide array of products for all pets and they deliver it right to your door so you can't get any easier than that. The prices definitely are comparable to the big box stores and more often than not they are better. Chewy is our go to supplier and will continue to be in the future.

Juan Jefferson Los Angeles, CA

I write this review with tears in my eyes as I look at the flowers I just received from Chewy. I was already impressed and appreciative of the customer service provided by Victor when I called about an unused order after the passing of my Frenchie “Goose”. Victor was so understanding, supportive, and empathetic while providing me with a full refund and suggesting that I donate the unused items to an animal shelter (the shelter was appreciative of the donations too). I’m glad to see that Chewy has done this for other grieving pet owners as well. Don’t know if I’ll ever get another pet again, but if I do, I will always utilize Chewy and recommend them to other pet owners! Thank you Victor, thank you Chewy...

brian waldman Lawrenceville, GA

I order a lot from Chewy. Not only do I order dog food but I order a lot of fish supplies for my aquarium business. Whenever I have had a problem, which is rare, Chewy's customer service actually answers the phone and quickly resolves the problem. The best experience I've had with them is when I recently called to return a bag of dog food because our dog had to be unexpectedly euthanized. They gave me a refund for the food but surprisingly said I didn't have to return. Instead they said to donate it to a dog shelter. I thought that was so awesome. But they took it one step further. A few days after that phone call to Chewy's customer service I received flowers for condolences for the death of my dog Bella. It absolutely blew me away and brought my wife to tears. This is a large company that treats people as if they are a small mom and pop business. They have taken customer service to a new level.

Joseph Monter , MO

I have been shopping at Chewy for almost three years now. Luckily, we have a distribution center close to home. So, we usually get our deliveries the next day. We have 3 Chihuahuas, 1 Chiweenie, and 1 American Pit bull. Two of our Chihuahuas are seniors that love the Get Naked treats. Sadly, one of our seniors (Smokey) passed away on March 11th, just shy of having him for 20 years. Through the tears I thanked Chewy for delivering his favorite treats that he enjoyed up to his last day. Unexpectedly, a few days later we were delivered some beautiful long stem roses with a vase and a very thoughtful card. My wife and I cried all over again because over the thoughtful gesture! What a great way to win over a customer's heart. We haven't had to use customer service because we didn't have anything to complain about. However, we know people that have and they are always very pleased how their complaints are addressed.

Chris Y Portland, OR

Made my first order of $70 and after 10 days of waiting i emailed support to let them know that order not yet received and fedex status hasnt changed. Then another 3 days passed and i emailed again, only for them to tell me that they think the package was lost and that they sent me out a new order which was to be received in 2-5 days. The new order wasnt even sent until 2 days after they placed it and fedex shows it wont be received for a week. Worst customer service and shopping experience ever.

Leslie Kelly Augusta, GA

I recently lost my 15 1/2 year old fur baby😢. When I realized that I had a bag of unopened dog food, I called Chewy and they told me that they were going to give me a refund and asked that I donate it. I always believed they were a great company but that reinforced it. Today, I received a beautiful bouquet of roses from Jordan, the sweet rep who helped me that day. He was so very kind and talked me through my tears. Chewy has my business forevermore! Thanks for everything you’ve done for me and continue to do for our communities!!

msknj Hillsborough, NJ

Chewy is an amazing company. I have ordered from them for years and have always been delighted by their selection, fast delivery and customer service. When I've had issues, they responded quickly and resolved them fairly. I recently lost my dog and was on autoship. I hadn't gotten to my last orders before he died and Chewy generously refunded my money and allowed me to donate the food to my local shelter. Amazing! Thank you Chewy!!!

Jsmith916 Sacramento, CA

My husband and I have been ordering prescription food for our precious baby girl Emma. We rescued her from a high kill pound 9.5 years ago. Emma was prescribed Royal Canin Veterinary food due to reoccurring UTIs. With COVID and having a hard time finding Emma’s food, we purchased some extra cases of wet food and dry food for our baby. Well, the unthinkable happened, and our baby girl is no longer with us. I made a call to Chewy and ended up speaking with Taylor. She was so nice and understanding. She refunded the 3 cases of wet food and 2 bags of dry food. I was able to make it through the call without crying, that was until Taylor said for us to donate the food on Emma’s behalf. I was shocked! Before I called I was getting the food boxed up to send back. I was in tears and couldn’t believe how amazing Chewy was. In this very hard time, Chewy made things a little bit easier, and in Emma gets to help other dogs in need. Thank you very much Chewy. My husband and I thank you and appreciate everything.

The Flash Portland, OR

Hands down, time and time again, the most consistently efficient and amicable customer service out of any company I've ever interacted with and I've interacted with a lot over the years! I love Chewy!

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

Chewy is a little pricey, but I don't think price is too much of a concern once you see how happy your pet is. I have used Chewy when it comes to ordering dog food in bulk, since my pup is a little picky on what he eats. Chewy always comes on time, or sometimes even earlier. I love it and will continue to use it.

mfscpa Austell, GA

Chewy is the best. I placed a wrong order of dog food instead of cat. I called, they immediately issued a refund and told me to donate the case of food. No hassle with having to send it back, etc. Just smart and convenient. They are all about amazing customer service and why I only order pet supplies from them.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

Love this place. We order our Dog's vitamins from Chewy and they always send me the sweetest emails referencing Gracie---our mini goldendoodle/labradoodle mix. I have had to call several times to change orders and customer service is over the top amazing. Convenient and great prices!!

Jeanette Johnson Grand Rapids, MI

Well I buy from Chewy & the prices are great & shipping is super fast! Today I reviewed some toys, not too bad, but I received an email & refund unsolicited. That is great customer service. I will continue ordering from them for sure!

Ruth Ort ,

I use Chewy for my cat's food. They always try their best. Right now my cat is having problems and everyone I spoke to made every effort to help. They were patient and did everything to solve his problem. I was concerned since he was not eating. I bought different food and they waived the shipping. If not satisfied, they will accept all returns. The biggest surprise were the bouquet of flowers delivered to my door today from Andi at Chewy with kind wishes. I never dealt with a company that cared so much. Love Chewy.

Karyn A Wesley Chapel, FL

This review is not about service or quality though they excel at both. This review is about their commitment to community! My order included 1 40lb bag of dog food among other things. I paid for 1 bag but 2 bags were delivered. I called customer service and Alisha who answered the phone, on her own, without supervisor approval, simply asked that I donate it to an animal shelter in my area. Awesome!

Caroline Boardman Akron, OH

Chewy has all of the products I need at a good price and the customer service is amazing!

elodie mcallister Norwich, CT

I didn't order all of my pet supplies from Chewy before, but I will from now on!! I had two dogs - a 70 pound Weimaraner and a 115 pound Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix (and two cats). I subscribed to regular deliveries for their heartworm and flea and tick medications. When we recently had to euthanize the Weimaraner due to severe neurological issues, I forgot to contact Chewy right away. As soon as I received an email saying that they were sending food and meds, I contacted them to tell them the sad news. They managed to stop the prescriptions, but said to just donate the extra food if I couldn't use it (and took it off the bill). Another time, I ordered raised bowls for the dogs, but the one for the Great Pyr was too high, so I wanted to return it, but they said just keep it or donate it, and I received a replacement at no extra charge. Most importantly: I received a condolence card from Chewy after I lost my Weim, but shortly after, I received the most beautiful dozen roses I have ever seen. They came in bud form and have been blooming for a week now. I never heard of a company making such a wonderful gesture. I contacted more than a half dozen other pet meds, veterinary, food and service providers (he had a lot of extra care the past few years), and most sent a nice card-nothing like these roses!!!

Sporty Locks Omaha, NE

The customer service is outstanding. I made a mistake on the shipping address for an order for my pet, instead of choosing my address at checkout I had chosen one from a Secret Santa gift exchange for another pet and didn't realize this mistake until package was delivered. Unfortunately the pet and owners had moved and there was no way to claim the box. I contacted their customer service online and they immediately reordered all my items at no additional cost to me! I was so grateful that I sent a pic of my pup to the representative to show mine and my dog's appreciation. Just yesterday I received a painted portrait of my girl in the mail from Chewy as a gift, the representative sent the pic on to have it made. I really liked Chewy before, but now I can't stop raving about them!!!!

Julie Fogleman ,

This company was amazing to us. We had ordered an item from them. It came quickly - everything was great with the order. Then a couple weeks later our dog passed away. Very sad time at our house. So hard to loose a pet. I contacted Chewy.com to see if we could possibly return the item we had ordered for at least a partial refund. They not only refunded our money, told us to keep the item and donate it to an animal shelter and also sent us flowers for the lost of our pet. WOW - what a company to work with. Warmed our broken hearts. We did what they said, and made the donation - so that made us feel good to be able to do that also. If a pet is in our future, we will for sure continue to do business with this awesome company. Great people!!!

Debi Conway Norristown, PA

I just want to say "thank you" from the bottom of our hearts for the wonderful response from the team at Chewy, in particular Sara, during our time of sadness at the loss our our beloved 17 yr-old furbaby, Picaboo. The phone conversation with Sara when I had to ask to send back the cases of food we had just gotten for her was so caring, compassionate, and empathetic! I was very emotional on the phone with her, and she totally understood, offering very kind words and support in my grief. Then, a couple of days later, we received this beautiful bouquet and note from Sara and Chewy.com!! This touched us so much, we began to tear up! What a wonderful company, with such awesome employees!! And this is not the first time we have received excellent customer service from Chewy, as they have always responded to any problems or concerns quickly and efficiently. You have customers for life in us!! Also, I would like you to know that we donated the two cases of food to Main Line Animal Rescue. You have their gratitude as well as ours!! I would give Chewy 10 Stars if possible!!

idlevices Chase City, VA

was in tears. In May, 2020, I ordered a training collar for our "runner" pup (at 12 years old!), since we moved and this rural area offers lots of new scents. "Wilson", adopted at the Sheriff Station in Wilson, NC, passed away from quickly deteriorating age before he was ever introduced to the Training Collar we had ordered. We were so, so sad. In Dec, my father passed away (terribly sad), then our rescue kitty passed away (Feline Covid! Tripled the sad). I was explaining to JOVANNA at CHEWY that all these events happened to keep me from accepting that Wilson was gone and returning the collar was an admittance of finality. Joanna was soo kind in assisting me, but what really broke me down was 2 days later I received a gorgeous FTD delivery of one dozen beautiful roses and a gift card for Hello Fresh from JOVANNA at Chewy! Signed "Love" and that their hearts go out to us. I was balling my heart, my sadness and loss out of my eyes! Unbelievable. Thank you for hearing me when I did not expect you were to that extent. THANK YOU for being so very generous. It is so moving. I'm not sure I deserve this love from Jovanna and Chewy, but I know I do love YOU. Your compassion will always move me. What's more, I shared this experience and another friend told me about another unexpected show of support she had with Chewy. In addition to all your products, this is why I'll have you in my conversations and in my heart. Sorry for the length but that's how deeply you touched me! Thank you, Thank YOU, Jovanna at Chewy💖Claire

Robin Hammer Fort Lauderdale, FL

I received a coupon in the mail for $15 off orders of $50 or more. I just adopted two kittens. I ordered a bunch of toys, cat food and liter. The literature said that due to the pandemic, delivery may take 3-6 days. I ordered yesterday, Monday afternoon. I received the order this morning, Tuesday! I've never seen such quick delivery! And I ordered 5 to 6 different toys and they all came. Everything in the order was shipped! I'm shocked - and very pleasantly surprised. I just checked prices against Target and Amazon and although Target is a little cheaper on the liter, there is something to be said to having it delivered to your door. Thank you Chewy - I'll be back!

Lisa Silver Macedon, NY

I've only been a Chewy.com member for a few months and just want to say how great they have been. My orders have arrived quicker than they were expected. I had a cat that had diabetes and they were very thoughtful when I notified them of her passing. This is a company that is doing things right!!! I will continue to support them and encourage anyone else needing pet supplies to do so as well. Although I recognize the carbon footprint ordering online creates, I know they are doing what they can to provide recyclable and/or reusable shipping materials. Frankly, not only does using chewy.com save me time and money, it saves on the emissions my vehicle is producing going from store to store! Thanks chewy!!! Animal lover ♥

JoAnn White Flushing, NY

I get my little boy Barney's food on auto ship each month. I noticed i was running low and moved up his order to ship ASAP ( due to his special diet I can't find his food in a "regular store"). I received an email that due to COVID-19 shipping would not be the usual 1-2 days but possibly 7-10 days. As a few days passed and Barney's food was dwindling i called Chewy in a panic. The rep i spoke to was so sweet and reassuring, she checked to see if she could give me a ship date which she could not since the order was at the warehouse and preparing to ship. She informed me if i could find the food elsewhere to let Chewy know and they would reimburse me. As an essential worker I am still working and was not able to "shop" locally and could not locate it online. Within two days my order was shipped and received. But that's not the end of the story. When I got home from work I found a beautiful bouquet of flowers and they were from Chewy!!!!! Have you ever heard of a large company sending flowers to a customer?????? What a wonderful thing to do. Chewy has a customer for life and i will tell everyone how great they are!!! God bless Chewy!!!!

Becky Steiner Allenton, WI

We have been Chewy customers for quite a few years now. I had recently ordered 2 cases of prescription dog food for one of our beloved dogs. Sadly we lost our dog 4 days ago. I emailed Chewy to ask if I could return the unopened case of food. I informed them our dog had passed away and our other dog couldn’t eat the prescription food. They emailed me back the most sincere email about the loss of our dog and credited me back not only the unopened case of food but also the entire amount for the opened case!!! And... to top it all off, today we received an absolutely gorgeous bouquet of flowers with a beautifully written card! Chewy is an amazing company that truly cares about their customers and their pets. Thank you Chewy for the heart-warming experience you provided us! You have added light to a very sorrowful time in our lives!