1800PetSupplies has a wide variety of products for animals of all shapes and sizes. On the website, customers can expect some of the highest quality pet products from respected brands with some of the most competitive prices in the industry. 1800PetSupplies knows that pets provide numerous health benefits to us humans, so it’s only fair that pet parents give their pets the best pet supplies. Whether pet owners are looking for a bed for a specific dog breed or a terrarium for a lizard they can rely on 1800PetSupplies to have it.

TABcom, LLC owns 1800PetSupplies. The company is a parent company to a wide variety of pet-related websites.

#1 Chewy chevron_right
#2 Petco chevron_right
3.5
#3 PetSmart chevron_right
4.1

The Good

• Product Variety
  • Price Match Guarantee

Product Variety

Pet owners will have a wide range of supplies to pick from for their pets. 1800PetSupplies has products for cats, dogs, reptiles, birds, fish, small animals, and wild birds. Shoppers can even find items for the holidays or buy medications and supplements.  For example, dog owners, can find special dog food, dog treats, dog clothes or high-quality flea and tick medication. There is even a clearance category for pet owners looking to save some money.

Price Match Guarantee

1800PetSupplies strives to give excellent customer service. If customers purchase a product and find that a competitor sells it for a lower price, 1800PetSupplies will match the price. The price match guarantee is valid before purchase and up to 14 days after the date of sale. The products must be identical.

The Bad

• Shipping Options and Fees
  • Price Match Exclusions and Limitations

Shipping Options and Fees

1800PetSupplies has a few different payment options available for consumers to use. They allow payments through PayPal, and Amazon payments. The company can ship to all 50 states, Canada, and many international countries. While it is a positive aspect of the company to be able to ship to many different places, it may come at a price for some shoppers. Any shipments to Alaska and Hawaii have an additional $29.95 shipping fee added to the original shipping price. Shipments to Canada and international countries also cost quite a bit more than the average shipping.

One of the biggest disappointments is their lack of a free shipping rate. It seems to be a standard of online pet stores to offer free shipping on orders roughly $49 or more. All orders are priced for shipments based on the weight of the order. This could prove to be very costly and much more so than those sites that offer a fixed shipping rate.

Price Match Exclusions and Limitations

The price match is a nice feature, but there are some exclusions and limitations that customers should be aware of:

• Item must be the identical brand name, size, weight, color, model number and must be in stock.
  • No rain checks will be issued for out of stock items
  • 1800PetSupplies reserves the right to limit quantities to one per customer, per item, per day.
  • The calculation of the total price will include the shipping charges and the cost of the product.
  • The company reserves the right to restrict price matching due to online typographical errors.
  • Items ineligible for price match include, but are not limited to, supplements, wormers, pharmacy, e-certificates and auto ship items.
  • 1800PetSupplies cannot price match items which are doorbusters, closeouts, BOGO, clearance, limited quantity items, refurbished items, liquidation, out of stock items, free product offers, special orders and gift with purchase.
  • Prices from paid membership clubs or paid loyalty programs which require a club or loyalty card will not be honored.

The Bottom Line

Pet owners looking for a one-stop shop for various pet supplies will find that 1800PetSupplies has plenty of brands and products. Pet parents of all types of animals whether big or small will find competitive prices and high-quality merchandise. However, 1800PetSupplies’ shipping options and fees are not ideal. Customers have the choice of the following shipping methods:

• Economy*: 7-10 Business Days
  • Ground: 2-6 Business Days
  • 3 Day Shipping: 3 Business Days
  • 2nd Day Air: 2 Business Days
  • Next Day Air: 1 Business Day
  • Priority Mail*: 7-10 Business Days

Order shipping costs are determined based on the total weight of the item(s). Moreover, oversized products will be charged additional fees.

Along with the less than ideal shipping options and fees, the price match has some issues. There are a number of items and situations that disqualify products from the price match guarantee. While this is common, customers are not generally made aware of this information, until they go to redeem the price match.

View Best Online Pet Stores

*Please note Economy shipping may utilize USPS for final delivery.

*Please note that due to carrier restrictions, some products shipping to the 48 contiguous states must be sent via Ground Shipping and are not available for Economy Shipping.

*Orders to APO/PPO, PO Box, Guam and the Virgin Islands ship Priority Mail. Order to Puerto Rico can be shipped Economy or Priority Mail.

1.0

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
Amanda
November 26th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

1800 Pet supplies is great! Their website makes it really easy to order anything I might need for my cat!

Steph
January 31st, 2019 Bayport, MN

1800PetSupplies: I purchased booties for my dog and I received an email from them telling me part of my order will be shipped at a later date so apparently my dog would only be getting 2 of the 4 booties ordered. I called customer service and they confirmed that part of my order had shipped and they cannot issue me a refund. Then, six day after placing the order I received another email stating they no longer carry the product that I found on their website, which said it was instock and my whole order was refunded? Apparently, nothing ever shipped. This was the first time I ever used 1800PetSupplies and likely the last.

amyh
January 31st, 2019 Medina, OH DETAILS

Very bad experience. I ordered a coat for my dog and I paid $9 shipping which I agreed to. The coat came and it's paper thin. Literally no lining & it's see through. I called and gave them the order # on that was their packing slip and the rep became angry w/ me saying that order doesn't exist. Finally she found it and then told me to ship it back to some odd address. She told me to right it down and she talked as fast as she could telling me to send it back to 0519965 tabcom jagger something. I had to ask her 3xs to slow down and that non of this made sense. I finally asked if I could talk w/ someone else as clearly she didn't want to do her job. She wouldn't let me talk to anyone else. I told her I'd wait, she said no. I had to call back again. Unreal. At least the second rep was nice and helpful. But after that treatment, I will not shop here ever again.

KSouthwell
December 19th, 2018 Brighton, CO DETAILS

Placed an order last week, shipping was pretty quick. However, the order I received today was NOT my order!!! I order toys for my pets for Christmas and when I opened the package today it was full of flea and tick and other medication. Tried calling the 1800 number and was told customer service was closed and someone who call me back in 24-48 business hours!! So much for Christmas for my babies!!!

Melissa Hilding
December 18th, 2018 Pendleton, OR DETAILS

HORRIBLE! Do not go through this company or your pets are going to be hungry! They sent me the wrong order, fine, mistakes happen, however, getting resolve has been and continues to be a nightmare! They asked to email pictures in of the wrong product I recieved and give the order number. Called customer service to be sure they were recieved and to find out when it would be corrected and what I got was blame to the warehouse, excuses and really rude customer service. I left a message on a "managers" line and have recieved no correspondence 3 days later. This business sucks! I will definately take my business back to drs foster and smith and chewy.com

Ronald Oldham
August 28th, 2018 DETAILS

Awful customer service, shipping is the worst, have made my last purchase on 1800PetSupplies.

Bob Hale
June 15th, 2018 Abilene, TX DETAILS

I purchased 2 bags of dog food, one of which was back ordered and shipped weeks later. My dog would not eat the food after a few days, so I called and requested a Return Authorization for the unopened bag of food. They say that the dog food is a consumable item and cannot be returned even though the bag is still factory sealed. I'm out $101. The website prominently displays their 30 day return policy. Beware of the fine print which excludes many items. Never again!

Kaylee Naj
April 16th, 2018 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

I have made 4 separate purchases from 1800PetSupplies. My first 3 orders were dog toys and shipped immediately. I thought the company was great. When I made my last order 1 month ago, I purchased flea and tick medication and heart worm pills. I was charged and have never recieved my order. I call every week just to ask whats going on and get a different story everytime. I have now asked for a refund and can't get anyone to do that either. The costumer service is awful!

Cindy
April 11th, 2018 Aurora, CO DETAILS

Had 2 different gift cards my first order online would not take the card. I had to place order by phone. My 2nd order and card I did by phone. All was supposed to be fine but a week later still had not shipped. I called again and it was supposed to be shipping. It wasn't and now one of the items is back ordered. All had been in stock. My order still was not being processed. I'm told now that it will.be at least another week for the BO item. My other items are to ship tomorrow????

Teshia Velasquez
April 3rd, 2018 San Bernardino, CA

Their order processing time takes too long. I ordered cow hooves for my dogs on March 24th and they were not processed and shipped until the end of the business day on the 29th. My order is scheduled to be delivered on April 3rd, even with upgraded shipping. Days after ordering the hooves from PetSupplies, I purchased other items from different online retailers and I have received all my supplies, but I am still waiting for my hooves. Their prices are good, but if you need it quickly, I would recommend ordering from another pet supply company.

Arwen Downs
March 26th, 2018 Arlington, MA DETAILS

Awful service. I had to try and contact them five times to finally get an answer; they divide up charges so that they charge your card multiple times; orders are listed as "shipped" days before they actually ship. Don't use them. Very sketchy.

barb
November 27th, 2017 Fort Thomas, KY DETAILS

I ordered $700 in large items. They sent me a msg stating it was so heavy they'd need more in shipping. Then back tracked when I called. Then double charged my checking account. CS said they couldn't help me, the first charge was a place holder and the second was the actual charge. My account was locked up and unusable. They said the first charge should go away in 24 hours. Meanwhile, my bank made me d/c my card and get another one. The item finally shipped and was on the way and I received an email telling me my items were on back order and also gave me numerous tracking numbers (more than the things I ordered). The things arrived, but I still had to cancel my card, they finally took the original charge off and continued to incrementally charge my account until the final charge was met. They are stupid and unhelpful and the girl actually told me sorry, call your bank, may be they can take our pending charges off for you. Idiots.

Randall Arnold
November 6th, 2017 Kansas City, KS DETAILS

Ordered a Tank Heater that I desperately needed. Received a bucket of fish food instead. Have made two phone calls and two emails trying to get this issue resolved. I was told that they would not shop the correct item until they received tracking information on the bucket of fish food that I DID NOT order. I am still waiting for the return shipping label to be emailed to me. Because of this, I've lost about half of my fish because the old heater that I had finally failed. This has been a terrible experience.

HB
October 10th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO

Takes FOREVER to get your order! It would have been one thing if I didn't pay for shipping, but I did and I ordered it on 9/30 and it's 10/6 and it's still not here! They also keep changing the delivery date! Will never order from them again.

Juan Marin
October 6th, 2017 Lodi, NJ

I ordered a harness for my 14 yr old dog because he has hip and joint problems. At first I ordered a medium size, but had to return it because it was too tight and didn't fit. First off I had to pay for the return shipping. And even after they received it it takes 7-10 business days to be credited to my debit card. Which I think is ridiculous. So I ordered a medium-large harness and payed for it right away. The customer service person did not inform me that they did not have it in stock. They have 2 warehouses in 2 different states and was told it would take 2 weeks for me to receive it and that it was in back order. If the person that I called about the order had told me that it would take 2 weeks, I would have looked elsewhere to purchase it. i am still waiting for the harness. I think these guys are totally disorganized and will never ever buy anything from them again!!!

Brian
September 18th, 2017

Ordered 14 dog bowls for an amazing price. They were ceramic for several wood projects I am working on and were packaged very well. 1 bowl was damaged in delivery (box was noticeably roughed up during delivery by FedEx) and when I called 1800petsupplies they immediately responded and shipped a replacement bowl. I couldn't be happier with their service and will be ordering more if their prices remain unbeatable.

Allison
August 28th, 2017

Recieved wrong product and returned. Have had no reconciliation on the billing.

debbie
August 23rd, 2017

I received an order, my first order with this company and one of the items was wrong. I ordered large dog bones for a 90 pound dog, and they sent small bones. I spoke to someone on the phone and told them that the order was wrong, that I specifically remember noting the large bones only came with 9 bones, but my dog would not choke on them because they were large. She proceeded to tell me I must have accidentally chosen the wrong one, and could pay for shipping to send back for new one. I was mad, because this is NOT what I chose, and I do not want to have to pay to send it back. She did not care one bit. So, I will donate the small bones to the local shelter and NEVER Order from them again!!

T
September 26th, 2016 Denver, CO

I have bought the pig ears in past. The first 2 times were perfect - good quality, great prices. Then the 3rd time the shipment was 1/2 good and 1/2 bad. I let the people know about quality assurance issues and seemed just a bad batch. Then I order the 4th time. Same bad quality - large cut pig ears not finished with hair on them. I did tell 1800 pet supply, I would not be ordering any more. Who ever they are using is not right - the price is not much different after the 1st time using service and really seems to be more of an issue then worth. Once again they start great but that ended very quickly. Not worth the hassle.

Ambian Flight
September 4th, 2016 Conroe, TX

No secure checkout. I was going to place an order and realized the checkout did not have SSL - you should see the green lock and green https to the top left of the url. I did not go through with the purchase. I do not trust a company that does not offer SSL at checkout and in other places where you put your personal information.

Julie Jawor
July 21st, 2016 Riverside, IL

Strike 1: I emailed customer service because my discount on the items I ordered had an issue. No response. strike 2: the large, $125 item I ordered arrived with a very toxic smell. When I submitted my request for return I was told I had to pay shipping to send the heavy item back and would be charged a restocking fee...but the problem was with the product that was sent to me. It smelled awful. Absolutely ridiculous. Strike 3: After many emails back and forth, I asked to be put in touch with a supervisor. That email was ignored. I will never buy from this company again and recommend that, no matter what competitive prices are on the market, you make your purchase elsewhere.

Lisa Register
June 13th, 2016 Hillsboro, TX

I wrote this company about the most important part of an order that they plain didn't have any longer. I wasn't contacted, but they certainly let me know that the rest of the order was processed and shipped. I would have purchased elsewhere if they had told me that what amounted to more than 1/2 my order wasn't available despite the site advertising it - great price too! To get my order, I wanted this particular product, so I went ahead and ordered my other items too. Shipping was nearly $25!!! This order was a total rip off - bait and not even an equivalent replacement at no additional charge - no, not a word at all. Canned foods are what some, some pet supply companies charge the most for, but that was the missing part of my order - 2 cases of 12 cans each. Did shipping get dropped? Hmmmm. I will not do business with 1800PetSupplies again.

J
January 18th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

This company never delivered my item and aslo robed me of $149 plus shipping .. I ould not order . They sent to incorrect address

Kim Strong BuMiller
January 8th, 2016 Escondido, CA

I agree with Zoey. After 4 days of hearing nothing about my order, I too, got a weird email stating there is a problem with my credit card. It said to call another number, which I will not. I've been ordering things online for 20 years and never had a response like they gave me. It should have shipped 2 days ago so I am not happy with their customer service. I'm going to call their company number tomorrow because at 4 pm, their office is closed. No voice mail either...just a lame way to run a business!

Zoey Green
June 9th, 2015 Seattle, WA

I placed an order online and received a suspicious looking email (the email looked like spam and had a typo in the title) the following day asking me to call a 1-888 number in order to verify my address or my order would be cancelled. As someone who orders online very regularly this was highly odd, inefficient and inconvenient. If I place an order online, it doesn't mean I want to also call in to customer service to finish my order. Absolutely ridiculous! Now I'm even questioning whether or not my products will arrive based on the company's questionable operating procedures. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER from this company at least until they chance their online ordering policies.

Leah Holmes
June 9th, 2015 Fulton, NY

I bought a ortho dog bed from 1-800 petsupplies,and it fell apart,I paid $74.00 for it,their policy didn't cover defective or damaged products,WHAT!