1800PetSupplies Logo

1800PetSupplies

Is This Your Business?

3.1

LAST UPDATED: July 7th, 2021

1800PetSupplies has a wide variety of products for animals of all shapes and sizes. On the website, customers can expect some of the highest quality pet products from respected brands with some of the most competitive prices in the industry. 1800PetSupplies knows that pets provide numerous health benefits to us humans, so it’s only fair that pet parents give their pets the best pet supplies. Whether pet owners are looking for a bed for a specific dog breed or a terrarium for a lizard they can rely on 1800PetSupplies to have it.

TABcom, LLC owns 1800PetSupplies. The company is a parent company to a wide variety of pet-related websites.

Petco Logo
#2 Petco chevron_right
3.6
PetSmart Logo
#3 PetSmart chevron_right

The Good

• Product Variety
  • Price Match Guarantee

Product Variety

Pet owners will have a wide range of supplies to pick from for their pets. 1800PetSupplies has products for cats, dogs, reptiles, birds, fish, small animals, and wild birds. Shoppers can even find items for the holidays or buy medications and supplements.  For example, dog owners, can find special dog food, dog treats, dog clothes or high-quality flea and tick medication. There is even a clearance category for pet owners looking to save some money.

Price Match Guarantee

1800PetSupplies strives to give excellent customer service. If customers purchase a product and find that a competitor sells it for a lower price, 1800PetSupplies will match the price. The price match guarantee is valid before purchase and up to 14 days after the date of sale. The products must be identical.

The Bad

• Shipping Options and Fees
  • Price Match Exclusions and Limitations

Shipping Options and Fees

1800PetSupplies has a few different payment options available for consumers to use. They allow payments through PayPal, and Amazon payments. The company can ship to all 50 states, Canada, and many international countries. While it is a positive aspect of the company to be able to ship to many different places, it may come at a price for some shoppers. Any shipments to Alaska and Hawaii have an additional $29.95 shipping fee added to the original shipping price. Shipments to Canada and international countries also cost quite a bit more than the average shipping.

One of the biggest disappointments is their lack of a free shipping rate. It seems to be a standard of online pet stores to offer free shipping on orders roughly $49 or more. All orders are priced for shipments based on the weight of the order. This could prove to be very costly and much more so than those sites that offer a fixed shipping rate.

Price Match Exclusions and Limitations

The price match is a nice feature, but there are some exclusions and limitations that customers should be aware of:

• Item must be the identical brand name, size, weight, color, model number and must be in stock.
  • No rain checks will be issued for out of stock items
  • 1800PetSupplies reserves the right to limit quantities to one per customer, per item, per day.
  • The calculation of the total price will include the shipping charges and the cost of the product.
  • The company reserves the right to restrict price matching due to online typographical errors.
  • Items ineligible for price match include, but are not limited to, supplements, wormers, pharmacy, e-certificates and auto ship items.
  • 1800PetSupplies cannot price match items which are doorbusters, closeouts, BOGO, clearance, limited quantity items, refurbished items, liquidation, out of stock items, free product offers, special orders and gift with purchase.
  • Prices from paid membership clubs or paid loyalty programs which require a club or loyalty card will not be honored.

The Bottom Line

Pet owners looking for a one-stop shop for various pet supplies will find that 1800PetSupplies has plenty of brands and products. Pet parents of all types of animals whether big or small will find competitive prices and high-quality merchandise. However, 1800PetSupplies’ shipping options and fees are not ideal. Customers have the choice of the following shipping methods:

• Economy*: 7-10 Business Days
  • Ground: 2-6 Business Days
  • 3 Day Shipping: 3 Business Days
  • 2nd Day Air: 2 Business Days
  • Next Day Air: 1 Business Day
  • Priority Mail*: 7-10 Business Days

Order shipping costs are determined based on the total weight of the item(s). Moreover, oversized products will be charged additional fees.

Along with the less than ideal shipping options and fees, the price match has some issues. There are a number of items and situations that disqualify products from the price match guarantee. While this is common, customers are not generally made aware of this information, until they go to redeem the price match.

View Best Online Pet Stores

*Please note Economy shipping may utilize USPS for final delivery.

*Please note that due to carrier restrictions, some products shipping to the 48 contiguous states must be sent via Ground Shipping and are not available for Economy Shipping.

*Orders to APO/PPO, PO Box, Guam and the Virgin Islands ship Priority Mail. Order to Puerto Rico can be shipped Economy or Priority Mail.

1.3

Bk Da Beast Voorhees Township, NJ

If there was a way to give less than 1 star this company earned it handily. i do not rush to judgment on a company, but after giving this company two tries to get my business, they have failed miserably. customer service is practically non existent. call their phone (888 809 0751) you will be led around advertisings and the " We are waaaayyy to busy" to talk to anyone now, coupled with the fact the call disconnects after about 6 mins in after telling you they will pick up your call shortly. ( happened 3 times) . Each order I asked and paid for expedited shipping, only to find out that my order is backordered, and will not ship for at least another week. There was no correspondence form this company I had to go to the website and see that my order was not going to ship and still hasn't shipped ( The last order was placed on 6/26 with 2 day shipping). So if you want your time and money wasted go ahead and use this SHAM of a company they will gladly fleece you for whatever you allow. Realize that this same review I am writing is a theme amongst other reviewers. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Cathy Jones Danville, VA

I ordered flea/tick medication for my pets. I paid for expedited shipping to ensure I received it prior to going on vacation. It took several days to update the order status. I ordered on 5/28. 6/2 I received an email stating my order should shp soon and the ship date would be 6/7. I emailed to ask for my expedited shipping back. It does state that most ship within 4-7 days. I believed that expedited shipping would expedite the shipment. Not only did they refuse to refund my shipping charges (my estimate would be a difference in about 2 days for the free shipping if that). I emailed back stating that I did not agree with being charged without receiving my product more quickly. The product was finally delivered on 6/10. Almost 2 weeks after I ordered and paid extra for 2-4 day shipping. Very disappointed in the lack of communication and customer service by this company.

Brian

Ordered 14 dog bowls for an amazing price. They were ceramic for several wood projects I am working on and were packaged very well. 1 bowl was damaged in delivery (box was noticeably roughed up during delivery by FedEx) and when I called 1800petsupplies they immediately responded and shipped a replacement bowl. I couldn't be happier with their service and will be ordering more if their prices remain unbeatable.

Alicia Hayes Acton, MA

I would give 0 stars if possible. I have been trying to reach them since January 27 regarding a prescription for an offer. There is no phone number. Their online customer service generates errors and all their emails bounce back. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH them.

John B Hancock, NY

On July 29 I ordered a Nature's Miracle litter box and Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer. The urine destroyer was shipped. However, the litter box still has not shipped. I have called your customer service department twice but got the calls transferred to sales since your customer service department was allegedly "Busy" when I called. As of today I have heard absolutely nothing from your company about when the litter box will ship. Therefore, I have no choice but to not recommend your company (or any of your sibling companies like dogs.com) to anybody who is looking for pet supplies, because you have been unresponsive to my calls. If this Facebook post elicits the proper response of either my getting the litter box or getting a refund for something that you don't seem to want to ship to me, then fine. If not, this post will be a "tribute" to your ineptitude when it comes to customer service.

Ladonna Robertson McKinney, TX

If I could I would give this company 0 stars. This company advertises to have everything in stock but they do not. I made an account with this company and set up an auto-ship for every 4 weeks for Bully Performance 40-pound bag of dog food of which they said they had in stock but was a lie. When I set up the account they took a payment from my bank account and was supposed to be shipping my dog food so I let my dog food run out and I'm waiting and waiting to receive my dog food that I never received. Well after the day my order was to be delivered to my house they all of a sudden without any notice refund the money, So I go to the site to see what is going on and when I go to check my orders it says that my dog food is on backorder. I am shocked I have been waiting and waiting and without any notice, they just refund the money with no email, no nothing. I had to go out and buy my dogs some food because I never received their food. Then out of the blue, again they take a payment out of my account and say they are shipping a bag. I finally receive a bag of food then 3 weeks later they take a payment from my bank account and say they are to be shipping the food. It is past time for me to have received this food so I go to the site to see what is going on and again it says my order is on backorder and says there is no estimated shipping date and behind all that they have a date of 9/14/2020, it is Aug 12, 2020, my dogs can not wait until sometime in September to get their food! I have to go out and buy my dogs another bag of food because the food they were supposed to be getting is not coming so that is twice the money I have spent trying to feed my dogs. This company false advertises their products and they do not ship your order when they are supposed too and they do not send you any kind of email notice or anything to let you know what is going on they just take the money then don't send the food. I cancelled my account and unsubscribed to this company. I want to warn EVERYONE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY CAN NOT HANDLE THE ORDERS THEY HAVE AND YOU END UP HAVING TO SPEND TWICE THE MONEY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT SEND YOUR PRODUCT BUT TAKE THE MONEY LIKE THEY ARE SENDING IT THEN THEY DO NOT SEND IT and they do not give you any notice that the order you think is coming is not coming.

Regina ,

This is the worst company I have ever seen after canceling a order due to them not able to get it was amazing that the next day after canceling the order I received a tex that the product was being shipped then they charged me not once but twice with fees and try to return the item to them is impossible called at least ten times and numerous emails with no help or unable to reach customer service only get the ordering department who tell me the same thing they are sorry for the inconvenience and will send a email to customer service and someone will get back to me within 48 hours that’s a joke maybe they mention 48 years still awaiting a response I would never recommend them to anyone

Tiffiny Coffie Brandon, FL

On APRIL 19th i placed an order for a teal dog bath $150. On APRIL 29th I recieved the order but in RED. The box is clearly marked red but the packing slip states teal. My home is grey and teal ie. The main reason I paid more from 1800petsupplies for it to match my home. I reached out to 1800's customer service for then to ask me to send picture proof (I figure they thought I was color blind). I sent picture proof that the tub was RED. I was told on April 30th that they will have ups pick up the wrong one the beggining of the following week and will ship out the correct one asap. I made sure someone was at home to ensure we did not miss ups, Monday, Tues and weds, on April 5th I tried calling and never got through so I messaged 1800 on facebook asking why the wrong one had not been picked up and where is the tracking number for the correct teal one. I was called by a manager. The MANAGER told me that she would ensure the correct one was sent out on the 5th or the 6th at the latest and in that box would be a return label for the wrong one (story #2) on May 11th i reached out again on Facebook asking why i STILL have not seen the correct one or a tracking email about it. It was explained to me that this item is coming from another manufacturer and they basically take NO RESPONSIBILITY for them screwing up. That they are still awaiting a answer from them on tracking and they would let me know when they get it. Wow!!! Just wow!!! I work for a distributor myself and when a manufacturer makes a mistake I ensure it is taken care of in a timely manner so 1800petsupplies assumes NO RESPONSIBILITY I am sure most of there products if not all are bought from other manufacturers so DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY DO NOT CARE.

Steph Bayport, MN

1800PetSupplies: I purchased booties for my dog and I received an email from them telling me part of my order will be shipped at a later date so apparently my dog would only be getting 2 of the 4 booties ordered. I called customer service and they confirmed that part of my order had shipped and they cannot issue me a refund. Then, six day after placing the order I received another email stating they no longer carry the product that I found on their website, which said it was instock and my whole order was refunded? Apparently, nothing ever shipped. This was the first time I ever used 1800PetSupplies and likely the last.

amyh Medina, OH

Very bad experience. I ordered a coat for my dog and I paid $9 shipping which I agreed to. The coat came and it's paper thin. Literally no lining & it's see through. I called and gave them the order # on that was their packing slip and the rep became angry w/ me saying that order doesn't exist. Finally she found it and then told me to ship it back to some odd address. She told me to right it down and she talked as fast as she could telling me to send it back to 0519965 tabcom jagger something. I had to ask her 3xs to slow down and that non of this made sense. I finally asked if I could talk w/ someone else as clearly she didn't want to do her job. She wouldn't let me talk to anyone else. I told her I'd wait, she said no. I had to call back again. Unreal. At least the second rep was nice and helpful. But after that treatment, I will not shop here ever again.

Melissa Hilding Pendleton, OR

HORRIBLE! Do not go through this company or your pets are going to be hungry! They sent me the wrong order, fine, mistakes happen, however, getting resolve has been and continues to be a nightmare! They asked to email pictures in of the wrong product I recieved and give the order number. Called customer service to be sure they were recieved and to find out when it would be corrected and what I got was blame to the warehouse, excuses and really rude customer service. I left a message on a "managers" line and have recieved no correspondence 3 days later. This business sucks! I will definately take my business back to drs foster and smith and chewy.com

Kaylee Naj West Palm Beach, FL

I have made 4 separate purchases from 1800PetSupplies. My first 3 orders were dog toys and shipped immediately. I thought the company was great. When I made my last order 1 month ago, I purchased flea and tick medication and heart worm pills. I was charged and have never recieved my order. I call every week just to ask whats going on and get a different story everytime. I have now asked for a refund and can't get anyone to do that either. The costumer service is awful!

Teshia Velasquez San Bernardino, CA

Their order processing time takes too long. I ordered cow hooves for my dogs on March 24th and they were not processed and shipped until the end of the business day on the 29th. My order is scheduled to be delivered on April 3rd, even with upgraded shipping. Days after ordering the hooves from PetSupplies, I purchased other items from different online retailers and I have received all my supplies, but I am still waiting for my hooves. Their prices are good, but if you need it quickly, I would recommend ordering from another pet supply company.

barb Fort Thomas, KY

I ordered $700 in large items. They sent me a msg stating it was so heavy they'd need more in shipping. Then back tracked when I called. Then double charged my checking account. CS said they couldn't help me, the first charge was a place holder and the second was the actual charge. My account was locked up and unusable. They said the first charge should go away in 24 hours. Meanwhile, my bank made me d/c my card and get another one. The item finally shipped and was on the way and I received an email telling me my items were on back order and also gave me numerous tracking numbers (more than the things I ordered). The things arrived, but I still had to cancel my card, they finally took the original charge off and continued to incrementally charge my account until the final charge was met. They are stupid and unhelpful and the girl actually told me sorry, call your bank, may be they can take our pending charges off for you. Idiots.

Juan Marin Lodi, NJ

I ordered a harness for my 14 yr old dog because he has hip and joint problems. At first I ordered a medium size, but had to return it because it was too tight and didn't fit. First off I had to pay for the return shipping. And even after they received it it takes 7-10 business days to be credited to my debit card. Which I think is ridiculous. So I ordered a medium-large harness and payed for it right away. The customer service person did not inform me that they did not have it in stock. They have 2 warehouses in 2 different states and was told it would take 2 weeks for me to receive it and that it was in back order. If the person that I called about the order had told me that it would take 2 weeks, I would have looked elsewhere to purchase it. i am still waiting for the harness. I think these guys are totally disorganized and will never ever buy anything from them again!!!

debbie

I received an order, my first order with this company and one of the items was wrong. I ordered large dog bones for a 90 pound dog, and they sent small bones. I spoke to someone on the phone and told them that the order was wrong, that I specifically remember noting the large bones only came with 9 bones, but my dog would not choke on them because they were large. She proceeded to tell me I must have accidentally chosen the wrong one, and could pay for shipping to send back for new one. I was mad, because this is NOT what I chose, and I do not want to have to pay to send it back. She did not care one bit. So, I will donate the small bones to the local shelter and NEVER Order from them again!!

T Denver, CO

I have bought the pig ears in past. The first 2 times were perfect - good quality, great prices. Then the 3rd time the shipment was 1/2 good and 1/2 bad. I let the people know about quality assurance issues and seemed just a bad batch. Then I order the 4th time. Same bad quality - large cut pig ears not finished with hair on them. I did tell 1800 pet supply, I would not be ordering any more. Who ever they are using is not right - the price is not much different after the 1st time using service and really seems to be more of an issue then worth. Once again they start great but that ended very quickly. Not worth the hassle.

Julie Jawor Riverside, IL

Strike 1: I emailed customer service because my discount on the items I ordered had an issue. No response. strike 2: the large, $125 item I ordered arrived with a very toxic smell. When I submitted my request for return I was told I had to pay shipping to send the heavy item back and would be charged a restocking fee...but the problem was with the product that was sent to me. It smelled awful. Absolutely ridiculous. Strike 3: After many emails back and forth, I asked to be put in touch with a supervisor. That email was ignored. I will never buy from this company again and recommend that, no matter what competitive prices are on the market, you make your purchase elsewhere.

Lisa Register Hillsboro, TX

I wrote this company about the most important part of an order that they plain didn't have any longer. I wasn't contacted, but they certainly let me know that the rest of the order was processed and shipped. I would have purchased elsewhere if they had told me that what amounted to more than 1/2 my order wasn't available despite the site advertising it - great price too! To get my order, I wanted this particular product, so I went ahead and ordered my other items too. Shipping was nearly $25!!! This order was a total rip off - bait and not even an equivalent replacement at no additional charge - no, not a word at all. Canned foods are what some, some pet supply companies charge the most for, but that was the missing part of my order - 2 cases of 12 cans each. Did shipping get dropped? Hmmmm. I will not do business with 1800PetSupplies again.

Zoey Green Seattle, WA

I placed an order online and received a suspicious looking email (the email looked like spam and had a typo in the title) the following day asking me to call a 1-888 number in order to verify my address or my order would be cancelled. As someone who orders online very regularly this was highly odd, inefficient and inconvenient. If I place an order online, it doesn't mean I want to also call in to customer service to finish my order. Absolutely ridiculous! Now I'm even questioning whether or not my products will arrive based on the company's questionable operating procedures. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER from this company at least until they chance their online ordering policies.

Bee Endicott, NY

I can't get the 20% off $79 code to work, no matter what I put in the shopping cart. After reading the reviews I am glad I never placed my order. Back to Chewy I go!

RJ Charlotte, NC

God awful site. Never do they tell you products are out of stock. You can't get ahold of anyone in customer service. They should be banned from doing any business with anyone! What a disgrace! Who's running this dysfunctional operation??

steve Hanover, MD

I ordered a dog bed May 18 and was told it was in stock. As of June 10 I have still not received it. I have call several times to speak to customer service but only get a message that someone will return my call that has never happened. I have emailed customer service and again no response. I have ask that they cancel the order and refund me again to no avail. I am assuming that I will never receive either the order or a refund. I will never use them again and will tell everyone I can about my experience. I give them no stars

Tad Salem, OR

I ordered a few items from this company thinking it was another company with a similar name. Both times, the order was split and the second part was seriously delayed. They are saying it was sent back to them but they can't resend the items to us until they receive them back at their facility. They only answer phones 8-5 M-F which makes it difficult for working folks. The medications for my cat cannot be delayed any longer, so I am ordering from a company I trust. I will never order from 1800PetSupplies again. So tired of the run around.

M. Ann Arizona City, AZ

Abominable doesn’t begin to describe the customer service. Would strongly advise NOT doing business with this company. I purchased an item that was defective. I paid shipping to get the item to me and back to vendor. I have made 6 calls and still have not received a refund for the shipping. I was offered a minimal credit and for obvious reasons would never do business with this company again nor would I give the credit to anybody to have to deal with the ineptitude that I am experiencing. I strongly advocate doing business with Chewy where I have had exceptional customer service.

KSouthwell Brighton, CO

Placed an order last week, shipping was pretty quick. However, the order I received today was NOT my order!!! I order toys for my pets for Christmas and when I opened the package today it was full of flea and tick and other medication. Tried calling the 1800 number and was told customer service was closed and someone who call me back in 24-48 business hours!! So much for Christmas for my babies!!!

Bob Hale Abilene, TX

I purchased 2 bags of dog food, one of which was back ordered and shipped weeks later. My dog would not eat the food after a few days, so I called and requested a Return Authorization for the unopened bag of food. They say that the dog food is a consumable item and cannot be returned even though the bag is still factory sealed. I'm out $101. The website prominently displays their 30 day return policy. Beware of the fine print which excludes many items. Never again!

Cindy Aurora, CO

Had 2 different gift cards my first order online would not take the card. I had to place order by phone. My 2nd order and card I did by phone. All was supposed to be fine but a week later still had not shipped. I called again and it was supposed to be shipping. It wasn't and now one of the items is back ordered. All had been in stock. My order still was not being processed. I'm told now that it will.be at least another week for the BO item. My other items are to ship tomorrow????

Randall Arnold Kansas City, KS

Ordered a Tank Heater that I desperately needed. Received a bucket of fish food instead. Have made two phone calls and two emails trying to get this issue resolved. I was told that they would not shop the correct item until they received tracking information on the bucket of fish food that I DID NOT order. I am still waiting for the return shipping label to be emailed to me. Because of this, I've lost about half of my fish because the old heater that I had finally failed. This has been a terrible experience.

Kim Strong BuMiller Escondido, CA

I agree with Zoey. After 4 days of hearing nothing about my order, I too, got a weird email stating there is a problem with my credit card. It said to call another number, which I will not. I've been ordering things online for 20 years and never had a response like they gave me. It should have shipped 2 days ago so I am not happy with their customer service. I'm going to call their company number tomorrow because at 4 pm, their office is closed. No voice mail either...just a lame way to run a business!

Arwen Downs Arlington, MA

Awful service. I had to try and contact them five times to finally get an answer; they divide up charges so that they charge your card multiple times; orders are listed as "shipped" days before they actually ship. Don't use them. Very sketchy.

HB Colorado Springs, CO

Takes FOREVER to get your order! It would have been one thing if I didn't pay for shipping, but I did and I ordered it on 9/30 and it's 10/6 and it's still not here! They also keep changing the delivery date! Will never order from them again.

Ambian Flight Conroe, TX

No secure checkout. I was going to place an order and realized the checkout did not have SSL - you should see the green lock and green https to the top left of the url. I did not go through with the purchase. I do not trust a company that does not offer SSL at checkout and in other places where you put your personal information.

Amanda Warrendale, PA

1800 Pet supplies is great! Their website makes it really easy to order anything I might need for my cat!

J San Antonio, TX

This company never delivered my item and aslo robed me of $149 plus shipping .. I ould not order . They sent to incorrect address

Leah Holmes Fulton, NY

I bought a ortho dog bed from 1-800 petsupplies,and it fell apart,I paid $74.00 for it,their policy didn't cover defective or damaged products,WHAT!

Ronald Oldham

Awful customer service, shipping is the worst, have made my last purchase on 1800PetSupplies.

Allison

Recieved wrong product and returned. Have had no reconciliation on the billing.