HomeTeam Pest Defense Logo

HomeTeam Pest Defense

Is This Your Business?

5.8

LAST UPDATED: July 4th, 2022

HomeTeam Pest Defense believes in putting its customers first. The pest control company strives to "deliver a delightful experience every time" and to provide its employees with the support and development to create the best quality pest control experience possible. HomeTeam Pest Defense was established in 1996 with its headquarters in Dallas, Texas. It is currently the third largest residential pest control company in the United States.

Here are some other impressive HomeTeam Pest Defense stats:

• #1 pest management company servicing home builders
  • Performs more than 1 million services each year
  • Over 1,700 employees
  • Over 50 branch locations

In addition to its bi-annual and quarterly service, pest control services, Taexx, the innovative built-in pest control system, the pest control company offers pre-construction services for home builders and traditional pest and termite control services for homeowners.

The Good

• Taexx System
  • Technicians and Service Professionals
  • Protecting Homes from Rodents, Insects, and Bugs

Taexx System

HomeTeam Pest Defense designed Taexx, which is the original Tubes in the Wall® system that creates a virtual barrier that helps keep unwanted pests out of homes. The Taexx system is a network of tubes that run throughout designated walls of a house to target household pests at the point of entry. Every so often, an experienced technician will distribute pest control materials* through locked service points (located on the outside of the home).

Homebuilders are encouraged to call and partner with HomeTeam Pest Defense to install Taexx. HomeTeam Pest Defense states that homebuilders will attract more clients by offering a unique lifestyle feature that allows convenient pest control.

Depending on a customers location, seasonal changes, and local pests, Taexx is carefully placed based on these factors. HomeTeam Pest uses their pest control expertise and in-depth local knowledge to create an effective and efficient local pest control solutions.

The Taexx Built-In Pest Control System comes with a 100 percent service guarantee**.

Technicians and Service Professionals

HomeTeam Pest Defense's goal is to be a long-term partner in maintaining a secure and comfortable environment for families. The company holds its exterminator team and service professionals to high standards. Customers can expect a HomeTeam technician, service professional or customer service representatives to be prompt, courteous, knowledgable and committed to providing the best service possible.

Protecting Homes from Rodents, Insects, and Bugs

HomeTeam Pest Defense offers a wide variety of information on all kinds of insects, rodents, and other bug species. Homeowners can find out which pests are the most common in their area, which pests are more likely to be found inside, how to get rid of a pest infestation or other insect problems.

HomeTeam Pest Defense has information on the following:

• Wasps
  • Scorpions
  • Fleas
  • House Flies

Whether homeowners are looking to get rid of mice from their attic, need a termite inspection, or are asking who to call about getting a wasp nest down, HomeTeam Pest Defense can help.

*Pest control materials and pesticide products applied through the Taexx system are registered by the Environmental Protection Agency.

**Taexx service is not a treatment for termites.

The Bad

• Warranty Information
  • Limitations
  • State Coverage

Warranty Information

HomeTeam offers a warranty but requires members to fill out a form on their website to activate it. HomeTeam Pest Defense doesn't disclose any warranty details until customers have submitted the online form.

Limitations

Despite HomeTeam Pest Defense's impressive offering, the pest control company does have some limitations. First, it has the Taexx Built-In Pest Control System installed during a home's construction. If a customer wants this feature, they will need to contact their builder and ask if Taexx is a standard feature.

However, for homes that are already built, the company offers a pest control service with the HomeTeam Pest Defense 6-Point Advantage Service.

The company also has some limitations in terms of the insect types it covers. For example, HomeTeam does not appear to have any kind of bed bug coverage in place. Additional services like lawn care also seem to be missing.

State Coverage

HomeTeam Pest is only located in twelve states. Thus, their services are limited to those locations. HomeTeam Pest urges potential customers to call and speak with a customer service representative of their local branch to learn how HomeTeam can help them get rid of unwanted pests.

Residents of the following states have access to HomeTeam Pest Defense’s services:

• Arizona
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia

The Bottom Line

For those looking for a pest control provider HomeTeam Pest Defense has a number of services and features that are convenient for customers. The convenience of the Taexx Pest Control System is excellent for those building a home, as they can have a pest control management system installed within the walls of their home. The locked ports on the outside of the home, so that a local exterminator can come by and simply fill the port with the materials, is great for those who can't always be home. However, HomeTeam Pest Defense is not located nationwide, so the services and extra features are limited to those residents.

View Best Pest Control Companies

3.3

Jane McFetridge Phoenix, AZ

I have been a customer of Home Team Pest Defense since 2005 when we moved into a newly built home in Phoenix. Over the years, I never had any issues with technicians or office staff. The service was so smooth that I sometimes wondered how it could function so easily. Occasionally there would be an unexpected problem with ants, spiders, or some other pest. The technician would come immediately and there was never any charge. Recently, I was advised of a termite problem and Danny came to assess the issue. He was so kind and understanding that he put me at ease and explained my options, oftn going over things twice or three times.. He also tried to get me the best and most appropriate service for a 70 year old widow on a fixed income. Danny was professional and extremely customer service oriented. I would recommend him to anyone and I think that Home Team is lucky to have him working for them. I also am very pleased with my technician, Luis. He is patient and always answers all my questions. Overall, I am very happy with the Home Team Pest Defense service.

Carol E Brown Harker Heights, TX

I have been using Home Team Pest Defense company for the past 19 years. There service is excellent and their technicians are very professional and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this company to others.

Robin Roblin Garland, TX

I live in Sachse. I use Home Team for my pest control. The last few times Carl has been serving my home. I cannot rave enough about him. He is so personable, helpful, and professional. Please send him out every time! Robin

Richard Duckworth Wendell, NC

My home builder David Weekly had the Taexx Pest Control System installed and I personally have yet to see a bug in my home. I am an asthmatic and have a dog and appreciate not having the chemicals used sprayed inside along the baseboards in my home. They also service the Sentricon system for termites. The HomeTeam associates are always on time to service my home.

Helaine Sanford, FL

Excellent company. I have been a customer for 22 years and had the same spray person for most of that time. I have had great service and they are always available for followup, if needed, with no extra charge

Kenneth

I have had nothing but great service from them. They are on the expensive side if you do other services outside of the quarterly service. You get what you pay for. As it relates to a contract, I'm scratching my head on this one because they never made me sign a contract. The re-treatments do not cost if you need them to come back. By the way, this is on a newly built home. Overall the customer service is great and we have built great relationships with the techs and customer service. 5 stars all the way!!!!!!

Sharyn

Having just moved to Naples, Florida I asked my neighbors for a referral for pest conrol. Everyone strongly suggested Home Team. I signed up after talking to Dan who answered my questions & assured me they would provide good service. Employee CJ came out to my house on short notice & was great. I’m looking forward to continued good service.

Rick Froid Park Ridge, IL

Home Team is awesome. Have been using for over 4 years now. Great customer service online with giving us a heads up on treatment days

Leslie Jacksonville, NC

We have had homeTeam since we bought our new construction home in 2014. They have great customer service and there technicians are very pleasant. Highly recommend.

LadyJazz Raleigh, NC

Prompt, thorough, professional service. Suggestions given and treatment given for new problems.

LeeAnn Samsel Mesa, AZ

I appreciate having the same technician all the time. He came out next day when I found a scorpion in my house and was helpful and understanding.

Jesse Martinez

Its been fantastic! I had some pesky bugs that wouldn't go away in our newly built home. The manager & pest employee came to my home to trap a few of the bugs, took them back to the office, put them under a microscope, & identified them. Then they were able to develop the proper plan to safely & effectively remove the bugs & prevent them from returning. It did take me calling into the office to get the additional assistance. I had to call them out a lot to keep treating the bugs. It would have been nice if the pest employee who treated my home over & over again would have requested assistance.