Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.9

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: November 24th, 2021

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mariam

Mike Beaman Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc. Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

bookmark

Featured Review

Mike Parsons Sandusky, MI

Enrico has serviced the house on a number of occasions and done an A+ job...Even making a special trip to treat an ant issue👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

bookmark

Featured Review

Deborah Brooksville, FL

I answered the door and thought, another sales pitch. Was I ever wrong. This was a down to earth, comfortable conversation with a smile as big as joy can show. Holly (sp) was knowledgeable, professional, patient as she came back later, not pushing and so showed the company goal of customer satisfaction . Would have to give her a ten out of ten if anyone is keeping track😁 Nigeria came today to start the initial treatment for the bug problem we have. He was just great, being professional, courteous, thorough, recommended helpful things going forward. Spent extra time hitting each fire ant pocket and several times asked if he could help with any other needs. Do you score 200 on a 100 scale? Thanks Nigeria.

Russell Chadds Ford, PA

The quarterly service I get is fantastic. No more mice, ants, sprickets, spiders, wasps, all gone. For the price it’s just the right amount of service. I did wish they treated for carpenter bees but that tends to cost a lot more, so I get it. I’ll take my reasonably priced quarterly service and free follow ups. The staff rotates on who shows up to the do the service. I’ve gotten some great professional people this past year so I’m pleased.

Mary A Winters Bartlett, IL

Our technician was Dontrell W and he was terrific! He explained the products and process during the cold months and the benefits. He explained all he would do and assured me he would be careful of the plantings surrounding the house. He was careful and went out of his way to be sure all webs were totally removed. Could not be happier with Dontrell and Aptive. Ever since we had our first application we have seen almost none of the unwanted spiders and ants. Great all-round experience!

Sonia Pavon Chicago, IL

I truly love this company! They are very professional very very friendly they care about their customers I have had issues in the past but they have been resolved very quickly I would recommend this company for anyone who is having problems with mice or rats or bugs

Kim Ashworth Leesburg, VA

Michael Y took extra steps to be sure my house would get the best service and worked with my schedule. We communicated by text and phone calls. I will request that Michael be the person to service my house from now on. Sincerely, Gary and Kim Ashworth

Patty Kinkade Minneapolis, MN

My tech Anna B went above and beyond to check and fill all my bait stations, and cleaned all around my house for the gross box elder bugs! She was very diligent and spent a good amount of time completing my service. She even took the time to come to my door to let me know what she would be doing and asked if I had any other needs or concerns. Thank you Anna!

JuanArango Frisco, TX

The service has always been great. Only once did I have to contact them about wasps, and they took care of it immediately and effectively. They reach out with a call and a text message a few days in advance of each regular visit in case you need to unlock a gate to give them access. Then the employee calls/texts about 30 minutes before showing up, rings the doorbell upon arrival, and before leaving texts me a summary of what they did. That exactly what Abel did this morning.

Terry Bajoua Vista, CA

Eric was very polite and very helpful to addressing our concerns yesterday, Love our service with Aptive we no longer have problems we once had with our previous pest control company, thanks.

Halle Wilson FL

Since we started with Aptive we have been impressed with both the technician and our results. The Tech was a great professional, he explained everything he was doing and was very knowledgeable in his work. send him again.

Beth Lefevre Boca Raton, FL

Our service person, Jonathan L., went above and beyond today. We have had an on going problem and he took the time to do everything possible to help solve it. He also took the time to educate me about doing more on our part.

Alma Rojero Chicago, IL

I'm really happy with Charles and the way he treated my house,he was so professional, he answered my questions very polite and he was so respectful inside and outside my house. Thank you!

M F Las Vegas, NV

Billy was great, I was late and was very Happy to see him waiting for me. He listened to our bug issues and took care of the issues quickly. Appreciate his professionalism!!!

Pam Jenkins Belleview, FL

Our service technician Marc texted me to know he was on his way and arrived quickly. He completed our service in a timely manner and communicated his findings when he finished

Kim K Carol Stream, IL

Our service tech Jon did a fantastic job. Our daughter's bedroom is in the basement and she has been finding some centipedes.. yuck! He spent extra time in the basement this time. He also found some hornet nest and he knocked them down for us. I would recommend active for anyone that wants a pest free home:-)

Kohan John Carmel, IN

Coly was my tech. He was professional, communicative and friendly. Their product works and totally gets rid of the pests that find their way inside my house. Highly recommend this company, been a customer going on two years. Couldn't be happier.

Kathy shadley North Olmsted, OH

Kendrick was here today and what a nice young man, he couldn’t have been nicer - he made an impression on me and was respectful yet knowledgeable and willing to take the extra step and make sure I was happy - I have been with Aptive now I’m guessing maybe 3-4 years and they have always sent nice respectful and knowledgeable young technicians - I had a rodent problem a while back and they came out 2 or 3 extra times to help me get it under control - they are always very professional - I have to say that Kendrick stood out as just a really nice young technician today and I wanted you to know that he is an asset to Aptive and represents the company very well - give him a raise!

Brenda Allender Charlotte, NC

Both representatives for the company that I spoke with were very helpful and informative. I feel as tho I received excellent service from them both today.

Bea M. Apex, NC

I absolutely enjoyed the service, it was professional, quick, and the customer serviceg was excellent. I would definitely recommend to anyone that need the service.

Ashley Watson Missouri City, TX

Roy was amazing! He was quickly responsive and went above and beyond to help us out in a very scary situation. We had wasps get into the house. He stayed until we got rid of every one of them.

Louella K Lakeside, CA

It has been a good experience. They are thorough and do a good job. Joshua P was very friendly, listened and addressed all areas that I was concerned about. He did a great job!

nolmo Woodland Hills, CA

Aptive has been servicing my property for a couple of years and I have been thankful for the service they have provided. They have been keeping the bugs at bay and have responded to a couple of incidents inside the house.

Carol Middleton Powell, OH

Kendall did an awesome job they were having some issues and he took the time to listen and try to take care of all the issues that were going on the best he knew how Thank you so much for your service today!

Diane Miller Excelsior, MN

Elizabeth M was our wonderful Service Tech today. Her communication skills are Excellent!!!! She is amazing. I would like to request her for every visit. She was excellent ! Please give her a raise

James Cockrell Milford, MI

Each of the employees are very nice and certainly know what their doing and answers all our questions and treats the areas mentioned. They are very prompt as well.. I thank you for the service you provide.

Nel Ignacio Ft. Washington, MD

Great experience. Reginald did above and beyond that I did not see other Aptive representative did before. I was very impressed with his work. He is very thorough when he was servicing the outside of my house. I really like him.

Angel Williamstown, NJ

The technician that came today was very professional, didn’t rush the job and also was sincere about the past problems that I had. That is really someone that likes their job and showed a good image of what a company should be like. The also accommodated me for the past issues so I can say anything bad about them !

Tom H Concord, CA

So far all 3 technicians were excellent. Very professional and clean, job well done every time. Today we had Brian, he was professional, and clean. No more scary bugs, thanks to Aptive. Definitely will recommend this service to all my friends.

Mike Reagan Denver, CO

Donald F. provided exceptional service. He asked questions to confirm our specific needs, took care to treat our yard and garage to eliminate rodents and he informed me of dynamics in our back yard that were likely causes of the rodents presence in our yard and offered some guidance on how to minimize their presence.

Jonesp Jupiter, FL

We’ve been very happy with Aptive and controlling the pests. Andy has done a terrific job and we appreciate his expertise and professionalism. We appreciate the extra steps to clean the webs and bugs from awnings and light fixtures.

Shelley Troy, MI

The technician Eric was very thorough and pleasant. He spent a lot of time here and explained everything. He was exceptional. I will request him for my next visit! I have had issues in the past with service but not this time! Thank you Eric!

Steven Bisel Macomb, MI

My technician, Enrico, does a fantastic job and is always very professional for the appointments. He communicates ahead of his arrival and has been very flexible with times and the content of services needed. I appreciate his approach and transparency and would recommend him and Aptive for your pest control needs in Michigan!

Baby Z Flores San Diego, CA

We just started with Aptive this year and our recent tech been doing a great job during their visits. Kalton was our first tech, introduced the product and service to us. Joshua P came in today and made sure he didn’t miss a spot in our place. They also provide a customer portal so we can review visits and track our payments and scheduling.

Alice Chen Agoura Hills, CA

Steven J was wonderful! He is very prompt with appointment. In addition to his routine service, he addressed my concerned about mosquitos in the backyard. He took time to let me know what he had done today. He has excellent customer service skills.

Pamela Hayes Friendswood, TX

A great and easy company to work with. The tech that serviced my mothers home sent me a text letting me know he would be there in 30 minutes, he explained how the bait he put out would work and they will come back out free of charge if any live bugs came back before the next service. I like the convenience of paying on line and the reminders they send when your getting close to your next service. I felt like the price was a little high, but compared to the other companies out there, Aptive is hands down better than the rest, the old saying of “ you get what you pay for” really is true.

Jeff San Rafael, CA

1) Excellent communication from Aptive from start to finish. from the phone desk to the technician doing the work. My technician (Shawn S.) was nothing less than excellent. he did a great service and put together a clear and detailed plan for my property. He was prompt, thorough and followed up with me. It’s exactly what I wanted and needed. Thanks Shawn and Thanks Aptive

Jeremy Bledsoe CA

I’ve battled bugs for years as the house backs up to a field. We get everything. Finally broke down and called in professional help. First spray was this past summer. Good results. My next spray was scheduled for November. I called to move it up and instead they came out for a follow up spray and said see you in a month. No extra charge. Great company. Great experience.

Phill.Tsutsui Torrance, CA

Rep John arrived on time. Rang our doorbell to advise the he was from Aptive and arrived to do our quarterly treatment. John was professional, advised me what the process was, confirmed what was to be tasked. He continued to accomplish the treatment of our home. Upon completion of the trestment, he then announced it was done and asked if I had any questions before leaving. John was on top of his game, polite, professional and a calm, knowledgeable representative for Aptive, One of the Best!

Beverly Steinhagen Warrington, PA

Aptive comes out when needed as well as scheduling quarterly treatments. Brendan D was extremely polite, called prior to coming and even called my preferred number when he couldn't reach me on my cell phone. As I had seen a FEW insects in the house, he treated the interior as well as the exterior and also treated the garage for spiders, as it is now Oct. and it's time for these critters to look for a warm home.

Myles Stiedle Colonial Heights, VA

Mr Grover C from Aptive presented a professional image for the company. He arrived on time. Discussed what he was going in accomplish and answered any questions that I asked. He efficiently applied the product to the lawn for the day. A second visit was scheduled for a follow up visit. He was professional in his demeanor, polite and to the point with his service. He is an example for others to follow.

Howard El Cajon, CA

This is an excellent service! I have been using them fir several years and am very pleased. The technician, Carlos G., was very professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. He listened to my needs and was very helpful in explaining new regulations. He answered all my questions and notified me when the job was completed. I have had other services perform similar work in the past, but I am the happiest with this company because I know, they guarantee their work.

Edmund Wright Medina, OH

This was the 2nd application since we came back to Aptive and actually was the completion of the 1st application. Chris was the technician and clearly made a concentrated effort to make sure that everything we expected was actually completed. Even though we had not scheduled any in house application, when asked about keeping the stink bugs out this winter he offered to come in and spray around the fireplaces that had historically been entry points for the stink bugs.

Martin Mojica Leon Valley, TX

Aptive is a process driven company with exceptional, representative employees - who are knowledgeable about the service they provide and the products / chemicals they utilize. Dustin S has been our Technician and knows my concerns and addresses them accordingly. Professional, thoughtful & considerate - as they take special care around pet feeding / watering areas. Thx Dustin for taking good care of US ! Martin San Antonio, TX

James Forward San Antonio, TX

Humberto was incredibly nice! He texted ahead of time to let us know he was coming and we met him out front. He paid attention to detail and took care of every problem area, even going over our shed out back. Aptive has been an amazing pest control service for us for the past year! We haven't had any noticeable bug issues at our home since using them.

Raymond Pigford San Antonio, TX

Let’s start with our technician being a 20 out of 10! I’m not one to leave reviews but I would be doing Trevone a disservice. He came to perform an unscheduled inside service. Instead of just servicing the profound problem area, he treated the entire inside! He problem solved different scenarios as to why we keep having ants in our BATHROOM! He inspected outside our home and not only treated presented problem areas, but past and potential problem areas as well. His customer service and general conversation was impeccable! He is by far the BEST technician that has serviced our home! Do whatever you can to keep him!

Pamela Richmond, TX

Today, 9/21/21, our Aptive technician, Isaiah, listened and responded effectively to our concerns. Recently, we have been experiencing animal activity in our front yard and inside our house, where we found a dead mouse in one of the traps. In addition to spraying the outside, including the grass and flower beds, Isaiah also sprayed inside the garage and the house, as well as laid traps in areas vulnerable to activity. He took time and care to make sure all areas were covered. We appreciate his efforts and thank him for the excellent customer service he provided. We have been Aptive customers for some time and would highly recommend their services.

Carlos Maldonado

Very thorough on using pesticides where they need to be. The price is fair for the amount and quality of service they provide.

Suzanne DeSonia San Diego, CA

Zak did an excellent job today. He did an excellent job of cleaning the overhang and spraying my eaves and yard! Conscientious and very polite!

Joan Alton San Antonio, TX

Manuel was very skilled at his tasks. I felt like he listened to my concerns. The chemicals have been working on reducing my pests.

Jamika De Forest, WI

Kyle visited today for our quarterly inspection. Kyle was very friendly and answered all my questions. Kyle has great customer service and very knowledgeable.