Aptive Environmental Logo

Aptive Environmental

9.9

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: October 27th, 2021

Aptive Environmental provides an environmentally responsible pest control solution that keeps your home pest free all year-round. Aptive's progressive protection plan, comprehensive extermination services, and quality guarantee have helped make Aptive one of the fastest-growing residential and commercial pest control services in North America.

The company is known for its focus on community and excellent service to not only its customers but its employees as well. Aptive has recently received several awards for this including being ranked #74 on Glassdoor's "2019 Best Places to Work" list.

Aptive was founded in 2015 by David Royce with CEO Vess Pearson. Under this leadership, Aptive has skyrocketed to be the 11th ranked company in the pest control industry. In October of 2019, Aptive was ranked the 28th Best Company in America on Entrepreneur Magazine's 360 list. Pearson continues to lead the company and was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2019 Award in the Utah Region.

Receive $50 off your initial pest control service when you call Aptive with the promo code "enjoy."

If you want to learn more, you can find Aptive Environmental reviews below.

Video Customer Reviews

Karla & Eric Martin Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Karla & Eric Martin

Mariam Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mariam

Mike Beaman Customer Review Video About Aptive Environmental

Mike Beaman

The Good

• Environmentally Conscious
  • Targeted Pests
  • Four Seasons Protection Plan
  • Aptive's Guarantee
  • Commercial Pest Services
  • Nothing But Nets

Environmentally Conscious

Consumer safety is at the forefront of Aptive's business structure. The pest control company aims to provide customers with a natural pesticide and other pest control solutions that pose little health risk to humans and the environment.

Everything Aptive does — from its application methods, technician training, products, integrated pest management techniques — reveals the companies' dedication to providing responsible pest control solutions and making homes safer, life easier, and allowing businesses to be more productive. This is one of the ways that it stands out from its competition in the commercial pest control industry.

Targeted Pests

Aptive pest control products specialize in eradicating almost any conceivable pest problem:

• Ants — A number of different types of ants may find their way into your home. Whether it is the Argentine Ant, Fire Ant, Odorous Ant, Pavement Ant, Pharaoh Ant, Thief Ant, or Carpenter Ants it is likely that they are looking for food or water that may have been spilled in the kitchen. It is important to remember that where there is one ant, there is an entire colony. Aptive's pest control products help kill not only the ants that venture into your home, but the entire colony.
  • Cockroaches — Similar to ants, a number of different types of cockroaches exist in the United States. Some include: The American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, German Cockroach, oriental Cockroach, and Smokybrown Cockroach. If you start seeing cockroaches in your home, there are likely a number of them as they are very good at hiding.
  • Spiders — A large number of species of spiders can be found in your home. Some of the most common include: The Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Garden Spider, Hobo Spider, House Spider, and Wolf Spider. Though some spider bites may just cause irritation or swelling, others can pose serious health risks.
  • Rodents — Mice and rats are quite good and chewing through most things keeping them out of your home. In the process, they can cause thousands of dollars of damage.
  • Stingers and biters — If you have been bitten or stung by a bug, it likely was not an enjoyable experience. Some of these insects that may find their way into your home are: Centipedes, Mud Daubers, Scorpions, Tick and Flea control, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and other stinging insects. The pest control company carries special pest control products to target each of these pests.
  • Pantry pests — These pests include, but are not limited to, Indian Meal Moths, Grain Beetles, Granary Weevils, and Rice Weevils.
  • Other common pests — Depending on the season and your geographical location, it is not uncommon to see: Aphids, Crickets, Earwigs, Millipedes, Pill Bugs, Silverfish Bugs, and Snails.

If you are unsure whether or not Aptive offers services to remove a certain type of insect, contact a customer representative for inquiries.

Four Seasons Protection Plan

Aptive's Four Seasons Protection Plan starts with a thorough initial visit, inspecting a homeowner's property by a certified pest control technician. The technician will identify areas that are at risk for a pest infestation — whether it be an ant, bedbug, spider, cockroach, or rodent problem. The technician will then customize a treatment plan that aims to keep the property pest free all year round.

Aptive's Guarantee

For most homeowners, it's not about if the pests return, but when. Aptive offers unlimited free re-services. The treatments are generally done outside of the home, but homeowners can request an indoor treatment at no extra cost.

Commercial Pest Services

Unwanted pests can damage a business's reputation in just a matter of a few weeks. Aptive offers expert services that are tailored to meet the needs, no matter the industry or business. Aptive will service the following industries:

• Professional office buildings
  • Churches, synagogues, and temples
  • Car dealerships
  • Funeral homes

Nothing But Nets

Aptive Environmental is dedicated to protecting people all over the world from disease-carrying pests and has partnered with the United Nation's "Nothing But Nets" campaign to stop malaria (a disease transmitted by mosquito bites). Aptive donates a portion of the company's profits to "Nothing But Nets" on an annual basis to provide insecticide-treated bed nets to countries in need. On the Aptive Environmental website, willing customers can donate $10 to the "Nothing But Nets" campaign and send a net to protect those in need.

The Bad

• Treats for Common Household Pests Only
  • Limited State Coverage

Treats for Common Household Pests Only

While Aptive offers general pest control services, the company does not provide services for bed bug, termite control, or mole control and prevention. Many other pest control companies offer wildlife control, lawn services (fertilization, weed control, lawn care), crawl space services, and attic services (attic insulation and attic restoration). Additionally, Aptive does not treat for mosquitoes.

Limited State Coverage

Aptive Environmental is only offered in 23 states in the United States. Only residents of the following states can sign up for Aptive's services. If you're not in this service area, you will have to look at other pest control companies:

• Arizona
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • Ohio
  • Texas

The Bottom Line

Although relatively young compared to other companies in the pest control industry and it's limited geographic coverage, Aptive has a lot to offer. The company focuses on providing eco-friendly pest solutions that will keep families safe and allow commercial properties to stay in business. Rather than offering a generic treatment plan, Aptive technicians create a personalized solution that meets the direct needs of the customer and promises to return (for free) when the pests come back.

The majority of our Aptive Environmental review catalog (read below) reveal that customers are happy with the great service they received and felt that the service technicians were attentive to their home's unique needs. Aptive employees are encouraged to be committed and passionate about their work, build a positive culture through kindness and loyalty, remember to give back, educate, improve daily, and deliver "wow" customer service. If available in your geographic region, we recommend that homeowners and businesses use Aptive for their pest control needs.

not_listed_location

Aptive Environmental Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to sign a contract?

We require a contract for the first year, but after that we do not require a contract for services.

Is pest control safe for my family or pets?

Yes, it is safe. However, as a precautionary measure, we request you leave your home for two hours when having the inside of your home treated. When we are only treating the outside of your home, we do not require you to be gone.

Do you have a cancellation fee?

We do not have a cancellation fee. However, we sometimes will do promotions on the initial service of the contact and in that case, we do require that the initial service is paid for in full if the contract is cancelled.

What if I still see bugs after a treatment?

If you are still seeing bugs, we will come reservice for free. Every home is different, and occasionally it takes two visits to break up the egg cycles.

How soon before we can expect results?

The services work immediately, but expect it to take 7–10 days for the full effect.

What if it rains after my house is treated?

If it's not a downpour, then the treatment will still be effective. However if there is a super heavy storm, we will be happy to come back and reservice your home.

What kinds of pests do you treat for?

We service all general pests. This includes ants, spiders, cockroaches, rodents, wasps, yellow jackets, ticks, fleas, centipede, scorpion, mud dauber, pantry pests, and others such as millipedes, snails, earwigs etc. Note: We do NOT treat for bed bugs, termites, or moles.

How long does the service take?

The initial service takes 45 minutes; the quarterly services take 25 minutes.

What kinds of chemicals or pesticides do you use?

Our main chemicals include Taurus, cy-kick, D-fence, Demand, Sluggo, and Suspend just depending on your pest problem.

Do you offer any "green" pest control options?

We make having environmentally friendly solutions that are safe for pets and kids a priority.

Message from
Aptive Environmental

We believe every home should be enjoyed. We take on this responsibility by cultivating experts that love to serve, creating all-season treatments unique to your home, and applying responsibly sourced products that are safe for your loved ones and the environment.

Krista Z St Louis, MO

Miguel was our technician and he was great! He answered all my questions and made sure we knew what he was going to do. 5 stars. The reason I gave a 4 was because I asked customer service/sales twice for information to be sent regarding the products that would be used but didn’t get anything. Miguel did show me upon his arrival which was appreciated. Otherwise it was a pretty easy process. Thanks!

Prasad Uppalapati Cranbury, NJ

The technician was on time, thorough with his job. Went beyond to check other areas around the house and was very detailed. Very efficient and trust worthy service.

Diane K Chicago, IL

I really like your service but we have to call you back often because the ants can’t seem to be controlled very long.The ants seem to come back quickly after each treatment,and I wonder if the product is strong enough.we will wait snd see if the problem keeps happening.The service man treats what we ask for but it only works for so long

Carolyn Earls-Hopkins Houston, TX

I have been using Aptive for almost a year. I have never had an issue with them. The treatment has seem to do the job. Koodos to Jay he has been the most thorough service man that has come out to service my home. Thank you Jay. I really appreciate it.

Dominique D Wilmington, DE

I like the environmentally safe routine that Aptive uses! I have also always had really good customer service when I’ve needed it and when I am home during their service to my house! This last visit on 9/4/21- the tech was awesome! He took time to listen to my concerns about the problem areas I’ve been having, treated those concerns and reminded me I can call between service if/when experiencing any problems! He was kind & friendly! Thank you!

Happy Customer Spring, TX

They are environmentally friendly and not harmful to pets. They are concerned about your problems and work hard to eliminate those problems. They understand bad “bugs” and use pheromones or other means to deter the bug population without actually killing all the good bugs, bees and butterflies in the process! And their new service now includes whole yard treatment for fleas & red ants (instead of spot treatments). You can add mosquito services too! Or garage door & garage services also, to keep the bugs out.

Matthew Konn Imperial Beach, CA

I like that the technicians call me prior to coming. The techs have always been friendly and courteous. I also like the appointment reminders.

Courtney C. Houston, TX

Overall, usually decent service. Today, Kai did an amazing job servicing our home. We are very satisfied with the care shown and the amount of time spent on treatments/barriers. Our favorite technician so far!

Home Saratoga, CA

Shawn has been texting to let me know he’s coming and asked if I had a preferred time, I like that! Especially since my service appointments were canceled the two times before he was scheduled.

Michael Shea Pflugerville, TX

Aptive technician Les was the best of many duds! Actually makes me think I'll keep using Aptive if they can send Les each time. He was just thorough and courteous unlike most of the techs.

Ashish Shukla Monmouth Junction, NJ

My name is Ashish Shukla. Kudos to Darious S for doing a fantastic job and explaining / addressing concerns very well. Appreciate his professionalism and patience. I would like to have Darious do all my future services. Thank you Darious.

Auntie B Fort Mill, SC

What I love best is the free re-service when I come across an unwanted pest. It took two days before someone came out. Its workers give service with good old fashion attitudes and smiles.

Scott Palmer Cedar Park, TX

Aptive is a very good pest control company and their techs do a good job. Today I thought Jacob L. was outstanding because he answered all my questions and then did the work. The only issue I have with them, is I like the inside of my home treated which means I need to be there and I always have to call the office to be sure the tech knows to let me know when he will be here. Other than that they are great. Jacob called me and let me know when he would arrive.

Paula Kraly Spring, TX

I have always had a great experience with the technician that has come out to treat the house.

Jess San Antonio, TX

My second treatment, Jesse Moreno, went well. Cory F, the technician paid special attention to our wasps issue after hearing my little dog got stung. Glad I got the service.

Kristine F Troy, MI

I was a bit skiddish about hiring Aptive but Andrew eased my mind and assured me of what to expect. He was unsure and even followed up with his manager which I'm really appreciative that he went the extra mile for me.

Puss on the Boots Aldie, VA

Ariel R Tanner did an outstanding job, he went above and beyond to treat the areas of concern. This young man was very knowledgeable and polite and new his craft. Please consider sending him over my property for every treatment. From 1 to 10, I rate him a 10. Great job!

Felicia Kovach Carnegie, PA

Cordell H. came today to apply the first treatment. He explained everything he’d do and what could be expected in subsequent visits. He let me know of his arrival and also let me know when he was leaving and when it was safe to let the dog out. Since it was just the first treatment, I can’t speak to effectiveness yet.

JenG Brandon, FL

This was our first time using Aptive, I was excited for the amount of coverage your company covers in my yard. But I was a little disappointed after talking with my husband. He said he had to ask the tech if he was going to spray our elephant ears ( back right & left corner of back yard) and our shed. His response was “ya I can do that”. Not yes I was planning on doing that. So my concern now is do the techs not do everything the sales guys told me he was going to do. I was told I would get coverage from the front of my yard to the back, that’s what I found different about your company and why I went with you guys. If this is not the service you provide I would like to cancel. I do not want to have to watch the tech while they are hear to make sure we are receiving the correct service. I was not in need of pest control but was willing to give it a try for those reason. Please let me know your thought before the next service.

Betsy Jacobson ,

#1. Christian is was superb!. He's knowledgable and explains what he will be doing and why. He went above and beyond in helping me get rid of the the mice in my house. He represents your company very well and so I give you a top rating because of him. Thank you Christian I would prefer that you be the person who does my six month treatment. You are. AMAZING #2. The appointment people are nice but it takes someone in an authority position to arrange the pick up for the mice. Their first response --you'll have to wait 2 days. You can have a dead mouse in the closet and wait two days. Thankfully I persisted to talk to someone who could make that arrangement.

Mig La Mirada, CA

What I like best is the notifications I receive from Aptive when my appointment is coming and after service notification.

John Neu Perkasie, PA

Anthony texted before he arrived, was very friendly, and respectful of our home. I told him about a recent ant problem and he immediately addressed the issue.

Kathleen Reinhold St Louis, MO

Corey was my technician. He was very personable & interested in my concerns. He was efficient & helpful in explaining what he did to my yard. A polite young man.

Brad Barker Pittsburgh, PA

Our service provider, Cordell H, did a wonderful job covering all services and letting us know of any suggestions and what he was doing as he provided the service.

Tammie Gonzalez Concord, CA

Jonathon did a great job. Notified me when he would be arriving When he arrived asked about area and any concerns After service made me aware of areas and how to avoid treated areas. Thanks Tammie G

Madhulika Sood Columbia, MD

Very nice because all the employees are very soft spoken

Jill Escott Riverview, FL

I was unhappy to find out that I had decided to switch from a service that also treated my yard (spraying the yard) for fleas and ticks to a company that doesn't. The whole reason we use a pest control is for the flea and tick yard service. So, what we were sold at the door and what we got are 2 very different things. The tech that came out did his job and was not to blame for misinformation. He was very polite. Although please don't send anyone to our door again without a mask. When asked, he did put one on.

Patrick J McCarragher Richmond, TX

Aptive Environmental has done a very good job of keeping nasty critters out of our home. Since we have had your service, we have seen a significant decline in undesirable bug activity around our residence. The service representatives are always courteous and friendly in their dealings with us, while doing their work in a very efficient manner. My only concern is that we don't always receive advance notice of service dates.

RG Cypress, TX

Good customer service. Suggest scheduling the service at least 10 days in advance.

Jeffoire Arcio II San Diego, CA

They are consistent and punctual. The technicians do great work and are very efficient!

Marie Nickle Irwin, PA

Andrew was very nice and thorough. After he was done he explained everything he did.

Jeff W Everett, WA

Had a retreat of my bait boxes five days after the tech had serviced our property due to scratching noise in my walls the previous night. Aptive sent out a tech the next day after my call regarding the noise in my walls. He found one of the bait boxes empty so I’m glad the boxes were refilled. My only question is did the rats(?) eat all the bait in 5 days or did the tech who serviced on the original date missed that box which happens to be the closest to the area where the scratching occurred. The tech who followed up was very knowledgeable and suggested that I request for a monthly refill of the boxes especially this time of year. The service is free and part of your agreement. All you have to do is ask for it.

Roy S. Dublin, CA

I like the prompt service and the friendly technicians. Thanks to Aptive I am yet to see bugs and ants in my house.

Renee Houston, TX

She was very helpful and patient. She listen and helped us with our issues. I wish she could come every time.

William Moore Newark, DE

Just started, only one service but service was very good, technician was profess, friendly and accommodating. No problems since service.

June Nunn Frederick, MD

Zach was awesome, very patient with my questions and alleviated my concerns. Great person and wonderful attitude, especially for a Saturday morning. :)

cassie lesti Medina, OH

Today was my best service in 2 years. The rep was very friendly and took her time treating our entire house on the outside and basement. No one has ever been this detailed and cared about doing an amazing job ! Usually they are in and out in 15 mins. I was very happy with my service today. Melissa S. deserves a raise !

Lee Bennett Vienna, VA

Only the exterior area was treated; nothing was done inside the house to remove the insects that had been captured on the sticky strips since last time. Perhaps if previous visits had been examined, it would have been noticed that we have had occasional mice and ever rarer an occasional snake.

John Knight Oceanside, CA

As far as the servicing and maintenance I could not be happier. The technicians are super respectful, listen to any concerns, and have taken care my issues. It has been nice not having to listen to my wife scream every time a web hit hers, lol. I have recommended Aptive to other neighbors and set my Mom up with Aptive service.

Leslie Kian Houston, TX

Good company with professional and courteous staff. On the down side, scheduling is inconvenient because we are given a day when tech arrives, but no timeframe. It's difficult to be available an entire day. Requesting a call before they arrive not helpful because it's usually minutes before arrival (basically no advance notice).

Marcy Rockville, MD

My technician, Daniel J, came out today for a reservice. He was extremely attentive to my concerns and tailored his visit to specifically address them. He was very pleasant to deal with, as all the Aptive technicians have been.

Heather Travis Fairborn, OH

They are very thorough and explain exactly what they will be doing.

Cora L Myers Sacramento, CA

Friendly Techs! Forgetting bait boxes every once in a while, even though service notes are on file to remind techs to take care of this. I think they've forgotten to check the boxes about three times. That's really my only issue I've had. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied. My technician today (1/26/21) was great...no complaints, friendly and attentive.

April Hernandez ,

Eric (Frank) was an expert at customer service. He had a very friendly personality and was very professional, polite, and patient with me/my kid/& dog haha Compared to my first technician Eric was an all star! Seriously customer service can make or break a company...he is making this company look very good! Hope he becomes my regular technician.

Anne Vazquez Clarksville, TN

Did an excellent job outside. But had to rescedule the indoor job for next week.

Jason Larkins McDonough, GA

They are prompt and team members are professional by phone and in person and the product works...

shahpour esfandiari Bay Village, OH

Nice people today I had one nicest person mane Will good communication He was very professional

Rosalyn Murphy Belleville, IL

My overall rating of Aptive Environment was 5 stars until yesterday. I have two accounts with you. Because I was so pleased with your service, I recommended and I also pay for my daughters pest control service. My technician got through faster than the other techs do, so, I wasn't sure if he sprayed my deck thoroughly but okay, some people work faster than others. Then I heard water running outside because he turned on my water hose without asking permission first and then he came in to spray without a mask on so I gave him a brand new one we had purchased and he was getting ready to leave after only spraying the downstairs area and I had to ask him if he had enough spray to spray the upstairs, he said yes and I asked him if he would please spray before leaving. I was very uncomfortable and displeased yesterday and I have never felt that way before.

Sandi Brunello Sugar Land, TX

Technician today did good job on outdoor service. Was frustrating that he would not come inside house to inspect & treat active evidence of ant infestation. According to him, the Aptive office in our area has told techs not to enter homes due to red level related to COVID in our county. However, the local Aptive customer service rep who spoke to me today said there was not an indoor restriction set by the company. Thank goodness that customer service rep named Pedro scheduled indoor service for my house next Monday. Very grateful to him. Please consider more consistent communication to branch office teams.

Carolyn Edwards Clute, TX

The two technicians that have been to my home have done a great job. Now, what I am questioning now is that this note on my receipt. I asked Toby when he arrived if you guys had received an email/text I sent asking was it too wet to spray. He said No...it was not and that he had even sprayed in the rain. Well this note probably should be modified if you can spray in the rain....this note is not applicable.***PLEASE AVOID UNNECESSARY CONTACT WITH MATERIALS, STAY OFF TREATED AREAS UNTIL DRY. Although the job was done well...I had to survey my home for some improvements being made this week....with that I found that their are still several cocoons, which has been stated by both technicians that they were removed. Not a dissatisfied customer, just want the notes to read as it is. Thanks, Carolyn