SearchBug

LAST UPDATED: July 20th, 2021

SearchBug makes it easy to clean, verify, or append customer contact data. Offering users access to search tools with clear pricing, estimates for batch process, and developers API's. There are no setup fees, no contracts, and no monthly minimums. SearchBug offers pay as you go pricing or prepaid accounts for uninterrupted use. Simply visit the order page, enter quantities, get an estimate, upload files, and get notified when results are ready.

WhitePages.com Logo
WhitePages.com chevron_right
2.2
VICTIG Screening Solutions Logo
VICTIG Screening Solutions chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Search features
  • Payment options
  • No contract
We like the many search features SearchBug offers. They have unique search functions to help a large range of people. These features include background checks, SSN verifications, driver's license search, and even an "Hire an Investigator" option. Its search features are vast and provide help to many different types of customers. Individuals and companies use SearchBug.com for its services. Searchbug.com offers 3 basic monthly payment options. They also offer a "pay as you go" feature where you can load up to $1,000 on your account and use it for searches and other pay per reports like criminal records and marriage and divorce records. At SearchBug.com you aren't locked into a contract and can cancel at anytime. For example, if you did the pre-loaded option, you will be refunded the amount that is left in your account. Also, their privacy policy seemed one of the better ones in the industry.

The Bad

• Site navigation
While they have many search option functions, their site is a little confusing to navigate. It could be a little more streamlined to find all of their service features. SearchBug.com could benefit from a website re-design. Also, with any people search site, if you don't have exact names, location, etc. finding a person may be more difficult than expected. Make sure you have all your information before you set out to search.

The Bottom Line

We recommend using SearchBug.com for your people search needs. They are a reliable company with a variety of service features. Their A- BBB rating contributes to their good standing as a company. Their customer service seems efficient and is willing to answer questions regarding their services. We feel confident that your people search needs would be met with SearchBug.com

3.6

Chuck Van Nuys, CA

The new website is nice but they got rid of the free tools so minus 1 star. The tool I use is only a penny and it's still a great tool so I tried their new token system. I like it. They give new customers a free search so I tried that too. I used the premium people search since it was only $2 and no subscription offers, I hate those on other sites. I was trying to find someone's DOB and this report included that, yay. I also like that they don't show my info anymore either. I'll use it again.

Arnkatz Solana Beach, CA

I've been looking for an easier, automated way to obtain phone numbers for real estate property owners and finally found the searchbug batch tool. This tool saves me dozens of hours a week by automating what I was doing manually. Great date, great pricing, and it's easy to use!

Jay Michelle

We use their batch append tool and it worked great. I had one question about how to do something and customer service picked up the phone quickly and answered my question. I would use their service again and recommend it to anyone that needs to clean up customer lists.

Jean Leufkens Tomkins Cove, NY

Searchbug returned accurate and timely results to include friendly, supportive and professional services over the phone. They provided their private investigator report on the date promised and offer fair and reasonable rates. Highly recommended.

Stephanie Marion, OH

Very impressed with the information I obtained and the accuracy of the reports Very helpful customer service team!

Kristina Melbourne, FL

Yesterday I was trying to find the age of an individual and they show that you can get that information if you pay a one time fee of $2.50. After I paid the fee they only gave me the persons name and location which I already knew. So I paid $2.50 for nothing. And if you complain to them they will tell you that "not all information is available" for all records. Well then they shouldn't charge money if they don't have the info available that you paid to receive.

Reply from SearchBug

Hi Kristina, I'm just seeing this review. I'm sorry this happened. We have no idea of knowing what information users already have. Most are happy to find an address. We recently updated our website and added a lot of new data feeds. I'd like to invite you to give us a try again for free. We now offer a lot more searches and have a new payment system call Search Tokens which are $0.01 each. I'd like to offer you 500 Search Tokens for free just to give us another try. Hopefully it will exceed your expectations and you'll update your review. Please email support with your Account information or email associated with your account and mention this review. Cheers!

Nov. 5th, 2019

Disgusted Horrified Angry Hayward, CA

This is a horrible company that should be ashamed of themselves. They display people's personal info against their will and endanger their lives and peace of mind. And want to charge innocent victims money to remove information that they should not be displaying in the first place. Disgusting, horrible scam! Sickening and disheartening. There should be laws to prevent this kind of awfulness from taking place. Info should be removed without wanting to steal money from innocent people and without wanting to pry further into innocent people's lives. What a sick scam!

Reply from SearchBug

Hello Disgusted Horrified Angry in Hayward, We are just seeing this review now. We're so sorry you feel this way. Ever since the US Patriot Act making public records available to everyone there have been hundreds of companies in the data business. Here is a list of all the data companies, some of which we get our data from. If you get your information removed from a majority of these companies that will reduce your exposure if you're concerned. This is not a scam. While we don't agree with your review since you were never a customer, we understand how you feel. Just want to inform you that we have updated our website and no longer display information. In order to obtain information from us now, a valid account needs to be registered so we know everyone that accesses the data. That is called "Know Your Customer" and is from the financial sector. This allows us to audit and regulate who has access to information. No one has ever been endangered due to our services. We hope you have a blessed day.

Nov. 5th, 2019

Tama Loa ,

Don't waste your money. They're not going to provide you with anything you can't find online for free. Customer service is horrible with a smug attitude.

Reply from SearchBug

Dear Tama Loa, thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our company. Customer satisfaction and our reputation as an ecommerce business is very important to us. I am attempting to get to the bottom of this complaint, but I can't find your name as a registered customer in our database. I also checked with our customer service agents and they have not heard your name before. Please call our toll free number at 800-990-2939 and ask to speak with a manager. We hope to hear from you soon!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Terry Penn Maitland, FL

the work fast get the answers you want job well done why use anyone else love search bug!!!!