People Smart is owned and operated by Inflection and has been providing people search services since 2007. Inflection is based in California, but People Smart offices are located in Nebraska. People Smart performs detailed searches of public databases designed to gather identifying information about people in one place. It is easy to manage one’s own privacy via People Smart with an intuitive interface, but important to remember that opting out of their search results does not delete or protect privacy from the original source or from People Smart’s databases.
- In-depth background information
- Search parameters
- Easy of use
- Membership options
Not all people search resources are created equally. PeopleSmart has some elements that help it stand out from the competition. These aspects make the company attractive to use for you search needs. Here are ways in which you will be pleased with PeopleSmart and what it offers:
- In-depth background information. Not only can you find out where is person is with PeopleSmart, but you can also find out a lot about them. This can certainly come in handy if you're investigating a person's history and character. PeopleSmart will reveal criminal history, court records and county records to show you what possible legal and financial issues and troubles the person has had. This includes sex offender status, bankruptcies, court judgments, liens, property records, and marriage and divorce records. Not many services allow you to find out about the person, in addition to simply finding out where they are.
- Search parameters. Your search allows you to find the person you're looking for by entering a variety of contact queries, including name, address, location and age or date of birth. This customization increases the chances of you locating the person and sifting through large numbers of search returns.
- Ease of use. When you use an online resource to track someone down, you are expecting something quick, easy and effective. You'll get that with PeopleSmart. Search results come quickly with minimal wait time, and the process is simple. All you have to do is input a few items, and you're on your way.
- Privacy. Your own personal email will not be shared, and you can also remove your personal information from the site by opting out. That is a simple process that involves just a few clicks of the mouse. PeopleSmart respects you privacy and knows how sensitive and important it can be to safeguard this information. You don't have to worry about having anything on the site you don't want there for everyone to see.
- Membership options. PeopleSmart has three membership options to suit your needs and preferences. You can pay for monthly, quarterly and annual memberships, with the best value being the annual membership at just $9.95 a month.
- Can't search by phone number
- No chat function
- No social media component
- No refund for cancellations
As you peruse PeopleSmart, you will also find some aspects of the site and company that you will find lacking or not meeting your needs and expectations. Be aware that the company does have some limitations and shortcomings. Here are some negatives to consider:
- Can't search by phone number. Sometimes the only information you may have on someone is a phone number. However, with PeopleSmart, you can't track someone down with this piece to the puzzle. This is an obvious con that you won't find with other people search sites.
- No chat function. Customer service is decent at PeopleSmart, but it could be better. The first thing the company should do is add a live chat function to its customer support. Sure, you can call or email, but a live chat is often a faster, less intimidating way to obtain information, and it can usually be done at hours outside regular business times. But PeopleSmart doesn't yet offer this capability.
- Accuracy. No person or no tool is perfect; that cannot be expected. But when you use a people search function you are placing your confidence in the site that he information it renders will be highly accurate and trustworthy. PeopleSmart will give you information with about 60 percent accuracy. This isn't the lowest number among people search sites, but it hardly inspires a high degree of confidence. One issue that is common is when searches reveal criminal background. Often the search will yield results whose number of criminal activities exceeds the actual amount. With this type of information, it's not good to be too far off from the truth. The searcher can be left confused and wondering what is real and what is inaccurate.
- No social media component. Your searchers with PeopleSmart will not yield any information about social media profiles, which itself, of course, holds a massive amount of personal information.
- No refund for cancellations. If you are not satisfied with PeopleSmart and its services for any reason, you may cancel your membership; however, you will not receive a refund on fees you have paid. This essentially forces you to lose money or continue using something you don't want.
The Bottom Line
There could be myriad reasons you would want to locate a person or discover some background information about them. Whether it's to reconnect or to do some detective-type sleuthing, people search applications and sites can be tremendously helpful and valuable. PeopleSmart is indeed an excellent source if you wish to find out the ins and outs of a person's life.
Unlike social media, which does indeed allow you to find out where someone might be or how to get in touch with them, PeopleSmart will actually give you access to personal information you can't find virtually anywhere else. These handy tools will provide you with a person's criminal and legal history, as well as with financial matters that might be integral to your dealings with them.
Aside from a few missteps described above, PeopleSmart is an effective resource for you in your search and investigation on anyone across the country. It is a sound recommendation.