The Good

• Online records
  • Features

PeopleFinders.com has online records for going back 40 years. With this functionality, they create listings from older directories, some census records, and other resources that help fill in the "gaps" before the dawn of the Internet. Also, individuals can remove their own records from PeopleFinders.com's listings with their opt-out policy. This makes it easy for an individual to go remove their information from the database without having to wait for a slow turnaround time from a customer support service.

Other highlights include:

• Background checks
  • Criminal records
  • The basic people search offers: full name, current address, phone number, prior residencies, relatives, aliases, and age/birthdates

The Bad

• Search functionality
  • Information sharing

We had some concerns with the search functionality and accuracy of PeopleFinders. Users need to pay for their reverse phone number tool.

PeopleFinders does share your information with other companies that it brokers services with. One tenet of the Privacy Policy that concerned us was when you entered an opt out request. PeopleFinders, in their Privacy Policy, states that they do not notify third party providers when you decide to opt out of the search database. This is problematic if a customer opts out after such information has been provided to a third party.

The Bottom Line

We like the transparency of PeopleFinders.com, but we cannot fully recommend them because even the most basic search requires a small payment. It is better to use a site where information on addresses and some phone numbers can be found for free. We would recommend PeopleFinders for purchasing a background check or finding more detailed information.

5.0

Carolina James

February 22nd, 2019 Wurtsboro, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I agree with the post from CD below, for what you get the pricing is reasonable. Can look up almost anyone after signing up..well worth it for the time I have had it thus far. Also I got 50% off when signing up.

CD

October 7th, 2016

I use this site all of the time. The pricing is reasonable and I'm able to find almost everything I look for.