Dashlane has been in operation since 2009 and continues to advance in the password management industry. The company services individuals and businesses and strives to provide high-quality security options to both. Dashlane offers a free trial for its business plan and has a free version of an individual plan that customers can take advantage of. Dashlane provides several advanced features including a VPN feature, autofill, secure data storage, and more.
- Package Options
- Online Resources
Dashlane has a few different password protection plans for individuals and businesses. The individual and business plans include the following according to the Dashlane website:
- Free — The Free plan allows for customers to have Dashlane on one device. With the Free plan, customers can store up to 50 passwords, obtain security alerts, have instant form and payment autofill options, and enjoy secure password storage.
- Premium — The Premium plan costs $4.99 per month and is billed annually. With the Premium plan, customers will receive unlimited password storage, automatic password and data sync across all devices, instant form and payment autofill technology, dark web monitoring, a VPN, and secure storage for sensitive files.
- Premium Plus — The Premium Plus plan costs $9.99 per month and is also billed annually. The Premium Plus plan incorporates everything that is offered in the Premium plan with a few additions. Customers who choose the Premium Plus plan will have real-time credit monitoring services, identity restoration support, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.
Each paid plan is accompanied by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Business — The Business plan costs $4.00 per month and is billed annually. The company’s website states that the business plan has all of the same benefits as the Premium plan, but it does not offer a VPN option. The Business plan does, however, offer Smart Spaces™ for both work and personal data, an admin console, secure group password sharing, provisioning and deployment, 2FA integration for added security, and a customer success manager for 50+ users.
The company allows customers to have a free trial for its business plan and does not require potential customers to add credit card information when requesting the free trial.
Dashlane offers quite a few advanced features as part of its individual and business plans. These features include the following:
- Password Storage
- Secure notes and documents
- Data breach alerts and monitoring
- Secure sharing and contacts
- Identity dashboard
- Dark web monitoring and alerts
- Password manager and generator
- Digital wallet
Dashlane provides customers with an online help center where they can filter through various helpful articles that regard everything from installation to password and data. In addition to the help center, Dashlane offers an active blog that teaches customers about a variety of topics including personal data security, password management, and more. Customers can use these online resources for free to expand their knowledge regarding their online security.
- No Specific Family Plan Available
- Limited Number of Business Plans Available
- Lack of Important Information
No Specific Family Plan Available
Although Dashlane does offer a few plan options for customers to choose from, the company does not offer a dedicated family plan option. Customers who wish to obtain Dashlane services will have to set up and pay for family member accounts instead of signing up for an all-inclusive family plan. Meanwhile, some other companies in the password management industry offer family plans and/or family discounts.
Limited Number of Business Plans Available
Unlike a few other password manager apps, Dashlane only offers one business plan option. This lack of business plan options available through Dashlane may deter some businesses from signing up for business plan services.
Lack of Important Information
Dashlane is fairly transparent in regards to pricing and plan features; however, the company does not seem to provide enough information about its 30-day money-back guarantee or its cancellation policy. In order to obtain this information, it appears that customers must take the time to directly contact the company.
The Bottom Line
Dashlane offers a good amount of password and data protection compared to some other companies in the password management industry. Users can choose between three individual plans with one being a free plan. Businesses are offered one business plan that is accompanied by several advanced features like 2FA integration and Smart Spaces™. Additionally, Dashlane offers a variety of helpful online resources that users can take advantage of.
On the other hand, Dashlane does not seem to provide a dedicated family plan option, does not have additional business plan options to choose from, and lacks some important information regarding its money-back guarantee and cancellation policy. Potential users are encouraged to research Dashlane’s services and read verified customer reviews to learn more about what Dashlane has to offer regarding password management.