1Password was founded in 2005 and provides advanced password management services for individuals, families, teams, and businesses. The password management service has five plans that customers can sign up for: two personal plans and three business plans. Most plans come with a 30-day free trial. All 1Password accounts have ability to obtain one-on-one customer support, a personal security suite, 24/7 security alerts, and much more.
- Multiple Plan Options
- Innovative Features
- Online Resources
Multiple Plan Options
1Password offers two personal plan options and three business plan options that people can sign up for. The plan options, as provided on its website, includes the following:
Personal Plan Options
- Individual — The individual plan costs $2.99 per month and is billed annually. This plan includes 24/7 email support, unlimited passwords, 1 GB of document storage, one year item history, the travel mode feature, and two-factor authentication.
- Family— The Family plan costs $4.99 per month and is also billed annually. This dedicated Family plan includes up to five family members and customers can invite more guests onto the plan for $1 each. The 1Password Family plan also includes everything from the individual plan along with the ability to recover family member locked accounts, the ability to manage what family members can see/do, and the ability to share passwords, secure notes, and more with those included in the Family plan.
Business Plan Options
- Teams — The Teams plan costs $3.99 per user per month and is billed annually. The Teams plan includes five limited sharing guest accounts, 24/7 email support, 1 GB document storage per person on the plan, two-factor authentication, duo integration, admin controls, and unlimited shared vaults and item storage.
- Business — The Business plan costs $7.99 per user per month and is billed annually. The Business plan includes everything that can be found in the Teams plan, but also includes VIP support, 5 GB document storage per person, 20 guest accounts, access control for each vault, activity log, custom roles, usage reports, custom groups, and provisioning with Okta and Active Directory. The Business plan also includes free family accounts for all employees who work for the company with the business plan.
- Enterprise — To obtain information regarding the Enterprise plan, customers must directly contact 1Password for a custom quote.
To learn more about each plan, potential customers can contact the company directly or visit the company’s website. Potential customers should know that 1Password also offers a 30-day free trial for all of its plans.
1Password has a variety of innovative features including WebCrypto, AES-256 encryption and PBKDF2 key derivation, 24/7 security alerts, a digital wallet feature, travel mode feature, and more.
According to the company’s website, it’s the only password management app that uses WebCrypto which “provides direct access to the system’s secure random number generator.” The company’s website also states that “WebCrypto is over 10x faster than traditional crypto libraries.”
1Password has free helpful online resources that customers can use before they try to get in contact with the company. These resources are dedicated to helping customers with personal accounts and business accounts. Customers can get access to webinars, articles, tutorials, and more through the company’s easy-to-access online resources webpage.
- High Prices
- No Free Plan Option
In comparison to other companies in the password management industry, 1Password does appear to charge more for its family plan and business plans. These plans are billed on an annual basis and customers are expected to provide the full amount up front. The company doesn’t seem to provide different subscription options or payment plans.
No Free Plan Option
Although 1Password does offer quite a few plan options, it does not offer a free plan. Several other password management companies offer a basic, but free plan option for those who do not want or need advanced plan features. However, 1Password does provide a 30-day free trial for all of its plans.
The Bottom Line
1Password offers quite advanced services compared to other companies in the password management industry. Customers are able to choose between two personal plan options and three business plan options. Additionally, each plan allows for a 30-day free trial period. 1Password also provides helpful online resources and innovative features.
However, 1Password seems to charge higher prices for its services compared to what other password management companies charge. These higher costs and lack of free plan option might be a deterrent for some people who are looking for cheaper password manager services. Those interested in 1Password services are encouraged to visit the company’s website and read several customer reviews before signing up.