Rocket Lawyer Logo

Rocket Lawyer

8.8

LAST UPDATED: October 20th, 2021

Rocket Lawyer offers affordable online legal assistance. It has created more than three million legal documents, answered more than 30,000 legal questions, and incorporated more than 900,000 businesses. Rocket Lawyer provides both personal and business legal aid and offers a broad range of resources for each client.

The Good

• Premium Membership and Pricing
  • Free Trial
  • Personal and Business Options
  • Online User Experience
  • Customer Service
  • Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer has several great features to its online legal services. Not only does it provide options for personal and business needs but it offers a free trial so that customers can try Rocket Lawyer's services before making a final decision. Rocket Lawyer also has several educational and informative resources. These features are broken down as follows:

Premium Membership and Pricing

The Rocket Lawyer cost for a Premium Membership is $39.99 a month. This membership gives clients access to legal documents, customer service, and general counsel to legal questions for free. Rocket Lawyer does not require a contract so that clients may cancel their service anytime.

This membership also gives customers huge discounts on Rocket Lawyer's On Call Attorneys and Registered Agent services.

People can purchase its services or documents a la carte. But most of these products cost more than the monthly subscription. When compared to the cost of legal representation and other legal fees, Rocket Lawyer saves business owners thousands of dollars.

Free Trial Offer

If you want to try Rocket Lawyer before committing to a membership, you can create your first legal forms for free or sign up for a free one-week trial. This trial gives anyone access to Rocket Lawyer's legal documents, lawyers, and resources.

Personal and Business Options

Rocket Lawyer provides online legal services for personal and business needs. Small business owners have used Rocket Lawyer to navigate the difficulties of starting a business without having to spend tons of extra money on legal advice. Others may use it for personal needs, such as legal aid with divorce or support with a workers' compensation settlement without paying thousands to hire an attorney.

These online service features can often be minimal, but Rocket Lawyer gives customers legal advice on a plethora of options.

Types of Business Law Help and Documents

• Start an LLC, Non-Profit, C-Corp, or S-Corp with statewide legal services.
  • Make A Business Contract- Make Non-Disclosure Agreements, A Release of Liability, or Independent Contractor Agreements.
  • Rent a Property- Create Lease Agreements, Eviction Notices, or Rental Applications.
  • Protect Your Ideas- Create Trademarks and Patents.

Types of Personal Law Help and Documents

• Plan your estate- Create Last Wills and Testaments, establish power of attorney, and create a living will for old age.
  • Get a divorce- Get assistance with Child Custody, Divorce Papers, or ask personal legal questions to an attorney.
  • Lending someone money- Make a Promissory Note, Demand for Money Owed, or create a Debt Settlement Agreement.
  • Buy or Sell a Home- Get the documents and forms for Intent to Purchase Real Estate, Real Estate Purchasing Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds.

Online User Experience

Not only is Rocket Lawyer's website very easy to navigate, but clients also have access to an online portal from any device at any time. The online portal also offers secure cloud storage for legal documents. Its online legal forms and reports have been clear to read and sign for Rocket Lawyer's clients.

Clients receive free registered agent service for 12 months. These agents provide excellent customer support by answering questions and sharing legal insights. Agents also file incorporation papers on your behalf, as well as, help its clients receive the paperwork needed for their legal matters. Rocket Lawyer reviews have been positive because of these features. Rocket Lawyers' customer service is incredibly useful for understanding contracts, the law, and complex legal forms.

Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer's website has a very informative blog, attorney directory, legal articles, and a legal dictionary for anyone to access and reference.

The Bad

• File Your Own Documents
  • Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of valuable services to its customer base. However, there are a few drawbacks to its services.

File Your Own Documents

Clients have to file legal documents on their own. Rocket Lawyer does not submit the reports to an appropriate government agency, this will need to be done by the client. Although this company makes you file these forms yourself, it does give step-by-step instructions to help its clients fill out these forms.

Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer does not give any information about how the attorneys and other legal staff in its network are screened. There is also no written standard on the website on how thorough the Rocket Lawyer team will review your documents for accuracy.

The Bottom Line

Rocket Lawyer can offer general counsel, help with contracts, starting a business, as well as offers many other features, all without going to a law firm and paying the law firm steep pricing.

Of course, if your legal needs are a bit complicated, meaning you have a tricky legal issue, or you want to be able to gauge the quality of legal counsel, you may want to upgrade your Rocket Lawyer plan. We recommend looking into its service of On Call Attorneys or contacting a local law firm.

Rocket Lawyers premium membership makes all of its features and pricing cheap and will help individuals with almost all of their legal problems. This membership gives customers access to legal forms, and general legal advice at any time, which can help small business owners get started.

If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, Rocket Lawyer has shown that it is one of the best online legal services.

4.8

Monica Vinson Columbus, TX

Mrs R was a tremendous help. I couldn't have completed my document with out her. I was getting so upset before I called and wanted to throw the laptop across the room. But she gave me easy instructions on how to edit, complete and print my document. She is a life saver....

Ann Horst San Antonio, TX

I loved being able to create an agreement using their interactive template. Super easy. Then it sent the document to the party I wanted to have sign it and edit it. Then, I messed up and didn't cancel the free subscription in time because my website designer got COVID and kept asking for more time. So I called their CS liine and they helped me with two great options to choose from. I sincerely appreciate what they do and love their kindness and for saying "we are just her to help". Thank you for that!

DR Ronnie Moore Annapolis, MD

Mr. Kevin was very professional and most of all very helpful in providing the best service moving forward. I thank him for resolving my issue with no hesitation. Rocket lawyer will always be my go to service. Thank you very much Mr. Kevin.

Joseph Scarpulla Stafford, VA

I had to print a document for a power of attorney and the trail was just enough time to perform this action. But since I forgot to cancel the trial I was charged $40. At the same time the gentleman by the name of Kevin P on the customer service side helped fix the problem and I couldn’t be happier. Thank all of you at the RocketLawyer team so much!

Elizabeth Tetrault Fort Collins, CO

I used rocket lawyer's free 7 day trial to create nonprofit corporate bylaws. It was really easy, asked all the relevant questions in the interview and created a very complete and thorough document. They were willing to cancel my subscription without a hassle, as I am not ready to commit to a paid subscription right now, but will definitely consider doing so after our nonprofit is formed.

Priyesh Doshi Queens, NY

This is the reference standard for customer service. You get to speak with an actual person promptly who is also very courteous and professional. He promptly resolved y issue. I requested for a refund and it was issued immediately without any questions. Also, their software is very easy to use and enabled us to generate the required legal document immediately. An outside legal firm would have charged us hundreds of dollars for it. Highly recommend Rocket Lawyer for anyone wishing to get legal documents.

Jared Backus Virginia Beach, VA

Service was great. Very user friendly and great detailed documents. I canceled my subscription prior from the trial, but still got billed. Contacted by chat which was professional and amazing. I advised about the issue. Justina did not hesitate to correct it. Was less the. 5 minutes. She did a wonderful job offering me the 1 plan, but at this time I wouldn’t need it. Very impressed and will use product in the future. Thank you Justina.

David Singer White Hall, AR

As a process server and licensed private investigator I was very pleased with the ease of use to create documents. Individually I have personal business to conduct and think the access to other forms is a huge plus. Text chat with customer service was amazingly smooth, simple, and the young lady was very professional and prompt in her replies and I truly felt I was receiving personal attention.

Katrina Hargrave Raleigh, NC

I only did the seven-day trial. It was good. Very easy to navigate. Easy to download and edit the document. I will use it again soon.

CARRIE CRUDUP Sonoma, CA

The customer service agent who handled my call was The Best. He was professional, helpful, cheerful and thorough. He really cared about helping me...not something you come across very often over the phone.

Tc N Tory Collins Denver, CO

This service provided exactly what I needed… When I did run into a billing situation it was rectified immediately, without me even asking… I would 100% recommend using this service if you need to….

Kim Zuniga Las Vegas, NV

Kevin was able to help me with my membership and was very pleasant. It was really nice to talk to such a happy and pleasant person to close out my very busy workday. Kevin is truly an asset to your company. Thanks again Kevin! ~Kim Z.

B scott walrond Greensboro, NC

I got the forms that I needed and they were certainly more than satisfactory. When I cancelled my subscription, I dreaded the process. Kevin P was very helpful and what a relief to hear a kind person on the other end of the phone. You certainly have a good person on your staff. You are lucky to have his as a representative of your company!!

Bianka Guerra Houston, TX

Wide variety of documents and very easy to use. I signed up for the free trial but didn’t end up needing the document after all. I called and requested a refund and was offered to downgrade to the $1 per month membership. The representative was very nice and resolved my issue quickly. Got my refund and decided to give the $1 membership a try.

Wayne Wilson Tampa, FL

This is a great service. I was able to develop the exact document that I needed with clear direction from the app for each thing that had to be accomplished. They honored my free 7 day service with NO hassle and their chat service was prompt and clearly defined. Thanks!

Chris Kautzman Clovis, CA

Rocket lawyer is a great way to do legal forms without hiring a lawyer on simple things in life like someone who owes you money, it has the papers and walks you thru the fill in part to make you look like a pro. I was very happy with my paper work, but I did not need to use them yet, but when the need arises in the future I will be back . I would recommend!

Jo Ann Bowdoin-Aynsley Atlanta, GA

Wonderful for questions about legal matters. The trial can give you what you need to get started.

Shalom La Ferney Farmington, MO

I am truly thankful for God blessing me with you, Rocket Lawyer, being available for use by me (and anyone else) to get my divorce papers, not only completed to the fullest extent necessary, but completed with all the legal wording and setup of the pages, without leaving anything out. I trust that because of the formatting being legally correct, and I believe I didn't leave anything out of the papers at this point, that should my soon-to-be ex-husband agree with everything in our divorce papers and sign them, I will hopefully have my divorce granted shortly by the judge and be free of the living nightmare I have suffered with for a little over 3 years now. I thank God and you, Rocket Lawyer, for all of your help in this matter.

Charma L'Heureux Knoxville, IA

Quick, fast. Got what I needed. I don’t know why you want me to write a certain amount of words for this review.

Sylvia Ashford Detroit, MI

I was going to cancel my subscription but your agent offered me a more affordable way I could still use your documents with over 150 options I’m happy to say I took advantage

Jeff Jokerst, Esq. Seaside, CA

I'm very pleased with the ease of Rocket Lawyer. The document that I created was very simple to make using their template. Christine W in customer service is excellent.

Nancy Harris Austin, TX

agent was knowledge, well informed and warm. I feel she examlified 'CARING' issue was quickly handed and and resolved. No hassel and no hasselment.. I would use Rocket Lawyer

Antonio Perez Sacramento, CA

I got all the legal documents I was after in a timely manner. They were professional and for the most part up to date. And when I want to cancel. It was no problem. Good place to go for docs.

Anthony Anderson Plainfield, IL

Randy M. was EXTREMLY helpful with all of my questions and pointed me in the right direction so even though I had to cancel I will start a membership with Rocket Lawyer in the future because of Randy's AWESOME customer service and knowledge about who to talk to regarding the starting of our rental car business. Thanks again Randy!

Angelique Peters Michigan City, IN

Very easy to use and navigate your way around the site. Forms are easy to complete, print, email, etc. The customer service is fantastic as well. Everyone I have spoken with are nice, friendly, and eager to help. You don't see that much nowadays, so it's nice and refreshing when you do.

warren rasgo Buckeye, AZ

Their loan agreement document was easy to create. They allowed me to opt of their trial period without any hassles. The representative was very knowledgeable and shared a great offer choice which I may follow up and use Rocket Lawyer in the future.

Mary Zaudtke Saint Paul, MN

I appreciated that I was able to have help creating my operating document for LLC. In a world where everything is expensive I appreciated it was free. I was grateful that when I cancelled my free trial that the agent happy to help me and offered me other options but was not pushy. Thanks!

Carol Oswalt Winter Haven, FL

Victoria in Tech Services was professional, helpful, considerate and a GREAT ASSET to your company. She should get a raise. Just go back and listen to our conversation. She addressed every need, allowed me to take my time downloading some documents, and knew exactly what I was talking about regarding my "issues."

Bruce Valley Center, CA

The form I used was complete and very easy to customize and edit. In addition, my interaction with customer service was very satisfying

Don Johnson Winchester, KY

The documents I created were fairly accurate. The county clerk wanted more, and I was able to edit my document and it was accepted and registered.

tamiko Collins Columbus, OH

Very friendly didn't give me a hard time great communication skills and wasn't trying to push other promotions on me done a great job

Reanna Rogers Wills Point, TX

Kaylee was very helpful and quick to answer the phone. She had a sense of urgency when i informed her of my issue and let me know immediately that it’d be solved.

Deborah Barnhart New Port Richey, FL

You gave me what I wanted immediately. It was professional and correct. I was able to cancel in 7 days. Your service representative, Conner, was superb.

Kristy Tiesing Auxvasse, MO

So friendly, understanding and prompt with their help. I was able to get my membership adjusted and refunded with no problems and their customer service was top notch.

junkltd Medford, OR

The form generated was thorough, clearly understandable and precisely suited my needs. My interaction with Chris was excellent. I will recommend Rocket Lawyer to friends and family.

Lucy Basov Charlotte, NC

Very happy with the results! Easy and user-friendly.. I didn't want to sign up for a membership at this time and it wasn't a never-ending saga of cancelling it unlike with so many other companies.

Derek O'Connell Arlington, VA

Good customer service. When creating a lease, it would be nice to be able to manually edit each section, where doing so does not prevent me from using the auto-generated lease for the entire document.

michael bernsen Chicago, IL

I needed a bill of sale quickly and the bu yer was in another state but Rocket Lawyer made it quick and easy to find the document I needed and I could even securely email them to be signed online.

Cassandra Tetzlaff Bend, OR

I was really pleased with how easy it was to use the website and get the contracts I needed quickly. Thank you!

Customer Service conversation Navarre, FL

I had the pleasure of speaking with a representative who was courteous and addressed my issues sufficiently.

melissa Grice Clanton, AL

wonder to be able to find things quickly and was able to help a person here in the library and the gentleman that helped me today was awsome.

JB1980 Citrus Heights, CA

RANDY M IS THE BEST PART OF ROCKET LAWYER. HE PROVIDED A 5STAR SERVICE EXPERIENCE. PLEASE RECONIZE HIS EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS.

Glen Sebald Middletown, OH

Easy to use and very effective. I was able to use your templates and Kaylee G was professional in helping me with my problems.

Mike Drolick Madison, TN

Very easy to navigate. Signing the documents were easy. I was able to produce and sign multiple documents with little effort.

Christen Noel Huffman Birmingham, AL

Your customer service is outstanding! Christine was patient, understanding compassionate and more than fair! I will definitely be recommending Rocket Lawyer in the future!

Shelly Green Eagle, ID

Randy was kind and helpful. I was asking to extend my free trial at a discount and he expedited that.

Jennifer Monhollen Lafayette, IN

Dru was very polite, courteous, and with no questions as to why or tried to keep me she went ahead and started to issue me a refund.

ANDREW GANGL Oak Harbor, WA

Excellent website! Easy and fast to use. Very helpful for the lay person to use. I will return in the future if needed, Thank You!

Elaine Hinz Toledo, OH

My doctor has been encouraging me to get my Living Will made and, thanks to Rocket Lawyers, I have finally done it. It was easy! Thanks for the help.

daniels freeman Los Angeles, CA

Got paired with an amazing lawyer custumed for my specific case. Received such good advice on my whole situation and this consultation really gave me a solid ground on how to act next. Very useful service!