Rocket Lawyer Logo

Rocket Lawyer

8.8

LAST UPDATED: November 23rd, 2021

Rocket Lawyer offers affordable online legal assistance. It has created more than three million legal documents, answered more than 30,000 legal questions, and incorporated more than 900,000 businesses. Rocket Lawyer provides both personal and business legal aid and offers a broad range of resources for each client.

The Good

• Premium Membership and Pricing
  • Free Trial
  • Personal and Business Options
  • Online User Experience
  • Customer Service
  • Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer has several great features to its online legal services. Not only does it provide options for personal and business needs but it offers a free trial so that customers can try Rocket Lawyer's services before making a final decision. Rocket Lawyer also has several educational and informative resources. These features are broken down as follows:

Premium Membership and Pricing

The Rocket Lawyer cost for a Premium Membership is $39.99 a month. This membership gives clients access to legal documents, customer service, and general counsel to legal questions for free. Rocket Lawyer does not require a contract so that clients may cancel their service anytime.

This membership also gives customers huge discounts on Rocket Lawyer's On Call Attorneys and Registered Agent services.

People can purchase its services or documents a la carte. But most of these products cost more than the monthly subscription. When compared to the cost of legal representation and other legal fees, Rocket Lawyer saves business owners thousands of dollars.

Free Trial Offer

If you want to try Rocket Lawyer before committing to a membership, you can create your first legal forms for free or sign up for a free one-week trial. This trial gives anyone access to Rocket Lawyer's legal documents, lawyers, and resources.

Personal and Business Options

Rocket Lawyer provides online legal services for personal and business needs. Small business owners have used Rocket Lawyer to navigate the difficulties of starting a business without having to spend tons of extra money on legal advice. Others may use it for personal needs, such as legal aid with divorce or support with a workers' compensation settlement without paying thousands to hire an attorney.

These online service features can often be minimal, but Rocket Lawyer gives customers legal advice on a plethora of options.

Types of Business Law Help and Documents

• Start an LLC, Non-Profit, C-Corp, or S-Corp with statewide legal services.
  • Make A Business Contract- Make Non-Disclosure Agreements, A Release of Liability, or Independent Contractor Agreements.
  • Rent a Property- Create Lease Agreements, Eviction Notices, or Rental Applications.
  • Protect Your Ideas- Create Trademarks and Patents.

Types of Personal Law Help and Documents

• Plan your estate- Create Last Wills and Testaments, establish power of attorney, and create a living will for old age.
  • Get a divorce- Get assistance with Child Custody, Divorce Papers, or ask personal legal questions to an attorney.
  • Lending someone money- Make a Promissory Note, Demand for Money Owed, or create a Debt Settlement Agreement.
  • Buy or Sell a Home- Get the documents and forms for Intent to Purchase Real Estate, Real Estate Purchasing Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds.

Online User Experience

Not only is Rocket Lawyer's website very easy to navigate, but clients also have access to an online portal from any device at any time. The online portal also offers secure cloud storage for legal documents. Its online legal forms and reports have been clear to read and sign for Rocket Lawyer's clients.

Clients receive free registered agent service for 12 months. These agents provide excellent customer support by answering questions and sharing legal insights. Agents also file incorporation papers on your behalf, as well as, help its clients receive the paperwork needed for their legal matters. Rocket Lawyer reviews have been positive because of these features. Rocket Lawyers' customer service is incredibly useful for understanding contracts, the law, and complex legal forms.

Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer's website has a very informative blog, attorney directory, legal articles, and a legal dictionary for anyone to access and reference.

The Bad

• File Your Own Documents
  • Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of valuable services to its customer base. However, there are a few drawbacks to its services.

File Your Own Documents

Clients have to file legal documents on their own. Rocket Lawyer does not submit the reports to an appropriate government agency, this will need to be done by the client. Although this company makes you file these forms yourself, it does give step-by-step instructions to help its clients fill out these forms.

Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer does not give any information about how the attorneys and other legal staff in its network are screened. There is also no written standard on the website on how thorough the Rocket Lawyer team will review your documents for accuracy.

The Bottom Line

Rocket Lawyer can offer general counsel, help with contracts, starting a business, as well as offers many other features, all without going to a law firm and paying the law firm steep pricing.

Of course, if your legal needs are a bit complicated, meaning you have a tricky legal issue, or you want to be able to gauge the quality of legal counsel, you may want to upgrade your Rocket Lawyer plan. We recommend looking into its service of On Call Attorneys or contacting a local law firm.

Rocket Lawyers premium membership makes all of its features and pricing cheap and will help individuals with almost all of their legal problems. This membership gives customers access to legal forms, and general legal advice at any time, which can help small business owners get started.

If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, Rocket Lawyer has shown that it is one of the best online legal services.

4.8

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I used Rocket Lawyer to draw up divorce papers when I was going through a divorce. This in the long run ended up saving me quite a bit of money. The legal papers based on your state are mostly legit. I did have to hire an attorney to be on the safeside, but saved big time by having just having him look over the divorce agreement that I drew up on Rocket Lawyer and making any necessary amendments. Because of that and because my ex and I were in agreeance with our terms, our divorce was speedy and reasonable priced. I will certainly be using Rocket Lawyer in the future for my contract needs.

Ted Baltimore, MD

The person that took my call was very good at explaining what Rocket Lawyer was all about. I have never paid for such a service but it was explained very well. I was not aware of a service that did what you do. I need a little time to closely review the entire website but I will do that as soon as I can. I have a small business in which I may need to build a form. I plan to be on your site soon to view what else is possible and to determine if the price is right for me and my service (Charter bus service).

Barbara Austin, TX

I found your forms great and easy to use. I was a bit disappointed in the lawyers response. I found that answer on line so was expecting more. We've had to hire an attorney to our needs. Thanks for the trail it was good information

Ruby D Houston, TX

Prompt response to questions. Very personable representatives. Surprised that the attorney wasn't familiar with Rocket Lawyer questionnaire. Easy to use website.

sam k Loyalton, CA

Being able to use the service at what was a very reasonable rate. However, I would liked to have been able to downgrade online without having to call. Thank you.

Rachel Dena New Braunfels, TX

I love how you offer so many services at a reasonable price and how quickly you response to questions. Very convenient! I will be using your services in the future as needed. Thank you!

Tammy Lynch Sebago Center, ME

Quick and easy to fill out forms. Answers from lawyers were quick and insightful.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I used Rocket Lawyer when I had my own business to set up come contracts. It was very helpful. I would definitely use it again.

james henry Denver, CO

service is inexpensive. Website is easy to negotiate. personal experience when talking with rocketlawyer representative was enjoyable.

The Udeh Group Henderson, NV

I was able to complete my Legal papers online without hassel. No lawyer appointment or consultation fees.

flo hughes Fort Wayne, IN

I am VERY PLEASED about how Kevin P helped me out of my situation without a hassle!!

Mary Eck Montgomery, PA

I love the Legal agreement that you helped me with it is very professional ,but there was no place for the tenants to sign with lines just the landlords.

Mike F. Bothell, WA

Easy to navigate. A little expensive to keep for long term though. For as little as I’d use it, a real lawyer would be more cost effective.

Horace Atwater Jr Atlanta, GA

it was very helpful. a useful tool for my deed

Miranda Lee-Velazquez Stockton, CA

It was fairly easy to get what I needed from the site.

Nemesis Moon Winston-Salem, NC

It was pretty easy but it's quite expensive to use.

Patrick Patterson Denver, CO

Forms are well laid out and easy to navigate.

Brian Paul

Great service! So glad I decided to use them.