RingCentral Logo
LAST UPDATED: August 29th, 2019

RingCentral is not just an online fax company, they are also a cloud communications company. On their website, we found different pricing tiers for VoIP phone service and other services. They offer RingCentral Office and RingCentral Professional. Their services include an automated phone attendant, company directory, mobile apps, business text messaging, video conferencing and fax. The company has been in business since 2003. They claim that they break down communications barriers for businesses. Instead of clunky hardware infrastructure, it is possible to get totally cloud-based office communications resources. RingCentral is based out of Belmont, CA. The company has helped more than 350,000 customers send faxes, talk on VoIP phone, and benefit from cloud-based communications.

RingCentral is currently offering a price match. Find a better deal? RingCentral will match it.

FaxZero Logo
1.2
TrustFax Logo
TrustFax chevron_right
1.4
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Prices
  • User-friendly
  • Power users
  • High integration
  • Toll-free, local, and vanity numbers
  • Downloadable integrations for Microsoft Outlook
We felt pretty positive about the services that RingCentral offers for small- and medium-sized businesses. However, we felt the need to focus on their faxing services for the scope of this review. In addition to low prices, they also offer great mobile apps, making it easy to work from a computer or a mobile device.
Prices
Overall, we felt that RingCentral offered customers a lot of "bang" for their buck. You get a large number of pages for free per month before you have to pay a per page fee. We felt that this made it easy for businesses to not worry about additional cost for sending faxes per month. Here are the page number allotments that you get with each service level:
  • Fax 500: 500 pages
  • Fax 1000: 1000 pages
  • Fax 2500: 2500 pages
  • Fax Unlimited: Unlimited pages.
User-Friendly
With RingCentral, we found that custom cover sheets are a possibility, without the need to include the cover sheet as an attachment. The user-friendly interface lets you preview your faxes if you don't want to print them. Also, it is possible to edit, annotate, and sign your documents, all from within the sleek and powerful user platform.
Power Users
Boom! With RingCentral, there are some powerful features for advanced users. With a little bit of help from RingCentral, you can easily change your file preference from PDF to TIFF, decreasing the size of the file that you will have to download. You can also create powerful broadcast groups for regular fax broadcasting. Another great feature of RingCentral is that you are able to block users, such as advertisers who might "spam" your fax number with unsolicited advertising.
High Integration
One of the downfalls of RingCentral is that the storage space they allot you only lets you keep faxes for 90 days. BUT, you can easily integrate your RingCentral fax service with services such as Dropbox and others. Here are the integration features that we liked with RingCentral:
  • Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive integrations.
  • Cloud-based storage providers let you send faxes from your cloud storage service, via desktop or mobile device.
  • High-integration options with Microsoft Outlook (a "Send Fax" button, in addition to your other standard email functions).
Toll-Free, Local, and Vanity Numbers
Do you want a local, toll-free, or vanity number? RingCentral gives you the option of securing these for your business, so that fax senders to your business don't have to pay more. The vanity number is a great feature because it lets you send and receive documents from a number that wholly brands your business.
Downloadable Integrations for Microsoft Outlook
We also liked the added functionality with the free Microsoft Outlook integration. Is your business running on Windows XP still? Don't worry, as the Microsoft integration is still supported with Windows XP. Also, enjoy the benefits of Microsoft Outlook integration with a Mac, available for Mac OS X users, 10.6 and higher.

The Bad

• Lack of an internal fax viewer
  • Storage confusion
We had a few questions about the services that RingCentral offered. We got conflicting information from their website and during our live chat experience. We also wanted a better internal viewing option with RingCentral.
Lack of an Internal Fax Viewer
You don't have to worry about this feature if you are sending and receiving your faxes via your Outlook app or your company email. The problem that we ran into was with the lack of an internal viewing option on the RingCentral softphone. You have to individually download the fax so that you can see its contents. This means that you might be spending a little bit of time waiting for large files to open on your PDF or digital image viewer.
Storage Confusion
We were confused about the storage options offered through RingCentral. On their website, they say that you have unlimited storage option for viewing your faxes, up to 200 faxes. Faxes are only stored for up to 90 days before they are deleted. We believe that the best way to circumvent this problem is to store your faxes in a cloud storage service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

The Bottom Line

Ultimately, we recommend RingCentral as a provider of Internet faxing services. We liked the ability to purchase cloud communications to further bolster the cloud communication paradigm, but we also really liked the ability to get RingCentral for faxing only. All the subscription levels let you send a high number of faxes per month, in comparison to some other companies we reviewed. We would like to see more information on their website in the terms of tutorials that better demonstrate the product.

C & S Realty Clermont, FL

I have used Ring Central for many years now and I only have one thing to say.... I WISH I had known of this wonderful product YEARS ago!!! I saved a lot of money by getting rid of primitive fax lines and being charged phone rates etc. With Ring Central, not only is the product reliable- it's MORE than affordable! Love my Fax Products with Ring Central and I highly recommend them for reliability, quality and affordability.

Bill Nelson Saint Cloud, FL

RingCentral is a great product. The ease of use is amazing, and the convenience is fantastic. I have used RingCentral for all of my faxing needs for a little over a year now. The only downside is the ability to scan a paper document for faxing. But most documents in todays business world are digital and online. Even my invoices which I normally print can be printed directly to RingCentral fax and then sent out with such ease. Just a very convenient way to fax today.

Dave Studnicki Palm Coast, FL

I use RingCentral to receive faxes, as I no longer have a land line. I do not receive many, only a few faxes a year, but the service has been invaluable. The staff of RingCentral were very helpful and accommodating in helping me set up the service for my limited use.

Ed Pane Hazleton, PA

This service is so affordable it makes purchasing a separate phone line for a fax unnecessary. I can send and receive faxes anywhere, moreover they're automatically in .pdf format for easy transfer to the correct file. This is a no-brainer.

Joseph T-Giorgis

The Ring Central fax system provides a vital technological support to my Real Estate business. I receive faxes from clients on my phone or any hand held device and with no need for printing I can forward that message to any one anywhere in the world. This is my office to go !

Elizabeth Hughes-Callison Decatur, IL

I use your service for the fax line. I get very few faxes in a year, but every once in a while someone will want to fax me something or vice a versus. Your service is perfect for that, and it is worth the cost for me.

High Sierra Legal Reno, NV

Great product for small businesses. Having the ability to fax and receive with a dedicated number is wonderful. Thank you for your service.

David Spengler Middletown, RI

This service is SECURE, Reliable, consistent and priced in the most competitive range ! You will enjoy the quality of the service provided....

Noel

Best Fax services I ever had. No complaints from my clients. All faxes comes in on time. Keep up the Good work.

Bryon Spicci Marrero, LA

It is so easy and trouble free to online fax with Ring Central. I recommend it to anyone

Gospel Living Legends Music Awards

I am just being to use it and I love it .RC help me to stay organized in keeping important records.

Debbie Hoffman Hartford, CT

Very easy to use and saves money because you do not need a fax machine.

Alecia Harvey Orlando, FL

The online fax product/service is great! It's affordable and easily to use!

George Chemedi

Good, reliable service, would definitely recommend to others.

DAVID DYER Long Island City, NY

Want to send fax, I can send fax. Does what it says.

Don Fabrizio-Garcia Brookfield, CT

Never any issues. Love your online fax service.