RingCentral

4.8

RingCentral is not just an online fax company, they are also a cloud communications company. On their website, we found different pricing tiers for VoIP phone service and other services. They offer RingCentral Office and RingCentral Professional. Their services include an automated phone attendant, company directory, mobile apps, business text messaging, video conferencing and fax.

The company has been in business since 2003. They claim that they break down communications barriers for businesses. Instead of clunky hardware infrastructure, it is possible to get totally cloud-based office communications resources. RingCentral is based out of Belmont, CA. The company has helped more than 350,000 customers send faxes, talk on VoIP phone, and benefit from cloud-based communications.

#1 FaxZero Logo FaxZero ›

8.4

Overall
Score

#2 MyFax Logo MyFax ›

6.0

Overall
Score

#3 Send2Fax Logo Send2Fax ›

5.4

Overall
Score

#6 RingCentral Logo RingCentral

4.8

Overall
Score

The Good

• Prices
  • User-friendly
  • Power users
  • High integration
  • Toll-free, local, and vanity numbers
  • Downloadable integrations for Microsoft Outlook

We felt pretty positive about the services that RingCentral offers for small- and medium-sized businesses. However, we felt the need to focus on their faxing services for the scope of this review. In addition to low prices, they also offer great mobile apps, making it easy to work from a computer or a mobile device.

Prices

Overall, we felt that RingCentral offered customers a lot of "bang" for their buck. You get a large number of pages for free per month before you have to pay a per page fee. We felt that this made it easy for businesses to not worry about additional cost for sending faxes per month. Here are the page number allotments that you get with each service level:

• Fax 500: 500 pages
  • Fax 1000: 1000 pages
  • Fax 2500: 2500 pages
  • Fax Unlimited: Unlimited pages.
User-Friendly

With RingCentral, we found that custom cover sheets are a possibility, without the need to include the cover sheet as an attachment. The user-friendly interface lets you preview your faxes if you don't want to print them. Also, it is possible to edit, annotate, and sign your documents, all from within the sleek and powerful user platform.

Power Users

Boom! With RingCentral, there are some powerful features for advanced users. With a little bit of help from RingCentral, you can easily change your file preference from PDF to TIFF, decreasing the size of the file that you will have to download. You can also create powerful broadcast groups for regular fax broadcasting. Another great feature of RingCentral is that you are able to block users, such as advertisers who might "spam" your fax number with unsolicited advertising.

High Integration

One of the downfalls of RingCentral is that the storage space they allot you only lets you keep faxes for 90 days. BUT, you can easily integrate your RingCentral fax service with services such as Dropbox and others. Here are the integration features that we liked with RingCentral:

• Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive integrations.
  • Cloud-based storage providers let you send faxes from your cloud storage service, via desktop or mobile device.
  • High-integration options with Microsoft Outlook (a "Send Fax" button, in addition to your other standard email functions).
Toll-Free, Local, and Vanity Numbers

Do you want a local, toll-free, or vanity number? RingCentral gives you the option of securing these for your business, so that fax senders to your business don't have to pay more. The vanity number is a great feature because it lets you send and receive documents from a number that wholly brands your business.

Downloadable Integrations for Microsoft Outlook

We also liked the added functionality with the free Microsoft Outlook integration. Is your business running on Windows XP still? Don't worry, as the Microsoft integration is still supported with Windows XP. Also, enjoy the benefits of Microsoft Outlook integration with a Mac, available for Mac OS X users, 10.6 and higher.

The Bad

• Lack of an internal fax viewer
  • Storage confusion

We had a few questions about the services that RingCentral offered. We got conflicting information from their website and during our live chat experience. We also wanted a better internal viewing option with RingCentral.

Lack of an Internal Fax Viewer

You don't have to worry about this feature if you are sending and receiving your faxes via your Outlook app or your company email. The problem that we ran into was with the lack of an internal viewing option on the RingCentral softphone. You have to individually download the fax so that you can see its contents. This means that you might be spending a little bit of time waiting for large files to open on your PDF or digital image viewer.

Storage Confusion

We were confused about the storage options offered through RingCentral. On their website, they say that you have unlimited storage option for viewing your faxes, up to 200 faxes. Faxes are only stored for up to 90 days before they are deleted. We believe that the best way to circumvent this problem is to store your faxes in a cloud storage service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

The Bottom Line

Ultimately, we recommend RingCentral as a provider of Internet faxing services. We liked the ability to purchase cloud communications to further bolster the cloud communication paradigm, but we also really liked the ability to get RingCentral for faxing only. All the subscription levels let you send a high number of faxes per month, in comparison to some other companies we reviewed. We would like to see more information on their website in the terms of tutorials that better demonstrate the product.

J Carter

July 11th, 2017 Westport, CT

After four years of service - I was forced to cancel my service because of the company's HORRIBLE customer service. Simple problems were not solved after WEEKS of trying and then after having to FIGHT to cancel my account after they claimed I had a contract with them, it took several more requests to try and get a refund which I still haven't received so I have had to file a complaint with my bank.

Debbie Hoffman

September 29th, 2016 Hartford, CT

Very easy to use and saves money because you do not need a fax machine.

Noel

September 27th, 2016

Best Fax services I ever had. No complaints from my clients. All faxes comes in on time. Keep up the Good work.

Dave Studnicki

September 24th, 2016 Palm Coast, FL

I use RingCentral to receive faxes, as I no longer have a land line. I do not receive many, only a few faxes a year, but the service has been invaluable. The staff of RingCentral were very helpful and accommodating in helping me set up the service for my limited use.

High Sierra Legal

September 21st, 2016 Reno, NV

Great product for small businesses. Having the ability to fax and receive with a dedicated number is wonderful. Thank you for your service.

Alecia Harvey

September 19th, 2016 Orlando, FL

The online fax product/service is great! It's affordable and easily to use!

Elizabeth Hughes-Callison

September 18th, 2016 Decatur, IL

I use your service for the fax line. I get very few faxes in a year, but every once in a while someone will want to fax me something or vice a versus. Your service is perfect for that, and it is worth the cost for me.

Creston Gaither

September 18th, 2016 Leeds, ME

I'm pleased with your service and wish others would sign up. I don't miss my old fax machine at all.

DAVID DYER

September 17th, 2016 Long Island City, NY

Want to send fax, I can send fax. Does what it says.

Douglas Moore

September 15th, 2016

When I first signed up for RingCentral service, the person I dealt with did everything he could to get me up and running. It's the only time I've had to interact with RingCentral's customer service, but it was fantastic. The product itself allows us to send and receive faxes with ease without the need for a fax machine, which is great because we get relatively few fax requests, and would't really want to buy a new fax machine just for that. Plus, the software is very user-friendly and easy to work with.

Ed Pane

September 15th, 2016 Hazleton, PA

This service is so affordable it makes purchasing a separate phone line for a fax unnecessary. I can send and receive faxes anywhere, moreover they're automatically in .pdf format for easy transfer to the correct file. This is a no-brainer.

Travelhost Louisiana

September 13th, 2016 Lafayette, LA

I've run a busy publishing firm and have used RingCentral online fax service since we started in my living room. Online Fax from RingCentral has kept pace with our growth, our 1.5 Million readers' and hundreds of Advertising clients' needs. My reps and accounting get the faxs they need to keep things running seamlessly from their inbox. FABULOUS! Thanks RingCentral. Chris Savoca TravelMedia Network Publisher

Don Fabrizio-Garcia

September 12th, 2016 Brookfield, CT

Never any issues. Love your online fax service.

Bryon Spicci

September 11th, 2016 Marrero, LA

It is so easy and trouble free to online fax with Ring Central. I recommend it to anyone

C & S Realty

September 8th, 2016 Clermont, FL

I have used Ring Central for many years now and I only have one thing to say.... I WISH I had known of this wonderful product YEARS ago!!! I saved a lot of money by getting rid of primitive fax lines and being charged phone rates etc. With Ring Central, not only is the product reliable- it's MORE than affordable! Love my Fax Products with Ring Central and I highly recommend them for reliability, quality and affordability.

Christina Krywko

September 7th, 2016

The individual faxes are easy to set up, and the contacts list is easy to use. I haven't had any problems with this service in the almost year-and-a-half that I have been using it.

Chelsea

September 7th, 2016 Reno, NV

I very much enjoy using RingCentral for my at-home business needs. Thanks!

George Chemedi

September 7th, 2016

Good, reliable service, would definitely recommend to others.

Bill Nelson

September 6th, 2016 Saint Cloud, FL

RingCentral is a great product. The ease of use is amazing, and the convenience is fantastic. I have used RingCentral for all of my faxing needs for a little over a year now. The only downside is the ability to scan a paper document for faxing. But most documents in todays business world are digital and online. Even my invoices which I normally print can be printed directly to RingCentral fax and then sent out with such ease. Just a very convenient way to fax today.

David Spengler

September 6th, 2016 Middletown, RI

This service is SECURE, Reliable, consistent and priced in the most competitive range ! You will enjoy the quality of the service provided....

David

September 6th, 2016 Harleysville, PA

E-Fax service is excellent. Very satisfied.

Joseph T-Giorgis

September 5th, 2016

The Ring Central fax system provides a vital technological support to my Real Estate business. I receive faxes from clients on my phone or any hand held device and with no need for printing I can forward that message to any one anywhere in the world. This is my office to go !

Gospel Living Legends Music Awards

September 3rd, 2016

I am just being to use it and I love it .RC help me to stay organized in keeping important records.