PamFax Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border
PamFax is a faxing company that offers opportunities to send a fax for free. They are available on multiple platforms and easy to use. With no monthly costs they receive money through advertisements. The advertisements are promised to not enter onto your personal fax.

FaxZero Logo
FaxZero chevron_right
2.7
SmartFax Logo
SmartFax chevron_right
1.1

The Good

• Signup
  • Multiple platforms
  • Features
  • Plans
After you sign up for PamFax you automatically get three FREE pages to send or receive. No credit card is required to sign up so you do not need to worry about unknown charges occurring or your credit card information getting out. When you sign up you receive a free fax number that has unlimited reception. PamFax is available for multiple platforms; the platforms are: Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry. If you have any of these devices or are able to get access to them you can send or receive a fax at anytime - so convenient. PamFax offers ten out of ten features with no set-up or activation fee. They have an address book which makes it much easier to send faxes. Not only can you send and receive through Google Drive, but you can access them from Dropbox, Box, and OneDrive which makes accessing these documents user-friendly. Their easy-to-use plans consist of:
Credit Based Payment
  • 20 free pages per month
  • Dedicated local area fax number
  • Fax history stored indefinitely
  • Page price: $0.06

The Bad

• Limited free services
The free pages end real quick. You just get three when you sign up for the no monthly fee package and then you must pay $0.10 per page you send or receive. You also do not receive a fax number when signing up for this package which is a little bit misleading because they make it appear that once you sign up you automatically receive a fax number with no extra cost.

The Bottom Line

You can get three free pages to send or receive through PamFax. Through PamFax it is so easy to send and receive faxes because they use a variety of different platforms. The "free-ness" does end real fast and then you need to start paying for each page or purchase each page you use or purchase a plan.

1.5

John Smith St. Petersburg, FL

I have used Pamfax service for 8+ years. After they were purchased by Microsoft, the service pricing was less clear and the charges went up. I sent a 14 page fax to a US number and was charged around 40 cents per page; about $6.00. I found that pricing a bit steep especially when I believe the transmission was quite quick; basing this on e-mail receipt at time of fax. I attempted to review how long the transmission was but Pamfax's transmission report did not provide that information. I further reviewed their policy explanation but that explanation lacked detail as to accurately explain their policy pricing with enough detail to support their charge in my case. To send a fax is easy with Pamfax but anything else, except paying more money, is not.

Bob Bruning Northridge, CA

I read FIRST 3-page FAX FREE. Composed cover letter and attached 3-page PDF. Was told it was going to cost $1.37 worth of PamFax credits. Of course they sell the credits, but smallest package is $11.42. Okay. This is a really important fax so I paid. Went back. Where's my fax? Not in Sent. Not in Outbox. I reconstruct it. Now it's going to cost $.40? NO WAY.

ROGER ZHAO

I signed up and paid $16.73 for a fax number, and received the number just in one second, I was happy because they promised I could keep it and the number only for receiving, I needed to pay if I used it to send out. It looked fare! One month later, they asked to pay the fees and threatened to delete it permanently if I didn't pay. I had printed the number to my business card, the money totally wasted. It was wasting time and money dealing with this kind of company - this was a true experience!

kevin Morley

Been using PamFax for few-7 yrs now, never had a problem. Works from PC & with mobile app. Sent & received faxes both within uk and internationally (EU & US)

Best Price Stone

Terrible customer service - ignore emails and invoice you a different amount than they take from your card - in our case the site payment service took a certain amount and when we finally found the invoice it showed a lesser amount because the site had not taken into consideration our VAT number. They refused to refund our card or put the excess to our account and finally just chose to ignore all our correspondence. Ok if you don't have a problem - useless if you do - will not be renewing - their loss. Best Price Stone Ltd

Marco Werkhoven

Not a fan! created an account, bought Pam credits, tried to send a fax. Guess what?! Due to the slow fax on the number I was trying to send a fax to (a toll free number!!), the cost per page was going to jumpo to 61 cents per page. Asked fro a refund. Will see how long that is going to take. Sounds more like ScamFax to me......

SHANNON HIGHFIELD Riverside, CA

PAM FAX IS AWFUL! THEY ARE STILL CHARGING ME AND I HAVE ASKED THEM TO STOP REPEATEDLY! THEY HAVE NO PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMERS TO CALL!

Staci Rosen Las Vegas, NV

Awful! The fax doesn't recognize a number in the U.S., so a 609 area code comes up as 60 country code with no way to fix it. Waste of time! Run now!