FaxZero is an extremely limited faxing solution that is owned by a company called Savetz Publishing. Essentially, Savetz Publishing owns several different web domains out there in cyberspace that provide free solutions for customers. While FaxZero is something that you can use for free, it does have some limitations. Savetz Publishing is BBB accredited. Essentially, FaxZero is a great platform for sending faxes for free.

We noticed that FaxZero has received a significant amount of positive press with Kiplinger, US News and Huffington Post.

RingCentral chevron_right
SmartFax chevron_right
TrustFax chevron_right

The Good

• Accessibility
  • Support

We felt that FaxZero is a good solution for sending faxes without actually subscribing to a fax number. You simply input your phone number and other contact information and upload up to three files. There isn't an extensive back end to the system and it doesn't have any integrations with devices. Here are the things that we liked about FaxZero:

Accessibility

Essentially, this is just a web-based app. Therefore, the site is extremely accessible. You don't need to worry about logging in, remembering an account number, or your billing information if you are using the free version.

We also like the price. You can't beat free. You can send up to five faxes per day with this great website, including three pages plus the cover page. If you want to use the paid version, you can send faxes that are up to 25 pages.

Support

For being a free product, we really felt like the FAQ was pretty useful. This part of the website answered all of our questions about sending a fax, the confirmation code for when our fax was received, and more.

If your fax doesn't send for any reason, the system will try up to five times to deliver the document before giving up. When your fax does not get delivered, you will get a confirmation email so that you can try again.

One neat feature that we noticed with FaxZero was the ability to fax your Senator or Congressperson on the website.

The Bad

• Uncertain security
  • FaxZero branding
  • Bare bones features

Would we recommend FaxZero for the small business? Probably not. The system doesn't have a lot of needed features, such as email integration and more. Also, we did have some questions about security, such as what happens to your fax if you leave the browser open.

Uncertain Security

We had some questions about fax security with FaxZero. Generally, there isn't an account creation mechanism. If you send your fax, there isn't necessarily a storage space for it. That made us wonder about the security of your faxes. While faxes send securely with this device there isn't a login window or account creation portal to make sure that your faxes stay private. If you leave your browser open, a web user can generally see the content of the message that you send over fax, but not the documents.

FaxZero Branding

We did have some issues with FaxZero and their branding approach. If you use the free version, you cover letter will have the FaxZero logo on top of it. While we appreciate the free cover letter that does not count against your total number of pages, this can get annoying if you want a clutter-free cover sheet for your fax.

Bare Bones Features

While a free fax service is great, there were some bare bones essentials that we needed with this fax service, such as:

• The ability to send fax broadcasts to multiple recipients.
  • An easy file uploading process.
  • Fax management resources so that you can manage your previously sent faxes.

The Bottom Line

We do recommend FaxZero as a free faxing service, but at this time, its features are a little bit too limited for a business. If you want to use the "Almost Free" package, you can send a fax with up to 25 pages for $1.99. However, if you frequently fax as part of your business, we recommend a paid subscription and third-party integration found with other online fax providers. Keep in mind as well that it is a service that only allows you to send faxes.

3.5

Jerry. Derrick
September 13th, 2019 West Columbia, SC

Excellent the only one that really work for me

BEVERLY MYERS
September 6th, 2018 Newhall, IA

For the occasional fax sender, I think this service is awesome! I was able to send a Word document to a company with no problems sending OR receiving. Since I asked for an email confirmation on my cover letter I was able to find out immediately that they received it. From start to finish I was done in 15 minutes.

Bill Leahy
August 7th, 2018 Palm Bay, FL

The easy access to fax our Senators, Congress, and Governors is the best feature. Not only Congress and Governors, but Attornies General and other Cabinet members are listed and easily found. Love this ability to fax my reps easily. This is a valuable public service and I hope it stays with us.

Paulina Kosmowska
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

I have had to send an 8 page fax - it went through super fast. Thank you fax zero!

S Perry
January 31st, 2018 Minneapolis, MN

Testing services to act as a backup for our law firm, we tried the service. We sent a test fax to our own machine. Some 40 minutes after submitting and confirming the test fax, we received "confirmation" email stating the fax had been sent successfully. No fax was received. We tested our machine using another service and found all was working well. FaxZero A true zero. Do not bother with it.

David Young
December 11th, 2017 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I used many fax services including FaxZero. I used both the free and paid service provided by FaxZereo. I also did extensive studies on FaxZero and it's advantages & disadvantages. FaxZero is good for some people and it's not for some other people. I write a review here: https://faxservice.co/faxzero-review/ In my opinion, FaxZero is a good self-serve web-based fax service. It's suitable for volume fax users, who fax occasionally and for personal use. However, FaxZero is expensive for professional users and it lacks advanced features. The support is limited either. For people not suitable for FaxZero, I recommend other fax services such as MetroFax and HelloFax. What I like about FaxZero: - Simple and intuitive interface. - Free tier for low-volume fax requirements. - A unique feature to fax your congressman. What I don't like about FaxZero: - Expensive for professional fax users. - Cannot receive a fax. - No mobile app to use - Support is limited

Carl D. Goldin
October 31st, 2017 Benson, AZ DETAILS

Faxzero used to provide a decent service. But, for the last several months, faxes to congress are not going through. When I reported the problem to Faxzero, their incompetent, rude "support" person (who goes by the name of Connie), kept insisting the fault lies with my computer (singular) --- even though I provided documentation that it occurs with six different computers, five different browsers, five different operating systems, different routers and different ISPs. I've switched to another service permanently. I suggest you do the same.