FaxZero Logo
FaxZero is an extremely limited faxing solution that is owned by a company called Savetz Publishing. Essentially, Savetz Publishing owns several different web domains out there in cyberspace that provide free solutions for customers. While FaxZero is something that you can use for free, it does have some limitations. Savetz Publishing is BBB accredited. Essentially, FaxZero is a great platform for sending faxes for free. We noticed that FaxZero has received a significant amount of positive press with Kiplinger, US News and Huffington Post.

SmartFax Logo
SmartFax chevron_right
1.1
TrustFax Logo
TrustFax chevron_right
1.4
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Accessibility
  • Support
We felt that FaxZero is a good solution for sending faxes without actually subscribing to a fax number. You simply input your phone number and other contact information and upload up to three files. There isn't an extensive back end to the system and it doesn't have any integrations with devices. Here are the things that we liked about FaxZero:
Accessibility
Essentially, this is just a web-based app. Therefore, the site is extremely accessible. You don't need to worry about logging in, remembering an account number, or your billing information if you are using the free version. We also like the price. You can't beat free. You can send up to five faxes per day with this great website, including three pages plus the cover page. If you want to use the paid version, you can send faxes that are up to 25 pages.
Support
For being a free product, we really felt like the FAQ was pretty useful. This part of the website answered all of our questions about sending a fax, the confirmation code for when our fax was received, and more. If your fax doesn't send for any reason, the system will try up to five times to deliver the document before giving up. When your fax does not get delivered, you will get a confirmation email so that you can try again. One neat feature that we noticed with FaxZero was the ability to fax your Senator or Congressperson on the website.

The Bad

• Uncertain security
  • FaxZero branding
  • Bare bones features
Would we recommend FaxZero for the small business? Probably not. The system doesn't have a lot of needed features, such as email integration and more. Also, we did have some questions about security, such as what happens to your fax if you leave the browser open.
Uncertain Security
We had some questions about fax security with FaxZero. Generally, there isn't an account creation mechanism. If you send your fax, there isn't necessarily a storage space for it. That made us wonder about the security of your faxes. While faxes send securely with this device there isn't a login window or account creation portal to make sure that your faxes stay private. If you leave your browser open, a web user can generally see the content of the message that you send over fax, but not the documents.
FaxZero Branding
We did have some issues with FaxZero and their branding approach. If you use the free version, you cover letter will have the FaxZero logo on top of it. While we appreciate the free cover letter that does not count against your total number of pages, this can get annoying if you want a clutter-free cover sheet for your fax.
Bare Bones Features
While a free fax service is great, there were some bare bones essentials that we needed with this fax service, such as:
  • The ability to send fax broadcasts to multiple recipients.
  • An easy file uploading process.
  • Fax management resources so that you can manage your previously sent faxes.

The Bottom Line

We do recommend FaxZero as a free faxing service, but at this time, its features are a little bit too limited for a business. If you want to use the "Almost Free" package, you can send a fax with up to 25 pages for $1.99. However, if you frequently fax as part of your business, we recommend a paid subscription and third-party integration found with other online fax providers. Keep in mind as well that it is a service that only allows you to send faxes.

2.7

That Guy Yus The Bronx, NY

The website only allows me to send 3 pages maximum whether I pay $1.99 or not. I thought I could pay the 1.99 and it would send me to another page where I can send more pages. But turns out that's not the case. While I was typing the above, I got an email from Fax Zero saying that even though I sent three seperate faxes with three pages each, I went over the page number limit and have to pay them in order for the fax to be sent. Screw that. I'm going next door and using my neighbor's fax machine.

Dave Foster Allendale, MI

Needed to send a one page FAX plus a cover sheet. Even though 3 pages or less are free they required a credit card number. A two page FAX was set up, but before it was sent there were two $1.00 charges to our credit card company and they (our credit card company) shut it down, we were able to get our card opened up that day but the next day three more $1.00 charges again. Our card was closed by our credit card company because of concerns over fraudulent behavior and a new one must be sent out. I am not happy at all. We ended up sending the 2 page FAX for free with another service that did not require our credit card number.

BEVERLY MYERS Newhall, IA

For the occasional fax sender, I think this service is awesome! I was able to send a Word document to a company with no problems sending OR receiving. Since I asked for an email confirmation on my cover letter I was able to find out immediately that they received it. From start to finish I was done in 15 minutes.

Bill Leahy Palm Bay, FL

The easy access to fax our Senators, Congress, and Governors is the best feature. Not only Congress and Governors, but Attornies General and other Cabinet members are listed and easily found. Love this ability to fax my reps easily. This is a valuable public service and I hope it stays with us.

David Young San Diego, CA

I used many fax services including FaxZero. I used both the free and paid service provided by FaxZereo. I also did extensive studies on FaxZero and it's advantages & disadvantages. FaxZero is good for some people and it's not for some other people. I write a review here: https://faxservice.co/faxzero-review/ In my opinion, FaxZero is a good self-serve web-based fax service. It's suitable for volume fax users, who fax occasionally and for personal use. However, FaxZero is expensive for professional users and it lacks advanced features. The support is limited either. For people not suitable for FaxZero, I recommend other fax services such as MetroFax and HelloFax. What I like about FaxZero: - Simple and intuitive interface. - Free tier for low-volume fax requirements. - A unique feature to fax your congressman. What I don't like about FaxZero: - Expensive for professional fax users. - Cannot receive a fax. - No mobile app to use - Support is limited

S Perry Minneapolis, MN

Testing services to act as a backup for our law firm, we tried the service. We sent a test fax to our own machine. Some 40 minutes after submitting and confirming the test fax, we received "confirmation" email stating the fax had been sent successfully. No fax was received. We tested our machine using another service and found all was working well. FaxZero A true zero. Do not bother with it.

Carl D. Goldin Benson, AZ

Faxzero used to provide a decent service. But, for the last several months, faxes to congress are not going through. When I reported the problem to Faxzero, their incompetent, rude "support" person (who goes by the name of Connie), kept insisting the fault lies with my computer (singular) --- even though I provided documentation that it occurs with six different computers, five different browsers, five different operating systems, different routers and different ISPs. I've switched to another service permanently. I suggest you do the same.

Connie Jacksonville, FL

You can send 3 pages free. They "say" you can send up to 25 pages for $1.99. I sent 14 pages, not including the cover letter, paid my $1.99 then get an email stating the fax failed because I had too many pages??

Paulina Kosmowska

I have had to send an 8 page fax - it went through super fast. Thank you fax zero!

Jerry. Derrick West Columbia, SC

Excellent the only one that really work for me