Zoosk Logo

Zoosk

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

6.0

Don U Los Angeles, CA

After looking all over the Zoosk website I couldn’t find out what it actually cost for a subscription. I had to read and familiarize myself with all kinds of stuff regarding their site and how they do things, but nothing that told me “how much”. This type of concealing behavior, combined with a little too familiar and friendly tone, all while being pushy toward my actually becoming a member, is not something I want to take from a salesperson or a website. It can border on coming off as sociopathic. I decided they were impressing me quite the wrong way, and from a little I read about them from forums that look at dating services, I believe it would only get worse the more I got to know them and who they were. So, I’ve decided to skip them all together band to advise all others when reading their deceptive website: “Caveat Lector"

douglas lodge Allentown, PA

Was a paid subscriber for 2 years and in that time only got to meet 2 woman, one that I had contacted and one who initially contacted me. needless to say neither worked out. I had a very nice honest and professional profile with current pics and had sent messages to a few hundred woman telling them that I liked their profile and was interested in chatting and if both parties felt mutual then meet them. Not one reply only much younger woman were interested. I am 54 and not in the least interested in a 20 year old. I have also been on other dating sites and know how to spot the fake profiles and sent Zoosk messages about this and proof of fake profiles, telling the to do a photo search on one of the sites that show known scammers and you would see the exact same photo on their site as in the fake zoos profile. needless to say nothing was done, I also noticed a few potential profiles that I was interested in and had even tried to contact but in my 2 years have never seen them online, many old profiles and maybe fake to get you interested in a subscription. I know that I myself would not pay for a subscription and never be online, something fishy on that on. I also had the site crash on my Mac computer and the only thing that i had got and saw when i logged in was a flashing heart, had contacted zoosk support before 5pm, no hours after that and was told to change my browser, sounds funny that it had worked a few weeks prior to that with no issues and with me not doing any updates at all. customer service is next to non existent and i had to use a cancel wizard to cancel my subscription. I still have my profile listed as i now keep getting email from them telling me someone has sent me a message, more then 15 of them in approx a month never got even half that in the 2 years that i was a member, sounds funny to me. I also thought that my profile should not be listed as i am no longer a member of this site. total scam if you ask me and the government should crack down on these rip off sites and close the bad ones down buyer beware

Ken Wilson

At the Consumers Affairs website, Zoosk gets one 1 star out of 5 - people are very unhappy with their experience at Zoosk. Bad enough that the site doesn't work properly, let's scammers post there, contains ancient, out-of-date and non-members profiles, sends false positive results and wants you to PAY for any number of services that should be included (like at other dating sites)....the worst thing is their 'Auto Renew' policy. THEY DO NOT WARN YOU when it's time to renew and that they are going to do it. You find out after the fact and they REFUSE to give a refund! This is the business model of Fraud and Scam businesses. Ya, sure they put that condition in the fine print when you sign-up, but they know that most people will forget, and they are literally BANKING on that, so they don't warn you ahead of time. They just take your money.

Gareth

Most of its fake, people have to pass your profile to browse. The app then alerts you that someone has viewed your profile, nope they just skipped by. So it can make a frequent browser look like they are interested by it saying they've viewed your profile 25 times in one day. Contact them and you can get a very abrupt reply. Another fake feature is the 'someone wants to meet you'. Wow really? They never viewed my profile, they never chatted, best of all they never knew I existed. Unfortunately you have to pay a lot of money to find out what a scam this site is. Don't waste your cash, use a free site.

William R. Schlecht

Carousel doesn't allow user to Like someone after you have clicked on finding more about them. I then paid $20 (minimum amount) for "coins" to "unlock" carousel. I assumed this would allow this to fix this shortcoming. No fix. You click and this causes the person you are interested to vanish. No moniker. No search for monikers like match.com. Waste of money. The other match method provided is by way of unique matches where you CAN pull up info without losing out on the ability to communicate with the person. However, over time, out of 17-20 matches, 15-20 of them are the SAME matches.

Lawrence Howell Seattle, WA

The absolute worst of the many online dating services.I signed up after spotting, during their free trial, someone of interest in a nearby city because I had to join to email this person. Once they had my money (almost $80), that person in the nearby city did not appear anymore. They said that they couldn't control that. It was blatant misrepresentation and criminal deceit. Within the hour, I complained about the lies and got only response that I could cancel my account, but no refund. Since I was trapped I decided to see if the service had any merits, but the website is useless. Searches ignore the settings preferences that I set. There is no way to keep a list of any profile of interest except by actually contacting that person instantly. A simple way of being able to save profiles without contact is a no-brainer in my opinion. They have some sort of carousel BS that helps them match you. It is a farce. I received plenty of contacts from interested women, but even if I have deleted them they continue to appear in my contacted folder. They are immune from the law being based in Canada. I am going to spend every chance I get reporting and warning people about Zoosk. I have belonged to other services. This is the worst. Way past bordering on criminal misrepresentation.BEWARE I liked: Very little. I didn't like: Automatic billing of cc no refund on day 1 of service complaint. Plus I am confident that they sold my phone number and who knows what other data to telemarketers.

ContactZoosk

A way to get instant response from ZOOSK customer support! Signed up for free account. Discovered I was getting way to many emails a day, pushing me to pay money, pay money, pay money. I tried to stop the emails by using the unsubscribe listed at end of incoming emails. Nothing worked. I started looking for contact info on site. Nada. Finally I searched online for contact info to remove my account. Couldn't locate anyway to contact the people who run this site. Saw lots of complaints about this dating service. Thought thank goodness I didn't give them my cc info. This could have been so much worse. Still I was annoyed that I couldn't get anyone to remove my profile nor was there an easy to remove profile button anywhere to be found nor get anyone to even acknowledge me. So I figured I could at least have some free fun marketing of my annoyance. I was laughing creating this fictitional person. I changed my name on the site to "SiteEatsManure". The in my story 'about me' I listed my travails in trying to get removed. In the 'ideal first date' I wrote :'sitting in courtroom as judge handed down millions in awards for damages in the class action suit brought against Zoosk for being unable and totally unwilling to stop the harassment'. I then posted my favorite picture of Sophia Loren. Complete with subtitle including her name and the credits to Getty Library. To my total amazement within 30 minutes site came back approving my new online datesite name. My roommate who had listened to me complain and my resulting writeup about the problem thought my solution hysterical. I figured one might as well have fun. I never expected to get any response other than from more men I would never consider dating. Low and behold within a couple hours my sitename was disapproved. The following morning there were emails stating that "your updates were declined for not following Zoosk's guidelines" really!!! I cannot imagine why not. LMAO. Finally I got another email from Zoosk, low and behold a customer support person actually wrote back! (A HUMAN FINALLY CONTACTED ME VIA EMAIL!) which read we have removed your profile as requested! Hummmmm. I HAD NO WAY TO CONTACT ANYONE TO REQUEST THE REMOVAL OF MY NON-ACCOUNT! The entire funny (ok obnoxious) skit was manufactured to make it possible to laugh over these clowns. I wasn't expecting to actually be able to get the attention of anyone at the site! Much less have a customer support person contact me via email. At any rate. For those of you who haven't been able to get a word in edgewise nor even a contact link to a company that refuses any sort of email contact, try the way I did. At least creative answers to dating questions apparently gets their attention. Who the heck thinks up a paid dating site that disables any sort of email contact with any sort of customer support? I guess they are losing money and cannot afford customer support. Plus the suggested dates were disasters or many 'suggested' pics of same very attractive men from other sites using same pictures of men doing things I said I enjoyed! What rubbish! They are clearly marketing ads, not real life men searching for a partner and friend in life. Hey maybe they will use my pic of Sophia Loren as bait for the men!!!

Sherry Pendleton Kansas City, MO

Your such thief's! Your " buying coins option" is proof that what your company offers and what you really get are completely fake! Your company really messed up when you took photos from my FaceBook page and posted photos of a 15 yr. old girl without permission! What were you thinking?! Seemed your company was attempting to attract pedifiles. Surely you did not mistake a 15 year old girl with a 59 year old woman!? That particular little girl's daddy is a homicide detective, he is my son in law. And feels the internet is an aweful tool for children. I used to argue with him about it, but he proved me wrong. I am extremely careful with the internet now, your company made me aware how easy one little piece of information can really real havoc on a person. PEOPLE-be careful, very careful!

C Springfield, MO

I really hate to dog a company online - I know that not everything works for everyone but I recently saw a zoosk commercial asking us to "rate" the site and I would like to speak my say. This is the worst of all worst dating sites I have ever used. Again, if it was just horrible, I would just move on, though to pay such a high rate to use the site and to not meet anyone was not good. Zoosk essentially has no filters for use: this means that anyone with a social media site (primarily facebook but even old myspace and zebo accounts) can get set up. It leaves endless empty shell accounts. There are to many profiles to really make sense of it, and at the end of the day, a lot of abuse on the site because it's easy for bots to hide. There is also what I believe to be paid "users" to keep people somewhat engaged though page "likes" and random "hi" messages. Everything about the site reeks of such sleaziness and it's a shame that they put so much into advertising though not into making a cool site. For the money, it's almost userous. I feel anyone wanting to use the site should be warned: I wouldn't waste your money. There are plenty of free dating sites and even paid sights that have put in the effort. Zoosk is taking advantage of the fact that people are lonely and looking for positive connection. This site needs to go out of business.

N/A Front Royal, VA

I'm giving it a rating of 2-10 strictly because, I feel, especially in light of other websites, that it's behind in terms of communication. I've been looking for my special someone for quite a while now, and I've messaged hundreds of people, and with few reply. This could be me, I admit that. However, considering my failure rate, I would not be willing to pay to message, and receive a non-reply from most contacts. I do not use Zoosk because I can't at least communicate for free. Yes, I get it, it's a business and all. And honestly, if I was an employee with the company, I would think of an alternative. POF and OKC both allow for free communication, but hide features. I actually subscribed because I wanted the features. The benefit to Zoosk just doesn't, to me, seem worth my time. Match.com and Eharmony, despite their success, are not for me either because of the incurring cost. If I found my special someone on Zoosk, for free, I'd be willing to donate out of gratitude, and the goodness of my heart, but you can't build a business on gratitude. Others may feel differently.

Tim Saint Joseph, MO

My experience was the worst. The matches were awful. A lot of the women were rude, ill-mannered and very shallow. The date I did finally get was an absolute disaster. I think there is something seriously flawed with your algorithm. I don't see how it came up with that person for a match. The pricing plans were ridiculous and way to high for the value of the site. Why should I be gouged because I only want to try it out for a month. If I can't find a match in that time there really is no need to drag it out past that. Overall the site was a big disappointment and not worth the value. I do not recommend this site to friends.

Kimberly Barker Euclid, OH

Zoosk took my money after 2 days of my subscription and cancelled my account for no apparent reason. Never using them again... Thumbs down!

Lester Boyertown, PA

zoosk puts up fake profiles. total scam,

Dora Gonzalez ,

Worse experience ever. I was scammed by a person named William S and because of this site. I will never believe in love again. It has been the worse experienced since my divorce. This person has used this site with several other women who have filed a complaint with FBI and Cyber crime. Hope no one else is scammed by using this site

Gary Todd Las Vegas, NV

After about a week, I was contacted and began a whirlwind romance that was perfect in every way. Then came the sad story that would take $5760 to remedy. I did a background search on this person and found she did not exist in any state despite her Salt Lake City cell phone number. I dodged the scam, but it was a very painful experience just the same.

Sheree Starkey Dallas, TX

Honestly don't waste your money on Zoosk. 95 percent of your views are fake. Zoosk generates the views not the people themselves. There are people that have been on there for years, fake profiles and men that lie thru their teeth. I've had a man who used some else's information for a profile. When I did start talking to him I asked questions and the answers he was giving me didn't match what his profile said. Needless to say he never responded back when I questioned that. How do you trust words written on a dating sight? I want honestly not bs.

Nancy Smith Covina, CA

My biggest complaint is the difficulty I'm having deactivating my account. I had thought I had deactivated it once, but it is still active. So, when I tried to deactivate it the 2nd time, following the directions in the app, the deactivation website wasn't working. That is, it forced me to give a reason and after I did, it still did not give me the option of deactivating. My second complaint is that I really didn't think it filtered possible matches very effectively at all.

SjcJose Cupertino, CA

Bought the 6-month membership and cancelled it half way. Their view reports are bogus. There are ladies who view me several times a day. Yet, they don’t respond to my messages. What is more puzzling is that when I run a search of these ladies, their profiles are nowhere to be found. The only way to view their profiles is to click the picture on the view report. Something is very fishy and Zoosk is obviously cheating.

Disappointed Willoughby, OH

Signed up for 1 month. Also purchased the enhanced messaging. I had one ONE... YES ONE... person who I could "chat" with even though there were numerous others who requested to chat. I wrote numerous times to ask why I could not chat... NO REPLY! I guess you live and learn about the good the bad and the REALLY BAD sites... and ZOOSK is really, really bad.

DTMC Albany, GA

I signed up for 1 month to try it out I was very disappointed. Seen quite a few profiles that I know are fake. I canceled my subscription well before the renewal date and they still charged me even having jump through all the hoops to cancel it. Which sounds about the same as a lot of these other reviews. All in all it was a waste of time and money

Chris Psalmonds Middleburg, FL

No way of telling if profiles are of current members or ever have been members. Obviously cannot converse with someone not a member without paying more so anyone can contact you. Some views show up but don't show in alerts something askew there. No way to search for members by name & and a search will yield same results for weeks or months, then suddenly next time may be completly different profiles you have never seen.

jesus L San Diego, CA

unfortunate i spent so much money and just a few days i already realized how bad a decision this was. pay to talk, pay extra so others can talk to you without paying. not really any way to narrow down searches. whenever i try the carousel feature i didn't know it immediately sends hearts to every single person. most people don't put anything in their bios and im someone who doesnt look at faces but stories to give me an idea if i'd like them or not. it doesn't tell you how long someone has been offline or if their profile SHOULD be active. overall really bummed out

Roggan Graham Mt. Pleasant, SC

DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY!!! I cannot emphasize this enough. When I tried to cancel, Zoosk sent me a message that my account was cancelled, but I could continue to use it until my subscription term was done. Ummm, that's not how a cancellation works, Zoosk. There are many fake & inactive profiles here. The final straw was after being a member for a week, getting a nice message & responding within 3 minutes. Zoosk told me that the member had cancelled their account. Sure, that makes sense. Don't waste your time & especially not your money with these thieves.

K. Parker Brevard, NC

Please, don't do it! Even calling a customer service rep to ask how to use the site is impossible! And I've only been a paid subscriber for two days. The most ridiculous and time consuming farce I've ever gotten myself into by not reading the fine print. Silly girl. I'm done. I'll go out and use my time wisely, as someone else here said, by volunteering in my community. Could net me at least one real date.

Stevie

Very bad dating app all about money and no support for issues! Recently my subscription cost me $239.98 Australian dollars for 6 months overcharged or a scam and then I had problems with chats or messages could not used them at all even asking for more money! I had submitted a number of complaints 20 -30 nothing happened to fix the issues had this problem also last year. My only option is to make a complaint to itunes for a full refund! Zoosk is about money and very poor on support!

Jay

Not at encouraging. Messages I can't read to determine if it is genuine contact even though they took my money soon enough to be able to do exactly that. Useless search engine as no way to log profiles you may be interested in. I can't see how anyone will meet anyone on this site unless you are both extremely lucky. Just a hopeless and not genuine site is my conclusion after just 2 months.

Kimberly King Baltimore, MD

I signed up for the service a few days ago. I realized i didn't want the service anymore. I called to ask for a refund and tgey denied me a refund. Thats a real rip off and i do Not want to use their service ever again because of their dumb policy. If im no longer using a service i paid for, my money should be refunded. I will gey in comtact with The Better Business Bureau.

Debra Holliston, MA

I was new to online dating..was going to try it for $29.95 for 1 month Somehow I got charged $99.95 for 1 yr I called to report the mistake..they would not give a refund . I ended up paying 99.95 for coins..in which you can't even use to communicate with anyone who has messaged you. Customer service said I had 1800 coins...when I tried to use them . I was told I only had 352 left..OMG where did all the coins go ??? Customer service did not have an answer... Left feeling totally ripped off...and they get away with this...

Debbie Schneider

I joined the South African site and so far only mostly met men who had fake I.D's, stolen profile pictures (although photo verified by Zoosk) who appeared on Pigbusters (Scammer site) and on Romancescammers.com. After a week's chatting and wanting to meet them they need to leave town. Then has a financial crisis and needs money. Tineye Reverse Image helped me a lot to Identify some of them. I am yet to meet a real person on site. Think twice before joining. There are better sites.

Rick Iowa City, IA

The site was setup so that when you looked in your inbox at users that had viewed you, it showed them you viewed them, which was not true. Then when they checked theirs it showed you they viewed you. Sets up a indefinite loop of false views which is annoying. In addition I don't recall there being a way to tell if it was a subscribing member so as to avoid wasting time emailing someone that cannot reply without paying. If they are not paying, they are not serious.

Ryan L Saint John, IN

It seemed alright at first and I found much in common with many different women on the page. After some time though it was just a waiting game. Nobody ever responds to even the most simple messages and the whole search option is out of the question. Any time I have meet a woman online nothing ever came of it. Just seemed like a waste of my time and money. I should have gone with another site! Avoid by all means!!!

Jon Lyerly Bedford, VA

To be honest. This site really sucks. 90%are fake profiles. Money waster Save it you’ll be better off.

Aden Mohamed Camberwell, SWK

Can’t cancel subscription and can’t delete account , they are attempting to take money off my account when I have clearly paused the account as I have met someone elsewhere , it’s like they are forcing you into to be on it

Josh bh Columbia, MD

To make my LONG story SHORT, DO NOT DO NOT AND DO NOT subscribe to Zook. I would rather have donated the money to Animal Shelter. Zoosk is so HORRIBLE that it can not be rated, but I have to give it a one star because my review will not post unless I completely fill out.

T M Salt Lake City, UT

Match.com and POF are so much better. Don't join Zoosk if you are male looking for a women. It's scam! I've dated a lot of women including being married for 24 years. Many were good looking; no kidding. These women are either fake or snobby. I cancelled my subscription.

Bob Kitchener, ON

I found Zoosk there is allot of implied interest but I believe to be fake. Also Zoosk charged me an activation fee as well as the membership fee. The site should distinguish between members that are current, have a paid membership and those that their paid membership is no longer active, or expired.

Beckett Box Elder, SD

They create fake a profile, and they using other people picture to connect you, fake person, want your cell phone, then usuing other people name. My advice to you specially people have 1 or two pictures don't trust its fake, they just want your money.

AZ single Scottsdale, AZ

Good luck if you ever want to cancel the membership!!! They KEEP on charging your card even after removing your profile or pressing their "Discontinue" button. Lots of FAKE accounts on this site as well. Many ladies from out of the country who want to email or text after initial contact. A REAL JOKE

Michael Yester Greenville, NC

I subscribed a year ago for their service. I felt it was okay, really only talked and met one person. Otherwise nobody else I reached out to was a paid member. Luckily, I was able to cancel before it renewed. Just like in the article, I paid for the service just to find the message I wanted to see was an automated. That left a bad taste.

T88 Chicago, IL

Useless search engine that does not allow the user to read key information on profiles of interest. Matched with people that live hundreds of miles away! Coin feature and the accumulation thereof is a huge waste of time and must be used to "unlock matched profiles". No way to screen potential matches. Not happy with this site at all.

Jonathan Wade Lanham, MD

Nobody real is ever online and the advertisments are misleading. I joined because the ads made it seem like women are looking for dates but in reality, there were no women looking for dates. The color scheme is bland and boring and modifications have to be done with the font so that it looks inviting.

randy Richland Center, WI

I understand its about making money but . .why should i keep paying for fake messages from shell accounts. If you do find a live person 98 % are gimmee girls looking for free ride free lunch or some other scam.... Not really worth your time

S.R. Corona, CA

I really did not like Zoosk. The website's layout, poor search engine, and critically limited user information was enough to make me realize it was a mistake right after I made my profile. I would recommend not wasting your money.

Tony Guardino Roseville, CA

Too many fake females that ultimately claim to be from Ghana and eventually ask for money.

Jerry Johns Port Deposit, MD

They keep REMOVING, parts of my profile.NO WAY to contact customer service,is as bad as POF

Warren Rund, CAK Reno, NV

Fake profiles. Some people look like males while pretending to be female. Most profiles are just plain fake. Complete scam, don't waste your money.

[email protected] Winston-Salem, NC

It is unfair they will not make partial refunds. I've been on the site 15 days & I'm 99% sure I am being scammed already. Three times I have started to cancel my subscription. I do not recommend Zoosk.

Terry

It's horrible! Once you subscribe, they won't let you unsubscribe and they automatically charge you for a new term whenever the old one expires. You will waste either money or time trying to put an end to the madness.

larysa Owens Cross Roads, AL

The biggest rip off site. Even if you pay the membership they still want additional fees for finding out and contacting interested parties... No other site gigs you for additional money for standard services.

stanley green Corpus Christi, TX

scam!!! don't waste your money!!!,charged twice no refund