Farmers Only

Farmers Only

Farmers Only Review

Most dating sites are full of singles from various walks of life, each looking for different experiences. In 2005, when his good friend was widowed, Jerry Miller realized how difficult it was to find singles who valued the farmers' lifestyle. He then created a special niche site to separate those with similar values and interests from the millions of other singles out there. On Farmer's Only, users can expect a farming-friendly website full of singles who already have a lot in common. We think you'll see that Farmer's Only has won the niche dating game for rural singles.

The Good: Farmers Only

• Niche site for country people
Niche Site for Country People

Farmers Only is all about the niche. Those who enjoy the outdoors oriented farmer lifestyle and values tend to report high satisfaction with the type of people they meet on the site. Farmers Only boasts that it is the starting place for over 100 marriages, and many of the online reviews indicate that the primary draw to the website was the ability to find those people who understood the "farmer lifestyle."

The Bad: Farmers Only

• Very basic site
  • No matching method
  • Low membership and traffic volume
  • Poor + verification safety features
  • Bad app reviews
Very Basic Site

Farmers Only charges a fairly normal amount (compared to other dating sites) but doesn't offer the services or membership numbers to back it up. Basically, what users on Farmers Only are paying for is the niche-finding people with similar interests and lifestyles-and that's it. Additionally, while it is common practice for "free" users (people without memberships) to have minimal site privileges, Farmers Only free users are relatively powerless until they sign up for a higher-level membership. While we appreciate that this site has found its niche, it's a little one-note for us.

When you first come to Farmers Only, the site looks professionally made and updated. However, once you create a profile and actually log onto the site, it looks like it hasn't been updated for 15 years. The poorly designed graphics and layout makes for a bad user experience.

No Matching Method

Farmers Only narrows down the playing field considerably for its members simply by existing, but it doesn't offer many services beyond providing profiles. While some people may be satisfied finding partners by simply using this niche dating site, there is no way to find a compatible partner beyond this.

Low Membership and Traffic Volume

Farmers Only has over 150,000 registered users. While that may seem like a large number, it's a fraction of the members other sites have.

On average, FarmersOnly.com sees about 418,000 hits per day. Again, other dating sites get millions of hits each day. Because the number of hits each day is so much higher than people actually registered to the site, it seems like people are just looking at the site and then leaving, without creating a profile.

Poor + Verification Safety Features

Farmers Only offers basic safety features, such as allowing members to block other users. Any "catfish" schemes or scams result in the offending account being banned. However, Farmers Only does not conduct background checks on members, nor do they have any strict verification process in place.

There is no verification process on Farmers Only. You can create an account and browse other user's information without verifying who you are through social media accounts or email.

Bad App Reviews

The only app available for Farmers Only is through the GooglePlay Store. The app has 500 reviews and an average rating of 3/5 stars, but the most popular star rating is 1 star. Recurring complaints of the FarmersOnly Dating app include:

• Horrible interface and design
  • Expensive to set up an account
  • Unable to upload photos
  • Robot profiles / scammers
  • App keeps crashing

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a website that will introduce you to a core group of people who share your farming lifestyle and values, FarmersOnly may be worth checking out. However, this website is too expensive for the few services it offers and very minimalistic compared to other dating sites. To recap, the many negatives of FarmersOnly include:

• Poorly designed site
  • No messaging with free account
  • Expensive for limited features
  • No matching algorithm
  • Low traffic volume
  • Low user volume
  • Poor safety features
  • No verification
  • Negative mobile app reviews
  • No iOS app

It all comes down to whether this niche is important to you or not. For an online dating site with more users, traffic, and a matching algorithm, check out one of our top rated online dating sites.

17 Farmers Only Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 10th, 2017 Bladenboro, NC

Wish I had read these reviews, before joining! Lesson learned! Don't waste your money, or time, on this sorry excuse of a dating site! Less than attractive members, fake profiles, and obscene gestures.

June 26th, 2017 Stanchfield, MN

I lost my premium account for some stupid reason. So now I am out at least 3 months of service. I will be going to another site. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS SITE Corey is rude and a poor business person.

June 2nd, 2017 Evergreen, CO

Have tried Farmers several times and always careful to only pay for a 1 month subscription. Rarely had anyone look at my profile although it was comprehensive, well worded and had photos posted. Not overweight, non drinker, non smoker, fit, active, educated, no baggage or drama. Received a minimum of "flirts" ~ as in men who were just too lazy or illiterate to write a short email. Do retirement age men think women are interested in receiving a flirt? On occasions where I have made sure not to renew my subscription and making sure my card was not charged again, I received, each time, a mysterious email. Too coincidental that when I fail to renew that's when a mystery man decides to finally send a note that I cannot read unless I plunk down another $21.95. I fell for that ploy twice to read the email and guess what, just a note with the words "hi". That's right $21.95 to read an eloquent, well thought out message "hi". Another time I paid for membership to read the inane note "you live too far away." Won't fall for the scam again. I don't think all the profiles are legitimate and I believe the site sends out bogus emails to entice you to rejoin. Waste of time and money.

May 27th, 2017 Saint Petersburg, FL

This company has been charging my account without my knowledge. I don't even get emails to my account with anyone so not sure why that is either. I am furious they have been ILLEGALY withdrawing money from my account. They say I signed up for this feature..when I made sure I didn't. This company is a SCAM...they should be ashamed

May 18th, 2017

I signed up for a 3-month subscription, but after reviewing the profiles (No way to narrow down your search to look for matches), I cancelled my subscription the next day. I gave it some thought and decided to give it more effort. When I tried to re-activate my subscription, I was told I would have to pay a second time. The customer service rep, Corey, was actually quite nasty and un-customer service-like in his response. He refused to issue a credit when I cancelled after 1 day, and refused to re-activate my account.

April 12th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I joined FarmersOnly.com and learned that there weren't many Deaf or hard of hearing or hearing men fluent in ASL (American Sign Language). Many refused to bother to learn ASL. I withdrew and requested a refund. They refused stating that due to not taking advantage of them, they will not recharge me again and told me to be "patient.". I was astonished and appalled. First of all, we, the Deaf that are fluent in ASL are a minority in this hearing society -- they have NO idea of how difficult it is to find compatible singles fluent in my language, which is ASL. A lot of members online were also not active although they were enrolled. Very disappointed with this site, do not bother joining.

March 24th, 2017 New Franken, WI

This site is a complete joke. Over half the profiles are fake, or completely bogus. There is no way anyone is going to tell me you could actually find a legit date on this site, every hit I had was futile. And after spending the $ to set the account up the site is no where to be found for help or direction of any kind. Do yourself a huge favor and don't even consider it, the women are after somewhere to put their horse, and most of the guys aren't even country people, they are wannabes.

March 4th, 2017 Foristell, MO

Dan No support from there technical people just got the run around .My farmers only account was hacked in Early Feb, 2017 and did everything there support people instructed me to do to get my account back up and running. After 5 attempts at this and no results I requested a refund for my remaining time. They would hang up on me when I asked for the refund. Very disappointed I will let any one i know considering joining farmers only to reconsider and try other dating sites

February 21st, 2017 Pomona, CA

joined for one day. Had violent s and m men contact me who were very racist. Scary clientele

January 12th, 2017 Charleston, SC

Farmers only is a FRAUD. Most of the ads on there are either FAKE, or people like me who were not allowed to cancel. I tried to cancel, and they did not let me They keep charging me. Farmers only sends out FAKE emails, when it is time for your renewal rolls around. Seriously, you won't get a bite until then, unless it is a wink from a FREE/Standard member. If you are like me, and don't exactly remember your sign in/cancellation date AND you are foolish enough to click the FAKE email of a good looking person, they will reach into your bank account for another 6 months at the full rate. Oh, when you click the email you will find a message that says, Hi, and nothing else. Any other site is better than Farmers. It is a total scam. It really made me mad when I tried to delete my profile and I could not. So, I am on there still, but I don't dare sign in or they will keep charging me forever. Don't DO IT.

December 9th, 2016

I hate doing things like this - but here's the story: I purchased a 6 month membership once, during which time, I met someone, not affiliated with this networking site. Apparently, my cancelation of this membership did not go through as I thought it did (something for which I am suspicious of), and was unaware until after my card was charged for an additional 6 months. The following business day, I contacted customer support, by both phone and email. Their phone service patched me through to an answering service where I was told I would be contacted by email. Two days later, someone finally contacted me and they refused to return refund my momey or cancel my membership. And so, I figure, since I'm stuck with six months, I might as well warn others about my unsavoury encounter. Never again.

October 22nd, 2016 Prairieville, LA

Wow, what a scam when there is no reason to be like that.

October 5th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

First of all its not free as they claim. If you don't pay for an upgrade you can't see anything that is sent to you. I only found creeps on here and was being bombarded with them so I cancelled my acct in less than 12 hrs. I attempted to call for a refund but the number they provide doesn't work! So I had to reactivate my account to get another contact method. As soon as I signed in I saw there was something in my mail box but couldn't look at it because they wanted me to pay again! The response I received from them was cold and off topic and useless. They won't refund my money nor will they unlock my account. So I'm out $40 for 12 hours worth of creeps.

July 22nd, 2016 Birmingham, AL

The Farmers Only site does not work as their FAQs indicate for Standard Members. The site says a standard member can send and receive flirts, but that is NOT true. If someone sends a Standard Member a "flirt", the Standard member cannot see the flirt nor who it came from. The website FAQs clearly say you can use flirts to see if you and another person are interested in each other before paying for an upgrade to communicate further via personalized messages; however, that functionality absolutely does NOT exist. The Farmers Only support team says that the content of a flirt is "premium content" and you "must upgrade to see the flirts you have received". This information I received from their support staff totally contradicts the website FAQs. I have tried several times to get help from Farmers Only support and have pointed out that their response contradicts the website FAQs, but they keep sending the same response quoted above. It appears that Farmers Only is merely a scam designed to force people to pay them too much for too little. Another interesting fact: there are very few farmers on farmersonly.com; actual farmers are a very low percentage of their membership, which is also extremely misleading. This makes it very difficult for real farmers to sort through, especially as a standard member. I have a friend that sent in a recommendation to Farmers Only asking for a new searchable field added that indicates whether or not someone is actually a farmer; they have denied that request. This site is a huge waste of time and is very misleading to actual farmers, and their support team has one job: to tell you to upgrade and pay.

July 14th, 2016 Cannon Falls, MN

So disappointed with the farmer's only site. Seems only about 1 in 5 of the profiles that are on there are premium members which means you can contact them. Otherwise you have to dish out even more money.

June 5th, 2016 Gray Court, SC

If a non paying member can not reply to a paying members message then the site is little more than a scam. Standard members are little more than ghost in the machine unable contact the souls of the living with premium memberships. Premium members know it's useless to send standard member message because the can not reply? Why have standard memberships at all they are usless.

May 18th, 2016 Salem, IL

Personally the TV advertisement is very discriminatory... I lived in the country and now live in the county.... they down grade city girls... and I tried farmersonly ... once because I love the country... but because I am not living in the country... well.. excuse me. All city girls are not as they advertise on their commercials... and it is insulting.