Safeway Moving System Logo

Safeway Moving System

8.1

LAST UPDATED: October 8th, 2021

Veteran owned and based in Chicago, Safeway Moving System offers local, long-distance, and international moving services as well as storage options. The company specializes in providing moving services for large homes and condos and provides its customers with a flat rate price, or hourly rate, for their moves with a promise of no extra charges or hidden fees. Safeway Moving System is granted full operating authority by the U.S. and Canadian governments, which means that they are authorized to provide services in all states and provinces. With over 100 trucks in its network, Safeway Moving System is able to find you the best solution for an affordable price.

In addition to its traditional moving services, Safeway Moving offers monthly storage for personal and commercial valuables. The company prides itself on being an industry leader in international relocation, moving, storage, and freight forwarding services.

The Good

• Positive Customer Reviews
  • Free Moving Quotes
  • No Hidden Fees
  • Storage Solutions
  • International Reach
  • Works with Condo Associations

Positive Customer Reviews

Safeway Moving System has many positive online reviews. Reviewers are often observed sharing their positive view of the company’s no hidden fee policy. Many said they were satisfied with the company’s transparent pricing and that they were charged the amount they were quoted for their move. Positive reviews also mentioned the professionalism and timeliness of the company’s movers.

Free Moving Quotes

When moving, it is always a good idea to get pricing quotes from several moving companies to see which would be the best fit for your move. Safeway Moving System provides free quotes via email or over the phone.

No Hidden Fees

Some moving companies provide quotes that are inaccurate, too low, or that do not mention fees or additional charges that a customer could potentially incur. Safeway Moving System promises its customers that it does not charge hidden fees or add on extra charge. The company quotes movers a flat rate price, or hourly rate, and do not charge for travel time back and forth between counties as some companies do.

Storage Solutions

Safeway Moving System offers its customers personal and commercial storage solutions, including to those moving internationally. Items are stored in wooden storage vaults equipped with anti-theft security alarm systems. Customers can start renting storage space anytime and are charged monthly with the first month’s rent being free as an introductory special. As a benefit, Safeway Moving System promises to match or beat its competitors storage pricing, so movers looking for storage should shop around to guarantee the lowest price.

International Reach

Because international moves can be more complicated and stressful, Safeway Moving System is committed to making the process run smoothly. The company has seventeen international licensees and relationships with more than 300 preferred global partners. While it seems Safeway specializes in moves within North America, it encourages customers to call their customer service reps for information on moves outside of the United States and Canada.

As a bonus, Safeway Moving System’s move coordinators can help guide customers through a variety of questions that may arise during an international move. The company can provide information on the destination country, climate, schools, and shipping regulations that can affect what movers are allowed to transport into the country.

Works with Condo Associations

Many condo associations require moving companies to verify licensing, insurance, and credentials to mitigate risk. It is common for most moving companies to carry the minimum insurance policy required by law which is $750,000. Safeway Moving System carries $1,000,000 dollar insurance policy and carries current licensing.

The Bad

• No Pricing Information Online
  • Inconsistent Online Reviews
  • Limited Services Compared to Competitors

No Pricing Information Online

Many moving companies will offer movers a way to obtain a moving quote online. This is convenient and makes comparing several moving companies’ quotes quick and easy. Safeway Moving System does not provide any pricing information on its website, and movers must call or email the company directly for a quote.

Inconsistent Online Reviews

While many of the company’s online reviews were glowing, there did appear to be some inconsistency. Many Safeway Moving System’s reviews give the company a glowing five stars, but there are also many rock-bottom one-star reviews accusing the company of paying for positive reviews online. Negative reviewers often mention that they were charged hidden fees after they were told there wouldn’t be any. Potential customers should carefully review quotes and ask what fees could potentially be charged.

Limited Services Compared to Competitors

Other moving services companies advertise a larger variety of services that can make a move easier and more convenient for customers such as cleaning services, move planners, and information specifically to assist with military moves. The company provides very limited information on car shipping; however, it does appear from some online reviews that customers were able to work with the company on shipping their vehicles.

The Bottom Line

Safeway Moving System has a decades-long history of providing moving services across all 50 states as well as internationally. This full service coverage can be very helpful for those moving long distances. The company’s storage service also provides customers with a convenient solution to storage needs when they arrive at their destination; no finding and arranging delivery to a separate storage facility. We are impressed by Safeway’s promise of flat rate moving quotes with no hidden fees, as well as its price match or beat guarantee for their storage services.

Accusations of fraudulent glowing, five-star reviews give us pause, and we encourage you to research a number of local long-distance movers, full-service movers, and relocation companies near you before making a final decision to ensure that the fees, offers, and services are the best fit for you.

Message from
Safeway Moving System

The Safeway to move: Military precision relocation

Founded by a U.S. Army Vet, Safeway Moving has grown to become one of the safest solutions to long distance moving.

The moving industry is confusing, and the last thing you need when preparing for a move is confusion. Safeway Moving System has helped enough people move that we know the industry inside and out. We will cut through the chaos and keep your move simple and affordable.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.8

bookmark

Featured Review

Jeff Henry Mahopac, NY

This is by far the most hassle free and convenient moving company experience I've ever had. The staff was helpful with all my needs and requests concerning the move as well as friendly and easy to talk to. Recommended to all.

Amy Wisneski Fort Lauderdale, FL

My family recently moved from Miami to North Carolina with two small children. I was totally overwhelmed but Safeway saved the day by efficiently packing up all our belongings and making the move a breeze. DEFINITELY worth the expense!!

Julianne Michael

I was referred to this company by a friend and could not be more happy with my decision! Moving is already stressful enough and Safeway moving made the move basically stress free! I highly recommend this company to anyone! They are hard- working professionals who will take great care of your things and ensure the move goes seamlessly! Overall experience exceeded my expectations!

Bryan Davis Miami, FL

So my representatives name was Zachary, he was so helpful from start to finish, he pretty much held our hand because this was our first time doing a long distance move. I saw how they were rank #1 for accurate pricing, because I’m sure we’ve all heard those stories of the movers showing up and charging $1,000s of dollars more. Not to get off topic too quick but a good friend of mine did a long distance move a few years back and he didn’t look into the company that he was hiring. He put down a deposit the day he book the move and then come pick up day they demanded an extra $3,500 more dollars or they won’t take the furniture. His lease ended that day and he was stuck on the side of the road with everything he owned because he didn’t have the additional money to pay for it. That’s why it was so important for me to choose Safeway. Zachary and I went over item by item on the phone and made an inventory so I was able to get accurate pricing. Come pick-up day, lo and behold, the price was exactly what they said it would be. And as far as the move itself, they couldn’t have done a better job handling the furniture. I never write reviews lol. So yeah, check them out if you’re looking for a company to hire for a long-distance move!

Emmie Noel Pompano Beach, FL

I reserved my move with Safeway for my move from California to Florida recently and they were super accommodating to all of our family's needs. They are professional, movers wore masked and they took exceptional care of my items. Also my Relocation expert Will R was so knowledgeable and patient, i never moved that distance so i had NO idea what to do but he took his time to provide an accurate quote and answered every question i had no matter how many times i emailed him. Overall i had a great experience with Safeway and would definitely recommend to others and use again for my moves in the future!! Thanks Safeway!!

Hannah Barbera Brooklyn, NY

Let me start with saying.. I have a lot of furniture (chairs, lamps, side tables, etc.) and small (fragile) objects. As an interior designer, I have a full apartment and studio/office. Not to toot my own horn but.. most is designer and its all very special to me. Choosing a mover can be super intimidating/frustrating. After calling several companies and getting low ball prices to lock me in, with lots of "pricing will be determined once the truck is actually packed", I didn't want to take the risk. Safeway was able to give me straightforward pricing, realistic transport time, and answer all my "worst case scenario" questions.

Thomas Martin Brooklyn, NY

Safeway was a real helping hand. Our move was planned a month in advanced with some other company. That other company ended up canceling on us last minute. My wife and I were so stressed and upset, not only did they cancel, they did not return the $700 deposit without a fight. Regardless, Safeway was initially our second choice before we elected for a scammer. We reached out to Safeway and Gerard was so gracious and helpful over the phone. He eased our minds right away. I wish we stuck with Gerard and Safeway initially but alas we went for a cheaper price. That said, Safeway came the next day and moved us out of our Baltimore apartment and delivered our items to New York the very same day. I can not thank them enough. They were there when we needed them and they did not give us a single worry from the moment they arrived. I recommend this company to anyone. ~ Thomas Martins

Alex J New York, NY

I recently moved to New Jersey and used Safeway moving as my coordinator. They were a pleasant team to work with. They helped organize my move in a quick and easy fashion. I moved from Chicago and took on a new role in my company. Lucky for me, my company covered my cost to move. Safeway was the only company I found to work with easily to facilitate the funds to be transferred without any strange requests. I had booked with another mover and my company had strict requirements to work with movers. I had to cancel with the other mover and book for a same week move out. David and his team at Safeway were quick to act and I’m grateful for that. The move was obviously a success otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this. I encourage you the readers to make safeway your next mover. They will help you in tight situations like they helped me.

Daniel Newark, NJ

I had hired Safeway to help move my aunt and uncle to their retirement home in Florida. Safeway offered a quick delivery and a fair price. They had boasted a fantastic reputation and I was eager to see how they would handle such a strange move. my aunt and uncle have hundreds of collectibles and I wanted to make sure their valuables were handled with great care. hundreds of unique pieces of china and trinkets that they collected over the years. Safeway offered a very careful operation. Their agent was prompt and reliable from start to finish. I was very happy with the results which is why I am writing this review. Moving my aunt and uncle (both retired vet's) was stressful for my self and them two. Safeway organized a seamless operation. I am thankful A+ for price A+ for timelyness A+ thoroughness

MarieM Miami Beach, FL

Not many companies out there care about customer satisfaction, this one does! My customer service rep was available to me though the move, and provided clear steps along the way of how everything would unfold. I've recommended Safeway to several friends who have all been happy with their experiences.

James Glodzik Hollywood, FL

Safeway Moving mad an otherwise terrible situation in my family’s life far more bearable. After my mother died it really took a toll on the family and the kids. Having to move all her things from Seattle to Florida was also just a nightmare. With everything going on I can’t than Safeway enough for making everything so simple. They picked up my mother’s belongings and treated them as if they were their own. Now my kids have the photo books and memories from their grandma forever (and some pretty cool antiques too). Thanks Safeway. You were amazing.

Maria P.

What did it for me was the free month of storage as my apartment leases didn't perfectly line up. Safeway also didn't charge me for the second delivery after leaving storage to my final drop-off location. Was such a lifesaver! I also really appreciated them labeling each item with a sticker that had a unique bar code to ensure nothing went missing.

Harriet Schafer Miami, FL

Safeway Moving Systems moved me from Kansas to Florida recently - and yes I’m a REAL customer - and I couldn’t be happier with how the move went. I’m constantly moving about every 3 years or so, so I have a lot of experience with long distance professional moving companies. I’ve had good experiences & I’ve had total nightmares. So I know what to look for and what questions to ask when finding a moving company. They were not the cheapest quote but they were definitely the most honest. My final price ended up being a bit higher than the original estimate but I added a lot of boxes the week of the move. It’s common sense- you add more, you pay for that space. However, I was able to finalize my inventory with their quality assurance department before the move so that I wasn’t stuck finding out the final price on the day of the move- other companies have backed me into a corner with this tactic leaving me no other option and forced to pay. Safeway made sure we had all our bases covered before the day of pickup. I was really nervous with my grandmother’s antiques in particular, but the crew showed up on time, they were extremely kind and professional, and really took the extra time and care with these items. I had no damages or missing items in Florida! They didn’t give me false hope with delivery timelines - which has also happened to me in the past - so I was able to prepare accordingly for my arrangements during delivery time. Again, I move every few years due to work, and I can finally say I’ve found the one and only moving company I’ll be using from here forward! Thanks Safeway and team!

Bob Ursus Ridgewood, NY

I had no idea what to expect when I first began to Shop around. I moved from California a few weeks ago and the whole process was more stressful for my family than expected. I had hired Safeway after speaking with several companies. Safeway was pricier but their reputation made me comfortable. When speaking with them, I felt at ease. I had spent a week shopping around and the more I did the less I wanted to actually move. I selected Safeway because it just felt right. Every time I emailed or called they had the right answers. This was my first big move (for a job) and it was the right decision for my family. We sold off a lot of items between the time we booked the move and the actual move date. Safeway reassessed my move cost a few days before the move which brought my price down. The whole move took 4 hours to load. The price was $200 off but I was ok with it. I did forget a few items that needed to be boxed up. I wouldn’t be writing this review if I felt they were not doing the best job they could. During a global pandemic you want to make sure your family is safe during the whole move. I felt my family and our items were in safe hands with this company. Charlie and his team did a great job. I’m thankful for selecting this company.

Eryk Kowalski Maspeth, NY

I hired Safeway to help move my family from Chicago to New York. I had limited expectations but I needed help. My cousin used Safeway and their local agent in the past and had very little issues working with them. I had to move a two bedroom. My company luckily was covering the cost. I had a pleasant experience with the representative over the phone. I sent them videos of what I needed to move and I received a price within an hour. The movers arrived on time and packed everything. They boxed up my art work. They helped arrange a date that suited my building in New York. The whole move took about a week. I am glad to write this review. My family is happy with the results. What more can I ask for? Moving is rough. Safeway Moving was a pleasure to work with.

Shaun Champaneria West Palm Beach, FL

I had a last minute move from Florida to Georgia originally booked with another company, at the last minute they cancelled due to likely getting a longer more lucrative move. Obviously, I was furious with this moving company and needed to make other arrangements quickly. The move needed to be done 3 days from when the original mover cancelled on me. I called Safeway and quickly found a great solution. It being so last minute, everything went smoother than I expected. From the professionalism of the movers to the attentive customer service rep and dispatch. Overall, very pleased with my experience and would recommend Safeway to anyone.

Christian Porter Pompano Beach, FL

I booked my move from Costa Mesa, California to Raleigh, North Carolina with Safeway back in October. Due to the cost of living just becoming outrageous in California and my wife and I living on our retirement. We decided that we need to move our home and 30 years of memories. We were hesitant to use any moving company to move all of our antiques and family heirlooms. However since my wife and I not being able to move everything ourselves, we decided to contact Safeway. Best decision we made. The process was explained thoroughly from the very start. Everyone was very pleasant as eager to assist us. When the movers arrived, they handled our precious valued items with the care we were hoping for and very professional. We were very flexible with the delivery time being that we knew the high demand of people leaving the state like us. We were very impressed with the time it made it to us on the east coast. At delivery, all of our items were reassembled and all the services we paid for were rendered in a satisfactory manner. Although we plan on continuing to enjoy our retirement in our new home, we don't plan on moving anytime soon but would highly recommend Safeway moving.

Jason Woo Brooklyn, NY

Used Safeway Moving System from NJ to Cali. Got a quick quote and the whole process was very seamless. We sold our house and wanted to keep most of our furniture so it was a fairly big move, some pieces were fairly vintage and fragile but everything arrived from door to door fairly quickly and unscathed. Final price paid was exactly what I was quoted. The entire process was extremely easy. Reading on reddit some of the other companies people used had me worried but Safeway definitely exceeded my expectations. I'll recommend them to friends and family as people are moving around the country more to accommodate new working environments.

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

This company offer several good benefits. They offer a packing service as well as 30 days of free storage. They were very prompt in assisting me and helping me find the product that I needed. All of them went above and beyond with their customer service ability. I was very impressed. I would say the only negative thing would be the checkout process. The equipment that they have is very dated and takes a very long time to load things up. It was very long and drawn out having to wait at the register for more than 10 minutes before we could complete the transaction. I think that would help so much if they were able to change that.

anthony marina Margate, FL

Safeway we’re true professionals and first class service . My customer service rep was available for updates along the way & helped me coordinate for a friend to accept the delivery with no hassle. I’m thankful they made it work for you me when i wasn’t able to be there upon delivery.

Kasey Silver Windermere, FL

Great service, relieved my family of a lot of stress during my move from Boca to Denver. I worked with David who was communicative through the entire process. Everything arrived without damage and in a timely manner. Thanks Safeway.

Skippy1958 Miami, FL

It started with my caring coordinator Chris who set the move the correct way. When the movers got there their Foreman Billy did everything that was in writing and delivery went smooth also everything was accounted for and in the same shape. Top notch company!

MC Miami, FL

I used Safeway moving for my move from New York to Miami. I had never hired a moving company for a long distance move before, but had heard horrible stories of companies changing the price on move day, or losing items all together so was hesitant going into it. I worked with Joe who was always available to me for inventory and date changes and made me feel comfortable with his industry expertise. Pack up was easy and handled in two hours. Load in was the same. I've already recommended several friends who have used them and had similar experiences!

Miranda Gonzalez ,

I have had to move around every 2 years (for work) for some time now and I always dread it. However, I am so glad I found this company! Moving is stressful and never fun, but I felt very comfortable the entire process with Safeway. They were very friendly yet efficient. I was really appreciative that they got my move done quicker than expected and that my quote was on point. I think they are reasonably priced and although I do not really have anything too valuable, all of my items were handled with care. I will never like moving, but at least I now have a company that I trust.

Jojo T Woodside, NY

I had the pleasure of working with Safeway Moving System. I worked with Mitch and by far the most stellar representative and professional to work with. I had a successful move from Brooklyn to Fort Lauderdale during the pandemic and everything was flawless. I highly recommend this company and continue to refer my fellow New Yorkers who all plan to leave to other cities.

Kirill Yag Brooklyn, NY

Hired Safeway Moving to go from Brooklyn NY -> Boston MA, best decision I’ve made. A good friend recommended the company and I didn’t think twice. The move was very smooth and best part, very affordable!! $$ Got a quick estimate in the beginning, and was happy with the price...in the end paid exactly that which is amazing because usually many companies tack on hidden charges and fees which can be very frustrating. The crew was very professional and my things were taken care of very well. Overall, a great experience and i would definitely recommend!!

Jermaine W Lakeland, FL

I have nothing but gratitude for the great service that was provided for myself and my mother. My mother was very particular in how things should be handled and Safeway exceeded my expectations. This is truly a one stop shop for all your moving needs . Of course I would highly recommend Safeway for ALL of your moving needs.

Louis New York, NY

The crew was very careful boxing up my stuff and did a great job keeping everything safe during the move. They took furniture apart with care and were able to put everything back together. Great customer service as well. I moved from NY to Texas and had a great experience with this company. Highly recommend

Nicole Hidalgo ,

I had an amazing experience with them from start to finish they took safety precautions they was very detailed with pricing and took care of all my belongings as if it was their own. I would definitely recommend to all friends and family and thank you for making my moving experience such a pleasure.

Vic potter Pompano Beach, FL

I had a great experience with this moving company. the crew was on time. I paid for a full pack job for my two-bedroom one-bath home in New York. I was shocked there were no damages everything was packed and handled professionally. The truck pulled up on time as scheduled in Florida. good communication through the entire move which made for a nice transition. Im in my 70's and needed a company that could take care of everything and that's why I would recommend this company highly.

Autumn Leigh Fort Lauderdale, FL

I had a great experience with this moving company. Prices were mare then reasonable. Everyone was very helpful and efficient when I called into the office, someone was always answering my questions and were very informative throughout our move! Crew was clean and truck was packed professionally. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that is moving across country.

Andres New York, NY

Great group of guys and girls all working with our information put a moving package together for us that worked exactly off our timeline and went well above our expectations. They kept us informed and were very flexible with pricing and packing options. They were also available to talk after hours since I do work late. Great work by a great company! Highly recommended!!

Jacques Boonton, NJ

We couldn't be happier with our movers! Mason and his team were fantastic. They were early and they were amazing. They were friendly and helpful. They handled our stuff with care and they worked fast. Moving day was so pleasant and relaxing! If you are in the tri-state area, hire Safeway Moving System company and ask for James and Michael, they will take care of you.

Ethan Alexander Lynnwood, WA

They were so fast, courteous and professional! These guys were super nice and helped us pack up some things we didn't have time to do, and not a single thing was broken when we moved everything to our new place. They didn't charge us for the plastic wrap for furniture, use of moving blankets, or even that the house they were unloading was 3 stories tall. Thanks, guys! Will hire you guys again!

Arielle D Kalamazoo, MI

They were very nice and professional, and there were no surprises with additional charges during or after the move.

James Centreville, VA

I got an excellent service from Safeway moving. Salesperson was nice quoted us fair price. They packed our items carefully and arrived to our destination safely. Everything was excellent thank you.

Clint Union City, CA

These guys finished a ten-hour job before us, and worked really hard and really efficiently until almost 11 o'clock at night. They all had positive attitudes and they are great workers! I would recommend them to help your move any day!

Lonzo Los Angeles, CA

They were very professional and extremely quick while being careful not to damage our stuff. They had to take apart and re-assemble a platform bed which they did very well. Nothing was scratched or damaged. They had us out of our old place and into our new one before noon! From now on-wards, I will only use Safeway Moving Company for my moves.

Ryan Clearwater, FL

They arrived on time, everything was packed with care, they took the time they estimated, it arrived to my destination on time, and I paid exactly the quote I was given. I would definitely recommend Safeway Moving System if you wanna devoid yourself of the moving headache.

Felton Philadelphia, PA

For the day of move, I worked with John and his team. From the get go, I was highly impressed by how fast yet careful and efficient they were in moving our things. It was a memorable moving experience for me. Highly recommended.

Everardo Portage, MI

William and his team are super professional and offer stellar service! They responded with a reasonable quote very quickly and were flexible with my schedule for pick-up and delivery. I will definitely suggest everyone to work with Safeway Moving System company!

Janet Plainfield, NJ

This company is the most legit company I have ever worked with. So fast and very professional. All of my belongings were packed perfectly. Nothing was broken scratched etc. THEY ARE THE BEST! I can’t recommend this moving company and movers enough!

Morgan Webster Hawley, PA

When I got to my new apartment best company moved in everything and set it up exactly the way I wanted it set up without any hesitation. The two guys that came were super friendly and extremely professional. Recommended to all.

Wiley Torphy Kalispell, MT

Really professional, fast, kind, and they didn't try to rush me - sometimes when you are moving you just need an extra moment to think! This is the second time we've used Safeway Moving System and will be strongly recommending them to everyone we know.

Philip Houston Webster, FL

Always the best and most efficient. Our loft has a spiral staircase and these guys did a fantastic job to move everything! This is the 6th time I moved in the CT, and the Safeway Moving System are by far, I really mean, by far the best! 5 stars without a doubt!

Liya Estronza Lakeland, FL

I was amazed by the white glove treatment I received. From start to end the transition was seamless. I couldn’t be happier.

Tim Dornford Miami, FL

Great company! Affordable, reliable and got everything to me in 1 piece!

John rivers Land O' Lakes, FL

Great moving company! Guys were incredible! Professional, polite and tended to all of our needs. Highly recommend!

Ewald Cupertino, CA

They are intelligent, courteous, respectful and professional. I highly recommend their services and will definitely look to them for future moves.

Natalia o Queens, NY

I worked with Robin P. She was amazing super helpful and attentive.