Better.com Logo

Better.com

7.3

Cheryl

Process is pretty user friendly and I think they were pretty successful. There were a couple of snags but it ended up working fine. The customer support was actually pretty good. It was very helpful when we could talk to someone. There were a couple of times when we called with a specific question and we would have to wait for the loan officer to call us back. It would be useful to have their extension number instead of just their email.

I chose Better because you made the whole process much simpler than any of the other providers and very quick. The only feedback is when I was going to the approval process at some point you guys asked for an IRS transcript and I got an email from some third party about that and it would be nice get a notification within the task list to look out for that third party--it kind of slowed me down slightly so the loan would have been a little bit quicker had I known.

Benjamin

Our friends went through the process and said it was easy so we decided to give it a shot and see how the program works. Everything went quickly and easily with no challenges or difficulties especially compared to working with traditional mortgage companies like Wells Fargo. In comparison it was far easier and far faster than anything I've done in the past. Better.com took like seven days, whereas traditionally mortgage companies have taken probably three to four weeks.

Ju-Fang

The reason I chose Better.com was that you can operate it and submit all the forms online and I assume it's in good hands without any privacy issues. I think overall experience has been pretty good. I think you should ask your loan officers to verify most important item you need first before asking for all other not so important documents because I had to scramble through a lot of things that make a lot of phone calls four days five days before the closing to make all the documents prepared and ready. It was a little scary because I thought maybe I took to long but it worked out.

Justin

It was easier to deal with them than quicken loans. That took like three months instead of one month to close with better.com and everyone was pretty helpful as far as getting the documents and keeping the process moving forward so I was happy with that. I really like the website how you can see all the different terms and rates depending on how much you wanted to pay, it's right there in front of you.

Jeffrey

I've refinanced a couple times before and the process with Better.com was so much more streamlined than any other experience I've had before. They had the best rates. There was some miscommunication, the automated emails sort of contradicted what I actually needed to do when speaking with the loan officer, but other than that they're great. I would absolutely recommend them.

Joseph

I researched my options pretty intensively and Better.com provided the best rates and I came to be very intrigued and pleased with the their technology. I could upload all the information easily, I could see my progress on the web, and the technology was very competent and I had prompt technical support from the from the experts I was able to reach through messaging within the app is well as emails.

Robert

It was very easy and customer service was insanely good. They were just he best customer service company I've dealt with all year. They respond lightning quick they answer your questions before you ask them and no matter what the request for what they had used to document the information or whatever you needed they had it for you. The customer service is the single best part of this company I mean every single individual I worked with was really working for you.

Danielle Smith

I was able to refinance from preapproval to signing closing docs in TEN days!! It did help that I had all my documentation to them quickly but they processed everything in record time. The interest rate I chose gave me a lender credit whereas the same rate through Chase was going to cost $1400. Closing costs were half of what they would have been through Chase. We’re very happy with Better and would definitely use them again.

Amber Colorado Springs, CO

The individuals I worked with to secure the loan were phenomenal and went above and beyond to the loan done. The amount of tasks and paperwork involved, however, was sometimes redundant and confusing.

Pam Morden Albuquerque, NM

Very clear information & process, easy to navigate website, useful tools like "trying on" different mortgage scenario, personal help available when needed

Charles Middle River, MD

With better.com I was able to refinance my house with a satisfying Interest rate, shortened the term to half, everything on-line, easy and helpful team!

Alex Dease Ashburn, VA

Super quick, great service, best rates. Anytime I had an issue or question, it was very easy to get a detailed explanation from their team in a short amount of time.

Robert Kudler Merrick, NY

They have higher rates than competitors. Loan officers are often very young. I closed one loan with them but then they couldn't refi another house I own because they said they can't include the rental income from the property which makes no sense. This was weeks after I initially applied and I had a high interest loan so I wasted thousands waiting on them to eventually tell me they can't help me.

Michael

They're always responsive and they were excellent in what they did. Better.com was very easy. They just did a fantastic job and I might be back shortly for another one.

William

They have the best interest rate. It was easy to get and they responded quickly to all my inquiries. I had no issues trusting them. I am glad I did it.

Customer service was outstanding. They were easy to contact and they were quick to responds. Milestones were clearly communicated. I would recommend them to others.

Ramesh

I am happy with the service. It is very simple. Everything is done on the web. There are low fees. The agents are very responsive. They're quick to give updates. There is not much waiting time.

Judy

I am glad I did it because of the interest rates. It went real smooth though there are a lot of hoops to jump through. The agent I worked with was prompt answering.

The staff was really responsive and answered all my questions. The website was well put together. Everything was smooth. I have no complaints. They have good deals.

Ralph

Better.com offers a better rate. There was an issue with the owner paying for some of the fees. There was a change in management but the communication was good. They were always there. It took a while to straighten out.

Sebastian

It is great. Everything went smoothly. They worked with me when I had questions. They also got back to me quickly. There is always something better out there.

The process is well documented. I received immediate feedback. Customer support was always quick to respond and give informed responses when I asked about things.

Joseph Chiang Redmond, WA

The overall process is smooth, and the support team is really responsive. Although having a small confusion in inspection, the team resolved it quickly and I ended up having what I was looking for in a refinance.

Lindsey Mark Indianapolis, IN

Better.com makes the entire refinance process quick, easy & transparent. The team gives you the right information and status updates to keep things moving and follows through when they make commitments.

Valentin Houston, TX

A very transperant process, and everyone that I dealt with throughout the process did a great job of explaining what everything was and or the rationale behind the step in the process.

Robert

It went so smoothly. I'm just not too sure if it'll be the absolute best price in terms of interest rates. They answer every phone call and every question in detail and then some questions before I ask.

Rishi

It was very easy with the online process. The application was very transparent. I didn't use customer support a lot, I had a couple of questions and they were all answered quickly.

Angele

The process was very smooth, I wasn't overwhelmed. I liked how they assign tasks and then I can move on to the next step. It was pretty thorough. The quicker you do the task the quicker the process is.

Charles

It wasn't a perfect experience but in the end they did a pretty good job. They responded promptly when we had questions. They were able to clarify what we were asking for. The only thing I wish they would have done differently is initiate contact with our former lenders and try to expedite emails.

Janine

They gave us the best rate. All my questions were answered but whoever I was working with wasn't aware of a specific law. I was told I could do it at home but I had to go to the title company. I would still recommend them because they do have knowledgeable people.

Greg

There was little bit of a hiccup when the loan was transitioned from the loan service to mister cooper but other than that it was fairly smooth. It is pretty straightforward. The people are very responsive.

Kostas

Better.com is very streamlined and easy to use. There was a confusion on the type of loan so it got a bit messed up but the process is phenomenal, my personal experience just wasn't what I wanted.

Kayla

No issues at all. Everyone was very responsive to any questions we had. Everything is streamlines. It is really easy to navigate. I am happy. We wanted something with an electronic experience and it was convenient.

I am very happy with my experience. It was really easy and fast. There were no major issues. There was always a live person to take my calls and the loan processer would generally return my phone calls in a few hours.

Kevin

As far as getting a mortgage, it was a great experience. If I had a question, it was answered quickly. Communication was great. I couldn't imagine it going better. I am very happy.

Wade

It was pretty painless. The app is well designed. I liked the user experience. I hardly ever had to wait on them. I got my stuff done, they got there stuff done. We were able to close very quickly.

Michael

Better.com beat the interest rate and closing cost of any my local lenders and institutional lenders. They were able to accurately give me an interest rate. It did not change from the moment it was quoted. Customer service is open late at night.

Angela

Everyone was really easy to work with. They helped me through the process. It was easy to reach someone when I needed to. It is easy to maneuver the process. It was streamlined.

Alistair

Better.com has the cheapest rates and I liked that everything was done online. Sometimes I would get requests for things and after a few days it would be cleared up. There seem to be a lot of errors going on behind the scenes.

All my questions were answered in a timely manner. They were very accommodating. They have excellent customer service. They went above and beyond. They really explained it to me and worked with me. They were amazing.

I'm really happy with the experience I had. They had a good rate. I really like the web portal for submitting documents and checking status. I get in touch with someone knowledgeable but sometimes it took 24 hours to get an answer.

Fernando

Everything was very easy to manage. I could do most of it online. They responded to all my questions. I was able to get a loan form overseas the first time but the second time, at the end of the process they told me they could not process it. They should train everybody on this topic.

Erica

Most of the people are really friendly and get back to you. I do feel sometimes they don't get back to you as soon as you hoped. I would recommend they get faster at that. Everything was flat out simple. There wasn't much delay on the loan. I already knew what documents they needed and it was easy to upload everything. It is my top pick.

Sandra

The customer service people were very responsive to any questions I had and any questions I hads were resolved quickly. It was a very easy process, quickly done, so I was satisfied. I am a fan setting up automatic payments and recurring payment and there isn't an option for it.

Christopher

All the tasks were explained to me correctly and timely and I was able to get the loan. Better.com was just very very straightforward and everything was outlined very, very efficiently.

Customer service was very thorough in explanations and quick to respond even though everything was by text and phone. Everybody was very friendly quick to respond and probably the easiest one I've ever done.

Michael

They were very helpful throughout the whole process. INo issues throughout the whole process. I called multiple times with questions and they're always very helpful and answered them.

David

There were a number of different employees that had reached out to me through the steps of the process to make sure that there weren't any questions and everything was excellent.

Fred Mitro Houston, TX

The service of the Better Mortgage team was outstanding. Everything was professional and went smoothly with the exception of the closing agent that came to our home for the remote closing. He was was not fully prepared and familiar with some of the agreements which resulted in a delay. He then became impatient and frustrated when we asked any questions.