Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Lehi, Utah, Zija International is a nutritional food supplements company in the multi-level marketing industry. The company's product line consists of weight management, skin care, liquid nutritional, energy, and performance supplements. Zija International generates $136.8 million in global revenue each year.

Potential distributors should research the other top MLMs in the industry before making a final decision.

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9
#3 doTERRA chevron_right

The Good

• Mobile Apps
  • Nutritional Ingredients
  • Commission and Bonuses
  • Zija University
  • Networking Events

Mobile Apps

Zija International uses a CRM (customer relationship management) mobile app developed by a third party company. This app tracks information sent and viewed to assist distributors in their businesses.

The company also provides an app that provides distributors with training materials, back office access, and a way to order products and enroll customers.

The app trains new business owners on the nutritional aspects of the product line and what sets Zija apart from similar competitors in the health and wellness industry. The app also features financial freedom lifestyle videos, healthy recipes, and personal development skills to help distributors and customers achieve an active and financially stable lifestyle.

Nutritional Ingredients

Zija International uses more than 92 verifiable nutritional ingredients in its weight management system. The company harvests its main ingredient from the Moringa Oleifera tree on proprietary farms in India, where the trees are organically grown and harvested by hand.

Zija claims that there are no artificial ingredients or stimulants in its products.

Commission and Bonuses

Zija International provides eight ways for its independent distributors to earn income through its binary compensation plan.

For example, distributors are able to earn up to 50 percent commissions on personal sales and up to 15 percent commissions on team member sales.

Zija also offers first order bonuses, leadership check matches, builder bonuses, a Benz program, exotic trips, and global company pools. In addition, the company provides volume order rebates to distributors that meet certain qualifications and up to 18 percent discounts to preferred customers who are enrolled in Zija's auto-ship program.

There are also profit participation pools.

Zija University

Zija International furnishes an online training resource for new distributors called Zija University. This program helps individuals learn how to start and run a successful business and includes training documents, marketing materials, and videos.

Networking Events

Zija International provides regional and international events for members to network with one another and learn valuable skills. In addition, once each period, the company hosts a Zija Nation call where it details the latest company news and product information. All members of the public are invited to attend this conference call.

The Bad

• Startup Cost
  • Sales Minimum for Team Commission
  • Side Effects

Startup Costs

Zija International's starter kits start at $40, which includes a $20 enrollment fee for wholesale access. This is an affordable way for a hesitant distributor to start out.

However, the better-value bundled kits are much pricier at $199, $330, $660, and $1320.

The company's monthly auto-ship program requirement has the potential to cause financial strain on some individuals as well. On the plus side, distributors can get free shipping if they are signed up for Zija's premium rewards program.

Sales Minimum for Team Commissions

Distributors get sales commissions from every sale or enrollment they make and there is no sales minimum for that.

However, to be eligible for the group volume paying team commissions, distributors must maintain 2 enrollments who are Active75 (placing a $99/mo order).

Side Effects

Some consumers have reported experiencing mild negative side effects as a result of using Zija International's products. Reported side effects include a headache, stomach pain, nausea, and unpleasant aftertaste. Because of this, the company recommends customers consult their doctors prior to consuming Zija products.

The Bottom Line

Perhaps the strongest point to note when considering Zija is the company's 100% money back guarantee for the first month and 90% back for every month thereafter. Independent distributors are eligible to receive up to 50 percent commissions on retail sales in addition to numerous other financial incentives and bonuses. However, startup bundles are costly and there are minimums for team commissions payouts. Overall, Zija is worth looking into for prospective supplement distributors.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Steph Timmerman
October 17th, 2019 Kennewick, WA DETAILS

Dishonest Company with Very Poor Customer Service Zija sent me an poorly packaged and even unlabeled products. I received an opened box through USPS with unlabeled juice. I ordered the most expensive reserved juice through UPS only, making that very clear because I’ve had severe problems with UPSP delivering opened packages previously then to deny I refused shipment. I would NOT have ordered it if they had not agreed to send it UPS only. I'm currently in the process of negotiating and will update this review when it is done. Keep in mind the main people doing reviews are likely distributors, so have a considerable interest in selling you on this company with more stars.

Denise
October 4th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

I have been using zija xmplus and the premium tea for 10 years now, and I love the products I use. I started out as a distributor for the lower cost, but I did not like the auto set up, so after 2 years I stopped that and now I order from amazon or anywhere else I can.But Iwas introduced to zija at my gym by someone. This product helped me and still does, I was having digestion and bowl problems with no reason or answers. The premium tea is my best friend! With this also came very low vitamin and mineral absorption so needless to say I felt terrible every day. I was on at least 8 supplements( dr. Recommended)I mainly use the xmplus cause I love the energy and taste and still getting the nutrients I need daily. I have not taken any other vitamin supplements for about 9 years. My health is not perfect, but it so much better than it was before zija.

Cindy
September 4th, 2019 Bruce, MS DETAILS

This company is terrible do not I repeat do not do business with them if u return products for a refund they can’t find them and don’t give u refund lost over 300.00 to this company!!

Vikas & Sonia Arora
February 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Great products, customer service & comp plan. Have been with Zija for over 2 years and have been impressed by the level of support provided to their distributors but also how they listen to suggestions made as a growing company. The products also have had a profound impact on my wife and I and the company are constantly introducing new products to improve their ranges.

Kristyn Yates
January 31st, 2019 Fairborn, OH DETAILS

This company has horrible customer service. I used to be a distributor on a fast growing leg (all the up line above me has left as well) but left after constantly being given misinformation. Numerous times ppl weren't awarded a promotion deal even though they followed the guidelines mentioned by their up line or had reward points taken away because they expired when that's not what customer service had originally said when I called inquiring about them. Seriously if any of us had known they expire.. Why wouldn't we have just used them? Always unclear back then as they were building the company. Now I was with the company a couple years ago so their policy could be more clear now but I along with many others were tired of being taken advantage of with the constant changes to policy, shipping costs, sales tax (they currently charge 9.4%), etc. Not one person I know has had anything good to say about the company or how it treats it's distributors. They only care about the bottom line & the top ppl getting paid. Very disappointing.

Rephael J Rechitzky
September 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I love this company. The products are first class. I tried many and love the skin care products, the Ameo Essential Oils , the SuperMix and the Prime which helps my heart. The sum it all, it is a super company and going to last many years. Management is excellent and so the ownership, which is solid, not debts and very organized. Sometimes you have to wait on line, but so what. They are still very helpful.

Margaret Peterson
March 12th, 2018 Safford, AZ DETAILS

Zija offers full support to customers and distributors alike. Someone can start with the purchase of any product(no kit needed) . Customers can also shop wholesale . All products are of superior quality and science backed details are available. Also third party verification on research. Zija information is easily accessible. Distributors are paid weekly Zija is always listening to consumers and distributors , to see if they can provide better service or needs to improve health and well-being. High retention rate!!

Veronica Jenkins
February 27th, 2018 DETAILS

I am relatively new to the company. I personally had a bit of a health issue early in 2017 which was quite debilitating with some days being so bad I just couldn't get up off the couch. This illness led me on a search for a natural product that could possibly aid me in getting my health back. After trying numerous supplements over many months I came upon Zija Supermix which I started in December 2017. After 2 months on the product I was feeling so much better and now after 3 months back to exercising. I am now a distributor and looking forward to sharing the benefits of this product with others.

Mary
February 23rd, 2018 Bonney Lake, WA DETAILS

Products changed my life when no others made a difference! Honesty, Integrity and Pharma. grade processing. Products work!

jeanne Lewis
July 5th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN

The protein shakes and are really the best I have had to curb my appetite and the chocolate is really good. I blend with ice. The super mix is also wonderful. I am excited to get all the nutrients my body needs. They also have a fantastic marketing plan and payouts for investors.

Veronica Espinosa
June 23rd, 2017

Great company, love the products, specially the people

Ricky Brandon
June 2nd, 2017 Spanish Fork, UT

I have cancelled my monthly shipments and then the next month they charge my card and ship again. This will make the 4th time I have had to cancel. Also, when i call I am always on hold at minimum 30 minutes. I have grown to hate this company and their customer service.

Jessica Zencey
March 7th, 2017

The products can't be beat! I have never felt better and the company is so supportive to get you started on your own terms when you are ready to build!

Deborah Johnson Taylor
February 13th, 2017

Great company. I've been a distributor since July 2016. Great leadership, products and opportunity as a customer or distributor. #zijanation

Rebekah
February 8th, 2017 Great Falls, MT

I've been with Zija since 2012. Yes, their SmartMix, SuperMix, and Essential oils are great. However, I am frustrated with the changes they have made in their compensation plan which has made it even harder to earn commissions (they eliminated Preferred Customer option). While moringa is nutritionally amazing, there is no way of knowing how much moringa is in their products since it is a "proprietary blend." Also - it cost extra to have access to the Zija app, cost extra to access the University... It feels like Zija's "heart" has turned a bit greedy compared to when I originally joined. I do love their products, but am increasingly dissatisfied with the company.

Eric
January 4th, 2017

Effective. Good energy. Clarity. I do not sleep well and seldom get into EEM or deep sleep since taking the Zija products my ability to focus and maintain good energy throughout the day is easily manageable.

Virginia Kapesi
January 4th, 2017

Everything about Zija is truly a blessing. The amazing world class products has helped both me and my husband with weight loss. We've lost 100+ and still going. Our energy level has gone up and our appetite level has gone down. It's been an amazing journey with Zija. We feel good and are very grateful and humbled to be apart of Zija. Zija has changed our lives and we will forever be apart of Zija. Thank you to Mr. Brailsford, Ryan Palmer, Dr. Plant, Jarom Dastrup and the whole Zija Nation.

Rachael Clark
October 20th, 2016 Marion, IL

I was introduced to Zija over a year and a half ago. At the time I suffered from painful inflammation in my feet and ankles, neck pain, and constant head tension. I was living off of Ibuprofen and had at least 15 pounds that I needed to lose and had tried everything to get it off, nothing worked. I started noticing a difference after the first couple of months. I now feel better than I have in years and am down 20 pounds. My husband also uses the products and is down over 20 pounds and no longer suffers from pain in both of his knees. My dad is a diabetic and drinks the XM+ each day and is doing better and has more energy. These products changed my life and I will not go a day without them. The company has also been amazing and if I ever have a problem with an order, their customer service department is very helpful and quick to fix it.

John Turner
September 16th, 2016 Dearborn Heights, MI

I have used the products for over a month now. They have made a huge difference in my health. I have never felt better in my life! I am off blood-pressure meds I am off GERD medicine I am off pain medicine for arthtitis. I haven't performed at this level of physical perfomance since my 20s. I can't attribute these things to anything other than having started on Zijas' core nutritional products a month ago. I'm doing nothing else different! I will use Zija products forever!

V. Vizzini
September 10th, 2016 Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been a part of the Zija family for over 3 years. I truly believe this is the best company out there. Why? Their products, the people behind them, the customer service, the pharmaceutical grade manufacturing facility and the wonderful people I have met along the way. Every once in a while I'll look at other products to see what's out there - I just shake my head and say I will stick with my SuperMix or SmartMix and XMProtein powder. I can't find anything 'cleaner' out there. The Améo oils are AWESOME, too!

Tsao
July 11th, 2016

Great company and great products especially the SmartMix and SuperMix (the best quality of moringa).

Candice
February 24th, 2016

Amazing company. This company has a lot of integrity! Love our line of Ameo Essential Oils, Moringa Core Nutritionals, and our clean active lifestyle line Ripstix.

Odell Cohens Jr
November 12th, 2015 Monroe, NC

We are not just a nutritional supplement company...we also have our Ameo Essential Oils Div our Ripstix Gym Specifics supplements and not to mention our Gen M skin care line. Our Zija Core nutritional, weight loss & energy products are amazing to say the least. We aren't just the next thing....We are the best thing with proven results!

Isabelle