Usborne Books is a direct sales, MLM model company founded in 1989. The company sells children's literature, including sticker books and activity books as well as a wide variety of educational books. Its parent company, Usborne Publishing, was created by Peter Usborne in 1973. EDC acquired Kane Miller Publishing in 2008, adding another large children's books publisher known for both fiction and non-fiction genres.

The company has been recognized multiple times as one of the 200 Best Small Companies in America by Forbes Magazine. The company was also recognized as one of America’s 100 Fastest Growing Small Companies by Fortune Magazine.

Uborne Publishing’s mission is to “deliver educational excellence one book at a time” and “provide economic opportunity while fostering strong family values.” The corporate United States headquarters for Usborne Book is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Be sure to compare Usborne Books to other top MLMs in the industry.

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 doTERRA chevron_right
#3 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• Usborne Consultant Commission
  • Training Material and Bonuses
  • Quality Product and Services
  • Consultant Startup Cost Options

Usborne Consultant Commission

Usborne Books distributes its product line through thousands of independent distributors and consultants globally via direct sales, school and book fairs, fundraising events and book parties, its website, and home shows with family and friends.

An Usborne Books consultant receives 25 percent commissions based on total monthly sales volume, but compensation can vary based on what you sale and your rank within the business. In addition, there are no sales quota or inventory maintenance requirements. This sets Usborne's compensation plan apart from many other companies in the MLM industry.

Training and Bonuses

Consultants are given written and audio training materials to help them grow their new businesses. Other benefits include discounted and free books, access to health and life insurance programs, luxury vacations, electronics, and other prizes.

Quality Product and Services

Usborne Books features thousands of educational books for children on a wide variety of subjects that are published in over 100 different languages. Prices for the books vary greatly, anywhere from $2.00 to $30.00. The books are printed on acid-free paper and may be purchased individually or in discounted packs.

It's not only about selling Usborne Books. The company offers a reading incentive program, book fair program, and matching grant program designed to partner with educational institutions.

Usborne also provides a fundraising program for organizations called Cards for a Cause. These fundraisers offer three different boxed sets featuring 30 embellished greeting cards with matching envelopes. Groups are able to earn up to $13 for every boxed set sold with no restrictions on earning potential. Other services offered by Usborne Books include library bindings and MARC records. The company also allows consultants to borrow inventory on consignment if they choose to do fairs and events.

Consultant Startup Cost Options

The company offers two options for those people wishing to become an Usborne Books consultant: The first is through purchasing the New Consultant Mini Kit for $75 plus tax.

Consumers may also purchase the full New Consultant Kit for $125. Both packs include books, business supplies, and six-month free access to a personalized eCommerce website.

Consultants earn 25 percent commissions on product sales. The company offers weekly team teleconferencing calls, a comprehensive online resource center, and a video library.

Consultants also receive access to the company's password-protected training site that features audio recordings, printable flyers, and more.

The Bad

• Misleading Income Information
  • Inaccurate Inventory Statements
  • Lack of Extensive Training

Misleading Income Information

On the corporate website, the company states that the business can be quite lucrative. It follows this statement up with the fact that you can earn up to $125 for a two- to three-hour show. Hosting only one show per week is a far cry from lucrative. Distributors report not making a substantial income from product sales alone. The main profits come from recruiting others into the business opportunity as is the case with similar party plans offered by competitors.

Inaccurate Inventory Statements

Previous distributors report that in order to be successful, one must carry a large inventory despite company claims. People at large gatherings such as a book fair at a school and other public events tend to walk away with the books. The downside to this is that, as a distributor, you will need to carry this large inventory around with you wherever you go.

If the books don't sell, then the distributor is stuck with a large inventory of dog-eared products. Distributors who are stuck in saturated markets have typically sold the books at prices lower than the company would charge at retail price. This happens when individuals are stuck with large amounts of inventory.

This affects the sales of other distributors in the local area as well, especially for those first starting their new business ventures.

Lack of Extensive Training

The company states that it provides business training; however, this training only addresses basic business skills. It does not cover advanced sales and marketing techniques, which are crucial in achieving higher sales level ranks in a multi-level marketing company.

Individuals that do not have a strong background in the development of these skills will want to seek out additional training right away. Otherwise, they may want to consider joining a similar competitor that offers this type of business education.

The Bottom Line

Usborne Books is a direct sales company with over 1,500 titles geared for children and teenagers. Consultants are able to earn a high percentage of commissions based on total monthly sales volume.

The cost to join the business opportunity and the price of the products are easily affordable for most families. Previous and current distributors for Usborne Books report that, in order to be successful with the company, it is highly recommended that an individual purchases a large inventory of books to keep on hand.

The multi-level marketing company does not make any obligation for distributors to carry inventory. Consumers will want to investigate the business opportunity and the company thoroughly for themselves before making any financial investment decisions.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

2.1

Gerald Hays

March 30th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good quality books. My grandchildren have enjoyed the books I bought for them from Usborne Books. I like that I can read the books through the consultant before purchasing.

Myken

March 23rd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought some Usborne books for my son and they are so darling, educational and good quality. I wish they were a bit more affordable but they have lasted and have been worth the money spent.

Linda Hays

March 9th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their books are fun and educational. It is great that you can sign up to sell them too and make money if you want.

Brenda Thomas

February 25th, 2020 Ferron, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have purchased numerous books from Usborne Books. My grad kids have me read them over and over. They are durable and hold up very well.

Kim Kunz

February 21st, 2020 Fallbrook, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love Usbourne!! So many great books! Consultants seem happy and appreciated. I love that the books are high quality!

Lacey Horne

February 20th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love these books! So many options for all ages. Even my older kids have found a series they like! Love that they have several activities within the same book for younger kids to keep them busy

Michelle Schow

February 18th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Usborne has great book selections for young children. My son loves their board books about trucks and animals.

Erika Douglas

February 10th, 2020 Cedar Fort, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These books are high-quality, and interesting to kids. My niece with Down Syndrome particularly loves the tactile books

PessoaJ

February 5th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Usborne books. They are unique and very high quality books, and my kids love them.

Reckholdt

February 4th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love USBorne books and so do our kids. I always recommend these books to new mommas because these books are high quality and have been family favorites over the years.

Jami Rebsom

January 17th, 2020 Caldwell, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I never even got to the point of hosting a party! My consultant totally let me down. I would advise to not host a party with this company. My consultant was Lacey A. Completely dissatisfied!

Erin Bengtzen

December 12th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

love this product. I bought them for my kids and now i buy them for my grandkids, great quality and educational.

Megan

December 6th, 2019 Fort Walton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Usborne books has THE WORST customer service on the face of the planet (I wish I was exaggerating). For my first experience with this company I hosted a party and place a large order for about $300 worth of books. I ordered before the cutoff date for Christmas and did not receive my book until the middle of January. My consultant said I could use my hostess rewards on the Shine Your Light book set, so I did. Usborne cancelled that portion of my order, refunded that portion of my order, did not allow me to reorder a new item with my hostess credit or even apply it to my remaining order. My second experience with this company I received a book as a gift for my daughter. I called their customer service phone line requesting a replacement for an Usbourne book that we received as a gift. My daughter spilled water on her book effectively ruining it. The gift was sent to us via Amazon. I called your customer service line to request a replacement under your warranty. The customer service representative I spoke to was incredibly rude to me over the phone and would not help me order a replacement. I would not ever recommend ordering from this company. They have awful customer service, do not honor their warranties, and miss important deadlines.

Jon Posey

November 15th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big fan of Usborne books. I have been able to snag a few each year for my kids and they have a lot of fun, new concepts, plus the classics. I highly recommend these for kids.

Jaime

October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Usborne books... I have bought many books for my kids from Usborne. They are high quality books and super fun stories that my kids enjoy!

Linda

August 13th, 2019 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I discovered Usborne Books & More 3-4 years ago and my nieces and granddaughter as well as for gifts for friends' children. We have loved all of the books we have purchased....good quality books! Every order was received within a week. I can't speak to any other issues with Customer Service as I have not had any problems. I love the books so much that I decided to become a consultant and will be hosting my launch party tomorrow. My kit only cost me $30 to get started. There is lots of training available from my Team Lead, videos on line, FaceBook trainings, etc.

Amie MN

July 2nd, 2019 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a consumer who ordered books online as a friend hosted an online ordering party. Two of my books were out of stock so I received "Book-Bucks" to use at a later date. I send a check in with the yellow paper showing my Book-bucks and my new order. I get a response back saying my Book-bucks were already redeemed. I ask for details. They give me a name, address, credit card of the order on which they were redeemed. They were redeemed by the host of the online party. Their seller!!! I have tried to contact the company for over a year with no response back. If this is how they treat customers I can only imagine this is how the treat their sellers too. This is ridiculous and I will caution anyone who brings up Usbourne Books what a huge scam they are!

Rosann Stanko

June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Usborne books are well made, but they are expensive. I especially like the non fiction books. I wish it were easier to find them so I could order them throughout the year for presents.

SNizzleeeee

June 6th, 2019 Mountainside, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hate to say but Usborne books and more is a total scam. I started with the company a few months ago have made a total of $43!! Which honestly is just a shame and waste of time. I was introduced to the company from a parent at a my school (I’m a preschool teacher) she promised me all these things and she ultimately promised how successful I would at selling these books and hosting parties. Neither one has happened. I wasted a total of $75 on the SMALL kit and the parent that introduced me to Usborne has been hounding me to host these silly Facebook party no one wants to attend. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. THIS IS JUST AN UPSCALE PYRAMID SCHEME!!!!!! And the team leaders are super annoying, aggravating and will not stop harassing you to host parties, sell books and reach out to people you know want nothing to do with this ridiculous crap.

Denise Dudley

May 2nd, 2019 Duncan, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a consumer. I have now hosted two parties. I will NOT host another party. I work full time at a demanding job. The only reason I agreed to host was to help out a friend and now a family member. Each time I have been asked to send individual emails to each person I want to invite explaining the product, why I think they would be interested and asking them if they would like an invite. I don't have that kind of time. So when I send the automated invite to the ones that I have carefully chosen as possible interest, I am told that's not good enough and they'll need to start over and only include the people that I can send emails to. I thought the first sales rep was just being a snot and that is the only reason I agreed to do it again. Nope, seems they are coached that way. The first time I wound up inviting two people and was still annoyed by additional emails I was asked to send out to those two people. This time my list went from 35, I'm pretty sure that at least half of them would have showed to now I am inviting NO ONE. My party is canceled and I am good with that. I won't do it again. I am not going to be a part of guilting my friends and family into attending a sales event. Not to mention, the shipping costs and then the books still don't arrive on time. I priced similar books at my local book store and while the prices were comparable, it is much easier to go to the store, pick out the books and take them home that day. You even get to see what you're buying. No shipping, no waiting, no headache of the not so user friendly form, no having to host parties where you are pushed into being a total nuisance to the people you love.

N. Lockwood

March 29th, 2019 Old Saybrook, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!! I ordered books from this company. They did not use the complete address I gave them, and UPS could not deliver without the complete address. I contacted the rep, who did not hear from the company for almost five days (3 normal business days plus a weekend). They finally told her to tell me to email their returns department. I gave the returns department 24 hours to contact me. They did not. I called the 800 number. We are now at 4 weeks since the party. The customer service rep did not care that I didn't get the books, did not care that nobody responded to me, and didn't care to get the books shipped back out to me. She blamed UPS for the error (it's not, I have the address they gave UPS and I have the address I gave them--they don't match). She blamed the Usborne rep for poor service. She put me on hold and, even though I said I would prefer to have the books, she sent a refund in through their accounting department. I will be following up next week to make sure the refund gets on my card. I'm very disappointed to have wasted so much time selecting books that I will never see, reaching out to sales reps, sending emails, and speaking with their customer service department. Poor procedures and poor customer service from their CORPORATE level.

NicoleAA

March 26th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The usborne book pyramid scam is ridiculous, can't pick the books can't stop the shipments... stay away

Caitlin

January 23rd, 2019 Baltic, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best books, best company, best service! Top notch.

AJ

December 31st, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SO I have been a customer for well over 2-3 years and have loved everything I have ever gotten. I decided to become a consultant in October and I literally have received a paycheck every wednesday following the week of sales before. I was shocked. Also shocked that orders I place on a Friday arrive by Tues/Wed and orders placed Sundays are arriving wed/Thursday, SO FAST. We have now ordered well over 300 books and have received 3 damaged books (shipping box was crushed on one order from UPS) the other not sure what happened, but I sent in a pic and description and I was sent new books with no questions asked and did not have to return damaged books. I love this company and my leaders. I read through a lot of these posts and I can believe how some people have been treated.

Ann Marie B.

October 24th, 2018 Sag Harbor, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am writing as both a consultant and a customer. I started as a customer and while the shipping times were a little long, the books were always top quality! I became a consultant over a year ago and absolutely love it! With a new shipping warehouse, orders are usually shipped within 24 to 48 hours of placing your order. I think a lot of customer reviews on here heavily depend on the consultant. Obviously there are some not so good ones out there, but I recommend trying to find another if you have a poor experience. Your consultant should be able to take care of any customer service issue you may have.

Brad S

October 18th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife sells these books. The company is garbage. The books are fine, but she spends 5-6 hours per day trying to book parties and other events. Even when she has a “great party”, she makes very little with the amount of time required. Yes, the party is an hour, but it takes hours to set up the party before hand and hours after submitting the order and correcting errors from the company. And then books are on back order so she has to contact the customer and try to convince them to get another book. The most successful sales people are making $30k per year and it’s a full time job! Please please please don’t get involved in this company. Absolutely not worth it.

Jenny Croft

August 29th, 2018 La Verne, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The book quality is great! My kids enjoy the books and many are unique and can't be found in other stores. Especially the non-fiction and activity books. Your experience as a customer absolutely depends on the quality of your consultant. If you don't like the service you had, find a new consultant! Like any direct sales company, you do everything through a consultant. I have had nothing but good experiences with responsible, trustworthy, knowledgeable consultants and I worked with 3 separate people for over 2 years (before joining myself). There are poor consultants out there, but there are many good ones as well so seek them out and build a working relationship. This is the best way to learn about the books. As for shipping in 2018 so far, it has always been 7-10 days directly from the warehouse. It can take longer if your consultant is offering a special deal or package and is doing the shipping themselves, so try to stay in contact with them. I am very happy with Usborne Books & More, which is why I decided to become a consultant 6 months ago. Happy Reading!

Betty zeller

July 30th, 2018 Blue Springs, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very disappointed. I like the books but when you feel cheated it is not good. I was participating in what I thought was a sale only to finf2 out the $5 sale books were actually 4.99. I then checked books I had gotten for the 12 days of Christmas, again thinking I had a deal. I spent $100 for $60 worth of books. My fault for not checking what she was sending me for my $100. No more Osborne books for me

Alli

July 10th, 2018 Buhl, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I LOVE UBAH. Great books & great opportunity.

Amanda Schaeffer

May 11th, 2018 Rising Sun, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a consultant for a little over a year now, and the customer service has been superb. The shipping has been super quick, but I understand that since I started they have opened a new warehouse. I think all the bad reviews regarding customer service and what-not are really in the past for this company because I have had nothing but positive things to say about them

NW

May 7th, 2018 El Dorado, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been a fan of these books ever since I was invited to a party in 2014, and host a party every 6 or 12 months. I’ll be frank; 2016 sucked big time and is the reason for all of these 1-Star reviews, mostly due to a huge sudden increase in orders that they had tried to be ready for and fell flat, which resulted in overworked webhost servers and crazy delays in shipping. Since early 2017, I’ve noticed, shipping has gone back to normal, the website is way more stable, damaged books are down, and their ‘book buck’ system (where you get an IOU for books that went out of stock in the time between when you placed your order and when it was filled) has decreased in frequency. Through it all, though, my consultant has remained helpful, cheerful, and did everything she could to help me and my friends who had ordered from my party to get our books. I am a huge fan of these books - they’re educational but fun, well-made, and rather reasonable in cost. I kicked around the idea of signing up, but I already sell another product and think I’ll just get my books for free by hosting. :)

MAria

April 23rd, 2018 Hubert, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel like this needs to be updated. this company does train us, a lot more then if you did itworks or other at home businesses. there are always new books and you can sell from online.. every book i have gotten has been worth the money, and made better then books i find at barnes and noble for kids.

Amanda

April 18th, 2018 Sherwood, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great company! I love the quality of the books!! I threw a facebook party for a friend and got a 100 bucks worth of books for free, and got some additional ones! I fell in love with the books and how beautiful they are!

Julie C

March 5th, 2018 Mason, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love love love books! They have helped encourage my kids to read more and they usually choose to read Usborne books over their other ones. They re beautiful and jam-packed with info and facts but they don’t FEEL like nonfiction! My consultant has always been helpful and kind and knowledgeable, and I’m glad I have a go-to person to order from because I order often and am glad I can support her!

Ashley

February 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The consultant I have been working with for the last couple years is amazing. She has been with the company 4 or 5 years and if an issue has came up (like during all that shipping hoopla), she has figured it out for me, I did not have to do the leg work which is nice for the busy mom of 4 children! Never once did she blame anyone, she just took it upon herself to tell me she would get to the bottom of it.

Connie Markowicz

February 20th, 2018 Peru, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am writing as a consumer, not a sales rep. I absoluely LOVE Usborne books themselves. But the experience of interacting with the company was appalling. I ahve ordered 3 times from Usborne "parties". The first order, placed in mid March was supposed to be for my kids birthdays, but after it didn't arrive by then, I thought I'd put them in their Easter baskets. WRONG. Still not here. Next I ordered in October/November for Christmas and the book spine was damaged (the paper padded cover was crushed in shipping.) That sales rep got a replacement for me before Christmas but it too was damaged. I didn't bother this time trying to replace it. Finally, I bought a book at a craft sale. It was shrink wrapped. When my son opened it at Christmas, two pages of the board book were printed twice and one page was comlpetely missing. It was a book that had stick on eye glasses and so 1 pair of glasses had no page to go on. It. Took. 3 Months. To get. A. Replacement. I called the company over Christmas break and they told me I'd have to find out who the sales rep at the craft fair was from the school and then contact that person. I will NEVER make a purchase of Usborne books from a consultant again. Love their products. Hate their company. I'll order through Amazon or not at all.

Abby

January 29th, 2018 Craig, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love this wonderful company! Amazing Books!

S Abercrombie

January 15th, 2018 New Kensington, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered a book for a Christmas gift. Would not order book untill rep had check in hand. Delivered check next day this was early November. Their rep mobile deposited check the day it was in their hand. Two weeks before Christmas no book. Several attempts to contact rep went unanswered. Finally about a week later was told on back order. They dud get us the book fot Christmas but found that the deposited my check a second time. Over two weeks has passed the second deposit has yet to be refunded.

Heather McAfee

November 7th, 2017 Norfolk, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been involved in 3 Facebook Parties, and hosting my own in just over a week. Each order has shipped in roughly 2-3 days, and I have received them about a week after. The books are excellent quality and highly informative. The consultants have even gone so far as to check in with me the day the books were delivered and a couple days after the fact to make sure I was enjoying them!

Jennifer Chen

September 5th, 2017

I love this company! The books are so great for children, and the quality is amazing! I'm so thankful for so many of the books that I can enjoy with my children!!

Holly Story

August 29th, 2017 Prairieville, LA

So I paid $24 for 2 sets of tiny books that are marked $7.99 each set. They look like books I can buy at the dollar store.

Rasheed

August 14th, 2017

Took our money but did not send books! Over two weeks now and not replying to emails or informing about status of order. Asking them to cancel but not cancelling. More interested in promoting their FB group then sending us the product they took our money for!!

KM

August 1st, 2017 Charlestown, RI

I have been a consultant with this company for almost a year now. I jumped in just before the website change and busy shopping season. I went through all the ups and downs of the chaotic holiday season this year. The website and shipping times were completely unacceptable, every consultant and all the way up to the CEO admitted to this. The company just grew WAY quicker and bigger than anyone could have imagined or was able to plan for. Every single person at Home Office busted their butt to package things themselves, made huge IT changes including going back to the old website, added shifts and more staff, trained and had video chats with the consultants and even recently made improvements to the warehouse to prepare for the upcoming Fall season. They truly listened and truly made changes for the better. Our leaders were amazing at keeping us as consultants in the loop and giving trainings and ideas for how to best help our customers through the holiday season and long shipments times, etc. I found Customer Service to be PHENOMENAL, despite the long waits at times, and they always counted down the minutes accurately while I waited. Now the company is running smoother than ever! Shipping times are on point, damaged books are near to none, Customer Service is very quick - I hardly ever wait if I have a question that I need clarified - and they are so lovely to talk to, and our CEO and VP continue to be amazing and truly care about the company, US and the literacy movement. While it really stinks what we all went through last Fall, the company and all its staff and consultants has worked extremely hard and has made so many improvements. I am so glad that I stuck through last holiday season because it really did get better as they promised and this whole experience has been amazing and so rewarding!

Hannah K L

July 23rd, 2017 Northvale, NJ

Usborne books are just awesome!! the contents are great and the illustrations are amazing! Good quality and reasonable price! My kids loves to read them again and again. about the shipping, I heard they had an issue of late shipping and customer service but seems like it has solved!I got my all orders in one in 2 weeks longest!

Brittany

July 13th, 2017 Gardner, KS

My experience with Usborne Books & More has been pretty wonderful. My books have arrived quickly at my house and my son and students love them! The images and story lines are not only engaging for kids but adults have fun with them too. I love the 50% replacement plan if your book gets damaged (replace it for 50% of original cost). This is a great peace of mind with kids. All of the consultants I have worked with are friendly and say they love the support they have through their teams. I have spoken with the customer service side of the business too and they were very friendly and helpful. Again, I have really enjoyed my experiences with Usborne Books & More.

KThomas

July 13th, 2017 Fort Smith, AR

Usborne Books & More sent me really amazing books with great quality!! My kids love these books! Definitely recommend them!!

Melissa wood

July 13th, 2017 League City, TX

These books have amazing illustrations!! They are so educational and keep the kids attention for a ling time! They are such good quality. Perfect gift!!

Audrey

July 12th, 2017 Shiocton, WI

Awesome books!! Super pleased! These are hand-down the best children's books on the market with a great variety! All the people I know who sell these are so friendly and will to help. And shipping was quick!

LH

June 27th, 2017 Keaau, HI

Usborne Books are hands-down the most fabulous children's books on the market today. The quality and content are unbeatable. Every consultant I have spoken with has been friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Books are shipped with a day or two and arrive within a week. Their return and replacement policy is extremely generous, and the consultant does all the work to make things right! Absolutely no complaints about this amazing, dedicated, and truly caring company.

JL

June 2nd, 2017 Herrin, IL

I ordered books from an online party a friend of mine hosted in August 2016. Six weeks later I received only one book in the mail. Instead of the other 4 book collection, I received a book buck credit that stated my selection was out of stock. I'm not sure why I couldn't have been informed of this sooner, why did I have to wait 6 weeks to find out my order wouldn't fulfilled? The credit states I wouldn't get a refund nor would they just send my order when it was available. Instead, the replacement was my sole responsibility. It was up to me to monitor their website to see if I could catch it when it became available or pick something else for the exact same price (otherwise I would be out even more money to pay the difference). The first few times I tried, the collection wasn't available. Finally, in January 2017, I reached out to the Usborne consultant who was over the party I bought from. She took my book buck credit info and reordered the collection. One month later, I received ANOTHER credit telling me my selection was out of stock! At this point I was fed up, no longer interested in a credit, only a refund. February 2017, I emailed the consultant with my request for refund. We emailed back and forth several times over the next few months. I was told on 3 separate occasions that Usborne had refunded my money to the card I used and to look for it in 7-10 business days. No refund ever came. Finally, I began calling Usborne myself. When speaking to the rep, I was told they had already cut me a paper check. This was 5/10/17. When I asked why I was told 3 times a refund had been issued to my credit card, she told me that this was not her department and that was a stock answer they were trained to give when people asked. The check that was supposedly sent to me the week on 5/10/17 arrived yesterday, 5/27/17 with a written date of 5/23/17. I will never do business with this company again. I am appalled at the lack of customer service and the inability of this company to resolve issues. What is unfortunate is that the young woman who was our consultant for our party seemed to really try to help. She actually fulfilled my order herself for free, possibly out of her own stock (?) about a month ago trying to make up for the issues I had with the corporate level. The books are cute and my son likes them, but just not worth the hassle.