Team National is an MLM (multi-level marketing) company that seeks to provide money-saving products and services for its members in more than 20 industries, such as jewelry, home furnishings, communications services, travel, insurance, financial services, and rental cars.

The Florida-based company is a member of the Direct Sales Association and has been in business since 1997. Founded by the late Dick Loehr, Team National regularly supports charities and notable organizations to help children and families. Team National also has affiliations with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Direct Sales Association.

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9
#3 doTERRA chevron_right

The Good

• Great Connections
  • Upholds Industry Standards
  • Charity Contributions
  • Income Earnings Disclosure

Great Connections

Team National has a partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which can't be said for many other companies in the MLM industry. This is significant since the U.S. Chamber of Commerce seeks to do the following:

• Advocate for pro-business policies that create jobs and grow the nation's economy.
  • Offer access to the latest resources, information, and best practices in advocacy and communications.

The chamber has a team of nationally recognized lobbyists, communicators and policy experts at its helm.

Upholds Industry Standards

Team National also has a partnership with the Direct Selling Association. Team National promotes the Direct Selling Association's code of ethics. The code allows salespersons to expect a DSA member company to be ethical in its practices along with other statutes such as:

• Describe the relationship between you and the company in writing/
  • Be accurate in any comparisons about products, services or opportunities.
  • Safeguard your private information.
  • Base all actual and potential sales and earnings claims on documented facts.

Charity Contributions

Team National supports several philanthropic efforts to help children and families. They aid with the following charities:

• Great Lakes Burn Camp
  • Feed the Children
  • Gateway for Cancer Research
  • Boys & Girls Club of Broward County
  • Humane Society of Broward County

Led by CEO Angela Chrysler, Team National views its efforts as part of its core values and a chance to make a difference in the lives of others. Team National has also recently adapted their site to benefit those who are native Spanish speakers.

Income Earnings Disclosure

Team National has released a chart listing the annual income range of all Independent Marketing Directors (IMDs) in 2017.

This shows that the company cares about prospective distributors' realistic expectations of possible earnings. The chart explains that the experience and success or lack thereof varies based on the "time, effort, and leadership put forth."

The website also features names of members who have achieved financial success, though the data from the income earnings disclosure chart illustrates that lucrative success is not the norm.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Training and Education

Lack of Transparency

People interested in joining Team National have to speak to an independent representative to learn more about the company. Team National's website does not clearly outline exactly what its services are, the money-making opportunity potential as a distributor, and how to become a distributor.

Mentions of services and products are not detailed and fail to answer common questions regarding the MLM industry such as:

• What is the company's business model?
  • How is Team National different than other direct sales companies?
  • Is this a pyramid scheme?
  • What is my expected income if I do this as a full-time job versus part-time?
  • As a distributor, do I have the opportunity to make this a home-based business?
  • Are there team marketing initiatives and bonuses?
  • How do I find referral names and other leads that will build my network?

Training and Education

First-time distributors may be discouraged by Team National's education program compared to other companies' MLM training. Mentors are available, but they must be requested. More leadership materials are available to distributors if they purchase their own website for $10/month.

The Bottom Line

Team National has proven that it is profitable, multi-million dollar company since its founding in 1997. It also has significant partnerships with organizations such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Direct Selling Association.

Despite its key partnerships, Team National's level of transparency is lower than that of other multi-level marketing companies. A potential distributor needs to find signup costs and renewal fees by speaking with a representative.

Team National's policy states that there is no online advertising permitted at all, which rules out social media. Social media is the bedrock of several other MLM home business advertising efforts.

Our recommendation? Consider another company with detailed products and services descriptions, including clear startup fees and rates on its main website.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Sarah
August 20th, 2019 Pounding Mill, VA DETAILS

Team National has been a blessing to our family above and beyond what we could have ever anticipated. The savings are amazing - log in and put it to work for you!!! We have saved thousands in the first 2 years - from chicken feed to mattresses. 😊 Although we love the savings and continue to use it almost weekly, the INCOME has been what we are the most excited about. It has changed our life! Helping other families and in turn, creating a residual income - wow, that is rewarding for sure. We get to have Options now in how we spend our time and money! Thanks TN!

Anita Payton - Fort Wayne IN
July 31st, 2019 Fort Wayne, IN DETAILS

Team National is an answer to my prayer. At the end of 2018, I prayed for a change/breakthrough in my finances and a way to fund my non-profit. January 2, 2019, my answer came through Team National. I purchased a lifetime membership and quit my job after 4 months and 15 days, after 31 years on a job. I find no fault in this company. They have under promised and over delivered in more ways than one. The savings, promotions and compensation are unbelievable. It's a dream come true and has allowed my dreams to be fulfilled! My only regret, that I hadn't known about Team National in 1997 (when it started). Come on, become apart of this awesome company and meet me on the beaches of the world!!

Deane Young
June 18th, 2019 Pineville, LA DETAILS

Team National is a company of savings and earnings. Team National is not a pyramid because pyramids are illegal. The earnings are directly related to the amount of time and effort put into the business and how many people you want to help save and earn residual income. Team National is a family-owned business and is only in the USA. That is what I like most about it is as USA company. Team National uses in-house advertising and in-house training for all those who wish to improve their lifestyle. There is no cap on how much you can earn and how many people you can help. This business idea may or may not be for everyone because you have to want to help other people. Team National is rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau of South Florida and the Chamber of Commerce.

Lonnie dame
May 21st, 2019 Valdosta, GA DETAILS

I have been involved with Tn since mid 2016.friend of mine got me to sit down and look at the presentation,we joined 2yr plan immediately, then upgraded to lifetime. 2 weeks after being in, we were able to save about half on what we were paying on insurance, cell phone plans,and saved about 600 bucks on set of tires. We don't use marketplace much as we don't shop alot, but we have zero regrets on partnering up with them. It has been a blessing to us

Mark Poynter
April 10th, 2019 Wichita, KS DETAILS

I absolutely love my TN Membership. I save almost 5K on my furniture purchase, more than paid for my membership. I’m also working the business side of it and referring the membership. My up-line is simply amazing with training me and always available for my calls. I’m very fortunate to have one of the best in the business as my upline. I’ve read some of the bad reviews, but myself or my upline/downline do not share those experiences. The Membership sales itself and the compensation plan is a no brainer. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Time Freedom, home based business, new friendships with likeminded people.

Scott ward
February 1st, 2019 Rolla, MO DETAILS

My wife and I joined TN almost 3 months ago, we are enjoying a $1200 a year savings on our auto insurance, $93 a month savings on our AT&T bill, we have utilized a cpl more saving as well. We are projected to have saved our membership fee back in UNDER 2 years!!! Also, we have received 2 checks from TN and I wasn’t sure why (I cashed them anyways). I now know why I get the checks, ITS BECAUSE IM WORKING THE SYSTEM!!! It’s not rocket science, if you sign people up, you’ll receive checks!! Eventually the checks will start having commas in them. THATS WORTH GETTING FIRED UP OVER Also, My TN upline are AWESOME people and go above and beyond to help me with ANYTHING I have questions about!!

Sherry Elliott
December 11th, 2018 Forney, TX DETAILS

I have been a member for 2 years. This year I have saved $4000 and made several thousand. The people in this company have been amazing and we love that we were going to spend money at these stores anyone and it puts money back in our pocket!

Pat
November 9th, 2018 Little Rock, AR DETAILS

I was involved for three years and bought into their "people helping people" BS. I made checks. The fact is that if you work hard (and I did), they will work only on their other leg out of greed so your upline can get checks while you do all the work...I decided to start selling another product totally unrelated (a health product that is phenomenal and does what it promises). I intended to continue using my membership to save pennies here or there (these discounts can all be found for free on the internet if you look very hard) and the second the fat cats worried that they were losing my "points" that I was producing, they had the lovely Christian folks at the home office start sending me certified letters threatening to SUE me. Said that I had signed on with them and had a 3 year non compete. I signed no such statement. As an additional insult, they started sending those same threatening letters (and eventually emails) to my daughter in college! WHO DOES THAT? Please stay far away from these people...

Cj
October 12th, 2018 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

Great people, best training and support ever. I absolutely love saving money on everyday things. And the ability to make extra money in my spare time is a huge plus.

KC Dilbeck
April 2nd, 2018 Marion, IL DETAILS

1. There is no fee to see the businesses if you are a member. 2. There is no fee for a personal web page any more. 3. Customer Service is the BEST! 4. I recouped my membership cost as soon as I purchased my carpet! 5. I've been in this for 4 months and am more and more impressed everyday. 6. These negative reviews are from people who are not using their membership or are refusing to follow directions. IT'S SO EASY! 7. Transparency? It's members only. You see the presentation. If you like it then buy in. It only gets better!

Taneshia
March 28th, 2018 Fort George G Meade, MD DETAILS

I was introduced to the company three years ago and I have saved and made thousands! I sold products for a decade and never made close to my income in TN. As a member you get the same discounts and savings as non-members when shopping at the big name stores, but the difference is that you get additional rebates. The Lifetime membership covers your generations (parents, grandparents, children, great-grand, etc) so after you pass away, your membership lives on. There are over 25 separate industries to save such as medical/dental, vehicles, homes, furniture, etc. It's a one-stop shop and the membership price has not changed in 21 years! To top it off, the company has over 7,000 private business owners (nationwide) who advertise their company, thereby getting new customers, reducing costs, and providing incentives for their employees and TN members. Additionally, this company will donate towards special causes, referred by it's members. Referring a universal savings membership is 100% easier than selling products!

Concerned Citizen
February 7th, 2018 Oxford, MS DETAILS

It's a SCAM! If you look at the fine print of the "rebates/discounts", you will notice the MANY restrictions placed on the program. If you do your research you will notice the Reward Programs or Discount Programs offered by the stores/companies are as good, if not better than that being offered through Team National. Take advantage of the 3 days to cancel your membership. Compare where you shop and if TN will actually save you money and more importantly make the $795 or $2195 you pay to Team National.

Heather
January 4th, 2018 Crary, ND DETAILS

We joined Team National in June of 2017. I was extremely skeptical about it. But my boyfriend was all about it. So far we have saved $1100 between our auto insurance, paper products for home, tires for our vehicles, hotel stays and so forth. Some times there isn't a big price difference on our purchases and sometimes there is. Just depends on your purchases and where you are purchasing from. As the company grows the more companies join the more options members have. We started sharing the business with our friends and we have already made some money and qualified for a cruise. With a little research as a member you can find ways to save. Whoever says they didn't save obviously isn't going onto the tn marketplace and doing their shopping to try to take advanced of the savings.

Michael Garrett
October 4th, 2017 Douglas, GA

Great company to work and save with, I've saved over$1500 in 2017, if your not saving or making money your are being Lazy.

B T
August 15th, 2017 Lindale, TX

The company is awesome with no products or anything to sell. Just use the membership savings from either your lifetime membership or two year membership on the things you are currently buying from all the store you currently shop, and you will see the savings add up. There's no way not to save unless you don't use your membership. Plus, you can make substantial money, if you choose, by sharing the value of the membership to others, just like when you tell a friend about a great restaurant or an awesome sale. There's no pressure, no quotas, no products to invest in, just good old fashion savings. I would think anyone that has been in TN for at least a year and just uses the membership in its full capacity, would have saved more than double what the membership cost. This is truly a no risk company.

N.D. Sager
July 28th, 2017 New York, NY

Team National is a great company! No hidden costs and they are very transparent! If you don't understand group buying power..research it.Recently joined and mentors are ready and available. I speak w/ them weekly. No inventory to keep! Savings always depends on your buying habits.❤️❤️

Vikki Smith
July 25th, 2017

Incredible support for Independent Marketing Directors. Completely supportive & Informative Website. Savings on nearly everything you normally buy including cars, furniture, cell phone bills, Team National Business owners & over 400 National chains. Excellent company for promoting your local business

p j
May 10th, 2017 West Monroe, LA

Absolute Joke. Told about all the great discounts and haven't found one yet. Told car insurance would "pay" for my membership. It was 60% higher Sear Commercial would save big. Got two quotes and both were higher than I could buy online The auto program will surely work. The dealer said "every" car had a TN discount built in so why pay for the membership??? Tried the car rental next. It was 30% higher than the online deal we worked out. DO NOT BE LIKE ME AND WASTE YOUR MONEY. THE ONLY WAY THIS DOES ANYTHING IS IF YOU SELL THE LIE

Cinde
March 30th, 2017

This company exemplifies standards of the highest integrity for direct sales. The negotiated savings are real. It will cost you not to join by paying a middleman doing it your way. Lifetime FAMILY membership and our ROI was less than 6 months.

Will
February 21st, 2017 Bloomington, IL

This is the best opportunity I have ever seen! I have been with this company for nearly two years and have saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars. The best part is, I haven't changed a single spending habit. I shop where I want and when I want and save money! The savings are real!!! The income side: this is a BUSINESS - you get what out what you put in...simple as that. Culture: I have been to the top incoming earners personal home where they cooked for us and shared insight and advice. Result: I thank God everyday that he brought this into my family's life. We are saving money hand over fist and have earned several times over the cost of the membership. If someone thinks enough of you to invite you to take a look - do it.

bjp
February 9th, 2017 Bedford, TX

A fabulous winner of a company. They negotiate purchasing deals and then we can receive savings via group buying. We have saved thousands on a mattress, hardwood flooring, cell phone bills, utilities, groceries, pool remodeling, travel, furniture, clothing, appliances, hair salon services, prescriptions .... and on and on. We have contacted the company at times via chat room, phone call, and email -- always receiving courteous responses. It is easy to do and there are no quotas to meet. With the membership comes a very user friendly personal website where all products are available. When we share our great experiences with others, we are paid via a modified binary plan -- again, with no monthly quotas. Best thing going from our experience.

D D B
November 12th, 2016

The team national savings membership has been an incredible investment for our family. I use our membership for almost every aspect of our daily lives. The savings through factory direct are the most sizeable but we also save on our monthly cell phone, we saved substantially on our credit card processing (great value for businesses), saved on our insurance through an independent agent on the business exchange. I earn money on our every day household goods, supplies for our business, the toilet paper and toothpaste that we are buying any way. I am all about the true numbers. The savings alone more than justify the investment in the membership, if you use it. The marketing side, by sharing this with other individuals and businesses that can and will benefit from the savings, you can generate a nice supplemental to replacement income depending on you and your team's effort. The marketing plan pays substantially more than most other home based businesses, eapecially for part time activity! I share actual quotes from manufacturer sale prices and actual purchase receipts to demonstrate the savings our family and friends have experienced. There is no need to exaggerate the level of discount available with this membership. I must question the individuals who espouse such things as you can get same discounts with sale prices. I have experienced small savings and sizeable savings, but they are savings none the less. With our lifetime membership these will continue to add up for our family for generations. When you are considering whether this is right for you, research the heart of the company and the thousands upon thousands of more than satisfied members and marketers.

W L J
September 20th, 2016

Great company, wonderful staff, awesome leadership. Structured for success for the people that join. Product is saving members money on everything they buy.

Melissa Mumby
August 31st, 2016 Spokane, WA

My husband and I have been with TN since April 2016. I have had nothing but support from everyone in TN. Every single time I have contacted customer support they have been nothing but very helpful and kind. Just because the company was built on the moral of a "pay it forward" company doesn't mean that just because it doesn't advertise it is a scam. As for Cory ***, the list of companies that are affiliated with TN is free. If he honestly felt as though this was a scam, why pay for the lifetime? Just with any company, you have to put the work in to reap the rewards. This is an amazing company all around. I have never had to pay anything to talk to any of my uplines, and they are more than helpful. I would recommend this company to my own grandparents.

Robert McDaniel
August 8th, 2016

Whoever these people on this site giving negative reviews are either being dishonest or lazy. This is a great company. I am a business owner and have seen first hand how well this company runs. The leaders of this company are good Christian people who love this country and helping people. If you talk negative about Team National I really think you really need to look in the mirror and do some soul searching as to why you can't succeed. It's not FREE!! You have to do the work required. It's pretty simple FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! Whether you are in only to save on everyday buying or running your own Team National business, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!

Doug Pillsbury
July 22nd, 2016 Scottsdale, AZ

We have benefited greatly from the savings side of the membership program. It cost just $55 to be a independent marketing director. We pay $10 per month for a personalized web site and access to very helpful training videos that provide a lot of information about the company. The people have been fantastic to deal with and every we have spoken with at Team National has been very helpful.

Alan karoffa
May 13th, 2016 Bowling Green, KY

I have been a member of Team National for around 18 months. I quit counting my savings at $6,000.00. I also participate in the earnings side of the company. The membership is fantastic, you can save on virtually everything you are already buying, why not put some money back in your pocket. I can save on everything from cars to q-tips. Everything about Team National is risk free. You put your money back in your pocket with the savings and you can build a mutiple 6 figure income with the company. The membership makes sense even if you never make a check. I have made several thousands of dollars with TN. I would recommend this company to anybody. I read a review about a guy who didn't get any benefit out of it. If you buy a piece of exercise equipment and put it in the back room of your house and never use it, is it going to benefit you?

Kenny
May 12th, 2016 Bullard, TX

I've been with Team national since September 2015 and am saving money and making money as prescribed. I find that the several negative reviews here are simply inaccurate. The list of companies is free on the members site once you sign in - there is NO cost for this. I;'ve saved thousands already. Also, the compensation plan is wonderful. I've made nearly 10k in just a few months by following their simple system. The people mentoring me are great as well. In the end, Team National is like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.

Ronald Pourciau
May 6th, 2016 TX

Helping people save. Absolutely no risk.

Corey
April 25th, 2016 Fargo, ND

I would not recommend this company whatsoever. I was "conned" into joining this program back in 2000. I had the "opportunity of a lifetime" to upgrade my membership for free to the lifetime membership, and so like a fool I invested another $1,400 due to the persuasion of my sponsors. I have yet to use the membership despite trying to. I have asked their customer service to send me a list of all the places I could use my membership so I can start reaping some benifits. They said I had to pay close to $100 to receive a publication to review these places. Customer service is not very helpful. Seems like a "scam job" to me! Don't waste your money! ~Corey Moorhead, MN

M
April 7th, 2016 Dallas, TX

Saving money on everything I was buying and paying for anyway, income has been amazing!

Chad Lakridis
April 7th, 2016 Phoenix, AZ

Aweful customer service and NON-EXISTENT reply back to numerous complaints. I would never recommend this company.

Web
March 25th, 2016 Arkansas City, KS

Not only are we saving money but we now have the potential for a real 6 figure income or more. I have done and made money in most of the others, but by far this is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Michelle Lennick Blomquist
March 18th, 2016 Billings, MT

Awesome being able to save money on things we buy everyday!!