Team Beachbody

Team Beachbody Logo

Team Beachbody

The health and fitness company hosts monthly contests

Beachbody, LLC is the creator of hit workouts such as P90X, INSANITY, and Hip Hop Abs. The Santa Monica-based company was founded by Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon with the goal of helping people enjoy healthy, fulfilling lives. It offers DVD workout programs, gear, and nutritional supplements.

Beachbody grows through its network of independent distributors known as coaches. Coaches rely on the Beachbody online support and fitness community which serves as the company's backbone. Beachbody is also a multichannel marketer which is present in print, online, radio, and television. The health and fitness company hosts monthly contests, provides recipes, and tools to measure progress of customers.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Forever Living Logo Forever Living ›

9.0

Overall
Score

doTERRA Logo doTERRA ›

8.1

Overall
Score

Shaklee Logo Shaklee ›

7.5

Overall
Score

Team Beachbody Logo Team Beachbody ›

5.2

Overall
Score

The Good

• Business Tools
  • Low Requirements
  • No Inventory

Business Tools

The $39.95 signup cost includes a distributor's first month's business service fees and coach business kit. Everything needed to generate a cash flow is included in the signup cost. Individuals who sign up will receive the following as a Coach:

• Sales website
  • Email account
  • Sales and marketing tools
  • Training guides and videos

Beachbody Coaches not only will receive different resources, they will not have to worry about handling product inventory, billing, shipping, or customer service. Beachbody's assistance will allow coaches to focus on the growth of their personal network and income.

Low Requirements

Beachbody's monthly requirement of sales is on the lower end compared to other multi-level marketing companies. Only 50 PV points are required to maintain an active status whether its from personal purchases or retail sales. Distributors don't need to have an active status in order to qualify for commissions for what they are able to sell. This is good news for distributors who are new or may have had a busy month pursuing other ventures.

No Inventory Required

Distributors not only have a low PV point requirement, but Beachbody also has no inventory requirements compared to other direct sales companies. The coach opportunity has no inventory requirements. If distributors want to purchase products for their own use or resale, they'll receive them at a significant discount.

The Bad

• High Quarterly Costs
  • Products

Quarterly Costs

The signup costs are average in the industry, but the quarterly costs are higher than other direct selling companies. Here are the rates to sign up and renew each quarter:

• $39.99 sign up cost
  • $38.87 quarterly costs

Products

Majority of Beachbody's sales come from its DVD workouts so distributors interested more on the nutrition side of living a healthy lifestyle will need to consider another company. Distributors who are more interested in making money off of weight loss shakes and dietary supplements should consider multi-level marketing companies who are more nutrition based.

The Bottom Line

If you're a fitness fan who finds satisfaction in challenging workouts, Beachbody may have the product line for you. Beachbody has a well-known variety of programs such as P90X, INSANITy, and Hip Hop Abs. Beachbody's track record has proven that customers who use its fitness program will build cardio, strength, and endurance over time. The Santa-Monica based company's signup costs are less than $50 to get started. However, Beachbody requires high quarterly fees, and its workouts may not be for everyone.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

3.8

Lynne Morgan
November 16th, 2017 DETAILS

I'm a new coach in the UK and have been following Beachbody programmes for just over 3 years. It's far from all about the hard core workout. I started with Slim In 6, a low impact workout that perfect if you're new to fitness. There's every kind of programme, from Tai Cheng and Yoga up to Insanity Max 30 and P90X3. If you can't find a programme to suit you on Beachbody On Demand (the Netflix of fitness), it doesn't exist. On top of that, there's the Portion Fix eating plan, Performance Line pre-and post workout products (the Official Sports Nutrition Supplement of the IRONMAN North America series of triathlons), and of course, Shakeology; your daily dose of dense nutrition that, after three weeks, has made a huge, measureable difference to my physical health. As for customer service, I've had reason to contact them several times and every time, they've dealt with my query efficiently, and happily. I've never had a problem they couldn't fix, even though one did take a little while. It was all fine in the end and the subscription I was having issue with was extended by 3 months for me by way of an apology. I couldn't be happier with Team Beachbody.

Richard Cole
September 14th, 2017 Germantown, TN

I have been trying to cancel my relationship with Team Beach Body for over 2 years. I have contacted them, sent in the required paperwork several times, Sent letters, emails, begged, pleaded and to no avail. They continued to charge my card the fees. I challenged the charges on my AMEX and had them reversed. I finally I cancelled my credit card in order to stop the charges on my card. They still send me notes that they cannot charge my card. This is a nightmare. Like Alice in Wonderland.

Virginia
June 16th, 2017

Tv advertising and actual workouts include real life people, not actors, not all fitness professionals. Customer service is top notch and goes beyond to fix any problem. 30 day money back guarentee, no questions asked. Cancel coaching or autoship any time. Leader in home fitness. Amazing meal replacement shake. Results driven. Help not sell. Focus on changes lives, including your own.

Beth Morrow
May 15th, 2017

I love love love beachbody just waiting For it to come to the uk!! Xx

Vicky Sheerin
May 12th, 2017 Worcester, MA

The products are of higher quality hence higher cost, health should be a balance of nutrition and fitness which is why beach body is amazing. As coaches we get great support.

Crystal Hopper
March 17th, 2017 Arlington, TX

Ok, first things first, Beachbody no longer uses JUST DVD's - I mean, that's so yesterday. Beachbody has a Netflix type of online streaming service where you can find all of the classic workouts like Turbo Jam and P90, as well as the newer ones like Country Heat and Core De Force! There's even a cooking show! I have used Beachbody since Turbo Jam came out. I have loved the programs - there's a calendar and support in the WOWY Gym - meaning, I never felt alone. I just signed up as a coach a little less than a year ago and I haven't regretted it. I don't feel like I'm wasting my money when i use the workout programs or Shakeology - why? Because I'm USING the programs to better myself and I'm actually drinking Shakeology (I even drank Shakeo while breast feeding). I'm not required to keep inventory! I LOVE sharing my story and inspiring others and my coach has NEVER guilted me into or out of anything! Now, on to customer service. I have never had an issue with customer service. They have always made me feel valued as a customer and important as a consumer. And I don't think it's changed as a coach. As with anything in life - don't blame the other guy because you didn't cancel in time - all you have to do is call and return the unopened product. Geez, it's not that difficult. I ordered the DVD for Piyo - I got the DVD package and when I opened it one of the DVDs wouldn't play - I looked and there was a scratch on it! Did i get upset and throw a fit? No. I simply called customer service and they replaced the scratched DVD. Real life stories - can't make this stuff up. ;)

Desirae Clayborn
December 12th, 2016 Indian Trail, NC

The products are AMAZING and there is no other company out there offering the full package that Beachbody offers when it comes to fitness!

Becky
December 9th, 2016

Team Beachbody has WAY more exercise programs than just 'hard core' workouts. They offer Tai Cheng (Tai Chi workout), PiYo (Pilates/Yoga), Yoga, and dance workouts. This company has something to offer all age groups.....and their Shakeology is incredible.

Carl
December 7th, 2016

This company Uses bait & switch tactics. Don't believe anyone who says they love being a coach..Your ROI on monry is peanuts if that, and consumes all of your time while alienating friends & family. Then when you try to leave they try to talk you out of it using guilt tactics.

DeAnna Fassett
December 1st, 2016 Wyoming, PA

I am not only a Beachbody customer, but I am also a coach. I believe in this company 100%. I began with them to help myself loose weight and get healthier. I became a coach to help others also do the same thing I did. I want to inspire others to reach for their goals to get healthy. I have never been a fitness nut as you call it. I wanted a proven system that is easy enough for anyone willing to try. I found that with Beachbody. Coaching fees are minimal, no inventory and no pressure to sell. Its a wonderful community looking to help others succeed in their own health and fitness journey, its not about the money its about helping others. I truly love Beachbody and love being a coach.

Samantha Smithe
November 29th, 2016

I love Beachbody! They have helped me to lose so much weight and I met a new community of friends that I can work out with. This has been a blessing!!

Mdog
May 31st, 2016 Houston, TX

I purchased a challenge pack then cancelled it within an hr and they sti'll sent it out how unless you don't cancel it! Then I was reassured that my whole membership and auto ship was canceled I wouldn't have to worry...next month shakeology shows up at my door..the cs people suck at their job will never buy from beachbodyand I hope I don't get another shakeology box this month. Not happy with them at all.

Joanne Starkey
March 19th, 2016 Littleton, CO

I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach and I LOVE this company, its products, and most of all, the results. They stay up-to-date on the latest diet and exercise studies and incorporate that data into their workouts and their supplements. I'm healthier than I've been since I was a teenager and it's because they are awesome at keeping you motivated and rewarded for your efforts. I highly recommend using these products to lose weight and get healthy.

B Taylor
March 4th, 2016 Melbourne, FL

This company tries all the old bait and switch tactics. They get you to sign up for something and try it out and in the fine print says they can keep charging you and sending you things. And then when you call the employees try to talk you out of it using guilt tactics.

S. McMillan
March 4th, 2016 New York, NY

I have been a customer of Beachbody for 6 years and a coach for 2! I genuinely love the philosophy of the CEO, Carl Daikler, the trainers, and all company members to genuinely HELP others overcome obesity, weight struggles, financial struggles, etc. Making money is NEVER first. If you do what you're supposed to and help those around you lead healthier and more fulfilling lives, you will naturally make money, but you have to develop yourself as a person first! Their support in helping you overcome your own blocks to success in life (whatever areas they may be in) is incredible and continuous. I really do endorse this company for fitness successful programs, nutritional support, and community support.

Megan Mulligan
March 4th, 2016 Waipahu, HI

Working for beachbody is more than just DVD's it is a community that is committed to a healthy life style! With Shakeology and the 21 day fix you have all the tools to get you started or back on track. With everyone committed to ending the trend of obesity getting paid is just an amazing perk! I have tried other companies and nothing has compared to this one !!