Shaklee

9.2

Shaklee is a multi-level marketing company that started in 1956. The company focuses on over 200 nutritional and skin care products as well as home care items. Shaklee generates $844 million in global revenue per year. The company currently ranks #10 on the top 50 list of MLM companies for 2015 on the Direct Selling News website. The company invests over $250 million in product research to develop eco-friendly items for consumers.

Shaklee has created 2,000 millionaires. The company has also paid out over $6 billion dollars in commissions. The company performs 80,000 quality tests each year on the safety of their product lines.

The Good

• Membership Discounts
  • Environmentally Conscious
  • Support and Tools

The Shaklee Effect

This industry-leading company is extra proud of what it calls the Shaklee Effect. This is their company mission that helps people take small daily steps towards improving their lives and the lives of those around them. The company has been a strong leader in environmental stewardship and in supporting a variety of social causes. Their mission is to make the world a better place and to treat others with Golden Rule business ethics. Shaklee was the first company to be certified in offsetting completely carbon emissions in the environment, thereby resulting in a net zero impact environmentally. They also won another award for sustainable business practices. Their headquarters won an award for its green design.

Membership Discounts

Consumers do not have to purchase memberships. However, if they would like to receive a 15-25 percent discount on their purchases, they can choose to pay for a membership. The membership is a one time signup fee of $19.95. They receive no other bonuses. Independent Shaklee distributors do not have to rely heavily on recruiting in order to earn a substantial income. Ninety percent of the compensation is based on sales and not on recruitments.

Incomes

Shaklee is transparent about their yearly income earnings. This information can readily be found on the company website. Shaklee claims the average independent distributor earns approximately $8,000 monthly. Top level distributors generally earn $150,000-$200,000 yearly. The company has been in business for over 50 years, which gives them a stable foothold in the health and wellness industry.

Support and Tools

Shaklee provides multiple means of support for its independent distributors. Distributors have open access to the company's Shaklee University, which provides plenty of business training materials and modules. Distributors are provided with sponsors to guide them in building their new businesses. The company also hosts local and regional meetings and conference calls as well as corporate-sponsored training events.

The Bad

• Expensive Starter Packs
  • Issues With Former Researcher

Expensive Starter Packs

Independent distributors pay anywhere from $49.95 - $349, depending on which starter package is selected. There is a minimum automatic monthly shipping product purchase requirement of 100 Personal Volume in order for independent distributors to continue to remain active. This can be quite expensive for new distributors looking to build a sustainable long-term income that will pay their household bills.

Issues with Researcher

In 2008, a Harvard anti-aging researcher submitted his resignation letter to Shaklee and quit his paid position on the scientific advisory board. Professor David Sinclair was hired to help promote syrup that could purportedly extend life spans. However, he claimed that his name was misrepresented in digital media published from the Shaklee company in endorsing the product. The misrepresentations allegedly misused his name in ways that were not clearly part of the contract he agreed to. Shaklee denied any wrongdoing. A company spokesperson stated that all mentions of Mr. Sinclair's name in digital media and other advertisements were pre-approved by him. Some of the online digital media was audio from radio programs where Dr. Sinclair was interviewed regarding the new product. On the radio program Dr. Sinclair could be clearly heard making those types of statements.

The Bottom Line

Shaklee is a well-respected leader in the health and wellness industry. DirectSellingNews.com rates them #10 in the 50 multi-level marketing companies for 2015. The compensation plan rewards sales over recruitment efforts, which could be very beneficial to individuals who would prefer to sale. Success in any business is not dependent solely on the details of the opportunity itself. It comes from the amount of hard work and self-discipline you are willing to put in the venture you select to invest in. Research all opportunities and select the business that is right for your needs and lifestyle. Make sure you understand everything before you choose a company to work with.

Charlene

February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

I found Shaklee 25 years ago and have never looked back. The products are amazing and continue to get even more amazing each year with new launches. There is a over a 60 year record of the products making a difference in many people's lives. My experience is that through the residual income I receive from Shaklee, I have been able to work from home for over 25 years. I have been able to help both parents through their dying process without losing any income. I found out after a car accident that the insurance would not pay me for lost wages because I made too much money residually. I am able to see my great-grandsons any time I want as I have the time freedom. Great company and great compensation.

Linda Duvall

February 10th, 2018 Cadyville, NY DETAILS

I have been taking Shaklee products and have been a Shaklee Distributor for over 20 years now. If not for God and Shaklee I might not be here right now. I love the company, the products, the people, all the research they do. Even though I have not actively done my business for a while I still receive my bonus check every month. Am now looking to rebuild and looking forward to all that Shaklee has to over.

Susan Prazenka

February 9th, 2018 Mahopac, NY DETAILS

In the mid 90's I was introduced to Shaklee's products. At the time I had a health condition that baffled the medical community. Getting on Shaklee's Vita-Lea, protein and calcium, eliminated the condition, and changed my life for the better! With ingredients that are tested to go Beyond Organic, Shaklee products are guaranteed to be safe and pure ... and they're backed by over 100 peer-reviewed clinical studies that prove product efficacy. That's the true Shaklee Difference. These days I'm grateful to say I take no medications, feel great, and am often mistaken for being much younger than my years. I am SO grateful an acquaintance took the time to speak to me about Shaklee.

Phyllis Stratton

February 8th, 2018 DETAILS

Can't say enough good stuff about working with Shaklee, and using all their products. We have been loyal users for 35 years, and feel better because of it. Our general good health in our mid to late 70's we attribute to our use of the Shaklee nutritional supplements. Love their research and their commitment to excellence. Every time they come out with a new product, we find they have outdone themselves again. Yeah Shaklee.

Tammy Lashlee

February 8th, 2018 Carpinteria, CA DETAILS

Shaklee is an amazing company with products that help people live a healthier life and a business opportunity that helps people have a better life! I am so thankful for both aspects of Shaklee and even more thankful that it’s all done with the best science in harmony with nature!

Gwen H.

February 8th, 2018 Evansville, IN DETAILS

A friend introduced me to Shaklee after my baby ate a Cascade Power Ball and I had to call poison control because she was so sick. I switched to all their non-toxic cleaning products and found work amazing and save me hundreds of dollars. Before Shaklee, my son was sick all the time and on antibiotics, nebulizers, and inhalers (for 7 years!). Since switching to Shaklee supplements, he has been free of all those prescriptions for now EIGHT years! Life changing health transformation! I am so impressed with their clinical research, articles in peer-reviewed clinical journals, their testing for purity (unrivaled in the industry), and most of all the results my family has experienced in improved health. Also, I love the ethics and community of the company- a truly caring family, excellent customer service, and all products come with a money back satisfaction guarantee.

CK Fitzgerald

February 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Love the products! Love the company! I have been a producer user for 40 years and have not found another company that comes close to the standards of Shaklee products and customer service. The purity, potency & performance of their products are unmatched in the industry.

Eileen

February 7th, 2018 Ocean View, DE DETAILS

My family and I have enjoyed great health benefits for nearly 40 years. It started with Vita-Lea, a multi, and Protein, and my fever blisters were gone....then tried a few more products like Calcium , leg cramps gone. The more we tried the more health benefits. Grandchildren asthma and allergies , no more. I love after all these years, Never a recall, Science based, pure, safe, effective healthy products, for you and your loved ones!

Maureen Work

February 4th, 2018 Clemmons, NC DETAILS

I have been using shaklee for 40+ years and know the products help me to remain healthy year round. I have tried other brands and did not feel they helped me to be health so I returned to Shaklee products and have continued to feel super. The household products are incredible and work fantastic while saving us a lot of money. As for the comment regarding the Starter Packs being high - if you look at the Household pack it will save you more money than you can imagine and safe! Shaklee stands behind their products, has a 100% money back guarantee and has great Field Support! You will be happy you switched!

Vicky Caskey

February 3rd, 2018 DeLand, FL DETAILS

In June of 2018, it will be 38 yrs since I was introduced to Shaklee products. I had been recently diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and a very good friend encouraged me to try Shaklee products. It’s a very long story but I was able to regain my health and the health of my husband and 4 children. My children now have their own children, all of whom have been raised on Shaklee from the womb on. I have 14 healthy grandchildren. I thank God for my friend who introduced me to Shaklee. I don’t think I’d be alive today had I not chosen Shaklee over traditional drug therapy. I’m 74 and healthy and take NO prescription or over the counter medications. I was a young mom, 36 yrs old, and I went on to build a wonderful business . I’ll never retire. A one word summary about Shaklee would be INTEGRITY! Don’t ever be afraid to share these wonderful products and/or the business opportunity with anyone. You may be the change that is desperately needed by someone.

Tracey

February 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

16 years ago I was introduced to Shaklee products. What a life changer that was! With the 100% money back guarantee I had nothing to lose when trying. What I found was the cleaning products worked better than any I had ever used, and the supplements made a huge difference in my families health. When I use Shaklee and when I talk to others about Shaklee I know the products are safe, proven, guaranteed and work! The integrity of the company is untouchable and I am proud to be involved with such an outstanding company that goes over and above the standards for safe and effective products. The Shaklee home team are all so helpful and amazing at finding answers to any questions you ask as well as being there to support you. I have met amazing friends through Shaklee and feel blessed to be part of the Shaklee family. Our CEO is always ready to stop and talk to everyone he can and embrace everyone no matter what rank or how long you have been in the company. Our autoship is very user friendly making it easy for customers to make any adjustments to their order. Overall I love the Shaklee company and cannot imagine where my family would be now without it.

Rosalie Ingle

February 3rd, 2018 Citrus Heights, CA DETAILS

My family has used the Shaklee products for 45 years. When I first found Shaklee, I was concerned because my family had a history of dying young from heart problems. When I was diagnosed with the same heart problem my father and his cousin and his cousin's daughter all died from, I was scared I would never get past age 65. I am now 77 and doing very well, thank you. Yes, modern medicine is helping, but I can feel the difference on days when I am not able to take the supplements I usually take and the days when I do. When you can feel the difference, you know there is a reason to be supplementing your diet. It is a form of insurance that your body feels and responds to.

Sharon Heasley

February 3rd, 2018 Spring Grove, IL DETAILS

I have been using the Shaklee products for 19 years! It totally changed the health of my family and I love all the science that goes into everyone of their product. Their cleaners are non toxic , very concentrated, and they WORK! I get my orders usually in 2 days! No minimum orders or renewal fees! 100% money back guarantee and the customer service is great!

Marianne

February 3rd, 2018 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

Excellent, clean products that really work!

Susan Bartz Herrick

February 3rd, 2018 Southern Pines, NC DETAILS

I grew up with products from this company - 48 years and counting. The efficacy of the nutritional products is unparalleled. As a professor I can tell you 'I need proof" before I recommend a product to anyone. When UC Berkeley proves our Supplements superior to any brand in the world - well it doesn't get better than that academically. NASA comes to Shaklee when they have nutritional needs for their astronauts - again. Shaklee is the #1 Natural nutrition company for a reason. The body can live without oils. It cannot live without nutrition. Shaklee is about scientific documentation, not clever conversations. If you are considering purchasing or representing any product line, your first request should be: Can you show me you third party clinical studies. Shaklee has over 120.

LaRue Wright

February 3rd, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS

I am thrilled with the results Shaklee has given me through the years I have used the products. They have changed my life, I take no medications . I attribute this to the wonderful products Shaklee produces backed by science to ensure they are safe, pure and effective. Everyone is looking for organic, these products are more pure than organic with clinical tests to prove their claims. What a blessing to share with others. The products change lives!

Cindy

February 2nd, 2018 Valparaiso, IN DETAILS

I was introduced to Shaklee about 20 years ago. I had been diagnosed with some serious health issues and used many medications and supplements recommended by my doctors. When I began using Shaklee, things in my health really started to change. I had been a full-time dental hygienist and it was recommended to me that I retire. That left us with a large void in our income. I never went looking for Shaklee as an income opportunity. But because of the changes in my health, people were asking me what I was doing. As a result, Shaklee did become an earning opportunity and is one of the best gifts I’ve ever received. It’s allowed me to replace my income, homeschool my daughter, and help other people change their health and finances. I love my Shaklee. Many of the issues that were predicted for my health have never come true. I really believe that’s because of Shaklee and the journey it has taken me on with my health.

Judy

February 2nd, 2018 Bellows Falls, VT DETAILS

Its all good when the health of your family is improved !! The legacy of Shaklee is working with nature and the business ethics of using the Golden Rule. Products are 100% guaranteed. The good news is shared by users vs paid actors on big pharma chemical commercials.

Becky

February 2nd, 2018 Zionsville, IN DETAILS

We have used the Shaklee products in our home for almost 15 years. I started using them when I and one of my children were very sick. I come from a family with a scientific and medical background and I knew nothing about supplementation. I was blown away by their research and science the most of all by the fact that I started to feel better period at 27 years old I genuinely truly have more energy than I had ever remembered having in my life. This company changed my life in the house of my family with their products. Science and research does matter to me because natural doesn't always mean safe. I feel blessed 2 have been introduced to the Shaklee products so many years ago.

Sharon

February 2nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

100% money back empty bottle guarantee. Ground breaking products since Dr Shaklee introduced the first multivitamin/mineral in the US 102 years ago. Matchless science and medical team, and scrupulous product development and manufacture. Standards far beyond organic. These are just a few of the reasons I only use all the products from Shaklee. And when I decided to put my personal reputation on the line and share my own better health with others, the compensation and benefits far exceeded my expectations. And this is for a few hours a week outside my more than full time profession. It takes focus and training, and the rewards are worth it. The people in both the corporate office and the field business owners are are of a caliber to match the products. Where else can I be surrounded by people in their 70’s through 100’s in great mental and physical health? That’s the ultimate proof of products that work and are safe.

Christi Reasner

February 2nd, 2018 Clovis, NM DETAILS

I have used Shaklee for almost 5 years now and I will never use another supplement company. The product quality and the integrity that this company operates with is incredible. I use the daily vitamin strips, the protein, the fitness line, the skincare and the cleaning products and I have yet to find one that doesn’t work the way it is advertised to! Amazing company!! 🙌🏻

Jami Chace

February 2nd, 2018 Red Bank, NJ DETAILS

I will be a Shaklee mom for life! So glad I found this company! No other is like it!

Dannie Cade

February 1st, 2018 DETAILS

10 years ago I joined this company fat, sick and nearly dead. Through the help of an amazing marketing system, becoming Director in 3 months was easy for me and I'm currently holding position of Co-ordinator, despite the numerous health challenges that have prevented me from working my business for long stretches at a time. As a business it's fantastic but that's not the best part. The products, that alone is the evidence based proof to me. I joined Shaklee while battling Lyme disease plus 5 other co-infections that came with it, overcame major life and death cardiac issues, overcame Cancer without chemo/radiation, went from 240lbs to 130 ... and I won't mention all the surgeries, and yet I'm still here! Stronger and better than ever! Why? Because nutritional support is a MUST when recovering from anything, and Shaklee's products gave me that and so much more. How do you put a price tag on that? Never have I been disappointed in the amount of support I get from head office AND other Shaklee members, it's amazing! I've had the pleasure of getting to know some of them well over the years and to me they are like family. Shaklee feels like family, like home, like love. 10 years I've been using and moving these incredible life changing products, 10 years I've had an income but the one thing I can't put a price or value amount on is what these products have done to not only change my life, but literally help SAVE my life in several life/death challenges along the way. For that I am so grateful, and I'm here to stay!

Marcia

February 1st, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Shaklee is the number 1, the oldest & largest natural nutrition company in the US. I have been using & distributing the products for 38 years. If Shaklee makes it, I won't use another brand. They are THAT good. The business compensation plan, as well as the products, are unmatched in the industry. Shaklee has kept myself and my family healthy for 38 years. So many are looking for a better life through MLM's today. We are the original. Once I found Shaklee, I never needed to look further - I found the best. And I'm so happy I did! Customer service is AMAZING. Every product is 100% gauranteed, with over 💯 thousand tests per year on our products! Over 90 Peer-reviewed clinical studies on our products. Only Shaklee does that!

Roxanne

February 1st, 2018 Ruskin, FL DETAILS

I have used Shaklee since I was a kid (45 yrs) and counting. I love using their safe cleaners that actually work. Shaklee’s Youth skincare keeps my skin looking wrinkle free. I can’t imagine being without Shaklee supplements, which make me feel good and able to keep up with my teen. If you have never tried Shaklee products, I say give them a try. You have nothing to loose with their Money Back Guarantee. That’s how my Mom got started, but she felt so much better in 30 days that she purchased more when she ran out.

Sandy dietrich

February 1st, 2018 Carlock, IL DETAILS

Our family has used Shaklee products for over 20 years. We appreciate and have grown to trust all the science and research that Shaklee does to make sure our products are safe, proven, and guaranteed solutions to help our family live younger longer. We have experienced optimal health, energy, immunity and stress management with their nutritional line and with their non toxic cleaners and personal care products! And as we Naturally share are our experience with others- we are compensated nicely by Shaklee for doing so!

Liz Koeppe

February 1st, 2018 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

This is a company that truly lives by the Golden Rule. They bring quality products that are backed by sound science, not marketing or borrowed science. Products that are proven to be effective and safe. They've made such a positive difference in the health of my family! I love what they do for people and our beautiful planet!

Gail Stewart

February 1st, 2018 Chester, VT DETAILS

For supplements they are 100% guaranteed...they work....they are safe. Could not be a better company. The Get Clean Line is the best. Money saving, non toxic. Love Shaklee

Ellen

January 31st, 2018 Tyler, TX DETAILS

I was introduced to Shaklee 24 years ago when I was looking for a natural alternative to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides. Within 35 days of using the Shaklee supplements, my blood work had improved so much that I started changing brands to Shaklee. Within a short time I I knew this was a company I could trust and wanted to be associated with. As a young widow at the time, the business opportunity was a great way for me to supplement my income. Now at 72, I work my Shaklee business full time, work out several times a week and enjoy excellent health. Ellen

Pamela McDonald

January 31st, 2018 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

I have been using Shaklee products for over 40 years. My mother was a single-parent on a very limited budget but she knew the value of good nutrition and made sure her 3 kids got a protein shake and vitamins each day. This was back in the 70’s when only ‘hippies’ took shakes and vitamins. Not only did we use many of the Shaklee products but we watched her work her Shaklee business so she could afford the products. She loved owning her own business and working beside people with integrity. Her healthy values peaked my interest in nutrition and I began to compare other products in the market to Shaklee. I learned that there was not, and is not, another company out there with the number of credible scientific studies that prove the safety, quality and efficacy of their products. They even guarantee satisfaction or money back. Shaklee is the best!

Carol Bazurto

January 31st, 2018 Dallas, GA DETAILS

I've been recovering from open-heart surgery, and find my daughter, and daughter-in-law's advice to keep up my Shaklee vitamins, and other nutritional supplements has helped me better than anything else...

Tammy

January 31st, 2018 Highland, NY DETAILS

I started using Shaklee products 10 years ago. They dramatically improved my health. I lost 28 pounds, got off pain meds, when I got Lyme 5 years ago the immunity and detoxifying products really made a difference! My daughter is a senior in the biological sciences program at Cornell and she told me she never really appreciated the quality and purity of the Shaklee products before. During cramming sessions and big tests, she always takes Mindworks, Stress Relief Complex and Energy Chews. And even though she's only 22, even the Mindworks works incredibly well for focus and memory. Doing some nutritional programs at Cornell recently she was really blown away by the true scientific research that Shaklee has done over the last 62 years, and research is her specialty. There is truly not another company like it period!

Rachel Yousling

January 31st, 2018 Burlington, WA DETAILS

I started using Shaklee vitamins when I was expecting our first child. My body could not tolerate the prenatal vitamins the Doctor prescribed. That’s when I found out that my body could absorb the iron in the Shaklee vitamins, since I was anemic. Later on our son was diagnosed with a condition which he had to receive nutrients intravenously. During his many visits to Children's Hospital he had his IV removed and we were instructed to give him vitamins. Two weeks later he had a blood test which revealed that Shaklee vitamins were just as bioavailable as the nutrients that were provided in his IV! -They work and I love sharing Shaklee with other families! - Rachel

Carmela Bergman

January 31st, 2018 Medfield, MA DETAILS

I have used Shaklee products consistently since December 1976. It doesn't surprise me that this company has the highest consumer loyalty of all consumable product lines. Shaklee's Unconditional Guarantee was all the assurance I needed in order to try each additional product. The product effectiveness is superior to any others I'd used in the past. I am a very satisfied Shaklee customer and use no competitive brands. Besides my personal consumption of Shaklee products I've been rewarded monthly via Shaklee's excellent compensation program. Can't imagine a day without Shaklee!

Judy Krawczyk

January 31st, 2018 Orchard Park, NY DETAILS

Best company ever! It has given our family 39 years of good health & an amazing income!!! We are so greatful we found Shaklee & made it our life’s choice!!! We truly believe changing brands can change your life!

Micki Roberts

January 30th, 2018 Arvada, CO DETAILS

We have been using and sharing Shaklee wellness products for 24 years, and LOVE everything about Shaklee. The product are PURE, POTENT, and PERFORM better than anything I have ever tried!! My family has been so healthy since using Shaklee, and not one of us has been to the doctor for an illness in 24 years!

C noden

January 30th, 2018 Locust Dale, VA DETAILS

23 years of use, products work very well and are pure and very safe. So thankful for them every day!

Cathy

January 30th, 2018 York, PA DETAILS

I have been involved with Shaklee for about 35 years. It is a wonderful company with science to back their products, tests for quality at every turn and a money back guarantee. The compensation plan is the best! It provides residual income, not just first level. Training is available from corporate as well as the relationship of sponsors. The longevity of the company says a lot! And it has only improved with age!

Susan

January 30th, 2018 Nellysford, VA DETAILS

I learned about Shaklee while searching for anything to help my dibilitating disease. I have found Shaklee to be everything it claims and much more. After trying many products form the health food store, I was finally able to get off my prescriptions after taking Shaklee supplements and have a new lease on life. I especially appreciate the earth friendly view and that nothing is tested on animals. The quality is beyond compare and the custer service is excellent. I do not hesitate recommending Shaklee and wish I had found it before other MLM companies I tried.

Phyllis. HUGHES

January 30th, 2018 Pompton Plains, NJ DETAILS

Shaklee products have been our lifeline to good health for almost 38 years now . Using them all we have met every health challenge to be the healthiest we can be. The ability to share good health with others has given us the financial means to pay for everything as well. Everyone in the company is outstanding.