Quintessential Biosciences (Q Sciences) is a health, wellness, and fitness company that offers nutritional supplements for people and pets. Q Sciences was launched in 2013 by Marc Wilson, with Daren Hogge acting as CEO for a number of years. Marc Wilson is now President and CEO of Quintessential Biosciences.

Co-founders Colby Greene, Monet Montemayor, and Nick Evans assist with business operations at the corporate level. The privately-owned company states it has served over 80,000 customers with its product line. The company's headquarters are based out of Pleasant Grove, Utah.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 doTERRA chevron_right
#3 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• High Customer Retention Rate
  • High-Quality Health Supplements
  • Compensation and Bonuses
  • Business Tools
  • Perks and Bonuses

High Customer Retention Rate

Potential Q Sciences distributors will be intrigued by the company's high customer retention rate. In 2016, the company reported a 65 percent customer retention rate, which is high in the MLM industry.

Pair this information with the fact that Q Sciences started without a compensation plan or a website, relying solely on a product that had been selling for 17 years without any marketing efforts, and you're left with an impression of an extremely high-quality product.

High-Quality Health Supplements

The company's flagship product is EMPowerplus Q96 supplements.

These were designed to promote mental acuity and well-being through a balance of micronutrients essential to brain function and development. The proprietary formula consists of 36 vitamins and minerals.

The formula has been observed in clinical trials by 41 research scientists at 16 countries located across 4 countries. The formula is also backed by 25 published studies.

Compensation and Bonuses

The company calls its compensation plan the Qx eXponential Infinity Plan. This unique plan offers multiple ways for new recruits to earn a decent income. Independent business owners sell products at retail prices for commissions and can purchase products for themselves at wholesale cost.

Distributors get paid in three different ways:

1. Personal Sales Commission: 15-25 percent
  2. One-time Rank Advancement Bonuses: $100-$250,000
  3. Monthly Team Commission: Monthly cash amount according to rank

Q Sciences also has the ability to earn products free of charge with the 3PC=Free and Amor Programs. Other financial bonuses and incentives include:

• The team of 3 Bonus
  • Power 30 Bonus Pool
  • Customer Sales Bonus
  • Quick Start Bonus
  • Generational Matching Bonus
  • Travel Rewards Program
  • Car Program
  • Lifestyle Bonuses: Monthly Car Allowance, Debt Reduction Plan, Health Insurance Bonus

Business Tools

The cost for an individual to join Q Sciences as an independent business owner is $79.95 for the purchase of a Business Activation Kit.

The kit includes a personal website and web office, a ProPay card for commission payments, a company welcome pack, and a pack of EMPowerplus Q96 supplements.

Business Activation Kit fee is waived with an initial order of 1500 PV (approximately $1500 USD). Independent business owners are required to earn a minimum of 100 PV monthly and are given a wide selection of business training and support materials to help them grow their new businesses.

Independent distributors are not required to be on the company's autoship program as long as they are willing to place a qualifying order to ensure they are eligible to receive earned commissions.

Perks and Bonuses

Preferred customers are given the ability to enjoy wholesale pricing with enrollment in the monthly autoship program. These customers also qualify for both the free product programs and can earn redeemable points for future purchases.

These preferred customers will also receive special offers and discounts as they become available through the company. Orders can be customized to fit a customer's unique needs.

The Bad

• PV Requirements
  • Bad Press

PV Requirements

Independent distributors must earn a minimum of 100 PV monthly through customer orders or by personal purchase in order to receive commissions.

This number is relatively low when compared to other similar companies in the marketplace. However, there are MLM companies with no PV requirements.

Starter Packs are also expensive at $79.95-$449.95, depending on the option chosen.

Bad Press

Q Sciences has received some bad press. An online story in 2013 from Salt Lake City Weekly reported a distributor making exaggerated claims about the product at a charity walk event hosted by the National Alliance on Mental Illness.

The distributor claimed the products are suitable to treat any mental illness a consumer might have. She claimed that the Q Sciences product was a vitamin supplement that can replace an individual's prescribed medication and cited her husband and nine-year-old son as success stories.

Numerous supporters of the supplement have boasted the same claim. There are no randomized and controlled tests that have demonstrated the supplement's efficacy.

However, company founders have cited a number of powerful testimonials and research studies.

The product has caused damage in the lives of some people due to these unsubstantiated claims. For example, the parents of a 27-year-old man took their son off of his schizophrenia medication in 2011 and replaced it with the EMPowerplus formula.

The young man subsequently bludgeoned his parents with a wrench while they were in bed, killing the father and severely injuring the mother. The young man told the media that he believed his parents were aliens and needed to make sure they were dead.

The FDA cannot say anything in regards to the product because it is a supplement. This means that the product cannot be marketed as a drug to treat mental illness.

CEO Daren Hogge was upset after hearing the news regarding the distributor's claim and stated in an email that the woman would be suspended if the allegations were determined to be true.

The Bottom Line

Q Sciences is a health and wellness company that makes and delivers nutritional supplements for people and pets. The privately-owned company's founder has 35 years experience in the Networking Marketing industry. New recruits can earn a decent income in a multitude of ways and the company offers a variety of unique financial incentives and bonuses. Distributors and customers can earn free products.

So far, the company has generated $5 million in global sales revenue and has served over 80,000 consumers worldwide. Starter Packs can be expensive depending on the option chosen and independent distributors must earn a minimum of 100 PV monthly. The company is new to the industry and its legitimacy is yet to remain proven. Consumers are advised to investigate the company thoroughly for themselves and proceed with caution before deciding to invest as a new independent distributor.

3.2

Jen J.

September 30th, 2019 Nevada, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just recently signed up with this company and already am making more than with my previous company. I’ve been on the products for a month and notice a huge change in myself. I can’t wait to get the rest of my family on them too! Their full spectrum hemp (CBD line) is amazing too. Customer care has always been so supportive through the online chat! So easy to use too when you don’t want to wait on the phone! Shipping was a little slow, but I know good things are worth waiting for! They are sorting out the kinks. I love helping people and look forward to growing more in this company!!

Scott

April 25th, 2019 Thorntown, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been taking the Qsciences hemp(aka CBD Oil) oil. It is so effective that I have recommended it to some friends and they are now trying it. It is a miracle product in my opinion with so many benefits that they are too numerous to list. The patented delivery method makes buying regular hemp/cbd oil a complete waste of money. So thankful I found this product.

Brandon stevens

April 18th, 2019 Prosper, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just had my one year anniversary and I’m so blessed to have been introduced to this company. They are so helpful and go out of there way to make sure we get whatever we need. I can’t thank Q enough for everything they do. #thankyouQsciences

Disgruntled q

April 18th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give it a 0 stars if I could. Do not deal with this company . They keep charging my credit card Monthly and there is no way to stop them. There is no way to cancel the service. Total scam

Savanna

March 22nd, 2019 Willow Creek, CA

Yesterday I experienced the friendliness of one of the distributors she is from Australia. She was so sweet, friendly, and answered every question. She was very informed about the company she represents. I look forward to being involved with this company amd I also love knowing how science based and university researched this company is as well.... Love Love Love...

ADA

February 21st, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been in MLM's since I was 17 started with Mary Kay, great company and products, started modeling for my friend. Over 15 years later I love the freedom of working from home/hospital ( I have an 11 yr old with a kidney transplant 90% of the the time in the hospital). I was introduced to QSciences for the business, did not even tried the supplements. The compensation plan and the products are awesome, I even give the CBD HEMP OIL to my son. Have not paid for my recurring order, my commissions paid that and my team of has grown tremendously. MLM is for everybody but everybody is not for MLM. So, if you want to keep suffering, working long hours and not have freedom and invest in your family, then is your loss. MLM is slow to get fast, not to get rich right away. I pray for all of us and give thanks to God for this opportunity.

Amy

January 22nd, 2019 Weare, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

2.5 months later still no product! Horrible service! I ordered from someone selling this product & she shouldn’t have been promoting this specific product at the time because it was back ordered. I’ve been told twice it will be here any day. Let’s see if this last message I actually do get it! Horrible HORRIBLE

Taylor

January 22nd, 2019 Jefferson City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely amazing products!!! Customer service is easy and convenient!

moonpathgirl

January 16th, 2019 Richmond, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased items from QScience about 2&1/2 months ago and just received my shipment this week. I only was notified one time about the delay and It felt like forever. The rep that I bought product from was an over the road truck driver and was always out of town so she was not able to be of much help when I was trying to get ahold of the company. When I got an email I wanted to report that one of the products I ordered (a spray) was damaged when it reached me and I emailed them. I got an email back stating someone would contact me within 3 days and that's been ove a week ago. I am now sitting on the phone with customer service and have been waiting over a half an hour. I will never order from this company again.

Lisa

January 11th, 2019 Rancho Santa Fe, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst customer service ever! On hold for hours. I’ve cancelled my account and membership 3 times and they are still charging me for the product! I hope the Corp reads these reviews. If you’re growing then hire help! I work in sales and take care of my customers, frankly you guys suck and have crappy standards. Like most MLM’s they just want you to sign up.

Debra Brzozinski

January 10th, 2019 Blue Point, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am currently an ambassador with this company & your information is incorrect as far as welcome kit & what is required of us monthly. It is 100 PV not 240 or 250pv. This is an awesome company to work for. They take care of their people & have a VERY GENEROUS compensation plan. And the products really work! Now we have a Hemp line that is taking over the market space! I highly recommend them. Life changing - in your Health & Wealth

Jaye Espinosa

January 9th, 2019 Indio, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company has the worst customer service. No one is available on the phone or via email. I was charged for a product on 12/6 which i have yet to receive and was charged again today I have called at least 20 times in the last two weeks and have emailed 5-6 emails. This is so frustrating and I do not think this is a good company. They take your money and do not send any product.

Terri z

January 3rd, 2019 Edmonds, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

POOR CUSTOMER CARE. I Bought the fuse drops, and I was accidentally put on auto ship. My rep cancelled it, but the shipment was already processed on my card. Keep in mind I never authorized or knew I was on auto ship. When they refunded me FINALLY, they kept 5$ for will call, saying it’s not refundable. How do they charge for something I never received, requested or authorized? I’m done. Takes 30+ mins on phone to talk to someone each time. I will NEVER buy from a multi level marketing company again. I feel like I’ve beat my head against the wall trying to get the customer service rep to see that I shouldn’t be charged a thing for something I never received,purchased, or authorized...but I keep getting the run around. She can’t grasp what I’m saying. BEWARE, they charge plenty for their products, shipping, etc...but don’t want to make it right if there’s a mix up. I actually liked the product I purchased, but I’m done.

Kari Ram

December 31st, 2018 Fort Mill, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered the full spectrum hemp oil and q max for my daughter who has very high anxiety, these product are amazing. It has helped her with her anxiety. She now has a job and is totally different! My husband has chronic headaches and started using the hemp oil and has not had a headache in 2 weeks!

Jenn Miranda

December 19th, 2018 Poulsbo, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A friend of mine recently started selling Q Sciences products and thought I would enjoy using (and possibly selling) the products too. I agreed to a phone consultation with one of their top sellers to talk about the product but quickly realized it was a pyramid business and they were trying to get me to buy in. (Not interested, especially since I had never tried their products) They encouraged me to try the probiotics. I asked if they were vegan and she said yes. A couple of days later, my friend called informing me the product was not vegan so I asked for my order to be cancelled. My order had already been sent out so I had to wait for it to be delivered so I could then return it. I paid $42 but was only refunded $32 because they don’t refund shipping. Even when they give false information about a product they’ve apparently been selling for ten years. Super disappointed in my experience with them, definitely will not be using them or recommending them.

Marie

November 15th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

I will not buy nor try Q Sciences due to the fact that distributors are claiming that their products can heal. That is against FDA policy.

Kirby Keebler

August 31st, 2018

Q Sciences just tried to process a fraudulent 823.84 purchase on my credit card. The purchase was declined and I received immediate notification and my credit card is now cancelled. THANKS Q SCIENCES. Crooks.

Carlos V.

March 21st, 2016 Lee, MA

I have tried the Q96 Supplement for anxiety and mild depression, OMG This stuff is Amazing!!! It makes You feel happy and in a good mood ! Their weight management shake is awesome and tasty as well ! Great business opportunity because of not being in a saturated market ! Great company with very friendly staff !