Plexus Worldwide

Plexus Worldwide Logo

Plexus Worldwide

verified
$99 startup cost option and a low yearly fee of $35

Plexus Slim is a weight management product developed by the health and diet supplements company Plexus Worldwide. The network marketing company was founded in 2006 by CEO Tarl Robinson, International President Alfred Pettersen, and Chief Marketing Officer Alec Clark.

The management team at Plexus Worldwide has over 60 years in combined direct selling experience in the weight loss supplements industry. The company is committed to providing its Ambassadors with a rewarding business opportunity and life-changing products. The company's headquarters are located in Scottsdale, Arizona.

The company generated over $500 million in revenue in 2017. The privately-held company employs under 200 people.

View Our Top-ranked Multi-level Marketing Company

Forever Living Logo Forever Living ›

9.0

Overall
Score

doTerra Logo doTerra ›

8.0

Overall
Score

Nu Skin Logo Nu Skin ›

7.9

Overall
Score

Plexus Worldwide Logo Plexus Worldwide ›

6.6

Overall
Score

The Good

• Product Variety and Quality
  • Product Testing
  • Startup Cost and Enrollment
  • Compensation Plan and Bonuses

Product Variety and Quality

Plexus Slim is a dietary supplement designed to help with weight loss. It is in a powdered form that is designed to be mixed in water to help consumers burn calories and fat. The product does not contain caffeine and is safe for consumers with diabetes.

The product also claims to help consumers obtain healthy cholesterol, lipid, and blood sugar levels.

Consumers mix the product in a bottle of water and drink 30 minutes before meals. The product can be taken one to two times per day, and consumers generally see results in around two weeks.

The product works by suppressing appetite and the bests results are achieved with a healthy diet and exercise.

Product Testing

Plexus Slim is not a meal replacement product. For those concerned about possible negative side-effects of using Plexus Slim, the company has conducted several clinical tests on all ingredients used in its products.

Plexus Worldwide has also conducted clinical testing on some of its products, Plexus Slim included.

Startup Cost and Enrollment

Individuals can enroll in Plexus Worldwide's business opportunity for $35/year. Two additional product packages are available for $99 and $199 at the time of enrollment.

These product packs qualify individuals to receive commissions and bonuses. Fifty percent of these packages are paid to the sponsor.

Compensation Plan and Bonuses

The first three Ambassadors above the sponsor are paid 25 percent, 15 percent, and 10 percent consecutively. The company offers a 50 percent guaranteed payout every month. The company's revenue gained from gross product volume is placed in one of four pools.

At the end of each month, these pools are paid out to Qualified Ambassadors. Retail commissions are paid monthly and business building bonuses on new ambassador product package purchases are paid weekly.

Ambassadors receive their own replicated website and are able to purchase products at wholesale prices.

Ambassadors can give their retail customers two choices. Customers can either purchase inventory stock directly or make a purchase online through a credit card.

There is a $35 annual fee to maintain the replicated website. Preferred Customers have the option to receive products each month through the company's autoship plan.

After three months, the Preferred Customer receives a 10 percent discount on their product purchases. This discount remains in effect for as long as the consumer remains a Preferred Customer.

The company also offers a 60-day money back guarantee for all Plexus Slim products.

The Bad

• Transparency Issues
  • Side Effects

Transparency Issues

Plexus could do better by being more transparent. The cost of the opportunity and the products are not listed on the company's website, though company representatives have confirmed that all Plexus line products are under $40 (with the exception of Plexus Slim).

Potential customers seeking to find the costs of the products have to click through several different pages on the website to find the prices. The FDA issued a warning letter to the company that said three products were "not generally recognized as safe and effective for the above-referenced uses."

The letter went on to state that the drugs were misbranded and the company needed to take prompt action to correct the violations. It should be noted, however, that Plexus Worldwide did rectify the advertising violations outlined by the FDA, and is now completely compliant with FDA regulations.

The FDA has also cited the company's website for several other infractions, including incorrect dosing instructions and false claims. In the past, the website had read more like a medical website than one featuring supplements. The company corrected the infractions with a website makeover.

The company does have a customer service department to reach for support or problems with orders, but only during limited business hours.

Side Effects

A number of side effects have been reported by customers on Amazon.com. The most common symptoms appear to be constipation and bloating.

Other side effects include heartburn, nausea, dizziness, and chest pain. In response to these side effects, a company representative has stated that the side effects of bloating or diarrhea are caused by either not following instructions fully, or the die-off of bad bacteria in the system.

They say this is easily corrected by continuing to take the supplements to eliminate the bad bacteria from the body.

The Bottom Line

Plexus Slim is designed for consumers seeking a simple way to lose weight.

The cost to join is average for the industry and the compensation plan overall is decent. The products are a bit on the expensive side for most consumers, however.

The products are safe for diabetic consumers, contain no caffeine, and works as an appetite suppressant to be taken with water before meals. Some Plexus products and ingredients have gone through clinical trials to ensure consumer safety. Distributors receive a 50 percent commission on product sales.

The product is not guaranteed to help consumers lose weight. Consumers are advised to proceed with caution and investigate the company thoroughly for themselves before making a decision to invest in the business opportunity or the product line.

Those interested in distributing Plexus weight loss assistance products should be sure to understand the terms and conditions and the compensation plan.

Individuals considering using Plexus products should be sure to consult with a medical professional.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Jackie Girard
February 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I personally swear by these products myself and my family have had amazing results,, I have been using these products since 2016 and have been doing more of the business side of it since 2018.. I love seeing where I can create more possibilities for all those I speak to regarding health and well-being ...

PlexusIsAScam
December 31st, 2018 Eden Prairie, MN DETAILS

Total scam. Products are poison!! Complete rip off. Being an ambassador is like being in a cult. It’s disgusting. Products made me so sick! Your up line forbids you from posting your truth because it it doesn’t put Plexus in a positive light. Yes. Even the uplines lie about their health. Any idiot can walk in and be accepted. It shows. Most of the ambassadors are like crazed homeless people. And many are on disability! Wow. Great to know that social security covers overpriced crap. If you can sit on your lazy behind and “post” (copy and paste) content on fb, you can get a real job.

Cindy Lewis
October 22nd, 2018 Magnolia, AR DETAILS

Plexus has been a truly GOD send to me and my family. The products work for EVERYONE if they choose to do it correctly and consistently. The products are natural and are amazing. Our company is growing by leaps and bounds and people are messaging me every day wanting to be a part of it. This market is not even CLOSE to "saturated" as I saw someone put above. I meet people daily that haven't even heard of Plexus so I get to tell them about it. I have lost TONS of weight, my cholesterol is now awesome, no more insomnia, high blood pressure, autoimmune disease, or diabetes. My doctors are THRILLED!!!!! The products deliver what they say and the customer service is AHHHMAZING!!! 60 day empty bottle money back guarantee!

Amanda
October 15th, 2018 Prattville, AL DETAILS

Who wrote this? Because Plexus Slim wasn't designed as a simple way to lose weight. Anyone who is educated on the products and company would know that an endocrinologist designed Slim to help as an alternative to insulin for diabetics. Also, the side effects are from the Herxheimer reaction... This occurs when the body is properly releasing toxins and getting completely healthy from the inside out. After you go through it... You feel soooooo much better!!!!!! More than you could even imagine!

Dianne
September 10th, 2018 Waynesboro, VA DETAILS

I have been using Plexus supplements for 6 months and am thrilled with the results. I used to buy over-the-counter probiotics and vitamins and cleanses and nothing changed. I have noticed increased energy (without caffeine), no cravings for sweets, better bathroom issues, better sleep and so much more. I have never used any other all natural supplements that have given me such good results. I am a Plexus Ambassador and proud of it! I prefer all natural plant-based supplements to medications and doctor visits any day!

Christina
August 7th, 2018 Conroe, TX DETAILS

I signed on with them 2 times, both times found the products very overpriced, pink drink never worked for me and gave my husband kidney stones, they offer a good probiotic, but I found better for less. Some people make really good money, but to me... I never could keep customers because the product didn’t work

Laura Farnsworth
April 11th, 2018 Terrell, TX DETAILS

I was on the slim and vitalbiome ease and xfactor for about 8 months. I started having medical issues. I was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and liver damage. I consulted my primary prior to starting the products. She had nothing to say one way or another. My new doctor discovered my new conditions.

MLS Hubbard
April 11th, 2018 Emory, TX DETAILS

I started taking Plexus products in June 2017. While I did see loss of inches the effects did begin to plateau. In December my doctor told me although the Slim would help me lose weight, long term use would cause diabetes. I began to suffer with severe nausea in January 2018 so I got a second opinion and was told to stop the Slim. I'm now off of all the products and suffering with severe adrenal fatigue. My doctor said it was the effect of withdrawing from the products. My sister has just been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and liver damage from taking the Slim. Her ducts are dying. If you look on the diabetes council website, there is a study released in January 2018 that states that chromium as used in the Slim, has not been proven safe for long term use and is shown to cause kidney and liver damage. I see this happening. These products should be given through a medical provider not as a mlm.

Cheryl Bryson
February 6th, 2018 Corvallis, OR DETAILS

I started taking Plexus one year ago. I began my journey to "lose weight". It has done so much more for me than that. My health has improved. By working for this company, I not only reap the benefits of better health, but have gained more knowledge on the importance of Gut Health. Research the products, make an informed decision. Multi-marketing is not for everyone. It is not a get quick rich scheme. But, as any business owner understands, hard work will pay off. I would recommend this product to anyone. I even give the Probio5 to my dog and it has helped her. I don't work for this company to make a fortune, I work for this company because I believe the products can help your overall health.

Debbie
November 10th, 2017 DETAILS

Just fix the old review info. Yes there was an FDA letter to Plexus because they used words like inflammation on their website which FDA claims is a drug claim word. so they picked on these words that only drugs can claim to help, and that includes constipation. So supplements can only claim to cure occasional constipation -- it is very unfortunate that the FDA is more interested in drugs which have so many bad side affects as the only truth they want seen. Alternatives, esp. naturally sourced ingredients like Plexus one sees many chronic (oops, that is an FDA word claimed again) problems reverse as the body heals themselves.

Carolyn Reibel
November 8th, 2017 Yelm, WA DETAILS

I've been taking Plexus products for almost two years now. I have never felt better. The probiotics are the best I've found. Plexus is NOT a weight loss company! It's all about gut health. No mlm is perfect or is easy. I've been in others and have to say Plexus has the best comp plan of any!!! I have saved money by buying Plexus I use to buy ten to fifteen different supplements trying to feel better. Now only a few Differnt products I get it all. With easy ordering and fast delivery. With a 60 day money back guarantee how can you go wrong? Im Plexus for life!!

Cindy Boehm
November 1st, 2017 DETAILS

riday - for the health of it! I grew up in Minnesota with a house full of boys. I was active. I had to be if I wanted to hang out with my sports minded family. I grew up fighting to keep my weight in check. Staying active helped that. I grew up and moved to Washington. Still quite active. Hiking the mountains, speed walking the neighborhood, swimming every chance I got. Fast forward to 1998. Major surgery to rebuild & repair the damage to my left leg. Life was never the same. Over time many more surgeries. Many days in confined positions, and a few months in a wheelchair had left me fighting constant pain, weight gain and "can we all say it" aloud? Depression. I tried everything! Well not everything. I did not want to go under the knife again. When my neighbor and sweet friend suggested I try one more thing, I did NOT jump at the chance. I asked her questions though. I thought about it, watched her journey and then seriously, I prayed about it. The "it" is a company called Plexus. I decided, I've got nothing to loose. Right?! I was a rebel though. And I DON'T trust easily. I've been burned too many times. I tested the products by NOT going into diet mode immediately. Will it really help me loose weight? I did NOT exercise more. Will I still have pain? I did NOT go to bed earlier. Will it give me more energy? I did not know it could change my IBS symptoms or my diabetes, so... I didn't change my routine any. But something changed. I started to listen to my body. I was finally tired at night, therefore sleeping, and amazingly waking up earlier than I had in years! What? What was happening? I stopped drinking coffee and diet soda, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. My food intake cut itself in 1/2 and my cravings were NON-EXISTENT! Really! Suddenly I noticed, my IBS symptoms were down, way down. Have I lost weight? Yes and I'm still not in diet mode!!! I'm just listening to that very unfamiliar feeling of being satisfied. My A1C tests are coming back very close to normal. I should be off all meds by spring. Oh! And... pain! I used to take 2 Aleve in the morning & 2 at night. Yep a lot of Aleve. Too much really. Now? Now I only take a pain reliever when necessary. Which is not often at all. Am I glad I tried Plexus? I cannot tell you just how happy, content, energized, pain free I am! Depression? Good bye black cloud over my head. I'm a sunny funny girl again! Thank you God for Plexus and my friend Martha S for sharing this eye-opening product!

Amy Doss
August 18th, 2017 Madison, AL

Plexus has helped me when doctors, meds, & expensive but only mediocre supplements didn't. So many issues resolved. Plexus is here to stay & I stand behind them!

Jeff Anderson
August 2nd, 2017 Hotchkiss, CO

Chromium is called an "essential trace element" because very small amounts of chromium are necessary for human health. It is found in food. Yet half of the Plexus supplements contain the mineral Chromium. It's a major ingredient in some. Chromium can cause numerous side effects. Google "Chromium side effects" for more information.

Thomas Henry
July 23rd, 2017 LA

Its Practically impossible to increase sales and get new ambassadors to join in a saturated market. Plexus wont allow you to do any kind of selling other than face to face. It is hard to be successful once your area is saturated.

Julie underwood
July 12th, 2017 Weaverville, CA

This is an amazing company with great products and customer service. Their compensation plan and warranty are incredible. They stand behind their product 100%

Sheree Hollandsworth
July 5th, 2017 Springfield, MO

Positive results including no more chronic stomach pain or daily headaches. I had die off from the candida for a week but since then have felt amazing. I'm a RN, soon to be FNP and I trust these products. I order and my product is on my door in 2 days!!

Shaye Hengst
May 24th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

Plexus is NOT a weight loss company BUT a HEALTH & WELLNESS COMPANY that has amazing supplements that we need daily! I feel better in my 40s then I did in my 20s!! I will take Plexus for LIFE!! My GI MD also just joined me... he has been promoting probiotics for over 20 years and thinks ours is AMAZING!!!

Caitlyn
May 9th, 2017

Products are effective, plant based, and non GMO! These are all important to me. They are reasonably priced, shipping is super fast, and customer service is awesome! I once ordered the wrong product, I called customer service to see if I could have it switched. They sent me the product i needed AND told me to keep the one I misordered! The compensation plan is unmatched and this business model just makes sense.

Mike putnam
April 18th, 2017 Scottsbluff, NE

I was skeptical when my wife asked me if I cared if she ordered. I have always supported her so she ordered. So she had lost weight and inches gave up soda and felt much better overall with sleep, mood, energy etc. She wanted me to try them and I didn't want to or think I needed to but I did knowing the products ingredients. We have been taking Plexus products for over 2 years and don't plan to ever stop taking them. I have only gotten sick once in the two years vs. 3-4 times a year before Plexus. I gave up soda as well along with energy drinks. Just me kicking soda and energy drinks saves us enough to cover all our products! One last thing aside from what plexus has done for our health. My wife went to school for dental assisting and was an assistant for 12 years leaving her career as lead dental assistant. She never imagined or wanted to quit the career she loved but within a year she made more through this comp plan Plexus offered. The choice was simple, stay home with your kids and take part in so many things you never possibly could have before while working 40+ hrs a week. It has changed our lives in many ways!

Angela
March 9th, 2017 Hot Springs, SD

I have used these products for almost two years. It took a couple of weeks to feel a real difference. It does work for balance in my system. Sugars Hormones and inflammation. As a Sufferer of an auto immune disorder for over 20 years. I can honestly say I have never had such great results from any other product and or medications. As a product of these products I can say that I have seen many different people with many different health goals who really gave it a try succeed. Weight loss is a side affect of getting your body healthy. I have realized that shortly after starting the Slim ProBio5 and the Bio Cleanse. These products have changed my life and have literally given me back my life. I will continue using these products for life. Oh by the way I no longer take and medications. I love Plexus. I live again. Happy, Healthy and excited for each new day <3

Jodi Whitfield
February 13th, 2017 Hayden, ID

The products work and the company stands behind them. I am aging in reverse as far as how I feel and where I am with health issues. It's not a magic pill, but these products went above and beyond my expectations of just trying to curb my appetite and lose weight.

Brittany Snead
February 10th, 2017 Hurricane, WV

These products changed my life. They are not "weight loss" they are healthy lifestyle.

Heather Vincil
January 23rd, 2017 Springfield, VA

This review does not reflect the overall company of Plexus Worldwide. Plexus Worldwide is a Health and Wellness Company, not a weight loss company. The main focus is helping people become healthier primarily through a healthy gut. Plexus Slim helps with weight loss, however its main purpose is to help regulate blood sugar. Regulating blood sugar has a trickle down of effect of numberous positive health benefits. Some if details in this review are not accurate or up-to-date.

Jaclyn Stanley
January 16th, 2017

Life-changing products and an extremely generous comp plan!

Jennifer Collins Schnitker
December 8th, 2016 Lawrenceburg, IN

Plexus is a Christian company that supports their ambassadors and customers. They did go through some growing pains but have updated all of their operations to accommodate their ambassadors and their customers. Proud to be a Plexus Ambassador!

Audra Ritthaler
October 17th, 2016 Gillette, WY

I joined plexus in January of 2016. I never expected them to work. I have lost 63lbs. I cannot imagine my life without the products now. I will continue to take them as long as plexus is in business. Best I have felt in 20 years.

Nicole DePalma
October 15th, 2016

Plexus products are amazing & they work! They did significant things to improve several health issues I had. Only $34.95/yr to run your website & no monthly fees, welcome packs(extremely discounted products & training materials) are optional, no inventory to carry, not required to purchase products, we can get our wholesale price on everything we purchase & can even make commission on our own purchases. We no longer need a backup/autoship order in place to be commission qualified & our 60 day money back guarantee covers ambassadors as well now! Recently just had clinical studies done on the Slim & The Triplex combo & the results proved that they help people lose a lot more weight than those in the placebo groups! I love the no big upfront investment, no pressure, & no risk. Just a faith based company with an extremely generous comp plan, more training, guidance, & support than you will know what to do with, & a plexus team/family that cares about you & your success. I LOVE PLEXUS!

Amber Zeifang
October 7th, 2016 Hampstead, NC

Plexus has changed my life physically and financially. I've done other mlm's and plexus beats then all hands down. Physically I haven't felt this well for years. I'm so thankful for Plexus.

Lisa Stinnett
November 14th, 2016 Roanoke, TX

These products have changed my life. This company has taken into consideration the overall health and wellness of people. The customer service is top-notch.. Plexus has put in the time and knowledge to make this an awesome place to not only get healthy but to also include an amazing financial opportunity.

Cindy K Taylor
October 6th, 2016 Mineral Wells, TX

I love this company and these products. By far the top NM company I've ever seen!

Cassie Jo Edmondson
October 6th, 2016 Wichita Falls, TX

I love love love plexus!! The people in the company are amazing! Customer service is always helpful and works all of the kinks out anytime there is an issue!

Emilee
November 14th, 2016 Garland, TX

I absolutely love working plexus. We have SO many ways to get paid doing this. And we are helping others which is the biggest blessing of all!

Stephanie
October 5th, 2016 Heber Springs, AR

Plexus Worldwide is an amazing company with products and a comp plan that has forever changed the life of our family!!

Amanda Ledbetter
October 5th, 2016

Plexus makes everything super simple & believes in customer service in a way most other companies have long abandoned. Plus their products are amazing! I feel 20 years younger thanks to Plexus! I am also building a business (never been able to make money with any other MLM before), the Plexus compensation plan is above & beyond anything I've ever seen!

Mindy Catron
October 5th, 2016 Kansas City, MO

Plexus has given me my life back. Plagued with chronic pancreatitis, I no longer suffer the heartburn or nausea associated with this illness. My energy levels are unmatched and I know nothing but natural ingredients are going into my body. In regards to the auto-ship requirement, that has been removed as of October 2016. YAY PLEXUS!

LaRae Roberts
October 5th, 2016 Decatur, IL

60 day money-back guarantee that you don't have to even send anything back. Customer service that never questions you and is always helpful and polite. Products that literally saved my life! Being able to own and run a business for $34.95 a year. No sales quotas. Getting paid 11 different ways not counting the extra bonuses constantly. The honesty of the owners and the products. The natural ingredients and proven results. Knowing that I could easily cancel on my own no questions asked or fees, then decide to join back in 4 years and literally be placed right back in my same position above my same team even if they've grown and that means I rank up. This company NEVER ceases to amaze me in the very best way! Nearing my 2 year anniversary and I just love Plexus more and more each day!

Denise Burritt-Ross
September 28th, 2016 Fresno, CA

Love my plexus products and business. I'm a full believer these fet to the root of our health which is Gut Healthy Living!!!

J
September 24th, 2016 Simi Valley, CA

The highest quality ingredients. Changing the health of many people by way of prevention. Customer service has a 60-Day Money Back Guarantee for customers (not Ambassadors). Plexus Slim is not a weight loss product only. It also helps maintain level lipid, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels throughout the day. Where is the compensation plan on this review? It's amazing! It's the best MLM business I have found, and I have gotten around.

Claire Nakamura
June 27th, 2016 Honolulu, HI

Plexus Products have changed my overall health! Plexus is not a Weightless Product company but a Health & Wellness company. Over the last 2 and a half years, I have gotten healthier from the inside out and am healthier then I have ever been in more than 20 years!

Valerie Hall
June 23rd, 2016 Casselberry, FL

This company has exceeded my expectations in all areas in the almost 3 years I have been with them!

Pamela Howard
June 21st, 2016 Lynchburg, VA

I have been taking Plexus products for two months and have never felt better in my life. The people involved in the company are very supportive, energetic and have high integrity. The negatives listed above are inaccurate. Plexus is NOT a weight loss company. These products do so much more and have helped so many people. The compensation plan is awesome. They not only have Customer Service, they now have two selections; one for customers; one for ambassadors. They strive to be the best they can be!

steve fuller
June 20th, 2016 Post Falls, ID

Love the way I feel on the slim.

Anne Stanson Laurel
June 6th, 2016 Sacramento, CA

I started using Plexus in July 2015, joined as an ambassador to get the whole sale prices. No intention of doing business. I quickly realized how truly blessed to have found such an amazing product. I was one unhappy person in lots going on with my body. Plexus started changing my overall wellness in a short amount of time. Yes I use the product faithfully to get the best results as you should do with any product. But I had been through many and this for me has been the best. with no side effects and feeling healthier than I have in years. The company it's self has had some growing pains. But any company that is exploding does. They have fixed the issues of customer service, shipping and the website has been changed for the better with more to be added. This is a ground floor opportunity and if you are looking for a company that has learned to become great with their products, this is the choice you may want to make. I have been with several MLM companies and this has been the one and only I am going to stick with forever. I am a product of Plexus and will grow and be well with it. They give you far more than most to help you grow your own business. Take a second look if you passed it buy before. If the business isn't for you but you are looking for products that do what they say they will if taken as they should be, then you would be a great candidate to use these products.

Valerie Michelle Turner
May 31st, 2016 Greenbrier, TN

This is the best MLM I have ever worked for. The products are effective and helpful. The network of consultants are helpful and gracious. All around proud to be a part of Plexus.

Pamela MacNeille
May 17th, 2016 Dekalb, IL

Of ALL of the MLM companies that I have signed on with (and there have been A LOT) this company actually delivered on it's promises. It provided an EXCELLENT product and wait for it...... actually PAID me the 2nd month I started! Of ALL of the other MLM companies, I did not have to carry a stockpile product or spend money that was going nowhere! I cannot express how happy I am that I am a part of this fantastic company!

RJ
May 12th, 2016 House Springs, MO

Great products that have helped my with multiple symptoms the past year.

Vanessa s
April 13th, 2016 Goodland, MN

Products actually work. The business is awesome as well. They pay 50% of profit to their Ambassadors.

Chrissy R
April 7th, 2016 Lititz, PA

Awesome products! Phenomenal business opportunity! Best decision I've ever made!!

Jane
April 4th, 2016 Brooklyn, IA

Awesome products, phenomenal opportunity and a compensation plan that is second to none!