Doris Christopher in her home's basement founded The Pampered Chef in 1980. The company sold kitchenware at social events where a homemaker would demonstrate the items and sell them. The popularity of the products picked up during the late 1980s and 1990s.

The company had its global foothold expanded in the late 1990s, picking up markets in Canada, the UK, and Germany. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway firm picked up the company in 2002. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool was appointed as the company's CEO. Here are some facts about Pampered Chef

• Products: The company sells professional-level tools for cooking and entertaining in the home. The website carries more than 500 products at any given time with around 90 percent of the products carrying the Pampered Chef brand name.
  • Product Testing: Pampered Chef maintains numerous test kitchens aimed at developing strategies, recipes, and other resources that support their line of products in the kitchen. A staff of trained professionals edit, develop, and test more than 400 recipes per year.
  • Distribution of Products: Items can be purchased three ways: through a consultant, through a home party, directly ordered on the website.
  • Direct Sales Structure: There are eight career levels, the lowest being a Pampered Chef consultant, and the highest being a National Executive Director.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9
#3 doTERRA chevron_right

The Good

• Ordering Options for Customers
  • Perks for Hosts and Consultants
  • Commissions
  • Support from Senior Consultants

Ordering Options for Customers

Pampered Chef makes it easy to get access to their products. We found that, in the MLM industry, often, clients could only get items through a consultant. There are three ways to get Pampered Chef products:

• Through a consultant.
  • Host a Pampered Chef Party
  • Order the products online on their website.

Perks for Hosts and Consultants

Pampered Chef parties can be beneficial to the host. Here are some of the perks that are associated with setting up a Pampered Chef Party:

• Free select products from the Pampered Chef catalog.
  • Half-price on certain items and discounted products.
  • 10 percent off on items on the Pampered Chef website.

The Pampered Chef also has some great deals for a consultant:

• $4000+ in monthly sales: 25 percent
  • $2500-$3999 in monthly sales: 24 percent
  • $1250-$2499 in monthly sales: 23 percent
  • $750-$1249 in monthly sales: 22 percent
  • $1-$749 in monthly sales: 21 percent

Commissions

Consultants also pick up a good share of commissions for hosting parties. Here is the commission that you can make for hosting parties:

• Two Cooking Shows/week = more than $850*/month
  • Three Cooking Shows/week = more than $1,300*/month
  • Four Cooking Shows/week = more than $1,800*/month

Support from Senior Consultants

One of the things that we liked about Pampered Chef was the training that was provided by veteran consultants. Many senior consultants will provide in-person meetings on a weekly basis for new consultants.

Also, many of the consultants worked one-on-one with their new consultants in their area.

Another positive aspect of Pampered Chef was the opportunity to grow in the company in a sales position. There are five director positions with the company, and Senior Executive/National Directors can easily make upwards of six figures per year depending upon the sales in their respective regions.

The Bad

• Lack of New Leads
  • Over-Saturation in Some Markets

Lack of New Leads

New sales consultants are going to have a difficulty finding new leads due to the fact that Pampered Chef has been around for so long. Newer generations are not as interested in the products that Pampered Chef offers to customers.

Over-saturation in Some Markets

Since Pampered Chef has been around for so long, there are some areas that are over-saturated with sales consultants. If a new sales consultant finds themselves in an over-saturated market, it may be extremely difficult to find new customers to sell to.

The Bottom Line

We would recommend Pampered Chef for the sales consultant or the individual who wanted to host a Pampered Chef Party. Here is what we liked about Pampered Chef:

• The "freebies" and discounts that came with being a Pampered Chef host. The revenue generated by your Pampered Chef party determines the number of discounted, free, and special merchandise items that you can receive from the Pampered Chef catalog.
  • While the market is a little bit inundated with consultants, it's pretty easy to move up in the sales hierarchy if you host a lot of parties and reach out to people to push the product.
  • The quality and affordability of most items are excellent. Pampered Chef lists their prices on their website and even will set you up with a Pampered Chef consultant.
  • Pampered Chef has several test kitchens where they create recipes, cooking strategies, and other resources that directly support their kitchen products.

There were a few detractors in the company for consultants:

• The difficulty of securing new leads.
  • The high price of a startup kit for doing your own business (there are sales conditions required to receive the rebate on the starter kit).
  • The effort required for sustaining sales leads and hosting parties.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

bailey jo
October 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Love their products. As often as I can, I get all my kitchen products from them. They are super durable and very easy to take care of.

October 10th, 2019 DETAILS

Love there pans have a few stone wear items but the half sheet and large pan was my most recent purchase had a medium sheet from the last party that I loved so much that I had to replace my other pans.

ave
October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love Pampered Chef's cooking products and like to use their cookbooks from easy to prepare recipes. They have a nice return policy if something doesn't work well and the party format is fun to get friends together to cook and eat.

Virginia Rosenthal
October 8th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I went to a friend's party and bought some kitchen stuff. There was a lot of assortment and cute things to buy. The price was higher than what I could find elsewhere so I never bought again.

Sarah Watters
October 7th, 2019 Quinlan, TX DETAILS

Pampered Chef has the absolute best kitchen and cooking products. I was a consultant over 20 years ago and earned all of the stoneware and cookware (among other things) and they are all still going strong TO THIS DAY. I highly recommend Pampered Chef to everyone.

Jaime
October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Pampered Chef is one of my favorite places to shop for kitchen items. They are high quality and last for a long time. The food chopper is probably my favorite product, but there are so many others that I use daily!

Kristiane R Durfey
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love the Pampered Chef products. I don't love to cook but their stuff makes cooking easier for me. Love their rubber spatulas and have a bunch of different serving spatulas but my favorite is the cookie scoopers. Have 2 different sizes and use them both weekly.

Rosann Stanko
June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

I have a lot of pampered Chef products. I wish it was easier to find a consultant so that I could look through the catalog and order or replace some of my products. I do like the ones I’ve bought, especially the pizza stone. They are a bit pricey.

Natalie Prestwich
June 6th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT DETAILS

When I was engaged my in-laws threw me a pampered chef bridal shower so I got lots of kitchen necessities from there. I love it all! They are great quality and they have a good guarantee (3-5 years I believe) for each item. Some of my most favorite pampered chef things I own are my pizza stone (so amazing!), my Dutch oven pot, my liquid measuring cups, and my spatulas. My husband and I both enjoy cooking and baking so we are in the kitchen a lot and it’s nice to have good quality gadgets that I can count on to get the job done.

Liana
May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

Love their products. Actually way better cookware than the run of the mill stuff you can buy from Walmart or other places.

BLF
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love their cooking products. I have several items in my kitchen that I use all the time and they have lasted forever. I use their spatulas, cooking microwave bowls, roller, and chopper. The chopper hasn't held up as well as everything else. The outside plastic doesn't hold up very well.

Neal Tiemann
January 29th, 2019 DETAILS

The quality of the products themselves is great. But the overriding reason this company is so good, is the Consultant's connection to their customer. Even if your Consultant is no longer in business, the company helps you directly. They have a fabulous Customer Service Dept. and they honor BEYOND the listed guarantee on products! It's like working with a really good relative if ever there is a problem! And their catalog shows 3 levels of business start-up cost options, and they are SUPER reasonable!!

Lynette Fowler
June 1st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I like their products and enjoy learning new recipes at their parties.

Lindsey
December 5th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I really enjoy my pampered chef products! I think it ranks average among other brands though, nothing too special about their products, but they do work and last for a long time.

Aubrey Rentschler
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been impressed by their products, but get annoyed by the pushy sales people.

Ginger Pearl
January 4th, 2017 Standish, ME

Having my party virtually throught Facebook verses in my home has been phenomenal I am able to invite all of my friends regardless of where they live

August 28th, 2016 Manchester, CT

Constantly very very pushy ans rude over not responding a txt at 10 pm . Changing recepi few times and asking for ingredients that were not in the initial list. Refusing to let me cancel the party. No boundaries what so ever

Cindy
July 19th, 2016 Oswego, IL

I have ordered Pampered Chef several times in the last few years. I absolutely love the product and my consultant. She always gives her customers a heads up when outlet sales are happening and when new product is dropping in! Thank you Carrie Blake for being an awesome consultant and now friend!!

Christie Rainwater
June 24th, 2016 Goose Creek, SC

I have been on both the customer and consultant side of Pampered Chef. They sell some of the most amazing kitchen products on the market that last forever! The key is finding a good consultant and holding on tight to him/her. The personalized service makes it even better.