Founded in Norway in 1994, Norwex is a cleaning products company in the multi-level marketing industry. Norwex’s mission is to “improve the quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes.”

The company’s flagship product is an antimicrobial ultra-microfiber cloth that helps consumers clean their homes without the use of dangerous chemicals. The company also manufactures and distributes several other cleaning tools and products, as well as a few personal care products. Norwex distributes its product line through over 60,000 independent distributors worldwide.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9
#3 doTERRA chevron_right

The Good

• High-Quality Products
  • Ability to Earn Free Starter Kit
  • Commissions and Incentives
  • Affordable Prices

High-Quality Products

Norwex integrates silver particles into its synthetic microfiber cloth, which features self-purification properties that wipe out mold, fungi, and bacterial odor within 24 hours so that the cloth is ready to use again quickly.

The microfiber can hold up to seven times its weight in matter.

Ability to Earn Free Starter Kit

Independent distributors have the ability to earn their company starter kit for free within the first 90 days if they generate a total of $2,000 in qualified sales within that time period.

Distributors who do not meet this goal will be charged $200 plus applicable taxes for the starter kit. Norwex's starter kits feature several company products and miscellaneous business supplies.

Commissions and Incentives

Distributors have the ability to earn 35 percent commission and generous monthly incentives. They are also eligible to receive $300 in free products of their choice for each new qualified personal recruit.

Norwex provides new distributors with upline sponsors, monthly recorded training webinars, and business education at regional meetings and annual conferences.

Affordable Prices

Ranging from $4.99 to $112.99, Norwex's products are affordably priced.

Additionally, the company offers consumers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee with full refunds or exchanges for damaged or defective products returned within 60 days of purchase.

Norwex also offers a 2-year warranty on its microfibers that covers any issues outside of normal wear and tear. Product orders are shipped by the company within 48 hours and delivered directly to customers within a week.

The Bad

• Possible Negative Environmental Impact
  • Limited Sales and Marketing Training
  • Sales Minimums
  • No Clear Details on Compensation Plan

Possible Negative Environmental Impact

A study performed at the University of Wisconsin-Madison by the pharmaceutical science division revealed that exposure to micro silver, which is found in Norwex products, either severely mutated or killed zebrafish embryos.

The researchers also discovered that micro silver had negative effects on the microbes used at waste treatment plants. However, it is important to keep in mind that these scientific studies are not well developed.

Limited Sales and Marketing Training

While Norwex states that it provides sales and products training, there is no detailed information available regarding what is taught to new distributors.

Advanced sales and marketing skills are key assets in the multi-level marketing industry, so distributors who do not have backgrounds in these areas may be at a disadvantage.

Sales Minimums

Independent distributors are required to sell at least $250 worth of product every three months in order to maintain an active status with Norwex.

No Clear Details on Compensation Plan

Norwex does not offer transparent details regarding its compensation plan on its corporate website. Additionally, it appears that the company has not published any income disclosure statements, so it's unclear how much money independent distributors make each year.

The Bottom Line

Norwex is a cleaning products company that has been in operation for over four years. Distributors are given the opportunity to earn their initial starter kit for free if they are able to generate $2,000 in qualified sales within 90 days. Distributors also have the ability to earn 35 percent commission and other financial incentives.

However, new scientific studies have discovered possible negative environmental impacts of micro silver, an ingredient used in Norwex products. Additionally, Norwex only offers limited sales and marketing training and requires its distributors to hit quarterly sales minimums in order to maintain active status.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

4.8

Brooklyn May
July 11th, 2019 Logan, UT

I love cleaning with Norwex rags. They clean perfectly and awesome how you don’t have to use cleaner. Streak and lint free and it’s awesome.

Breanne Stanko
July 9th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

I love cleaning with their rags. They are so gentle when cleaning. And the one that’s good for mirrors etc are perfect! Streak free! Love how you don’t have to use chemicals with them!

Terra Stanko
July 8th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

Norwex rags are my favorite to clean with. They get the job done with no chemicals. Safe on wood furniture and they don't scratch or leave lint when cleaning a mirror. Little pricey but 100% worth every penny. The rags last a very long time as well.

matthew
July 1st, 2019 Logan, UT

my mom insists we use their rags when cleaning. they work really well and clean perfectly. mess free and chemical free as well.

Whitney Stanko
June 28th, 2019 Smithfield, UT

Great rags to clean with. Love how you don't use chemicals with them and can just use water. Very helpful when wanting to do a fast clean and not have chemicals. Also love the rag that works for fingerprints on iPhones, windows and mirrors.

Rosann Stanko
June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

The products that I bought were pricey and the paste that is supposed to remove dirty areas did not work as I was told. It was also a pain to have to boil the cloths to have them work again.

Rachel
June 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I was a customer for 5 years before recently signing up as an Independent Sales Consultant. Their contract is very clear and easy to read. The compensation is quite clear. I love that they don't stress or emphasize a recruiting base in their income plan. Yes, you earn more as you recruit. But, most income is based on product sales. The compensation plan is one of the easiest ones I've ever looked into. As a new consultant, I had so many training opportunities, I couldn't keep up! I am coached by the person who I signed up under and her leader. They hold regular training meetings as a team and offer sales strategies and product training. In addition, there are regular new consultant trainings offered online from Norwex. There are bi-monthly podcasts and monthly all consultant calls. There are numerous, well done videos on product demonstration and information. The business software is well worth the investment. It tracks all my sales as well as my customers. And, they include access to Sqweee in their optional upgrades business suite. That gives me more tools for selling from home. The products themselves are amazing. I've used my original cloth for 5 years and it still does exactly what I was told it would do. I have saved money and time in my personal life by using these products. I have found the advertising done by Norwex to be completely honest and accurate. And they do share research and lab results with their consultants. Their cloths are backed by a two year warranty. Use and care instructions are given in every shipment and emphasized by consultants so customers can get the most out of their purchases. I have not seen any further studies on negative environmental effects of the Norwex products. So, some more investigation on this statement would be helpful. I know Norwex would be watching these studies as well. The company truly does care for the environment. I love that the company is trying to help the environment one household at a time instead of trying to force people through government regulation. Norwex offers real solutions to some really hard changes that can be made to positively influence our environment as well as help families truly save time and money in the long run. The savings I have experienced have come from not purchasing the products the Norwex products replace. As both a customer and a consultant. I have been very impressed with Norwex.

Cassidy Gundersen
December 19th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Norwex is one of the only MLM’s that I would trust. Their products are clean and effective and are perfect if you are a bit of a hippie like me. They treat their employees well- the only problem that I have is it is WAY overpriced.

Jacinda E
December 19th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I like the products that I have bought from them and would like to try some of their cleaning products

Lindsey
December 5th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS

LOVE my Norwex products. They work exactly how they advertise. I have the dusting mitt and some of the wash cloths. Follow the directions, and your products will work perfectly for you.

Becky
October 26th, 2017 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I love the products. They do what they claim they will do and work really well. Customer service is fast and great to work with on the rare occasion I had to call and the consultants are great to work with.

SYLVIA ANDERSON
July 12th, 2017

I have been using Norwex products for 2 yrs now and love them. The comany offers training for sales and products. Great customer service that responds promptly.

Julie Goodhue
November 30th, 2016 Hale, MI

I was a customer before I signed on for the discount/commission for the last 3 years. Never have a I found a more trustworthy company to share my name with. I have used all the products for the last 3 years and it keeps getting better. Please cite the date and source for the UW Madison study listed above or remove it, as I cannot find it anywhere.

Lisa Baldwin
November 16th, 2016

Norwex has provided me with a healthy safe way to clean with an easy to find customer base also makes for a great home business. Products are easily demonstrated on line and at home and the compensation plan is out of this world! I've never been happier!! I love meeting people and and confident the products I share are of great quality!

Carolyn M
April 4th, 2016

If you care about your health and our environment then you'll love their product line, no doubt! I will forever be a Norwex customer.