Modere is an online multi-level marketing company that officially opened its doors in 2015. Modere products include lines in health and wellness, collagen sciences, household products, and personal care products.

The company sells its wares heavily on social media websites through independent representatives called Social Marketers. The company claims its products are safe and non-toxic and never tested on animals.

The formulas used to design the products have been tested and used by consumers for over 25 years. Modere is a re-launch of the $300 million network marketing company Neways International. Modere's corporate headquarters are located in Springville, Utah. The company recently opened a manufacturing facility that is completely wind-powered.

Read customer Modere reviews

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9
#3 doTERRA chevron_right

The Good

• Become a Social Marketer
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Product Variety
  • Realistic Weight Loss Strategy
  • Environmentally Friendly
  • Perks and Rewards
  • Promoter Career Path

Become a Social Marketer

With the MLM business model, individuals may join the company as a Social Marketer for $49.99 with the idea of eventually earning residual income.

Distributors mainly use social marketing to advertise and sell the product line. Retail commissions range greatly on product purchases from both customers and downline.

These include rank advancement bonuses, monthly selling rewards, breakout bonuses, unilevel bonuses, leadership bonuses, and residual unilevel commissions on both affiliate and retail volume.

Money-Back Guarantee

Modere offers a full range of household, personal care, and nutritional supplements products. Modere offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee within 30 days. Loyal customers are invited by the company to purchase the Modere Beauty Box. This monthly subscription box contains a full range of the company's high-quality products.

Product Variety

Modere sells a variety of products that will allow distributors to appeal to a larger market of buyers. Their offerings range from household products to wellness supplements to personal care and grooming products.

Some of Modere's most popular lines include their biocell collagen line and their weight management line. The Modere CellProof Serum is an anti-aging serum that is one of the primary draws toward Modere, and the Modere Burn weight loss supplements are another popular product. A full listing of all household and wellness products is available on Modere's customer website.

Realistic Weight Loss Strategy

Compared to the claims and restrictions of some other MLM dietary supplements, the Modere M3 Body System is slightly more realistic. Modere encourages lifestyle changes in conjunction with its weight management products, and weight loss is meant to occur at a modest rate over a period of a few months.

Environmentally-Friendly

The company states that it takes a stand against potentially harmful ingredients. Therefore, their product line contains no PEGS, SLS, phthalates, or parabens — only healthy, safe ingredients.

The product packaging is environmentally-friendly and 100 percent recyclable. Honesty, safety, and transparency are the company's highest values. An in-house Lifestyle Advisory Board evaluates and reviews product ingredients and makes recommendations on a yearly basis.

The company also has a blog on their website with articles featuring product information and advice for consumers.

Perks and Rewards

Customers can receive free rewards and perks for shopping with Modere.

People receive one point for every dollar they spend and one point for every review they leave. These points can be used for free shipping, birthday gifts, product samples, and more. Plus, customers get the opportunity to win one-of-a-kind Modere Experiences. Winners for these experiences are chosen monthly.

Typical Lifestyle Experiences include personal stylists, spa days, skydiving adventures, and VIP concert tickets.

Customers can also share a personalized message regarding their Modere experience with family and friends along with a special code and receive a $10 credit when those individuals make their first purchase. Consumers who purchase over $75 in products are eligible for free shipping and handling.

Promoter Career Path

While many multi-level marketing companies require you to have a downline before receiving any commissions, distributors can be compensated through two Modere career paths: the Social Marketer Builder path and the Social Marketer Promoter path.

The Builder path rewards building a downline of distributors; the Promoter path rewards sales to customers. This means that you theoretically would not have to recruit a downline to earn with Modere.

The Bad

• Website Lacks Information
  • Program Requirements
  • Lawsuits
  • 32% of Active Social Marketers Make No Revenue

Website Lacks Information

The business opportunity could be better explained on the company's most accessible, consumer-facing website.

There are very few reviews available from past customers online, which is something you would expect from a company that promotes heavily through well-trafficked social media websites on the internet.

It is difficult to ascertain how well the company handles complaints and support issues.

Program Requirements

While the basic affiliate membership is affordable enough, Social Marketers are strongly encouraged to purchase larger packages, such as the Plus package for $499.99 or the Ultimate for $699.99. This entitles the distributor to earn from all areas of the compensation plan.

As mentioned, there are two ways to earn commissions: through Social Marketer Builder and Social Marketer Promoter career paths. According to Modere's 2019 U.S. Compensation Plan, distributors are  required to maintain 150 AV or 75 MP SmartShip (Modere's autoship program) monthly to qualify for commissions for either career path.

To advance above the rank of Consultant for the Social Marketer Builder Title, you must recruit at least one leg to your business, and they must be qualified as active for you to receive monthly compensation for ranks of Senior Consultant and above.

In Modere's 2017 income disclosure statement, the company claims that no compensation is made solely through recruitment, but Modere does have several bonuses dedicated to kickbacks from downline sales such as the Monthly Team Builder Bonuses, Generational Unilevel Bonuses, and Leadership Development Bonuses. There is clear incentive to recruiting a downline.

The startup cost and monthly AV/MP requirements combined with low commission percentages require independent distributors to maintain high sales volumes. Individuals new to the multi-level marketing industry will find it hard to succeed.

Lawsuits

Modere has been sued three times since its opening.

In 2016, another company selling wellness products with MLM opportunity, Neurim, sued Modere because it claimed the company was stealing its marketers and customers.

In 2017, another multi-level marketing company called Advocare sued Modere for a similar issue of Modere allegedly poaching representatives from Advocare.

In 2018, a former Modere distributor sued Modere for breach of contract, common law fraud, money had and received, unjust enrichment, fraudulent inducement, among other charges. The suit was dismissed with prejudice.

32% of Active Social Marketers Make No Revenue

According to Modere's 2017 income disclosure statement, 32% of active Social Marketers receive no revenue annually. Distributors were considered active if they were newly enrolled during the cited four-month period of the study or if they “made at least one product purchase or earned any commission,” meaning figures could be even lower for Social Marketers who were unable to earn commission and were excluded from this income disclosure data.

Recruiting a downline is how distributors typically earn passive income from an MLM opportunity, but these figures suggest that passive income will not be achievable for a sizable percent of distributors.

The tier above the bottom 32% made up 17% of active distributors and earned $106 annually. The next rank made up another 17% and earned approximately $313 annually. Overall, that's 66% of distributors averaging $313 or less anually. Considering the startup costs for Modere, these annual earnings are low. Prospective distributors should be aware that they might not make a profit on their investment.

The Bottom Line

Modere is a household and personal care product company with similarities to Amway. The online multi-level marketing company is a relaunch of Neways International with a heavy focus on advertising through the use of social media. It is committed to taking a strong stand against potentially harmful chemicals. The company has a wide range of products.

Customers are able to earn reward perks and the company has a full 30-day money-back guarantee. Distributors are offered numerous ways to earn income through retail sales, referrals, and several bonus programs.

However, commission percentages are low, and independent distributors are required to maintain monthly personal volume requirements. Modere's income disclosure statement suggests that a large percentage of Social Marketers will not see an annual return on their investment.

For these reasons, Modere is not a recommended multi-level marketing business opportunity at this time.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

3.9

rene a spires

January 16th, 2020 Raeford, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started with Modere products and was Skeptical like most are..I was shocked when the weight started dropping. I am thankful I took pictures and measurements ... I will continue and I love the chocolate and the coconut lime. My favorites. I have now joined as a business representative as it only made sense after such amazing results. I have had such great results I have people asking me daily what I am doing. I also hear that my hair looks soft and silky.. some even want to touch it. Others comment on my skin. I have noticed many difference in my body,hair, nails, emotions, and energy. Oh and more importantly my joints. I had to stop running years ago because my knee got so bad. I couldn't even hike any more. This was depressing.. now I am hiking and have jogged a little just testing the old knee out. I am loving my life again and it is because of their products. You can find me on Facebook if you want more information. Rene Matheny- Spires

Stephanie

December 6th, 2019 Davenport, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a direct sales Consultant for 8 years with 6 different companies. This is the ONLY company That DOES NOT require you to recruit to promote. Your review stating that you have to have an active consultant under you is false. There are several ways to earn through them, how you choose to do it is up to you. They have hours and hours worth of training on demand and their mentoring is outstanding. You are well supported. You cannot just go to the website and find this stuff out, they don't just give it away. It is a completely separate site than the customer website on purpose.

Sandra Gill

October 17th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not purchase products from this company. This is an online company that has a poorly designed smart ship program and does not honour its own mistakes. I was charged $330.00 two months in a row notwithstanding I was billed for products I did not order. They also lied to me when they said that they listened to my tape recording. I specifically requested that these items be removed on my smart ship order of Life Biocell but instead I was told that I specially asked them to continue putting this on my smart ship.

Barbi

October 10th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am definitely not a fan of this company, I purchased the Modere Trim (chocolate) and the supplement that is recommended with it and took it as recommended and it did nothing, except cause stomach issues. After I stopped taking it I went back to normal and even lost some weight. This stuff is junk, and the taste does not taste at all like brownie batter as I had read from a rep. Don't waste your money on this.

October 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LBSS line love it trim every morning in my logic coffee with a protein shake. Burn in the morning noon and night, and don’t forget that probiotic sugar packet before bed. Ty for the amazing product you make. The biocell chew I tried but no thanks to hard on my teeth but everything else so far is spot on.

Laurel Herring

August 1st, 2019 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a SM with Modere for just over 2 years now. I do not think this report is accurate because we offer a TON of training, however you don't see it because unlike typical MLM's we do not promote that on our actual websites, only available in the back office. Also I have never done NWM before and I have consistently made money month over month for the past 2 years. Customer service is my favorite department because they always fix the issue the best they can.

Jane G

July 29th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You may like to adjust the "bad" rating for Modere re information on its business model. As Modere is heavily focused on genuine retail customers, its product only website does NOT refer to business in any way, thereby allowing a customer to have a safe and genuine customer experience. Any social marketer or the company can direct you to a completely different website which has all the information and training related to its social retail business model. I believe the business training and tools now offered by Modere, which includes a very comprehensive App, leads the way in the direct sales industry. The products do what they say and in the 20+ years I've been with the company, I am yet to find another company that pays as good commissions as Modere's model.

jennifer

November 30th, 2018 Bolivar, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought the trim, burn, and three day detox. I already live a healthy lifestyle. I just needed a little extra help losing a few pounds and getting an energy boost. Not only did this product not give me energy, I could take a nap right after taking the burn vitamins, I gained 8 pounds. I contacted customer service and was told that it was weight from water being retained. They also told me to purchase another two month supply. This was not water weight and when I asked for a refund they told me I was past my 30-day trial. Needless to say I would not recommend this product in the 30-day money-back guarantee is very sneaky.

Kristen brewer

November 29th, 2018 Townville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I Love the products. Thy are affordable also.

Amy Hammond

August 14th, 2018 Peyton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have worked with several companies in my career with direct sales. I came to Modere because they had the right combination of things that are important to me. - Company Integrity - Amazing Customer Service, including a no hassle warranty and friendly staff - Company Culture - Quality Products I can be proud of as a certified health coach - A compensation plan that rewards both types of business builders. If they want to focus on Social Retail, or team building...they can win and make an amazing income either way! This was important to me, because not everyone is equally good at both. Most often we are strong on one area, over another. So either way someone can join Modere to build a business that fits their talents and abilities. I'm proud to be a Social Marketer with Modere! Definitively give this a solid look with the person who introduced you to it!

Betty E Misener

July 30th, 2018 Washington, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Who did this research? I totally disagree with what they described as the bad side. I have been using products for 18 months. They are the absolute best and they work! I dropped 4 sizes in 6 months and I did not change how I ate and did not work out . The only start up required is $39.99. Products are optional but if you like them of course you will order them. They have tons of training, a life app with training videos and customer videos and the pay is great too! This is not a good review in my opinion. Because of the HUGE growth of this company the customer service was overwhelmed for awhile. They answer every single question in depth about ingredients and where they come from, they are very helpful and process refunds within a few days after they receive the products back. I have only had 1 return out of more than 100 orders and she was expecting unrealistic results. Thus is a near perfect company and deserves a much better review.

Melanie

June 26th, 2018 Arlington, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Modere customer service is AWFUL!!! I needed to return a product due to my doctor taking me off all caffeine. Held for almost two hours for an agent. Never answered. Opted for the call back service, no one called me back. After 30 minutes, finally got an online agent and as soon as I said I needed the RMA number to return my product, the agent TJ, stopped responding to me. Horrible!!

Karen Senecal

March 16th, 2018 Dunnellon, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I started with Modere in May 2017 as a social marketer. I quickly gained many clients and have managed to keep them for all this time. At first the money was wonderful but then in November they changed the pay criteria and my earnings were cut in half., It's so sad because the Biocell products are wonderful and they really do work but I no longer care to spend my time encouraging others to sign up . I think some one else hit the nail on the head when they said its a start up for some to make a lot of $$ and let us social marketers do all their work for them.

Darcy Bentley

January 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been Social Marketers with Modere for a little over a month and LOVE the products and business model! We have grown a nice size business and have profited more in a month than we every would have expected. Ocer 1000% growth in canada in 2017. Look out 2018!!! Customer service is amazing too!

Tasha

November 8th, 2017 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I saw a complaint from someone about a social marketer sharing their results that were not from Modere. I must state that every company has dishonest people in it and that is not a reflection of the company. That's a reflection of the person. I just recently joined Modere and I am so blown away by the simple training system, the comp plan being set up in a way that allows you to make a substantial amount of money from the customer side or the team building side (with anything worth having though it takes effort), and the products rate extremely high through the EWG website, which is the organization that puts out the dirty dozen and clean 15 list every year. Because of that proof, I feel good about sharing their products.

Bonnie Smith

October 24th, 2017

Their promoters are using MY results that were NOT from this product without my permission & continue to do so even after being asked to remove their posts!

Angela

August 23rd, 2017

I have been with Modere for 4 months. I was first a customer and I love the products so much in needed to get on board. Amazing products, great customer support, tons of training in the back office, and weekly conference calls, great compensation. I agree with "Ben from Aug 22nd, 2016" I suggest another review of the companies information..

Chris Longhurst

August 14th, 2017

As a re-launch of a company that itself evolved from another breakaway; one has to wonder if this is just another short term gain for a select few who get in early and stitch up their family and acquaintances. I'll be interested to see if they are making this much noise in a year's time.

sandy silver

June 20th, 2017 Houston, TX

I've been with Modere for 3 months now. Love their products, their customer service and their payscale. I've made more money in 3 months than i ever made on other MLMs combined

Colleen Christiansen

May 12th, 2017

As always. Nothing is as it seems. Having a few follow a typical diet with modest restrictions makes the user feel like it's the product and not the dietary modifications. You become a vocal spokesperson for the product even though it has little to do with your success. It's mind games at best.

Clyde

April 12th, 2017

Modere has a site for customers separate from the business side. The back office is complete and in depth with great training and great support. They way Modere is doing business is a far better system for leading with contribution and anyone can do this part time or spare time. The greatest thing that customers are just as important as the people working the business side.

Thomas

December 26th, 2016 Tampa, FL

Modere has a very in depth back office for all people willing to give this low cost business a go. You don't have to go through cold calling, this is a much more in depth social media marketing platform that can be taken further into online marketing... Modere is newer in the USA and has greater room for growth compared to Melaleuca and many of the other health and wellness or chemical free product lines.

Kerry Gaynor

November 30th, 2016

I was reluctant to join at first, but I am so glad I did. Use code 527504 when registering an account and get a FREE £/$10.00 to spend off your first order. Happy shopping...

Ellen Bendin

November 25th, 2016

I just signed up with Modere as the new Social Retailing makes it superior to any MLM out there and the products are SAFE. It is not true what is written about training. There is always an up-line, there are webinars, there is lots of info and support in the back office, and heaps on social media - bad research I would say.

Malinda Hitt

September 26th, 2016 Calhoun City, MS

Very helpful info.

Ben

August 22nd, 2016

Modere has a fantastic range of products that exceed the quality of many others on this site. Most have been reformulated in recent times to improve value and performance. We use the products and promote the business. The business opportunity is solid, and the compensation plan allows steady building of your business while realising financial benefit along the way. The article needs reviewing as some items stated are not correct and are outdated. I'd suggest your own review of the company information which is readily available online. For example, there is no requirement to recruit someone each month and no autoship requirement. The starter kit is essential so you can become immersed in the company and receive benefit from them yourself :)

Hilary Cowan

May 6th, 2016

I have been using your probiotic for my very sick husband and cannot thank you enough for this product. He has had numerous hospital stays for bowel problems in the past, but since using this has had no more problems. Thank you very much it is marvellous and works fast.