Melaleuca

Melaleuca Logo

6.6

Melaleuca

Over 500 health, beauty, and cleaning products to choose from.

Melaleuca is an international health and wellness company headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho. CEO, Frank Vandersloot started with the company in 1985 selling the tea tree oil, Melaleuca. Thus, the company was named after the Melaleuca Alternifolia tea tree. The Melaleuca business model eliminates middlemen and reduces marketing and distribution costs through operating with direct sales system. The company manufactures and sells its hundreds of personal-care/wellness products and household products directly to the consumer through catalogs and online marketing tactics, enabling them to spend more on scientific and product research. The mission statement reads, "Enhancing the lives of those we touch by helping people reach their goals." As a unique multi-level marketing company, consumers may find wellness products as well as a home-based business opportunity through Melaleuca.

The Good

• Large Array of Products
  • Environmentally Safe Products
  • Money-back Guarantee

Large Product Selection

Melaleuca's product line includes over 500 nutritional supplements, personal-care products, and foods to help people keep themselves healthy and, in some cases, lose weight. Melaleuca products also include home cleaning and cosmetics.

Environmentally Safe Products

Melaleuca offers environmentally safe and natural cleaning products for the home. The non-toxic products last longer than traditional products purchased in stores due to their concentrated nature

Shopping Benefits for Customers.

Melaleuca features a plan that pays people to shop through their catalog online. Melaleuca also offers a free monthly product on regular purchases from loyal customers.

Preferred Customer Program

Melaleuca features a Preferred Customer Program that allows consumers to save up to 30-50 percent off the company's products in their catalogs and earn money watching videos about the company.

Member Money-back Guarantee

Membership features a money-back guarantee for up to three months and can be terminated at any time for any reason.

Low Starting Costs and High Commissions for Reps

The business has a low signup fee and representatives can earn commissions seven layers deep.

The Bad

Currently, the only thing negative to be said is that Melaleuca has a small number of reviews on our site. It is difficult to completely understand the customer experience without more Melaleuca reviews from real consumers. As Melaleuca receives more reviews, it should give prospective participants a better understanding of what to expect when working with and for Melaleuca.

The Bottom Line

Melaleuca is not a traditional multi-level marketing company and prefers the term consumer direct marketing enterprise instead. They also allow their customer's to be business partners or members by providing them an opportunity to bring in residual income through word of mouth, or customer to customer service. We recommend Melaleuca to consumers because of their unique tactics to providing business opportunities for their customers, which is unique from a typical MLM company. Though not part of our ranking criteria, Melaleuca does not require customers to carry products to meet a quota of sales or product distribution. This is unique in the industry and we commend them for it.

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They are a local company that takes care of its employees and really gives back to the community. I like their products.

Mary Bushaw
June 12th, 2018 Randolph, WI DETAILS

I have been a loyal customer of Melaleuca for 2 years. Absolutely love the cleaning products. In my 23 years of being a mother of 5 I have never found laundry detergent that works as good as this!!! I could have save so many hours of scrubbing grass and food stains out of kids clothes had I known about this company sooner! I am an ICU nurse and do use the vitamins and supplements. Prior to using the Peak Performance vitamins I was relying solely on food nutrition. I could not believe the change in my energy levels. I researched everything I could about these vitamins and the science behind them not only makes sense but they work!!! They are third party tested twice which I love that this company does 3rd party testing! For anyone complaining about the monthly shopping...I don't understand this. I only shop Melaleuca. I place my monthly order for things that I would have to buy somewhere like shampoo, deodorant, cleaning supplies, laundry soap, soap, dishwasher soap.... If I were not buying from Melaleuca I would have to buy every month from somewhere else but with Melaleuca it comes right to my door. I usually receive my order in 3-5 days. I have saved so much shopping this way. If there were ever a time I choose not to shop I could just suspend my account. It is a very simple letter to the company stating I want to suspend. Easy peasy! I have had to call in for refunds a few times. Never a problem! They just refunded my account of sent new product at their shipping expense! The customer service is out of this world! You get to speak to real people right away! None of that recording BS. This company has not only saved me in money but also in time! The products are priced at Walmart pricing or lower. The time of not driving to a store is priceless. And I no longer get suckered into buying things I do not need when shopping! Melaleuca is Awesome!

Jennifer
May 21st, 2018 Woodbridge, CT DETAILS

My husband and I joined in June 2015. We tried the products first and quickly realized how fantastic they actually are. Within two weeks we became committed business partners as well as loyal customers. We have had many customers stay with us and a few leave for various reasons and there has never been a problem with a customer suspending their account. The customer service support is the best that I have ever experienced along with the company's priority to help others, they are always the first in line to provide assistance or products to weather worn areas! The products, I can't say enough about how fabulous the products are! My favorite item is the Total Peak Performance supplements! I have an autoimmune disease that pretty much stopped my active life style, today I am almost back to normal! There are a few products I'm not crazy about or when products have arrived damaged I simply pick up the phone and within 2 rings someone answers and the products are replaced or refunded. This company really changes lives and it has changed ours!

Karen Moylen
April 30th, 2018 Absecon, NJ DETAILS

I really like most Melaleuca products. Especially the cleaning products. But being held hostage to a monthly minimum is horrible. And being snubbed by my "rep" when I wanted to cancel left a very bad taste in my mouth. Didn't like the cosmetics at all. Very little product, the containers always broke, or the writing wore off. Not the quality you would expect from their marketing. I also don't see the wildly promoted "cost savings" when I'm paying between $15-20 per month to ship my items. I can make a $25 purchase on Amazon.com and my order ships free. THAT is savings. The products are NOT worth being part of this cult.

Chase Huntzinger
April 16th, 2018 Provo, UT

I was told it isn't an MLM... sure seems like it to me. Also, you have to commit to buying a certain amount of things each month. In my opinion, a company should keep you coming back because of their products, not because you have to.

Gayle Moyer
March 22nd, 2018 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

I love all the products I have tried from Melaleuca. I have converted my home over and shop with them first. It is basically like switching stores and I get better, safer, fresher products that really work. I am definitely saving a lot of money shopping thru them. When you call the company with a question, you always get a real person and they are nice and try really hard to answer your questions. Deliver time is good, usually within 4 days and the shipping costs are low. They have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I am really glad that I was introduced to this great company.

Sergio Ochoa
March 12th, 2018 Newberg, OR DETAILS

I don't like the fact that you are forced to place a autoship order. And even if you cancel you stop being a distributor. Also some customers complained they had called to cancel the autoship and have still revived and get charged for it. However they did refund the money on the product but the custumer had to pay for shipping.

Jacob Pearman
March 9th, 2018 Radcliff, KY DETAILS

Love every product that I have used with this great company. Products are superior to most store brand products. The RENEW lotions has done more for my skin than anything I have ever used. Everyone is a customer but if you want to make money it is a great opportunity no selling products just sharing and enrolling members into the great company.

Diana
March 1st, 2018 Granville, OH DETAILS

I love the products! They are cost effective and work better than other things I’ve used. Been shopping with them for three years...I’ll never go back!

Santa
February 22nd, 2018

My name is Santa, I becomed a registered customer on November 2017 - since that I'm very satisfied with the quality of Melaleuca's products - for household: loundry, dishes etc. I'm so excited for the first time in my life (I'm 40) for such a bright result! And I absolutely love their drinks and other health products! Yes, I was a bit confused in the beginning for that obligate amount of purchase every month, but now it's ok - as lot of my friends are willing to try some of Melaluca's products, before they decide to become a registered members of this ecological movement around the globe! I'm so happy to be a part of this system, as it is providing a great chance to care for the enviroment and also - possibility to co-work with this company, sharing this oportunity with as many as possible! So, I recommend this service to everyone!

Gwen H.
February 8th, 2018 Evansville, IN DETAILS

I used to get their cleaning and laundry products. There is a minimum monthly order required to keep your account open as a customer and that was stressful because I did not need to buy new window cleaner etc every month. I would have given them a higher rating if that had not been the case but I had to quit buying Melaleuca because of this minimum monthly purchase requirement.

Brenda Toutant
December 29th, 2017 DETAILS

I was a customer for many years and absolutely love the products. I started looking at the marketing aspect of Melaleuca in September 2016 and love the comp plan. I love being able to invite others to join Melaleuca as a customer and if they choose business partner. This company and their products have changed my life.

Mark Frogley
December 19th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I love all of the products that I have ever purchased from Melaleuca but hate the fact that I have to purchase I certain amount to keep my account open. They claim to not be a multi-level marketing company but....they are a multi-level company.

Dale Ash
December 19th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

My daughter introduced us to Melaleuca dish washing liquid detergent. Our dishes get sparkling clean with no hard water residue. It's amazing!

Jacinda E
December 19th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I have been with Melaleuca for a total of 2 years. Melaleuca is a company that created clean quality products for a great price. I love so many of their products because they work and there are no harmful chemicals in them. I also found that if I did not like a certain product it was really easy to return. When I needed help, working with their customer service was enjoyable! I have not had better customer service with any other company. Starting your own business as a consumer direct marketer is easy. Requirements are: 1. To be a preferred customer. A preferred customer gets discounted prices on products and purchases their favorites each month. 2. Share Melaleuca with friends and family then help set up an online shopping account with those that want to buy products. Super easy and unlike any other Multi-level Marketing because it has a different business outline which makes it one of a kind. Cancelling preferred customer membership is also very easy and there is no hidden cancellation fee's. Love this company and I would suggest it to everyone.

Janet Dunn
December 18th, 2017 DETAILS

I have been a member for nearly a year now and can say I love the large range of products. All super quality and so happy with the performance of all categories especially the nutritional products. I cannot speak highly enough of them and great customer service too. Very happy

Josh
December 14th, 2017 Milbridge, ME DETAILS

Absolutely absurd cancellation policy. The only reason for a ploicy like they have is rip off as many people as possible.

Catherine
November 22nd, 2017 DETAILS

Amazing company, love the products the beat I've ever seen. Amazing rewarding compensation plan.

Naomi
November 22nd, 2017 DETAILS

I have just found melaleuca 3 weeks ago and can honestly say it’s the best company I’ve found in the last 5 years. The products are amazing and great value for money and customer service is spot on! I know I will be with this company for many years to come

Tray
November 14th, 2017 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

First of all let me start out by saying that melaleuca's customer service is unmatched ,they have great people there well informed and always willing to help. Melaleuca products are the greatest everything that I've used their has worked as it described and a lot better my favorite product is GC control. Being a diabetic for the last 2 years my medicine just wasn't working I started taking GC control and now I'm no longer on medicine it has lowered my numbers to normal numbers. I'm just telling my story that Melaleuca has helped me in many ways so if you're on the fence about joining melaleuca's Shopping Club hopefully I helped you to make your decision. Also they have very fast shipping.

Kristy
November 13th, 2017 DETAILS

Love the peak performance vitamins!! I have plantar fasciitis and fibromyalgia and after taking the vitamins I noticed that I have more energy and motivation to do things I normally dreaded doing. The severe pain I had is practically gone and the inflammation I had in my feet is significantly reduced. I am very happy and GRATEFUL for this wellness company!!!!

Alana J
November 6th, 2017

Excellent Products! Priced well considering you are getting healthier safer products for your family. Customer Service is awesome when I have contacted them. And when I was able to try the products risk free for 90 days....I was sold! Great company!

Anne McKechnie
November 3rd, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I have been shopping at Melaleuca for 14 years. My son had allergies, and we had some great results switching over to their product line for him. I love the high quality but also reasonable prices. When I first set up my shopping account it was explained to me that they manufacture for their customers in a JIT model, so switching over some of the items I was already purchasing made sense. I was already buying them at the store and they were reasonably priced and much higher quality. I would also regard myself as more of a minimalist shopper, and haven't had any issues purchasing each month. I love the customer service, they answer the phones promptly and also have a 90 days money back guarantee......I also like their coupons and bogos. After 13 years, I can't see myself shopping anywhere else!

Ann Tschirhart
October 24th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL

I have been a consumer of Melaleuca cleaning and laundry products primarily for 16 years. Recently I decided to join and build a business. The training from our team is outstanding, in fact, I have paid hundreds of dollars for the same training from other MLM's. Although Melaleuca is not an MLM, it has the best compensation plan I have ever experienced.

Victor R
October 5th, 2017

Good product and great customer service! Love this company! I'd recommend them to anyone.Very helpful and attentive when calling customer service, simply amazing!

Natasha Walladge
September 21st, 2017

Melaleuca has changed mine and my families life for the better in more ways than 1. I absolutely love it and everything about it. I'd recommend them to anyone

Michele Pirtle
September 20th, 2017 Seattle, WA

I have been a customer since 2003. I love this company! They have amazing customer service. They treat you like family. My family & I loves their products!! They are NOT an MLM & they are not a breakaway business. Their business is based on referrals.

Samantha
September 18th, 2017

Well priced superior products. Better than what we get offered at Norma supermarkets. 100% love all

Lisa
September 18th, 2017

I love every single product from Melaleuca. I love the value for money everything lasts a long time and most important everything is safe for my family

Maria Acosta
September 18th, 2017

Have been with Melaleuca 3 years, love the products, love the integrity of the Company, Building my Plan B , without having to invest my Business is growing solid . Love our mission statement of helping others to reach their goals.

Rebecca
September 18th, 2017 Salina, KS

I love using Melaleuca products. I have been using them for six months and am feeling better. I have been able to lose some weight and keep it off. There are so many advantages to using these products for me.

Karen Stabile
September 14th, 2017

I have shopped with Melaleuca for nearly 16 years. I can't imagine a better store, with at-home delivery, online shopping and great variety. The science and quality of the products are exceptional. Peak Performance Brain pack (supplements) is my favorite!!! The company management also cares about people, whether it's giving free products to affected areas after hurricanes or celebrating families when they become debt-free.

Starlene Cole
September 14th, 2017

After years of prescription meds for fibromyalgia, Gerd, and IBS I began taking Peak Performance Total because I knew of their satisfaction guarantee or money back. Within three months I was off all my meds and feeling like my old self again. I took a three mile hike up to a beautiful waterfall in the Tennessee Hills followed by a forty five minute trail ride the next morning. For fifteen years prior I could not have even given any thought to either event. As an added bonus my cholesterol level was changed significantly for the better. And best of all...I can play with my grandchildren! Thank you Melaleuca!

Tammy O Guillory
September 14th, 2017 Gonzales, LA

Here's the thing. I can give my business to anyone I choose but I choose to do business here. All around great company build on solid principles and values. The customer service is top notch. The products are backed by science. The prices are equal to if not less than grocery brands. LOVE my store!

Ryan Ellington
October 3rd, 2017 WA

Once you use their products you will not go back to national brand! Every single product I've used is either equivalent in price to national brand, or less expensive, and out-perform the national brand like item. Amazingly their products are not only priced at or below national brand they are better for our homes, environment, and families. Customer for life!

Jane Patterson
September 14th, 2017

Melaleuca saves us time and money. Their hundreds of products are excellent and satisfaction is guaranteed. I only wish I learned of them even before I did.

Jim Sevy
October 3rd, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID

This company is real and has been a true blessing! My wife and I would be customers even if we weren't building a business, because we would not ever do without the amazing products. We have had people we have enrolled as customer need to cancel and the process is easy and simple. They are incredibly fair with billing, the 100% satisfaction guarantee and their customer service can't be beat!

Jane Alois
September 14th, 2017

I have been a Melaleuca customer for 14 years. I was skeptical about the company and their products but decided to try them and have never looked back. The prices are fair in my opinion. The products are outstanding, all are not perfect, but certainly better and safer than the grocery and pharmacy brands, and their customer service is top notch. I have had so many health benefits from my membership with Melaleuca it is difficult to remember them all: No asthma attacks in over 13 years, smooth feet that used to be very dry and cracked, more energy, joint pain and stiffness from arthritis mostly gone, lower blood pressure, hot flashes from menopause went from 1 an hour to 1 a day, and clearer complexion even clearing up Rosacea. I will be a customer for life.

Josh Behar
September 14th, 2017

Melaleuca has been a solid foundation for all of our product needs. Very helpful and attentive when calling customer service, simply amazing!

Rhonda Parker
September 14th, 2017

I've been using the Melaleuca products for years. The quality is amazing and the products do exactly what Melaleuca says they do. So many eco-friendly products to choose from also. I always buy more than their minimum requirement every month. Basically the products I buy at Melaleuca replace those I would buy at the grocery store. Big difference in quality tho. Delivery to my door is prompt and customer service is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.