Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Sumner, Washington, Magnabilities is a jewelry company in the multi-level marketing industry. Magnabilities, whose mission is to "spread positivity, make an impact, and become empowered," generates between $1 and $5 million in global revenue each year.

#1 Forever Living chevron_right
4.8
#2 Shaklee chevron_right
4.9
#3 doTERRA chevron_right

The Good

• Products
  • Affordable Prices
  • Two Ways to Join
  • Commissions and Bonuses
  • DSA Member
  • Consultant Training

Products

Magnabilities features over 250 products in its catalog, which is available both online and in print. The company's interchangeable magnetic jewelry has a customizable, patented design that allows customers to create a unique look. Magnabilities has a virtual set designer on its corporate website, which allows customers to mix and match products before placing an order. The company's products are lead- and nickel-free.

Affordable Prices

Consumers can choose from a wide variety of pendants that include an indentation for one of the company's magnetic discs. These pendants can be worn on a necklace a customer already owns or on one purchased from the company. Altogether, the jewelry costs around $17 for the pendant, disc, and necklace, which is affordable for most consumers. The company also sells rings, pins, ponytail holders, and storage displays.

Two Ways to Join

Magnabilities offers two ways for individuals to join its business opportunity as independent associates. The first option is to purchase a $99 starter pack, and the second option is to purchase a $249 party kit. Both kits feature sample products, business tools, and access to a personalized website for one month at no additional cost. Distributors typically sell products at in-home party demonstrations.

Commissions and Bonuses

Independent associates have the potential to earn between 25 and 60 percent commissions on product sales.

They also have the ability to earn 10 percent override commissions on personally sponsored team members and 4 percent overrides on organizational sales.

Other financial incentives and bonuses include fast start bonuses, matching bonuses, and hostess reward credits.

Hostesses receive a free gift set for hosting qualified parties and can earn 25 percent credit based on the total sales volume of the party.

DSA Member

Magnabilities is an upstanding member of the Direct Selling Association and abides fully by its strict code of ethics.

Consultant Training

Magnabilities has an extensive training program that is run by two full-time employees and involves company executives in the training process. In the program, employees train consultants and provide valuable information; they also have a Facebook group dedicated to teaching and providing consultants with training material.

The Bad

• Personal Volume Minimums
  • Little Training
  • No Money-Back Guarantee

Personal Volume Minimums

Distributors must maintain 400 PV monthly or 1200 PV in a three-month period in order to keep an active status. Typically, these minimums can be maintained by holding one to two successful in-home party demonstrations on a weekly basis.

No Money-Back Guarantee

Magnabilities does not offer a money back guarantee. This can be frustrating for customers who may need to return products.

The Bottom Line

Magnabilities is a multi-level marketing company that provides interchangeable magnetic jewelry. The products are affordable for most consumers and the cost to join the business opportunity is standard for the industry. Independent distributors can earn between 25 and 60 percent commissions on product sales, plus other financial incentives.

However, distributors must maintain a 400 PV monthly or a 1200 PV over three months in order to remain active and receive commissions. Additionally, Magnabilities does not provide a money back guarantee or offer advanced sales and marketing training to its distributors.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

4.1

Ashley G.

November 8th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had great experiences as an independent consultant. I've been at it for about six months now, and it's been a really fun ride. It took some time to really familiarize myself with the products, but there was always someone to lean when I had questions or I needed advice on the best way to go about setting up events. I'm really happy that I've been able to have this opportunity.

Sadie

October 31st, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My time working with Magnabilities has been overwhelmingly positive. I love the flexibility of being an independent consultant. I get to choose when, where and how often I host events. They're always a ton of fun, too. It's been an amazing source of income for my family!

Cathy

October 21st, 2019 Sumner, WA

I sold Mary Kay products as an independent beauty consultant for about three years, and I can confidently say that working as an independent consultant with Magnabilities is exponentially better. They provide so much more support, whereas before, I was pretty much left to my own devices to figure out things on my own. I'm really happy I found out about this company and decided to make the move.

Kristina

October 8th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Magnabilities has been excellent to work with. The products are really nice, support for consultants is top notch, and they're very organized. I haven't had any issues to speak of. Oh, the money is pretty good too. :)

Emily V.

September 4th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love working as an independent consultant! It’s been an awesome source of extra income, but honestly, I just plain out enjoy it. I’ve been a fan of the jewelry for years and it’s been a great excuse to get out of the house and have fun with friends. I’m not sure I could have found a more fun way to make money.

Mike Larson

August 21st, 2019 Sumner, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son is nearing college age and our saving were thin, so we needed a supplemental income to help prepare for 4 years of tuition and books. I’d been a customer of Magnabilities for some years and had heard they had a great consultant program, so I decided to take the plunge – considering I already like the company and LOVE the jewelry – and I couldn’t be happier with how it has gone! I’m able to get out of the house, make friends at fun social gatherings while bonding over something I love, and make money while doing it! I’ve only been with them for six months and we’re in a much better position financially, and I’m confident that continuing to work with Magnabilities will give us all the cushion we need to put my son through college without a strain on our household. I couldn’t be more thankful for them!

Stephanie Lara

August 13th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family was having harsh financial problems, so I was looking for something that would bring in some additional income. The moment I started partnering with Magnabilities, I saw a partner I can trust. Their training program helped me to regain my confidence and set new career goals. Today, I am not only a successful consultant, but a woman who enjoys her financial independence and enjoys a better lifestyle.

Joe Hanes

August 11th, 2019 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My cooperation with Magnabilities started with a single purchase. My daughter loved the jewelry and soon I found myself buying more and more – both for my daughter and my friends. After learning about the opportunity to build my business with the company as an Independent Consultant, I decided to give it a try. This was the best career decision I have ever made. In the beginning, I ran my business as a side job, but then, as I saw income pouring in, I quit my full-time job as a marketer. My husband joined me shortly afterwards, and today we enjoy having the lifestyle we have always dreamed of. We can travel, explore new opportunities, and make sure our kids receive the best possible education.

Annie B.

August 11th, 2019 McKeesport, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently became a consultant after someone had made my something through the company, and ordered it, ordered it again, and will order it again. I became a consultant and love everything about the company. My baby brother passed away last May and I found a card that he had written in, that said I love you, so I had inserts made for myself, my mom and my other brother, it's amazing. I will continue with the company, as I have never had anything broken, or discolored like others have been saying. Im very happy with them.

Ryan Smith

July 25th, 2019 Sumner, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome company! Their jewelry is beautiful and extremely high quality, and their prices are AMAZING. It’s been my go-to place to buy presents, both for myself and others for a while now, and I recommend them to anybody I get a chance to!

Jessica Mellott

July 12th, 2019

Very professional employer, they provided all the information I would need as an independent consultant and they have great support anytime I have a question about anything. It helps that their jewelry is of GREAT quality and are pieces I wear myself too.

Georg Brown

July 8th, 2019 Sumner, WA

At first, I wasn’t serious about my career as an Independent Consultant. But the training program proved to be highly motivational. I realized I can achieve financial independence and pursue my dreams. The company impressed me for the second time. They provided me with all of the necessary tools and resources I needed to move forward and build a strong network. The thing is, I did not think of myself as “very sociable,” but their business model and professional support helped me to start and grow a team I am proud to be part of today.

Darron Frazer Green

July 2nd, 2019 Sumner, WA

Being a consultant has given me a great second source of income doing something that I’m really interested in. They give you everything you need to get started and all the information you need to be really successful. I’ve got to say that working with them has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in a long time.

Austin Bankers

June 18th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve absolutely LOVED my time as an independent consultant for Magnabilities. My friends have all been incredibly impressed with the jewelry and it’s honestly given me an excuse to be more social! Everything has been positive so far, working with them has been an amazing way to bring in some extra money and have fun while doing it.

Brenda Hope-Winslow

June 18th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LOVE their products! Amazing quality at very affordable prices as well. Great customer service too. I feel even better knowing they guarantee products for a full year.

Felicia Bursnall

June 12th, 2018 Meta, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased several products then became a rep. I have never had any issue with any product I've worn and, unlike other jewelry, it doesn't turn my skin different colors. There is extensive online training, daily "minutes" on Facebook as well as Messenger, Facebook, and phone answers to any questions. There is monthly a $13 website fee but it can be stopped away any time.

Frank Maturi

November 2nd, 2017 Bonney Lake, WA

As an employee of this so-called company, I found the entire experience horrible. They are not professional in the way they treat their employees. They do not give you any guidance of what they are looking for, but, everytime you turn in a project, the owner has nothing good to EVER say about ANYTHING you do for her. She wants million dollar advertising on a penny budget. There is not one positive thing I can say about how this company treats employees...One thing I can tell you...if you see a job listing for this company, and you apply...and get hired...don't say I didn't warn you.

Debb Burniston

July 25th, 2017

I love this company and their products. In fact I loved it so much I joined. I've been given nothing but support and training opportunities. We have a back office with everything you need to succeed and if that's not enough weekly training calls. By far the best direct sales company I've ever dealt with~

Lucy Brenton

July 17th, 2017 TX

I love the product and signed up to be a rep. Clients love that they can customize their jewelry with things that are meaningful to them. I scanned in my son's artwork and turned it into a beautiful pendant.

Mary Racine

April 25th, 2017

Great company to be with! NO minimums required anymore and $99 kit worth $375. HTTPS://www.mommyandme.magnabilities.com

Dolores Márquez

April 17th, 2017

I received the jewelry in bad conditions. Broken pieces, rusty. The replacements were also rusty and broken.

Mary Cameron Harclerode

March 22nd, 2017

Poor management skills! Not a lot of communication when working for them . Hard to move up , they are not out to help the little man in their company . Will let you go if you are it the right fit in a heart beat.

Camille Marquez

January 13th, 2017 Price, UT

If you want to be screwed over and never know when you're going to be billed every month this is the place to go they screwed me out of 100 dollars because they take their money out whenever they want!!! They been having issues with their jewelry where the inserts dont stay in and get lost on the first day or break!!!! SO BEWARE!!

Pat Null

November 25th, 2016 Saint Albans, WV

Have made 2 purchases, a necklace that broke within a week! Today I received my second purchase, a pair of Heart Earrings. One earring was broke when I open the package! I will not be ordering any more product from this company. I will encourage others not to waste their money.

Lisa A

May 17th, 2016 Bainbridge Island, WA

Love the jewelry, love the fact that I can get several different looks out of just a few inserts and a pendant..the quality is excellent and the service is top notch.