LifeVantage

LifeVantage Logo

LifeVantage

Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Sandy, Utah, LifeVantage is a nutritional supplements company that claims to be a leader in Nrf2 science, a technology designed to reduce free radicals in the body and improve overall health. LifeVantage has over 67,000 independent distributors.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Forever Living Logo Forever Living ›

9.0

Overall
Score

doTERRA Logo doTERRA ›

8.1

Overall
Score

Shaklee Logo Shaklee ›

7.5

Overall
Score

LifeVantage Logo LifeVantage ›

5.4

Overall
Score

The Good

• Low Startup Cost
  • Training
  • Discounts and Refunds
  • Products
  • Charitable Support

Low Startup Cost

Individuals can become a LifeVantage independent distributor by filling out an online application and purchasing a $50 starter kit, which includes a 30-pack of presentation tear-off pads, a 25-pack of newspapers, 10 opportunity DVDs, a company decal, and audio discs.

Distributors are then eligible for six types of financial bonuses that are paid on a monthly and weekly basis.

Training

LifeVantage offers training materials and educational content through its online media channel. The company also offers interactive training modules that provide a personalized learning experience through its virtual LifeVantage University.

Distributors receive hands-on training through sponsors, company-hosted events, and conventions.

Discounts and Refunds

Preferred customers who enroll in LifeVantage's autoship program are eligible to receive 20 percent discounts on product purchases.

Additionally, the company offers a 30-day refund on unopened products returned in resalable condition. LifeVantage has an excellent reputation for paying its distributors on time according to its commission structure.

Products

LifeVantage offers five main products:

The first is called Protandim, which is a dietary supplement designed to help reduce oxidative stress by 40 percent in 30 days.

The second product is called Axio, which is a brain performance product that provides long-lasting energy without resulting in side effects such as crashes or jitters.

The third product is a weight management system called PhysIQ, which includes digestive cleanse capsules, probiotic caplets, fat-burning metabolism capsules, and protein shake powder.

The fourth product is an anti-aging beauty system called TrueScience, which includes a facial cleanser, lotion, eye-corrector serum, and anti-aging cream.

The fifth product is called Canine Health and works to reduce oxidative stress in dogs.

Charitable Support

LifeVantage gives back to the community and supports a variety of charitable organizations.

The Bad

• Lawsuits
  • Test Results

Lawsuits

In 2009, LifeVantage was sued by Zrii, which is a nutritional fruit drinks company. Zrii claimed that LifeVantage had conspired with its own former executives in an effort to ruin Zrii.

LifeVantage settled the case by paying $400,000 to Zrii. In 2011, former LifeVantage distributor Burke Hedges filed a lawsuit against the company for alleged wrongful termination and tortious interference.

He sought $3 million in punitive damages, but we were unable to find results for this case. In 2012, there was a recall on Protandim products for possible contamination of small metal fragments, but this issue has since been resolved.

Test Results

LifeVantage states on its corporate website that a scientific peer-reviewed study appeared to show that Protandim produced a 300 percent increase in an antioxidant known as glutathione.

However, the company does not disclose the name of this study or provide further information. We researched the subject online and found a test tube study conducted in 2009, but it was not performed on humans. In fact, 12 studies on Protandim were performed, but only 2 were conducted on humans.

The rest were performed on lab rats and test tubes. Of the two tests performed on humans, only one showed beneficial results. Additionally, Consumerlabs.com reports that the serving amounts contained in the LifeVantage caplets are far less than those used in the clinical trials.

The website acknowledges that Protandim may have antioxidant features, but follows up by stating that there is little evidence of therapeutic benefit for human beings.

The Bottom Line

LifeVantage is a nutritional supplements company that provides products designed to reduce oxidative stress and improve overall health in humans and canines.

The initial cost to join as an independent distributor is low and the company provides a variety of training materials. However, LifeVantage has been involved in several lawsuits in the past few years and lacks transparent test results which may present concerns to those looking into the company.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Jeff Carney
February 12th, 2019 Moorhead, MN DETAILS

I’ve had a great experience so far. I’ve been using the Vitality Stack for about 3 months. My wife is already seeing results with her health issues that have been on going for years. The doctors don’t have an answer or solution. After 2 weeks she has not had any more issues! The doctors told her to keep taking the Vitality Stack!

Sheila
October 22nd, 2018 Central Point, OR DETAILS

LifeVantage is an incredible company with amazing products that work. There are tons of peer reviewed studies and third party validations from some of the most trusted labs and universities in the world to back that up. The results I have experienced in my own health are way more than I ever expected. My joints feel great, no more pain or inflammation, no more hot flashes, no more knee pain, improved sleep and energy... I would encourage anyone looking into this to dig into the science and third party validations and don’t make a decision based on what you read on on a website or blog that absolutely anyone can produce without any real evidence or personal experience with the products. If you are looking for products that work, that will have huge impact on your overall health, why would you not want to see the literature and medical research? Go to trusted sources like pubmed.gov, or Google Scholar, and look at the medical data. Ask your trusted healthcare provider to look into it for you, or better yet, just try the products for yourself and form your own opinion. Give it 6 months because it’s working on a cellular level, it takes time for your body to repair and rebuild damaged cells. And the rediculous negative reviews here about credit card fraud have nothing to do with LifeVantage. It happens, our world is filled with crooks that would rather steel than work. I’ve had to replace my own credit card three times for the same thing they are describing, but I didn’t blame the company that was charged to, the crooks who got my card info can charge to any company. And about the “crappy customer service” LifeVantage is growing very fast and that can be one of the growing pains that companies go through, but they have worked hard to fix it, have added lots of new staff and our customer service is stellar now in my opinion. Lastly, I have been with 5 previous direct selling companies, in which I barely made back my initial investment, if at all, and received no training or support. I can say from experience that it is easy to make money with LifeVantage. I made back all of my investment in the first 30 days, something I have never been able to do before in any company. I love that we are publicly traded and very transparent, which is also rare. In my opinion, if a person fails to make money in LV, it’s only because they weren’t willing to put in the effort and do the consistent behaviors to make money. It’s not a get rich quick scheme, you do need to do the research, the training, and plug into “The Proven System”, but we have incredible training and support. Anyone who is willing to plug in, get to work and duplicate the efforts of those before us can make some great money. We have a very generous compensation plan, the best I have seen. It’s not for lazy people, no one is going to build it for you, but for those who are serious and willing to put in some effort, it is the best way to be paid what you are truly worth and build your own fortune rather than someone elses. Personally, I got tired of going to a job I didn’t love, being tied to specific work hours every day, and having someone else telling me what I’m worth. Now I set my own hours, I work from home, a coffee shop, the beach or the mountains. I can literally work from anywhere, I just need my smart phone and my laptop. I love what I do, there is no ceiling on what I can make, I get to help others improve their health and / or their wealth and it doesn’t feel like work at all. Why people would choose a traditional J. O. B. over an opportunity like this boggles my mind.

Dwaine Taylor
June 12th, 2018 Napa, CA DETAILS

After using Protandim Nrf2 and Nrf1, and several of the skin care products, I’m wondering why anyone would NOT be a customer at the very least, or be a distributor in a company that already has over $214 million in sales, experienced a 30% increase in annual sales over the previous year, has half a dozen patents covering products and methods, has been closely scrutinized by mainstream media’s best investigative reporters (who actually endorsed the products), has actual product peer reviewed studies (as compared to ingredients in the product) has only 80,000 distributors (compared to millions of distributors individually in companies like Amway, Herbalife, Avon, Mary Kay and several others) and appears to be on track to break a billion dollars in sales in the next three to seven years. Here are the benefits I’ve received from using the products, some of which are not what the company says should happen: Lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar, controlled weight loss, elimination of dark blotches on my skin. more energy, less foggy thinking, younger looking skin with fewer wrinkles. My friends and family say I now look younger; and I feel better than I did a year ago. I’ve been in several mlm companies and none of them has received mainstream accolades that Lifevantage has. Here is the website for one of the first ones by ABC News. www.abcyellowpill.com. There you will find links to the National Institute of Health (U.S. Government) website, patent references, University peer reviewed studies and how to get started as either a customer or a distributor. At the NIH website, your keyword searches should include: Protandim, Nrf2, Nrf1, oxidative stress and oxidative stress,(the name of the disease in which you are interested) i.e. oxidative stress, addiction; oxidative stress, cancer, etc. Since I joined Lifevantage in December 2017, I have experienced nothing but positives with the products. Customer service has always promptly answered my questions to my complete satisfaction. In the direct sales industry, Lifevantage will be the one company to change the onus of network/mlm to one of positive and pleasant consumer relations. Direct sales is a $250 Billion dollar industry. In my opinion, this company should be at the top of the “best” lists by all unbiased reviewers.

Gregg Holliday
November 29th, 2017 Grand Island, NE DETAILS

The person writing this "overall review" is definitely not informed. This company has more science behind it than any company in this category. My personal health benefits and that of many of my friends has been nothing short of amazing. The fact that you can make nice extra income in your spare time and life-changing income if you decide to jump in full time, is just a cherry on top. Everyone in the world should be on Protandim. The ONLY supplement that been proven to extend life (National Institute on Aging). Doctors and cardiologists are taking part because of what it does for our bodies at the cellular level. It is NOT an antioxidant as those reduce free radical damage in our bodies at a rate of 1:1. This is an herbal formula that turns on our body's ability to fight free radicals like it did when we were younger. Stated to fight free radicals at a rate of 1,000,000 to 1 every SECOND of every day...........Through SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) and Catalase production in our body. Dr. Joe McCord discovered SOD and has been an integral part in the development of Protandim. It is definitely going to be the company of the future for those that want to help their body take care of itself and to provide a nice income along the way. People helping people and getting paid.........nothing better.

Que
November 20th, 2017 Toledo, OH DETAILS

They pay 40% compensation on product volume sold on all levels...... no one is doing that. Not on all levels. The review is also incorrect about the claims of no valid test. Ohio State Mayo clinic LSU.....ever heard of them? Well if not go to pubmed.gov type in Ohio State or LSU or Mayo Clinic then type in Protandim and see what peer reviewed studies come up on this government-funded site, about Protandim. All studies in high regards of Protandim not the ingredients Protandim. Is your shelf product or company's product have peer-reviewed studies on pubmed.gov the National Institute of Health Library probably not.

Britteny
October 18th, 2017

There customer service is crap over charged my account twice shipping doesn’t come on time and when you contact them they treat you like crap and also ignore your emails

David Eggleton
June 2nd, 2017

The 2 MAIN ERRORS I see in this article are "Distributors must maintain a monthly autoship of 100 PV or more in order to be eligible for commissions" ... incorrect -- let me explain ... The reality is much simpler and easier --> Low level of 100+ *personal PV for the base qualification --> Goal is 200+ *personal PV for the higher qualification. NOTE: *personal PV is defined as a combination of the distributor's own product purchases PLUS all their customer purchases (NONE of which is even required to be on autoship). A single person's monthly supply of the flagship product (Protandim) is 40PV. There are other popular products available in the range as well -- so its EASY to understand how a single active distributor plus a few customers are likely to regularly consume 200PV or more in any given month. NOTE: if someone doesn't qualify in a given month, they don't lose their position or anything else (other than their commission share for that month). Next time they do qualify (quite easy as noted) then they get their share of that month's turnover. ALSO, why does the "Ratings Breakdown" say the compensation type is BINARY? (it most definitely is NOT a binary structure). There are currently 12 ranks at which a distributor can qualify. If a distributor builds a structure with only 2 legs (the defining feature of a BINARY system), they cannot advance past the 4th rank. At least 3 legs are required to qualify for the 5th through 10th ranks, with at least 4 or 5 legs being required for the 11th and 12th ranks respectively. ~~~ My review of LifeVantage ~~~ MY BACKGROUND ... I'm a cautious skeptic due to my experience. Over the past 3 decades I've looked into at least 30 different MLM opportunities and tried 5 of them. In each case I built some form of team structure, once numbering ~60 distributors at it's peak (back in the 1990's). From that experience, I now have a love/hate relationship with network marketing. This has also resulted in me forming a tough set of criteria, against which I now measure any such opportunity. I've now been checking out this company, their comp plan, distributor culture, and main product for the past 6 months. After everything I have found, and the benefits I have experienced myself from taking Protandim, I'm signing up as a Platinum distributor at the end of this week (June 1st 2017), confident that this is THE BEST opportunity I have EVER come across in MLM/network marketing.

cindi beauchamp
May 18th, 2017 Aurora, OR

I've never heard of this company but they're charging then crediting back amounts on my Mastercard. i don't know how they got my card number.

Mark
March 28th, 2017

Protandim Nrf2 is the most important product a mammal should consume on a daily basis. This is proven by the NIA's study which says "Since the NIA ITP program's inception in 1999, Protandim is the only nutritional supplement tested that has been proven to increase the median survival in mice, thus delaying the aging process"Thats a 10 year study done in 3 different locations completely funded by the National Institute of Health. And for all the non medical folk outside the reason we test on mice is because we can control their environment, breed them to be the same, and they don't live to be 100 like humans. Also I doubt that any other MLM product has studies performed by the American Heart Association, National Institute of Health, or LSU? Finally, please refer me to the MLM, which has more doctors as distributors then LifeVantage? We have doctors from world renowned cardiologists to neurologists distributing our product.

Michael Flanigan
March 8th, 2017

I have been on a couple of their products for over 2 years now and will never stop taking them.

Ace
February 13th, 2017 Denver, CO

I have never ordered anything from LifeVantage. Today they placed a charge on my Discover Card and immediately took it back. Discover says this is a common phishing tactic to see if the card number is good to make future illegitimate charges. They obtained my card number illegally since I have never done business with them.

Dawn Bell
February 7th, 2017 Alexandria, VA

The person who wrote this review is obviously not a science person. Studies that are looking at overall better life health and overall increased lifespan have to due studies on rats. Rats have shorter life spans, otherwise, if done only on humans, the studies would take 90-100 years LOL. Second, I have been looked at most MLM companies on this list at one point and Life Vantages compensation plan is much bette then most. Thirdly, Life Vantage is a publicly traded company so you can look up the correct compensations, required by and listed by the SEC. Last, but not least, all you have to do is look at the testimonies regarding this product, from every day people to chiropractors, to MD's, and to celebrities like Montel Williams etc…. I'm an Occupational Therapist and Ive heard people talk about this product for years, but just stared taking it myself. After only week I can report that I have less aches and pains and have more energy! We'll see what happens from here, but so far I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner. I've heard some say if it were for real big pharma companies would be selling it and/or you could buy it in a vitamin store. Well, big pharma is in process of producing a synthetic version of this right as we speak, that will cost ~$5000. LV's version is natural, and is patented 7x over. This product was at one time for sell in GNC etc… However, like most products, it sat on a shelf and no one new what it was, including the 20 something behind the cash register. They decided to go the MLM route to get the work out and the product into peoples hands. I do my research and I encourage everyone else to as well. The studies are all available on pubmed.gov. There's two particularly interesting studies, regarding Protandim and MS and Diabetes. Oh, and these studies were independently done, by respectable universities and by NIH themselves, NOT funded by Life Vantage, which is important! This supplement shows great promise and I look forward to seeing the studies currently being done!

mavis folland
November 30th, 2016

these letters are confusing. some are praising you others not. I have a friend and after four month has seen an improvement in his health. Can you not price them lower so they can be used by more people. I am shying away from buying for that reason. I will keep reading the reviews of your product and think about buying them MF

Jill McNulty
October 3rd, 2016 Littleton, CO

Out of all the products we buy for my family, this line of products is one we will not cut out of our budget. These products work! For the price point, especially with skin care, they are extremely affordable compared to other "like" products". LifeVantage has many studies that can be found on Protandim on the National Institute of Health Web-site: www.pubmed.gov. Many third parties like the American Heart Association and a number of Universities have studied Nrf2 and the flagship product Protandim. Type in Protandim in the search bar. As far as results, in the last five years as a distributor, almost all of my personally enrolled customers have remained loyal to Protandim, Canine Health for dogs and TrueScience, the skin care system. In addition, valid testimonies from real people verify the influence of these products on the health and wellness of our skin, our inner cells, overall vitality or "feeling better" and yes, even my dogs have had remarkable results. I have been paid every single month since I started. Every bonus at every level has been paid. The challenging part with LifeVantage is to get to and keep the level of distributorship that can really "retire" you from your job. ($75,000 to over $100,000 per month). Af far as part-time income, ($200 to $2000 per month ) as a distributor, it is realistic to accomplish by following the plan within a 6 to 12 month time frame. As with all of these types of companies, they do guarantee to pay you if you produce the volume in sales necessary to get paid. LifeVantage focuses mostly on leverage. Here is a simple version of the compensation plan. You are a distributor. You enroll 5 distributors. Those distributors each enroll 5 distributors (25 people). Those 25 each enroll 5 distributors (125 people total) those 125 enroll 5 or (625 people total). Based on each of those people (distributors) ordering an auto ship of $200 per month of any variety of the products, the 1st distributor in this example, earns $2500 per month. As a note, this payout is not dependent upon what level a distributor initially enrolls on. The $2500 example is based on the total sales volume created through the monthly order of each of the 625 people.

EFRAIN
July 25th, 2016 Alexandria, LA

Been using product for 3 months joints have never felt better, and the energy throught the roof. Product is science based and the research is there to prove it pubmed and nih.gove

R Stark
June 13th, 2016 Park City, UT

They continue to auto ship products after you cancel. Their customer service is terrible. I used these products for 6 months with no noticeable difference. Do not sign up as a distributor to get a better price. Its a scam and then they continue to bill you.

Kevin Bingham
June 2nd, 2016 Woodinville, WA

The company couldn't be in a better position than right now...real products, backed by real science and led by real individuals in the profession...the products do what they say they do and we feel great...! This will be a multi-billion dollar company in the near future...many top earners from other MLM companies are joining LifeVantage, and there will be plenty more...thanks to a 93 year old man who told us about this great company, our lives are going to be better than the traditional 30-40 year plan that most unfortunately settle for...

me goodwin
May 13th, 2016 Durango, CO

As a LifeVantage Distributor for less than a year, I have high hopes for my financial improvement. There are a few concerns regarding the company's focus on creating/development of the NEXT "NEW" Product. I was attracted to LifeVantage by my personal results with the flagship product, Protandim...and my research into Dr. Joe McCord's studies and botanical origins of Protandim spoke deeply to my desires to ingest "clean/organic" foods. Then two of the products included in the "new" True Science Skincare regiment impressed me as well. However, the Company's push for Distributors to embrace the "next new" items...Axio-energy drink and PhysiQ-weight-management regiment, has not met my hopes as "natural and pure"...consistent with original vision of Protandim. In fact, several other Distributors and myself are very concerned if and how the company is keeping up with its fast growth. It is beginning to feel like businees-as-usual, instead of focusing on integrity and "pure" product development, there seems to be a shift in management that is all about "keeping up with Joneses"...trying to offer more and more products to market. I do not appreciate how the Business Packs force new Distributors to embrace products we are not completely assured of their "naturalness"... We have no open choice as to what we FEEL really good about promoting. At this stage of discovery, I cannot get behind PhysiQ...I have my mother, 89 years old, taking it everyday since the launch in order for me to "watch" her progress. She struggles with the pre-sweetness and wishes they made an unsweetened version of PhysiQ and the Axio...but most people like things sweet. My overall experience with the Company is great. Of course, I want to be proud of what I am doing and sharing with others. LifeVantage seems to be making every effort to grow with pride and integrity...time will tell.

Leslie Bryant
April 25th, 2016 Plant City, FL

I've been in some network marketing companies in the past and have never felt the growth potential that I've seen happen for people in a rather short period of time than as with Lifevantage! Fantastic Products that are Category Creating with Peer Reviewed Science backing them up is icing on cake!! Love this company and the people who are in it!!!!!

Daniel Soutas
March 19th, 2016 Austin, TX

Lifevantage has excellent products that work. And one of the best compensation plans in the business. And is an international company with one of the best training programs in the industry.

Michael Dodds
March 19th, 2016 Westland, MI

Awesome compensation plan and a great culture. Very humble company with a positive vibe.

charlie moore
March 19th, 2016 Eagle Mountain, UT

multiline are fast to start and fast to fail

Tara
November 9th, 2015 Lady Lake, FL

I too questioned the product in the beginning. Within 4 months of using Protandim I was out of a knee brace I used daily to walk and off a cane shortly thereafter. I now use all of LifeVantage products. A small vehicular accident led me to 10 years of facial reconstructive surgeries following an infection placed in my face by the surgeon. The Axio powder I use twice daily. This I have only used for a month and sure enough I am noticing small but steady improvements with my memory and focus. Keep the products coming LifeVantage!

Cele Parker
September 24th, 2015 Valdosta, GA

Very skeptical turned very satisfied! The products do what they say, period. The company is publicly traded and very transparent. The average residual income is 5% of total group volume. There are great front end bonuses, and easy to attain profit sharing bonuses. Training is like nothing I've ever experienced and the compensation plan is geared to pay distributors higher commissions for helping many levels in depth.