Juice Plus

6.2

Juice Plus+ is a global biotech and pharmaceuticals industry organization founded by National Safety Associates, Inc. The company seeks to keep consumers healthy through its nutritional supplement line made from fruits and vegetables. The supplements have been distributed since 1970 via multi-level marketing efforts through independent distributors. The company claims its products contain the nutritional essence of 17 various fruits, vegetables, and grains that support a healthy immune system and promotes cardiovascular wellness. The headquarters are located in Collierville, Tennessee.

#1 Forever Living Logo Forever Living ›

9.3

Overall
Score

#2 Melaleuca Logo Melaleuca ›

8.3

Overall
Score

#3 Amway Logo Amway ›

6.5

Overall
Score

#4 Juice Plus Logo Juice Plus

6.2

Overall
Score

The Good

• Business Tools
  • Meets Industry Standards

Becoming a Distributor

The cost to join Juice Plus as an independent distributor is affordable priced at $50. Distributors earn income through retail sales. Commissions and bonuses begin once a distributor has at least 3 customers. Additional bonuses and commissions are added as a distributor moves up the ranks.

Business Tools

The company provides its distributors with sales support materials, business training tools, and marketing programs. Distributors also get access to an online virtual office for them to sign up new customers and edit their own personalized website. Distributors also receive updates on upcoming company events. New distributors are given instructions in a welcome email in how to log into the virtual office.

Products

The company's products are made from fresh fruits and vegetables. These farm fresh foods are carefully tested to ensure no contaminants affect their purity. These fruits and vegetables are then juiced. The juices are concentrated into powder form using a proprietary drying process that preserves nutrient quality as much as possible through temperature control. Other naturally sourced ingredients such as proprietary fiber blend and a variety of phytonutrients are also added to the juice powder base to ensure consistent key nutrient levels during each season. All products are manufactured in certified facilities that are 100 percent compliant with food and supplement regulations. These manufacturing processes are third-party verified by both the NSF International's Good Manufacturing Practices programs and Product and Ingredient Certification programs. The company's product line meets the following industry standard requirements:

• Product testing for contaminants and heavy metals,
  • Label and formulation review to verify that the label is accurate to the contents of the product
  • Manufacturing facility audits to ensure they operate using Good Manufacturing Practices

The products are distributed in chewable capsule form. The company works with mid-sized North American family farmers. The company states that it personally inspects each farm operation, their hand-picking processes, and weed and insect control processes.

The Bad

Scientific Proof

Scientific studies performed on the effects of Juice Plus products generated conflicting and controversial results. Critics argue that the supplements provide no scientific proof of significant health benefits. They also accuse the company of using misleading claims in marketing materials. Most of the published peer-reviewed studies on the company's products were funded or authored by the manufacturer or the company itself. The Center for Science in the Public Interest filed a complaint against NSA, Inc. with the FDA in 2007. They sought to halt marketing of the Juice Plus+ Orchard Blend and Garden Blend capsules because the products appeared to be adulterated and misbranded. They also claimed the company did not properly disclose the right information on the product labeling. The NSA was sanctioned to withdraw any representations that the products are equivalent to fruits and vegetables or that they meet the same dietary recommendations. Controversy swirled against the company in regards to the product testimonial given by former football athlete O.J.Simpson. Before the infamous murders he was charged with, he was recorded by the company in March 1994. In the video, he claimed that Juice Plus+ cured his arthritis. However, his defense attorneys presented medical evidence during the trial that his crippling arthritis prevented him from committing the murders. NSA cancelled his contract and stopped using the celebrity endorsement video.

The Bottom Line

Juice Plus+ is a worldwide health and wellness company whose nutritional claims are questionable amongst many consumer watchdog groups. The company's products have been distributed in chewable capsule form around the world since 1970 and meet food industry requirements set forth by the FDA.

It would appear that Juice Plus+ is a reputable company outside of its unsubstantiated claims. The initial signup cost is affordable, but the compensation plan could be better. The commission structure is lower than other competitor offerings, and unavailable to distributors until a certain rank is achieved. Individuals may discover another multi-level marketing opportunity more suitable to their unique needs.

4.9

Karen Outram

October 12th, 2017

I love the Juice Plus Capsules ! I've been taking Juice Plus and my eczema has cleared up and I have lots of energy. I became a distributer and love being part this great company.

wendy disi

September 9th, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

Juice plus has changed my families health tremendously kids had exzema clear up after about a month on the capsules my husbands gums stopped bleeding and no longer requires deep cleanings at the dentist, as far as the research being not significant there arre over 30 of the satudies published in peer reviewed medical journals that are availble to read online. All the studies are done by major universities yes they pay to get studies started but have no control over the outcomes of the studies goods or bad.

Jessica Simons

July 22nd, 2017 Henderson, NV

I LOVE JUICE PLUS! With it's help I've recovered from RA, my daughter from fainting and my son from eczema! I've seen countless of my friends have amazing results!!!

Sheila Sheets

July 1st, 2017

Love this company! I began taking this product in 2009 and have been a distributor since 2010 following great improvements in my digestive health attributed to this product alone. World class customer service that stands behind their product. Will take it the rest of my life based solely on the health benefits I have personally experienced in addition to close friends and families improvements I have witnessed myself first hand.

Lucy Bryant Warren

March 25th, 2017 Pooler, GA

By far the best company to work with, deal with, and best health/wellness product on the market.

Nick AMBROSE

January 20th, 2017

Best company in Customer Service.Great Products!

Nina DuPont-Stone

January 15th, 2017 Oroville, CA

This product is a complete nutritional program which has helped me get chronic illnesses under control, making a huge change in my life. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to provide nutritional support so their body will get healthier and stronger. It is my understanding that the only involvement in the research from Juice Plus is by supplying the product that is being tested, and that they are not directly involved in any other way.

Wendy Tyler

October 5th, 2016 Lebanon, OH

I began taking Juice Plus+ in 2009 and became a distributor in 2011. In that time, I have lived a healthier lifestyle and helped others to do the same. We make no claims that our product cures or heals any one person but do stand behind our research. It is the most thoroughly researched nutraceutical. And keep in mind, any company with a product to sell pays for the research.

jenni salsman

August 13th, 2016 Lebanon, KY

When looking through companies to consider I found this company to have more quality research to back their products and several physicians in the area recommending it to their own patients. My personal physician recommended it to me. i did view their compensation plan and must say no one has a plan like it in your listed businesses. As an outsider, you might want to reconsider where you have them listed in your numbers. i had ordered and consider them to have some of the most excellent customer service i have ever encountered. i have visited their head quarters and found that i have never seen anyone value their employees more highly than this company. I also researched and found out how much this company gives back to their community and thinks of others. I believe that they are a company who invests in others. Still researching and I have been impressed with who is a part of their company. you may want to investigate a little further as i do not see references to their giving, and the actual research behind it. Very interested in where your information comes from if not internet based. i have been to the companies and communities around them. This company seems much higher in recommendation than you give it.

Herwig Maurach

June 8th, 2016

I experience a very fair commission plan. I enjoy the fact that I have no obligations whatsoever, zero investment except for the fee (for the back office etc.) I especially like the scientific background. This puts me into the position to recruit even health experts. Altogether it is a 100% safe product without flaws and a fair commission/bonus plan. But it is still work and no self propelling business.

Emily Lamb

May 29th, 2016 Trussville, AL

I've been taking Juice Plus since I was six years old and I've been extremely impacted by the nutrition I put in my body. The people working with Juice Plus are so kind and not pushy at all! They WANT what's best for you, not for them. It's a great company with a great purpose.

Shane Campos

May 25th, 2016 Clarksville, TN

The product works as advertised... It fills the gap between you let veggies and fruit intake... I have a hard time keeping fruit and vegetables fresh and find I throw them away or don't buy and eat as much as I should. Kids take it and have not been sick the past year.

Meagan Miskin

April 11th, 2016

I highly recommend Juice Plus as a product and company. There are so many amazing stories of how this has changed people's lives for the better. I'm an Australian franchisee and our products are limited to the capsules, chews and balanced shakes which makes it a simple product to market. The support within the business is second to none and it's certainly the kind of workplace that I would recommend to anyone!

Kelli

April 2nd, 2016

I started using the products about a year and a half ago after seeing and feeling the benefits I soon got my husband and two children using it, we love the products for what they have done for us that my husband and I both joined as distributors.

Danielle Wright

April 2nd, 2016

Fantastic company to work for, after working for other MLMs ranked higher I'm baffled. Juice Plus have a fantastic commision scheme, great incentives, fantastic morals & ethics. I would 100% reccomend this business over any other!