Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, It Works! is a skin care and nutrition company in the multi-level marketing (MLM) industry. The company's founders came up with a plan for a multilevel marketing plan and the company began with its flagship body contouring product: The Ultimate Body Applicator.

Furthermore, the company expanded its offerings to include a full line of premium nutritional and anti-aging supplements designed to help consumers lose weight and stay healthy. Other products offered include the It Works! "Greens" line, green tea, defining gel, nutritional shakes and supplements for weight loss, and essential oils to help create healthy skin and nails. All products claim to be made from natural ingredients.

To join It Works! as an independent distributor, follow this simple eleven-step process:

1. Proceed to the It Works! website.
  2. Select either "Join" or "Shop" depending on whether you'd like to buy the product or sell it for commissions.
  3. Select "Join Today."
  4. Select your chosen country and language.
  5. Enter any Builders Kit Promo Code you have and check a domain name availability.
  6. Enter your address and account info.
  7. Boost your pack by purchasing additional inventory (optional).
  8. Choose the products you'd like to receive monthly.
  9. Select your shipping method.
  10. Input payment info.
  11. Proceed to final review.

The Good

• Natural Products
  • Low Upfront Costs
  • Commissions, Bonuses, and Discounts
  • Gives Back Foundation

Natural Products

It Works! is primarily known for selling its body wraps called the It Works! fab wrap, which helps people firm and tone skin, shaving off that extra fat.

The fab wrap reportedly decreases the amount of cellulite and water weight from the body. The company also features a number of nutritional supplements designed to curb appetite, promote healthy skin, and accelerate nail and hair growth.

From its conception with The Ultimate Body Applicator, the company leaders have been passionate about the use of safe, natural ingredients.

Subsequently, all of the company's products are natural and botanically-based. It Works! Strives to help people change their lives physically, by helping people change their eating habits, and financially, by providing an affordable natural product.

Low Upfront Costs

The cost to join It Works! as an independent distributor is $99 for a business starter kit, which includes a box of four wraps, marketing materials, business cards, and catalogs. Independent distributors also receive online training, access to a personal mentor, a free customized website for 30 days, and personal development coaching.

Because there is an upfront cost and BV minimum for each month, independent distributors must have adequate time and money to begin earning commissions from It Works!

Commissions, Bonuses, and Discounts

It Works! offers multiple layers of commission, bonuses, and incentives as part of a compensation plan. Distributors can earn 50 percent commissions on product sales for cash and carry items. Performance bonuses and downline commissions are also available. Downline commissions range between 2 and 10 percent of the product sales made by team members.

Distributors can move recruited distributors and sales volume to any one of their team members to build a stronger organization overall.

Distributors can purchase products at discounted prices for personal use with the loyal customer discount. This reward is earned every time a distributor signs up two loyal customers.

Gives Back Foundation

Working for and selling products of It Works! means clients and customers become apart of the foundation. The It Works! Foundation was founded in 2014 and focused on the following causes: Pediatric Cancer Research and Family Support, Humanitarian Aid, Anti-Human Trafficking, International Crisis Response, Veterans Support, Homeless Outreach, and Community Support.

Today, the It Works! Foundation is focusing its efforts on bringing awareness to The Payton Wright Foundation, The V Foundation, Children’s Cup, Selah Freedom, Samaritan’s Purse and The Gary Sinise Foundation. The company encourages friends and family to come together and give back. Every year for a week, each team is invited to find ways to give back to their communities.

The Bad

• Low Earning Potential
  • Lack of Scientific Evidence
  • Unclear Training Details
  • Negative It Works! Reviews

Low Earning Potential

It Works! relies heavily on social media and word-of-mouth marketing. The average It Works! consultant earns less than $300 each month. In addition, distributors must maintain a monthly minimum of 80 BV (bonus volume) auto ship in order to be eligible to receive commissions. This equates to approximately $112 in product purchases.

It should be noted, however, that if a distributor already has 150 BV in personal sales, the 80 BV minimum no longer applies. While being an It Works! independent distributor may help bring in some extra cash; it can be challenging to make it as a full-time job. The vast majority of distributors only make a passive income.

Lack of Scientific Evidence

It Works! has provided no scientific evidence to back up the health benefit claims it has made about its products. Further, the Food and Drug Administration warns consumers that using body wraps, like the Fab Wrap, for contouring can be dangerous.

Users must drink half of their body weight in ounces of water for three days after wrap use in order to achieve results. For example, a 200-pound person would have to drink 100 ounces of water each day for three days.

Unclear Training Details

It Works! does not provide much detail of the company's training programs on its website, specifically in regards to the training the company offers its independent distributors.

Statistically, individuals without experience in sales or network marketing struggle in the multi-level marketing businesses and would benefit from knowing that the company has a transparent training program.

It Works! Does provide some social media training, but it does not explicitly list what is taught. These individuals may choose to pursue additional training on their own or consider other opportunities with other MLM companies.

Negative It Works! Reviews

Though the company does have a decent amount of positive reviews, those are mostly from distributors who sell the product. The negative reviews are largely from customers but do include a few negative distributor reviews. So if you are a potential It Works! distributor, we recommend you pay attention to what customers are saying about It Works! products and how the company manages its online reputation.

Aside from issues with overcharging on products not bought and other customer service issues, user reviews have detailed problems with the products themselves. A few customers even go as far as to say that the skin care products and ingredients aren't natural, as is reported by It Works!

One common complaint from distributors is the fact that distributors cannot cancel auto ship. So distributors are being charged and can't get their money back until after they send the have shipped products back. The concerns with the company's auto ship cancellation policy are alarming.

While these negative reviews are concerning, we recommend potential customers and distributors weigh them against the company's positive reviews. User reviews are important because they give potential distributors and customers are clearer picture into overall customer service quality and satisfaction.

The Bottom Line

It Works! is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that provides a line of body wraps and nutritional supplements. The business model for It Works! is to offer everyone the opportunity to improve their lives physically and financially. The upfront cost to join the business opportunity is low, and distributors have the ability to earn commissions, bonuses, and discounts.

It Works! is an excellent option for stay-at-home moms/dads or for people looking for some extra income as it is a home-based business opportunity. However, it is unclear what kind of training It Works! provides its distributors. Additionally, most independent distributors earn less than $300 per month. Network marketing companies are not for everyone, so be sure to look at all the details before deciding to join.

Yve
June 27th, 2016 Bronx, NY

This company should be investigated for the way that they hold customers credit card and personal info. The FDA should also investigate their manufacturing. After I used the stomach wraps I broke out in hives and water blisters... no luck k trying to reach out to this company and the poor customer service!!

Geneva Floege
June 10th, 2016 Clayton, NC

The plant based products REALLY work and without a bunch of chemicals! The pay plan for distributors does not reflect all the bonuses that are given along the way as very generous surprises.

Martina Kittelson-Caviness
June 2nd, 2016 Watertown, SD

I have been with It Works for about 6 months now and I am also a full time college student with a part time job. It is so amazing being able to work from anywhere, especially home, with this amazing company! I have lost 20+ pounds using Greens and Thermofit along with a healthy diet and exercise. Also, with using the wraps I have lost 15 inches around my waist and IT STILL HASN'T RETURNED. It Works! is so supportive and my upline is always there when I need them and they have showed me that I am capable of so much more than I am aware of. They are very respectful of me still being in school and are not pushy. I highly recommend It Works! if you want to earn some extra cash and also grow in your own self development.

marissa montiel
June 2nd, 2016 Lillington, NC

I love that everything is plant based!

Kimberly Vera
June 2nd, 2016 Canutillo, TX

I love this company it has changed my life. All the negative reviews I see as people that were not fit for 5 his company in particular. This isn't for everybody. Your up line teaches you how to not spend any money even if you have to run a 80 BV autoship. You can literally run your business for FREE if you sell your wraps at $25 each. I truly am passionate about this company and its an amazing opportunity if your willing to give a shot and put in quality effort. I give this company an A+

Wendy
May 31st, 2016 Cheyenne, WY

I have been with IW for over a year and I have spent 10 times more for product, shipping, website fees and fees to get paid my commission than I could ever make back. Also I find that their products just don't work. If you are already eating healthy, exercising regularly then yes they may add a little assistance. Also the company claims one team one mission but I found that they throw you to the wolves if you aren't bringing in the customers they think you should.

Jennifer Craig Kitterman
May 31st, 2016 Dekalb, IL

As a salon owner, I was asked to join as a trade for my MLM Monat. I trusted this friend and did the trade. I was NOT aware that distributors DO NOT receive a larger discount then their VIP customers. The only way to get (some items) discounts is to have people join as distributors or VIP customers. You have to get 4 signed up to get a petty $120. Also, they encourage you to make misleading facebook posts pretending you only have x amount of spots for these great deals-not true. I got out within days of signing up. VERY PUSHY, VERY MISLEADING and horrible PYRAMID scheme! I'll stick with Monat where I get 30% off right off the top and HUGE bonuses for adding people-if I choose to do so without any pressure!

Mindy
May 16th, 2016 San Jose, CA

I was a distributor for a couple years, but honestly wraps don't work. Science claims it doesn't work. Maybe temporarily for water weight. Distributors will tell you it is not water weight, but they will tell you to drink LOTS of water while you are wrapping. Drinking water actually causes you to lose water weight. All of this is easily researchable with simple google. Now, I think people are catching onto this and so companies are putting logos on saying results are based on your lifestyle and diet. (So not wraps exclusively) Just didn't feel right lying to people when I found out.

Tina Carter
May 6th, 2016 Pasadena, TX

I am down 2 sizes because of the wraps. fat fighters and greens!!! The products are really awesome and the wraps WILL tighten, tone and firm your skin WHILE helping to lose weight and de-toxify!! I've been using them since July 2015! LOVE THEM!!!

Roni
April 27th, 2016 Sherman Oaks, CA

Products are AMAZING! I have a gluten allergy among other digestive issues, and take the greens just fine. In fact, the greens keep my digestion good, skin clear, and my body slim and energetic. Ive watched my grandmas fibromyalgia stabilize, my boyfriends potential diverticulitis cease and I haven't had a migraine in almost a year. As far as the wraps, they work. I've seen miraculous changes... Sometimes with one wrap, other times with 3 or 4. But they work-(better with water because you're flushing what's been released from deep in the skin and fatty tissue) and the lotion on the wrap heals the skin in addition to having anti-inflammatory and microcirculation properties. I had a clothing boutique before It Works, and even my best high end service wasn't enough for some people, and I got a few bad reviews online- and I KNOW service (worked in couture with celebs for many years). The fact that only 73 people had complaints out of millions of customers worldwide, says a lot about our company, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with new distributors who don't do the trainings, and therefore don't communicate the cancellation fee (customers agree to 3 consecutive months of ordering at least one item in exchange for wholesale prices which eliminates the $50 membership fee) to their customers. AMAZING support and resources, and the people who fail at this biz, do so because they quit, expect $ to fall in their laps or hold on to heir skepticism without being consistent with the products. Any herbal supplement takes at least 30 days of consistent use to feel an impact and many trepidatious distributors look for a reason why this won't work for them, or don't do the personal growth entrepreneurship requires. This isn't a get rich quick, but I know I can offer these products to my high end clientele with my reputation remaining solid. Lastly, 90% of network marketers will never earn more than $500 in the lifetime of their biz, I earned that my second month! And in my third, earned over $1400 and I haven't looked back since! I'm an It Works lifer!

Leila Katherine
April 21st, 2016 Tulsa, OK

Great products. To enhance a healthy lifestyle. With these product, I have been able to lessen kidney stones-greens have potassium citrate(a pill I was taking but didn't absorb right), and the wraps have helped tighten the loose skin from my weight loss. Not everyone will get result they are looking for it they just eat junk food and don't drink water. I love that I have dropped 60 in 6 months.

Ashley
April 20th, 2016 Wiggins, CO

Love this business. No cap on how much you can earn, easy to sell products, and awesome compensation plan.

mindy
April 8th, 2016

I am a current DT and I love this company. I also have a 40hr a week job. I have been able to build a big enough team to not have buy product every month, unless iI want to. 150 BV is not hard to achieve. The training and support you get is amazing. If you haven't then unfortunatly you probably are not on a good team. This is not a get rich quick scheme, you do have to work at it and build your team to succeed.

Danielle Maille
April 7th, 2016 Spring Hill, FL

I was an IW distributor for 2 years. I love the company, the support and training are awesome. I tried the body wraps and the first 3 I used didn't work. I talked to a few people and found a better way of going about wrapping and BAM my 4th wrap was a success since you can wear it up to 8 hrs I decided to do it over night with a pair of spanks on. I applied drank a bottle of water went to bed and woke up 3 and a 1/2 inches smaller. There is no guarantee because everyone's body is diff and they don't work for everyone. If you are doing this part time and not dedicated to meeting new people and social media then it's not for you. The only reason I left is makeup. Younique to be exact. I couldn't do 2 diff MLM companies at the same time most MLMs no matter the type include this in the contracts now and will terminate, I would rather get free makeup than wraps and supplements. IW does have a great compensation plan. I don't make as much % wise with the company I'm with now BUT I'm making enough to get free makeup and still get my IW products at the loyal customer price which is the same the distributors pay. I would have loved to do both MLM companies but the contracts kill ya. Just like with makeup most stuff ordered will last a customer longer than a month so you need to be finding new leads and meeting new people.

Kristen
April 4th, 2016 Joplin, MO

I researched many mlms before finally deciding on it works. They have the best compensation plan out there and super affordable product you can't go pick up at walmart . Products work well my husband lost a lot of weight using them. I love they are naturally based products also. I have gotten several promotions as a distributor in the year I have been one and make decent money for my work part time. I used to be with amway and never made a dime, so I'm glad I made this switch!

Rhiannon Barton
March 19th, 2016 Panama City, FL

There were no results - I wanted it to work so bad that I continued for months

Joanne
March 19th, 2016 Littleton, CO

I don't understand how anyone could think that smearing lotion on your skin could help you lose weight. There is NO scientific basis for these claims and to say that they are effective in any way is fraud. The company salespeople have even stolen transformation pics from other companies and touted them as their own. Steer clear of these products as they are 100% a waste of money.

Amanda Burgey
March 19th, 2016 Arlington, VA

You do not need to do an 80 bv autoship! If products are used correctly the results are amazing!!

David
February 24th, 2016 Bethel, OH

Look just like any business you get out of it what you put into it. No one have ever said this is a get rich quick kind of deal, it takes dedication and a lot of effort but it is possible to make decent money with IW. As far as the products go I feel they all work great but it is also about expectation. If you are selling customer on the idea that there over weight lifestyle will be cured by a body wrap and some supplements then of course you are going to have unsatisfied customers. These products are made to assist people in developing a healthy life style not make them skinny in 45 min. If you have the ability to motivate yourself and not expect a free handout than this is a great company and you can be successful as an Independent Distributor.

Kaitlyn Samford
February 24th, 2016 Spring, TX

I actually work from the company and LOOOVE it. Never felt as much of a part of a family as I do with my team. We are definitely given LOTS of sales training and support, and go above and beyond to keep our customers happy.

Lisa Potter
February 24th, 2016 Wilmington, NC

I have been with It Works! for 5 months and it's an amazing company!!! I've just shared their products with friends and family and I've made decent money with only doing that. And my wrap results were awesome!! That's how I became a distributor. And as far as the 80bv if you believe in your company and business you will want to order products for your own personal use!! And if you don't have the extra $ or want to order the 80 BV you can have a few customers that will have the 150 BV so you still make your commission.

margie
February 24th, 2016 San Angelo, TX

I started as a customer then after liking my results i signed as a distributor and have been doing it now for over 3 years. Love the products and very satisfied with the company and the amount of help and support i receive to run my business. They are very innovative in social media and training and products.

Kristen
January 6th, 2016 New Milford, CT

Great company, making big money (bonuses)and only 3 months in. Contrary to then other anti IW women below we do not push any one product and we do not lie to consumers. We tell them results last based on lifestyle etc. Sounds like they were on a crummy team. While we aren't fda approved we do adhere to fda protocol so I'm confused on your red flag. Overall look for a great team and see what we are all about because I know our goal is to help people as much as we can.

Sandra Lenfest Gillis
January 4th, 2016 Laconia, NH

I am a former distributor. I had a difficult time making this business work. I gave it a year. I also do work a full time job so I didn't have as much time as stay at home moms. I invested a lot of money in products and web site fees. I invested more money than I made. I will be claiming it as a loss. The Greens contains gluten. When you are alkalizing and detoxing your body gluten is one of the things you should be detoxing out of your body. These products are a scam. i have tried most of them. i did not see any results.

Susan
November 9th, 2015 Cary, NC

I was a DT for 3 years. Easy to get people to try with their gimmicky marketing materials but very hard to keep a loyal customer as they figure out the "wrap" is bogus and a temp fix. Comp plan is good if you can find people to sign under you dedicated to work. They give up easy as the market in some areas is saturated contrary to IW claims. Products not clinically tested is a red flag to me. I never liked the fact that use soy and soy lecithin in product. We were allowed to tell people who asked how the wrap worked "just put it on and it's magic"! Most people want to know the ins and outs before they put something on their body....We were also terminated bc I decided to join another MLM and just offered another DT a sample...bogus cross recruiting violation. Stay away.....

John Howieson
September 28th, 2015

The #1 item I was advised to sell was Body Wraps. I personally am slim and don't need that. Upline was on a Body Wrap mission. I think they do have other products, but I quit before there was any discussion. So if you WANT a Body Wrap to shave weight off, maybe it'll be the magic you need! Otherwise ... !