It Works!

verified
It Works! Logo

It Works!

verified
Very low upfront cost to sign up as an independent distributor

Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Bradenton, Florida, It Works! is a skin care and nutrition company in the multi-level marketing (MLM) industry. The company's founders came up with a plan for a multilevel marketing plan and the company began with its flagship body contouring product: The Ultimate Body Applicator.

Furthermore, the company expanded its offerings to include a full line of premium nutritional and anti-aging supplements designed to help consumers lose weight and stay healthy. Other products offered include the It Works! "Greens" line, green tea, defining gel, nutritional shakes and supplements for weight loss, and essential oils to help create healthy skin and nails. All products claim to be made from natural ingredients.

To join It Works! as an independent distributor, follow this simple eleven-step process:

1. Proceed to the It Works! website.
  2. Select either "Join" or "Shop" depending on whether you'd like to buy the product or sell it for commissions.
  3. Select "Join Today."
  4. Select your chosen country and language.
  5. Enter any Builders Kit Promo Code you have and check a domain name availability.
  6. Enter your address and account info.
  7. Boost your pack by purchasing additional inventory (optional).
  8. Choose the products you'd like to receive monthly.
  9. Select your shipping method.
  10. Input payment info.
  11. Proceed to final review.

The Good

• Natural Products
  • Low Upfront Costs
  • Commissions, Bonuses, and Discounts
  • Gives Back Foundation

Natural Products

It Works! is primarily known for selling its body wraps called the It Works! fab wrap, which helps people firm and tone skin, shaving off that extra fat.

The fab wrap reportedly decreases the amount of cellulite and water weight from the body. The company also features a number of nutritional supplements designed to curb appetite, promote healthy skin, and accelerate nail and hair growth.

From its conception with The Ultimate Body Applicator, the company leaders have been passionate about the use of safe, natural ingredients.

Subsequently, all of the company's products are natural and botanically-based. It Works! Strives to help people change their lives physically, by helping people change their eating habits, and financially, by providing an affordable natural product.

Low Upfront Costs

The cost to join It Works! as an independent distributor is $99 for a business starter kit, which includes a box of four wraps, marketing materials, business cards, and catalogs. Independent distributors also receive online training, access to a personal mentor, a free customized website for 30 days, and personal development coaching.

Because there is an upfront cost and BV minimum for each month, independent distributors must have adequate time and money to begin earning commissions from It Works!

Commissions, Bonuses, and Discounts

It Works! offers multiple layers of commission, bonuses, and incentives as part of a compensation plan. Distributors can earn 50 percent commissions on product sales for cash and carry items. Performance bonuses and downline commissions are also available. Downline commissions range between 2 and 10 percent of the product sales made by team members.

Distributors can move recruited distributors and sales volume to any one of their team members to build a stronger organization overall.

Distributors can purchase products at discounted prices for personal use with the loyal customer discount. This reward is earned every time a distributor signs up two loyal customers.

Gives Back Foundation

Working for and selling products of It Works! means clients and customers become apart of the foundation. The It Works! Foundation was founded in 2014 and focused on the following causes: Pediatric Cancer Research and Family Support, Humanitarian Aid, Anti-Human Trafficking, International Crisis Response, Veterans Support, Homeless Outreach, and Community Support.

Today, the It Works! Foundation is focusing its efforts on bringing awareness to The Payton Wright Foundation, The V Foundation, Children’s Cup, Selah Freedom, Samaritan’s Purse and The Gary Sinise Foundation. The company encourages friends and family to come together and give back. Every year for a week, each team is invited to find ways to give back to their communities.

The Bad

• Low Earning Potential
  • Lack of Scientific Evidence
  • Unclear Training Details
  • Negative It Works! Reviews

Low Earning Potential

It Works! relies heavily on social media and word-of-mouth marketing. The average It Works! consultant earns less than $300 each month. In addition, distributors must maintain a monthly minimum of 80 BV (bonus volume) auto ship in order to be eligible to receive commissions. This equates to approximately $112 in product purchases.

It should be noted, however, that if a distributor already has 150 BV in personal sales, the 80 BV minimum no longer applies. While being an It Works! independent distributor may help bring in some extra cash; it can be challenging to make it as a full-time job. The vast majority of distributors only make a passive income.

Lack of Scientific Evidence

It Works! has provided no scientific evidence to back up the health benefit claims it has made about its products. Further, the Food and Drug Administration warns consumers that using body wraps, like the fab wrap, for contouring can be dangerous.

Users must drink half of their body weight in ounces of water for three days after wrap use in order to achieve results. For example, a 200-pound person would have to drink 100 ounces of water each day for three days.

Unclear Training Details

It Works! does not provide much detail of the company's training programs on its website, specifically in regards to the training the company offers its independent distributors.

Statistically, individuals without experience in sales or network marketing struggle in the multi-level marketing businesses and would benefit from knowing that the company has a transparent training program.

It Works! Does provide some social media training, but it does not explicitly list what is taught. These individuals may choose to pursue additional training on their own or consider other opportunities with other MLM companies.

Negative It Works! Reviews

Though the company does have a decent amount of positive reviews, those are mostly from distributors who sell the product. The negative reviews are largely from customers but do include a few negative distributor reviews. So if you are a potential It Works! distributor, we recommend you pay attention to what customers are saying about It Works! products.

Aside from issues with overcharging on products not bought and other customer service issues, user reviews have detailed problems with the products themselves. A few customers even go as far as to say that the skin care products and ingredients aren't natural, as is reported by It Works!

One common complaint from distributors is the fact that distributors cannot cancel auto ship. So distributors are being charged and can't get their money back until after they send the have shipped products back. The concerns with the company's auto ship cancellation policy are alarming.

While these negative reviews are concerning, we recommend potential customers and distributors weigh them against the company's positive reviews. User reviews are important because they give potential distributors and customers are clearer picture into overall customer service quality and satisfaction.

The Bottom Line

It Works! is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that provides a line of body wraps and nutritional supplements. The business model for It Works! is to offer everyone the opportunity to improve their lives physically and financially. The upfront cost to join the business opportunity is low, and distributors have the ability to earn commissions, bonuses, and discounts.

It Works! is an excellent option for stay-at-home moms/dads or for people looking for some extra income as it is a home-based business opportunity. However, it is unclear what kind of training It Works! provides its distributors. Additionally, most independent distributors earn less than $300 per month. Network marketing companies are not for everyone, so be sure to look at all the details before deciding to join.

2.1

Kaitlyn Samford
February 24th, 2016 Spring, TX

I actually work from the company and LOOOVE it. Never felt as much of a part of a family as I do with my team. We are definitely given LOTS of sales training and support, and go above and beyond to keep our customers happy.

Lisa Potter
February 24th, 2016 Wilmington, NC

I have been with It Works! for 5 months and it's an amazing company!!! I've just shared their products with friends and family and I've made decent money with only doing that. And my wrap results were awesome!! That's how I became a distributor. And as far as the 80bv if you believe in your company and business you will want to order products for your own personal use!! And if you don't have the extra $ or want to order the 80 BV you can have a few customers that will have the 150 BV so you still make your commission.

margie
February 24th, 2016 San Angelo, TX

I started as a customer then after liking my results i signed as a distributor and have been doing it now for over 3 years. Love the products and very satisfied with the company and the amount of help and support i receive to run my business. They are very innovative in social media and training and products.

Sandra Lenfest Gillis
January 4th, 2016 Laconia, NH

I am a former distributor. I had a difficult time making this business work. I gave it a year. I also do work a full time job so I didn't have as much time as stay at home moms. I invested a lot of money in products and web site fees. I invested more money than I made. I will be claiming it as a loss. The Greens contains gluten. When you are alkalizing and detoxing your body gluten is one of the things you should be detoxing out of your body. These products are a scam. i have tried most of them. i did not see any results.

Kristen
January 6th, 2016 New Milford, CT

Great company, making big money (bonuses)and only 3 months in. Contrary to then other anti IW women below we do not push any one product and we do not lie to consumers. We tell them results last based on lifestyle etc. Sounds like they were on a crummy team. While we aren't fda approved we do adhere to fda protocol so I'm confused on your red flag. Overall look for a great team and see what we are all about because I know our goal is to help people as much as we can.

Susan
November 9th, 2015 Cary, NC

I was a DT for 3 years. Easy to get people to try with their gimmicky marketing materials but very hard to keep a loyal customer as they figure out the "wrap" is bogus and a temp fix. Comp plan is good if you can find people to sign under you dedicated to work. They give up easy as the market in some areas is saturated contrary to IW claims. Products not clinically tested is a red flag to me. I never liked the fact that use soy and soy lecithin in product. We were allowed to tell people who asked how the wrap worked "just put it on and it's magic"! Most people want to know the ins and outs before they put something on their body....We were also terminated bc I decided to join another MLM and just offered another DT a sample...bogus cross recruiting violation. Stay away.....

John Howieson
September 28th, 2015

The #1 item I was advised to sell was Body Wraps. I personally am slim and don't need that. Upline was on a Body Wrap mission. I think they do have other products, but I quit before there was any discussion. So if you WANT a Body Wrap to shave weight off, maybe it'll be the magic you need! Otherwise ... !