HerbaLife International

HerbaLife International Logo

HerbaLife International

12-month money-back guarantee for distributors

Herbalife International is a global nutrition company with the goal of helping people around the world pursue healthy active lives since 1980. Herbalife grows through its Herbalife members and independent distributors in more than 90 countries from Argentina to Australia.

The multi-level marketing company is based in Los Angeles, California. Herbalife has grown to offer targeted nutrition for men's, women's, and children's health.

Herbalife's product line also aids in weight and stress management, digestive health and immune health. Herbalife prides itself in having a transparent distribution model in place, a competitive compensation plan, and training programs to help people around the world start and grow their own businesses.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Forever Living Logo Forever Living ›

9.0

Overall
Score

doTERRA Logo doTERRA ›

8.1

Overall
Score

Shaklee Logo Shaklee ›

7.5

Overall
Score

HerbaLife International Logo HerbaLife International ›

5.2

Overall
Score

The Good

• Nutrition Advisory Board
  • Average Sales
  • Money-Back Guarantee

Nutrition Advisory Board

Herbalife's has a nutrition advisory board which has proven to be beneficial to the company's members and independent distributors. The nutrition advisory board is composed of medical experts from around the world providing a well-rounded approach to human health. One such member of Herbalife's nutrition advisory board is Dr. Chin-Kun Wang who has been a member of the board since 2013. Here are a few points from his list of credentials:

• Current professor of the Chung Shan Medical University in Taiwan
  • Honorary president of the Nutrition Society of Taiwan
  • Awarded the National Award of Biomedicine in Taiwan for his contribution to medical education

Average Sales

For distributors concerned about generating enough income, Herbalife's average monthly distribution sales are $2,500 according to Facts About Herbalife. A projected growth model has distributors reaching 20 customers by the second month of selling Herbalife products. This is double the amount of customers distributors are expected acquire in the first month.

Money-Back Guarantee

Herbalife promises customers a fully refundable, 30-day money-back guarantee. The company offers a 12-month money-back guarantee for its distributors.

The Bad

• Side Effects
  • Negative Publicity

Side Effects

Herbalife has received many negative reviews written by sites like eHow. The reviews warn potential customers about side effects due to potentially harmful ingredients in the nutrition company's products such as:

• Shellfish products: Many Herbalife products contain shellfish which will most likely cause harm to individuals who are allergic to shellfish.
  • Caffeine: This ingredient can lead to anxiety, restlessness, and insomnia. Herbalife products, pills, and tablets will contain between 65 and 75 mg of caffeine per serving.
  • Lead: Small amounts of lead in Herbalife products may lead to symptoms such as stomach pain, vomiting, and fatigue according to the Mayo Clinic.

Despite these mentions of potentially harmful ingredients, we have not found any evidence of these ingredients in the products.

Negative Publicity

Herbalife's shares have also been down since activist investor Bill Ackman's negative remarks about multi-level marketing.

Ackman claimed Herbalife's multi-level marketing model was a pyramid scheme, this led some investors to feel that Herbalife's shares had hit rock-bottom.

Herbalife's stock value was greatly affected by the negative publicity caused by government investigations. However, in July 2014, Herbalife won the investigation, and though still affected by the case, they have proven to be a reputable company.

The Bottom Line

Herbalife's success since 1980 has shown its durability and provided proof that the LA-based company may be around for many more years. The educational resources and mentoring program can act as a backbone for distributors to find the financial success and independence they seek.

Herbalife also has the backing of a nutrition advisory board made up of health experts and professionals from the U.S. to Taiwan. Herbalife is a reputable company and we recommend researching the opportunity further to ensure it fits your needs.

Evaluate your options of the multi-level marketing companies you're considering then go with what company best meets your needs. If you choose Herbalife, be prepared for the negativity that has hit Herbalife due to the recent lawsuits and investigations that took place in 2014.

View Best Multi-Level Marketing Companies

3.6

Natalia Baldizon
October 22nd, 2018 Memphis, TN DETAILS

I have been drinking the nutrition products since 2010! I have been in the best health in my life! I have been helping people getting healthy and help make extra income since 2014! I love Herbalife’s vision and mision! World happier and healthier!

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Good company with a good reputation. Like their products and the way that they do business.

Trent
April 30th, 2018 Provo, UT

Expensive products and pushy sales people. I wouldn't recommend

Amanda
April 18th, 2018 Sherwood, OR DETAILS

Tried HerbaLife before my wedding... I was desperate to lose a few pounds. This didnt help AT ALL! and I felt like it even slowed down my metabolism! Wasn't for me! Shakes tasted good tho.

Luz Roque
April 9th, 2018 Yelm, WA DETAILS

The best company ever, the products are effective and great quality. Excellent weight loss program.

Miguel
December 20th, 2017 Seattle, WA DETAILS

I have been an Herbalife customer since 2007, and I love the products and I feel great, In 2008 I became a Distributor and I have been doing the business part time, I have been making decent money so far, I know there is not reach quick guide in Herbalife and I believe the same for any other company out there, everything takes hard work, dedication and most important thing, I have to take action every single day.

Zito’s family
October 12th, 2017

I have been using Herbalife products for almost 13 years and I have never felt stronger and healthier than now. I used to have allergies and low immune system, but since I started using Herbalife I have never got a cold or flu again. I use the entire product line, the facial and personal care products are amazing. I have a shake, tea, and tablets every single day even during my pregnancy. Thanks to this nutrition I have a Healthy daughter that has barely been sick. I went back to my normal weight in just a few weeks postpartum. My entire family consume the products and we couldn’t be more satisfy. Delivery it’s always on time and we never got anything missing in our orders, when we call the company they are always willing to help and with the best attitude. In conclusion, we love the products and we love the company.

Pedro Rodriguez
June 20th, 2017

I love the the products, I use the sport-line (herbalife24 NSF certified for sports) I have an amazing results with it!!! The business opportunity I definitely love it, after being a satisfied customer for 3 year. I'm starting my business ● great support from the company ●great support from the team that I'm with. I'M GRATEFUL BEING PART OF THIS COMPANY

Van Nguyen
June 2nd, 2017

i've used Herbalife F1 for 2 months and i can feel the great change in my body. Maybe Herbalife is not 100% good but it leads me to a heathy life. That's good enough.

Danielle Portinga
June 2nd, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

As a health care practitioner, many people come to me claiming to be 'Health Coaches' with zero training on their products other than stories of how someone had amazing results. The products are so high is Soy and estrogen products that screw up people guts and immune system. There is NO real product training and these self professed 'Health Coaches' are nothing more than sales reps attempting to get their money back. I have tried Herbalife and had violent reactions. So bad that I had to cancel patients because I was unable to pick myself up off the bathroom floor. Vomit and diarrhea. There are so many 'health' products out there it is confusing for the majority of people out there. When you are approached by someone that has a cult-like mentality, it can be difficult to say no. Say no to Herbalife and their products. Look into it more. The founders mother died from anorexia. These products were created to help her gain weight. Not loose it. Eat whole foods, drink water. Everything in moderation.

Javier Ramírez Milla de León
May 8th, 2017

I take Herbalife products, and they are awesome. Lost weight just in fat, gained some muscle, I feel better, active and have more energy during the day. I recently had a blood analyses and everything turned out great, super Healthy, the doctor was surprised. I´ve met people that take Herbalife products for more than 10 years, aging slower, very healthy, improving other people´s health. I´ve also met pregnant moms that have taken Herbalife before, during, and after they gave birth. Children take Herbalife, such as my daughter and I has been incredible getting to know these products.

Sue Merrell
February 6th, 2017 Palm Bay, FL

I took Herbalife For weight loss years ago along with two friends. We took it for approximately 2 years. This stuff is death in a bottle. Thermagenics killed my one friend, I got Cushings Syndrome and my other friend Pheochromacytoma. All endocrine disorders. Immune system disrupted. I almost died. Be warned!!!

Footros Bootros
January 26th, 2017

In 3 years as a customer I reshaped my body, gained lot of energy, feel stronger and more productive overall. Feeling much more happy and confident, helped my family feel better and live healthier. After 2,5 years part time as a distributor have monthly extra income cash for traveling, education seminars, car expenses, sports and nutrition for my entire family. The thing is with Herbalife, as much as you give in, that much you can expect in return. This is a long term opportunity, not a get rich quick thing... and I have totally changed my lifestyle. From a smoker and rather heavy alchohol drinker, occasional drug user I managed to quit snoking, lowered anchohol consumption to social situations and not using drugs any more. It works for me!

Filip Brnada
October 7th, 2016

I am 21- year-old and I've been involved with the company for three years now. The company's compensation plan and incredible nutritional products allowed me to create and maintain an income of 300$ (USD), working on a part-time basis during my studying years. I'm very grateful for the opportunity. Thanks Herbalife!

Carmen Freeman
September 7th, 2016

Herbalife is great for the products but as a distributor you are signed up and left to your own devices and god forbid you cross anyone else territory even though they live 20 miles away and you live in the immediate vicinity. I have been with the company 6 months and still striving on but am looking elsewhere due to lack of support, training and nastiness among uplines.

Wayne
June 27th, 2016

awful experience on products and was told by 'mentors' it's a numbers game the more you earn the more I earn. no care for the client just get them on the products and make me money.... no thanks not for me - have now quit and will try another option.

RT
June 22nd, 2016

Best company in the world. . Giving back more to its agents then any other company in the world. .

Branislav Mráz
June 20th, 2016

30 day guaranted, super. 1 day delivery product, super. marketing plan, super. product, super. people, super.

Claudia M Hill-Herbalife Independent Distributor
June 10th, 2016 Patterson, CA

I have been involved with Herbalife as a Customer and later a Herbalife Distributor. Herbalife is great but like everything you need to understand the products and their benefit and if they are the correct mix for you. It also helps to have someone that is following your progress and never order product from second party websites. I am very happy with my experiences so far.

Luis V
May 31st, 2016 Porterville, CA

the product is amazing along with exercise and strict a strict diet keeps you feeling good. I love taking it for breakfast and dinner. Joining the company also changed my life. the problem is I got lazy about 2 months in to the business. in those 2 months I managed to build a business that gave me an extra $2880 in 2015 and I am still receiving checks between $30 and $100 dollars a month without doing the business. so I believe that for someone that is serious about doing mlm,this is a great company with great support to help you give value to your hard work.

Laxman Beemanathi
April 6th, 2016

Herbalife works for some people and get side effects also the same. and the compensation plan every year ID renew have depending on the level. after supervisor level every year you have to make or maintain your level to make volume points around 4000 (its costly) if not maintain level, that person have downgrade his levels also. that's the reason i stop herbalife and change another company.

Allison
April 4th, 2016

Changed my life n will never look back. Absolutely love the products, the people n the company.

Tanya
March 19th, 2016

I joined Herbalife back in 1989 and it did not help me at all . I bought heaps of supplements but after a few months of no improvement I changed to another company.

Afxentis Evangelou
January 6th, 2016

It changed our life! The best opportunity out there!

pradeep
December 15th, 2015

In progress but some time is take to lavel up